Necessary Evil

By IrisEvergreen

Ten years after the exile of Naruto Uzumaki, Konoha wants him back. Naruto is happy that he can enter the lan... More

Necessary Evil
A mission
Is that Naruto?
STILL A NAIVE IDIOT...OR NOT...
The Rebirth
Dinner with Naruto sama
Back to Konoha
Not Here To Stay
The Game Begins
Dig The Grave Deeper
The beginning Of The End
Watching You Crumple
Matches Continue
Unstoppable
The Demon Inside
The Next Move
Mercy
About Naruto
Shaking the foundations
Life After
Author's Note

The Truth

10K 346 91
By IrisEvergreen

Danzo woke up in a dark room... No, it wasn't a room, it was just endless black space.

His eyes narrowed, what is this? Behind the bandages his Sharingan eyes spun furiously, trying to dispel a genjutsu that just didn't exist.

If not a genjutsu then what is this place?

"I am not a fan of the whole monologue thing so let's start shall we?"

Danzo had no time to react to the disembodied voice before a fist buried itself in his gut with enough force to punch through a brick wall.

Danzo coughed up blood and fell to his knees.

"W-Who..."

There was a put-out sigh from the darkness before Naruto's figure could be seen appearing out of the empty black space.

"You!"

"Look Danzo, as I already told you I don't like wasting time with monologues so let's just try to kill each other already," Naruto glared.

"Uzumaki you will-"

"Pay for this blah blah blah, I know the whole spiel so spare me. And I already know about your Sharingan eyes and Mokuton arm so spare me the weak old man act as well."

Danzo's eyes narrowed, "I see..."

He stood up and straightened looking like the punch earlier did not affect him any longer.

Naruto smirked and felt a rush of excitement when the bandages fell away to reveal the stolen Sharingan eyes and the Mokuton arm.

I am going to enjoy tearing them out one by one

Shisui's Mangekyo spun in Danzo's eye socket and Naruto scoffed at Danzo's attempt at hypnotizing him.

Then Danzo disappeared from sight.

_________

Tsunade stood in front of Kyoshiro with a glare.

Kyoshiro rolled his eyes at the woman's attempt at intimidating him, then sighed when Tsunade refused to take the hint that it wasn't working and kept on glaring at him.

"Senju-san, Naruto is not here and as much as I would like to help you, I can't. I will not convince him to talk to you because... The truth is that I despise you all for how you treated him,"

Tsunade winced at that.

"But I am not unreasonable. I genuinely think that you have changed but if you want to talk to Naruto, it will be his decision."

Tsunade turned thoughtful then after a moment of silence asked, "Do you know what he did to the other ninjas?"

"I do..."

"He took away their chakra..."

"I know," Kyoshiro said.

Then he added when he saw her open her mouth to speak,

"And I won't tell you how he did it."

Tsunade nodded without making a fuss.

"You are not surprised that I figured it out?"

Kyoshiro scoffed, "We both knew that if anyone figured it out, it would be you... Naruto will speak with you Tsunade and I warn you not to waste the chance he gives you."

_________

Naruto knelt on the ground as Susanoo crushed down upon him.

Danzo watched it all with a smirk. Naruto may have managed to overwhelm Danzo at first but once Danzo released the heavy hitters, the foolish boy stood no chance.

Danzo could see Naruto straining to not let the Susanoo crush him and laughed,

"You honestly thought that you could defeat me? Even after knowing about my secrets?"

"Yeah I really do," Naruto answered nonchalantly as if the chakra specter wasn't trying to turn him into a bloody pancake.

Danzo frowned, "You are a fool, boy."

"So I have been told by many self-righteous assholes," Naruto looked up and winked when he met Danzo's eyes.

Danzo growled and increased the power of his Susanoo. It was straining him too but the sooner he ended this the better, Danzo thought.

Naruto strained for a moment more before he suddenly relaxed and stood up and the Susanoo was pushed back by the unexpected power.

Danzo with his Sharingan saw the chakra that enveloped the blond all of a sudden and was confused and frustrated, so the boy had an ace up his sleeve.

Naruto stretched languidly and looked at Danzo before punching straight through the Susanoo and to Danzo's horror the Susanoo shattered and disappeared.

"How-"

"I must say Danzo, I had thought that the first level would be enough for you. I didn't want it to be too easy for me after all..." Naruto said, "But you managed to push me to my second level... That's impressive, you should know."

"Level?" Danzo asked cautiously.

"Hmm..." Naruto looked too carefree as if this wasn't a battle to the death and somehow Danzo knew that to Naruto, this wasn't even a battle at all.

"I keep my powers locked in levels you know... And you just managed to push me past level one."

"How many levels do you have?" Danzo asked and wished he hadn't when he heard,

"A thousand..."

Then all Danzo knew was the pain.

______

Tsunade walked towards the stadium. There were still a few more hours before sunrise and she didn't know what to do with the time.

She had already decided not to fight. At first, it was because she didn't want to defeat Naruto, now she could admit that it was because she was afraid of her facing the same fate as those who fought Naruto before. What was a shinobi without chakra? Even Lee, who prided in not using ninjutsu indirectly depended on chakra. Tsunade had spent so many years in perfecting her skills that the loss of them sounded worse than death at the moment.

She sighed when she recognized her teammate's chakra coming towards her.

"What were you doing with the Onikage?"

Tsunade looked at Jiraiya with narrowed eyes,

"I went to see Naruto,"

"And?"

Tsunade rolled her eyes but went with the questioning anyway because fighting sounded too exhausting right now. The tiredness wasn't physical and all she wanted was to rest.

"He wasn't there so I didn't get to see him."

"Tsunade..."

There was a warning in Jiraiya's voice and Tsunade idly wondered when it had come to this between them.

She was about to tell Jiraiya about what exactly Naruto did to the other shinobi. The information could be helpful and besides, he was her former teammate after all.

Then she sighed when she remembered what said 'former teammate' had done for her earlier.

Despite that, no shinobi deserved what Naruto would do to them tomorrow so maybe she should tell him.

"Look Tsunade, I know about the soft spot you hold for Naruto. I mean, I do too but what you're doing now is treason."

That surprised Tsunade out of her thoughts, 'Treason? What the hell did I do?'

Jiraiya glared at her as he spoke, "I know you went there to warn him about Danzo's decision."

"No, I didn't."

But Jiraiya wasn't listening. He had come to his own conclusions about her leaking all their plans to Naruto.

That's what finally did it. It was petty but she had enough of this bullshit.

Tsunade turned and walked away. Jiraiya would only know what Naruto could do after Naruto was done with him.

_________

"How many lives do you have left Danzo? One?"

Naruto asked from where he stood above a battered Danzo.

Danzo was in no form to fight back. Crumbled on the floor with every bone bent the wrong way.

Naruto crouched next to Danzo. Danzo was growing a bit desperate when he understood that this might be the end of him.

"I am a kage if you kill me there will be-"

"Already taken care of Danzo."

"You can't... You can't kill me."

"I am pretty sure it's not all that difficult."

"The scrolls!"

Naruto frowned slightly confused, "what scrolls?"

Danzo swallowed maybe the demon will let him go if he offered the scrolls, "The clan scrolls. All of them have been moved and only I know where they are and if you kill me-"

Naruto's eyes sparkled with mirth as he said, "again I ask Danzo, what scrolls? Because your secret Root facility and everything it contained is burning down to ashes as we speak..."

Danzo's eyes widened, "You stole the scrolls!"

Naruto rolled his eyes at that, "No, I burned them. Do you really think I need them anyway?"

No, Danzo didn't think he'd need them because Naruto was a God in his own right and what would he need scrolls for? But if what he said was true, every clan scroll from the time of the First Hokage was gone...

"Was this all about revenge? You didn't want anything other than revenge?"

"Initially, no. Then along the way if I got some payback, then no one can blame me...." Naruto shrugged, "My plans for Konoha never included this Danzo. This," he spread his arms, "you all brought upon yourself."

With that Naruto stood up and straightened his sleeves, which was unnecessary since he looked as pristine as ever.

"This will be the end, Danzo?"

Danzo nodded, something like acceptance settling in his eyes, and Naruto admired that.

"Are you going to destroy the village?"

Naruto thought about it for a moment, "The village? No. Despite what you all think I am not that much of a monster."

Danzo nodded and stood up for the final fight.

_________

Naruto arrived just in time for the matches to start. The stadium was already filled and the Kage were also present, all except Danzo.

Kyoshiro sat down at the Kage area talking with Gaara.

"Where is Danzo?" Jiraiya frowned, "He should be here by now... Something's wrong."

"I believe you are worrying unnecessarily, Jiraiya-sama," Kakashi said.

Jiraiya shook his head, "No Kakashi."

"Look there he is..."

Jiraiya looked up and saw Danzo enter the Kage area.

Danzo greeted every Kage politely which made some of them suspicious. That old coot was never this polite for anything.

Danzo sat down next to Kyoshiro.

Kyoshiro leaned forward slightly so that only Danzo could hear him speak, "Don't be that polite."

'Danzo' gave a small frown and then his face smoothed down into his customary scowl and he asked Kyoshiro, "Better?"

Kyoshiro nodded, "Much."

_______

Naruto looked at his mate before turning to face his first opponent for the day.

Sasuke Uchiha.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49K 1.7K 53
'"Please Itachi... I know I can't save Sasuke but I can save you." Itachi considered these words before knocking Naruto's hand away.' Redemption begi...
5.4K 145 10
Completed: 10/10 Chapters. Sasuke Uchiha finally comes back to the leaf at age 16 and immediately decides to visit Naruto Uzumaki for help from the b...
8.8K 219 7
once the war has ended everybody is glad that Sasuke has came back to the hidden leaf. everybody but Naruto. as time passes people seem to notice why...
1.5M 46.4K 36
Naruto had managed to keep the promise made to Sakura: the great Uchiha Sasuke has been brought back to the village. Naruto was then accused of being...