Unstable | E.D (Book 2)

crypticethan

"We're breaking him out." Grayson announced to the rest of the gang. His eyes darted to me as my eyes almost... Еще

characters & introduction
one - friends
two - plan
three - aim
four - are you okay?
five - i don't recognise that name
six - deal
seven - all the fun
eight - intruders
nine - elevator
ten - cell 50
eleven - oh how the tables have turned
twelve - blood stained scrubs
thirteen - why isnt she moving?
fourteen - S.W.A.T
fifteen - do not pull that trigger
sixteen - get on my back
sixteen - i'm sure
seventeen - clingy
eighteen - tattoo
nineteen - bee on your ass
twenty - extracurricular activities
twenty one - hot dog on a rollarcoaster
twenty two - last day
twenty three - i want to kill her, then myself
twenty four - i love you ethan dolan
twenty five - yes it is you
twenty six - light squeeze
twenty seven - a little scare
twenty eight - my problem
twenty nine - best friend goals
thirty - boom
thirty one - bed bugs
thirty two - files
thirty three - jacob
thirty four - I wanted to feel in charge!
thirty five - birthday girl
thirty six - water will be involved
thirty seven - unknown
thirty eight - officially pissed off
thirty nine - fine
forty - malia
forty one - silence
forty two - revenge
forty three - time to choose
forty four - help my itch
forty five - loose floor
forty six - hand me the lighter
forty seven - be alright
forty eight - i want to see her
fifty - look at that
fifty one - answer
fifty two - let me kill him
fifty three - crazy monster
fifty four - forever
fifty five - i do
fifty seven - us
fifty eight - positive
sixty - big reveal
sixty one - its time
sixty two - shit
sixty three - monumental
sixty four - no worries
epilogue
thank you

forty nine - bad news

1.1K 25 21
crypticethan

Ethan

"So the medication should start kicking in within a couple minutes, so just relax and let them run their course," Jasmine's nurse speaks so very nicely to her as she changes her bandages on her stomach. "You might feel a bit sick or even light headed, but that pretty normal." She adds on, lightly pulling down her gown over her stomach. 

I saw her gunshot wounds as she cleaned her up, and I can truly say the doctors did an exceptional job at patching and stitching her up. She's very bruised, and extremely swollen, but overall she looks as if she's healing up pretty well. 

I can also tell she's in a lot of pain. It's clear as day, though being her she tries to hide it with every move she so happens to make. She even tried to hide the fact that she was in pain when the nurse was cleaning her wounds.

Once the nurse was all finished bandaging my baby back up, she finally left us to be alone. Then again, nothing but pure silence lingers between Jasmine and I.

In fact, it only grew more as the seconds ticked away on the wall clock inside of the room. It was terribly awkward, and I'm not sure why there was a sudden uneasiness surrounding the both of us.

Have I done something wrong? Did I disappoint her? Does she not trust me anymore for letting this happen to her? Those very questions swirl around my head, along with others. 

"Baby?" I call her name, deciding I should talk this out with her.

"Yes." She answers me in a whisper, during which she turns her head from staring at the wall to look at me expectantly. 

"Can we talk? I don't really like the silence between us." Admitting to my dislike for our silence towards one another, I scoot up my chair I'm sitting in closer to her bed. I want to be eye level with her.

"Yes. I don't like it either." She avoids eye contact with me, still speaking in a whisper.

"Did either the doctors or nurses do a rape kit on you? I had requested they do one." I begin my speaking with a concerning question, that has been bothering me since we were taken by that asshole and his crew.

"Yes, a nurse did. I wasn't raped as I told you before. If you don't believe me, my copy is in that hospital bag over there." She points to a plastic hospital bag filled with paperwork on the couch in her room. 

"I believe you, I'll just double check it later," I respond softly, taking ahold of one of her hands in my own. "Baby I love you so much. Do you know that? Do you know how much I love you, Jasmine?" My eyes are locked with hers the whole entire time I speak to her; wanting her to know I'm being serious. 

"Yes, I know." Her voice is not much in a whisper any more, but it is soft and low.

"Yeah? Well why did you make the decision to keep me from knowing anything about your condition... or your status? That hurt me, Jas. Everyone was keeping quiet, all because you didn't want anyone to tell me anything. Why? Did I disappoint you? Have I not been good to you? What is it?" I don't mean to come off as demanding or urging, I just want to know why she felt the need to keep her wellbeing secret from me. 

"I-I didn't want you to see me like this– at my w-worse. I still don't want you to, but I guess that's changed now." I notice the short amount of time she responds to me, she holds her head down not giving me eye contact. She even had a few stutters in her wording. She's so lying to me.

"Why are you lying? Be real with me, Jas. What's up? Do you regret going back in that mansion with me? Do you blame me for what happened to us?" I question further, feeling tears prickling at the corners of my eyes. 

"No!" She whisper yells, grabbing ahold of my hand tighter than before. "I could never blame you for what happened to me, or to the others. You saved us all, Ethan. I'm proud of you, you're my hero." I notice she bites back a cry, quickly looking away as she drops our twined hands to wipe at her face. 

"Babe, you're crying. Why are you crying? Please tell me. Please." I stand up from my chair, and gently take a seat next to her on the edge of her bed.

"I'm sorry." She turns around to look at me with watery sad eyes. As she says an apology I don't know what for, my brain begins to wonder what she actually is sorry about. Have she snitched me out for taking out a few people? Am I being set up again?

NO! My Jas wouldn't do that to me– to our family. I guess I a displayed a face of nervousness, because she placed a shaky hand to my face and strokes my cheek lightly. 

"Did you deceive me too?" I mumble as I look down at my hands.

"I would never, but in a way I feel as if I let you down." Her voice is weak, and solemn filled. 

"What's going on, Jas? I'mconfused, just tell me what's bothering you babe."

She softly smiles at my pet name, but it doesn't reach her eyes as it would usually do. "I um, I found out I was pregnant," she frowns through her tears, as she looks down at her hands punctured with IV lines. "But I lost it– I lost the baby." She then looks up to me with tears streaming down her eyes. "I'm so sorry." Then just like that, she begins to cry into her hands in hysterics.

"What? Y-you were pregnant? I don't understand, you didn't say anything. I wouldn't have let you come back with me. I-I don't know– oh my gosh." I ramble on, not making any type of sense. 

I lightly get off of the bed, and hop over to my baby, giving her a light but firm hug. She immediately responds back, giving me a light hug back as she continues to cry. I try my very hardest to calm her down, not wanting her to cry any longer. I absolutely hate when I see the woman I love cry. I can't stand it at all. 

"Shhh, it's okay. It's okay." I talk with empathy in my tone, wanting her to know it is okay.

"No it's not. I got our baby killed, Ethan." She snaps, tears streaming down her face. 

"Why didn't you tell me you were pregnant, Jas? How did you even get pregnant? The last time we had sex was your birthday, and I pulled out each time." I wipe away her tears, taking my previous seat next to her on the bed.

"I didn't know I was pregnant. I was as shocked as you were when they told me. But I knew something was wrong when my nurse gave me a sad look, before telling me I had a miscarriage. She says I was around three weeks or so, and that the baby came out on the operating table." She almost speaks robotically, as she stares into space. 

"Baby if I would've known, your ass wouldn't have stepped foot back inside that house. I don't understand all of this. Don't women miss their period when they are pregnant? You should have missed yours." I try to wrap my brain around Jas miscarrying, but everything is still not making any sense to me.

"I know, but I didn't know I was pregnant. I had no type of symptoms at all. I still had my freaking period." She sniffles, wiping at her eyes. 

"Damn it! I cannot believe this; you were pregnant with my kid. Fucking shit! I hope those shitheads are burning in hell already." Growing frustrated, I tug at the ends of my hair.

"Calm down. I know you're  sad, trust me I am too. But as of right now, we have to focus on healing up and taking care of everything have going on. That right there is what needs to be done. Yes, we are extremely sad, but life still goes on, E." Jasmine breaks the sad truth to me, but she is right. We already have priorities and responsibilities with our everyday life. 

"I'm just shocked, sad, and angry all at the same time. But you're right, baby, you're right. I am just so happy you are alright, and I love you so much." I lean over to kiss her, as she too kisses me back.

"I love you too, Ethan. Nothing in this world could ever tear us apart. It's you and me forever." She mumbles against our closely touching lips, as I look at her and nod.

"It will always be you and me forever, Jas." I add on, getting a soft smile from her. I am still sad about her losing our baby though. 

As the day moved along, I stayed by Jas' side the entire time. Keeping her company, helping her out with anything she needed– which was not much of anything really. All having to do with her not wanting me to strain my leg.

She's so nice, but little does she know I would do anything and everything for her. If she wanted me to kiss her dirty feet I would. If she wanted me to kill someone for her I would– I did. Even if she wanted me walk to the end of the earth for her, I definitely would.

I submit to her, and only her. 

Later on that afternoon we got a visit from our family and friends. I am so happy they decided to come visit Jas, because that made her smile so brightly. It felt good being surrounded by people who care and love us, just as much as we love them. 

Everything seems to be moving forward now, and I hope it stays this way. I like having my family and friends surrounded around me; it's a damn good feeling. A feeling I would hate to get rid of.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

84.4K 1.4K 71
It's weird how two people can change your whole life, for the better or worse. Grayson Dolan and Ethan Dolan book Started: June 2018 Ended: August 20...
76 0 14
"Never. I could never do that to anyone, let alone you." He quietly says into my ear. He starts to rub my hair. "You're lying. You'll leave just lik...
6.4K 33 60
Sometimes love means letting go when you want to hold on tighter. But if it is real, it will never be over, right?! Is Ethan Dolan really the one fo...
758K 15.6K 39
"Go away." I murmured. "What was that?" he mocked. Staring deep into my eyes, he took another step closer. "W-what are you doing?" I stuttered, I wa...