The Insiders [Dubredo]

By moniqueph

Dubredo One Shots in the POV of the closest men and women around them. Fiction. Light reading. Have to make... More

Author's Note
Operation: Ambush
Parent Trap (Part 1)
Parent Trap (Part 2)
Parent Trap (Part 3)
Parent Trap (Part 4)
Parent Trap (Part 5)
Parent Trap (Part 6)
Parent Trap (Part 7)
Parent Trap (Part 8)
Parent Trap (Part 9)
Parent Trap (Part 10)
Third Wheel
A Rumor in Moscow
Fast Talk
Guerrilla Part 1
Guerrilla Part 2
Guerrilla Part 3
Guerrilla Part 4
Guerrilla Part 5
Guerrilla Part 6
Guerrilla Part 7
Guerrilla Part 8
Guerrilla Part 9
Guerrilla Part 10
Guerrilla Part 11
Guerrilla Part 12
Guerrilla Part 13
Guerrilla Part 14
Guerrilla Part 15
Guerrilla Part 16
Guerrilla Part 17
Guerrilla Part 18
Guerrilla Part 19
Guerrilla Part 20
Pangatlo
I Think I Know
They Were Loud

I am Iron Man

829 19 7
By moniqueph

A/N. It's been a while since I wrote an update here, so here goes! This story is nearing the thousand-mark reads, thank you for your support! :)

--

I am recently appointed as the Chief Protocol Officer by the OP and I am thankful. Our office is in the Malacanang grounds but sometimes, the President asks me to come by his house across the river.

It is one of the days after the election period. Unofficial results are out and it is good at this side of Manila. However, there was no celebration on our part, just another day at the office. One night, I was invited by the President at his home to have dinner.

When we arrived, we noticed that there was a Grandia van parked outside. I smiled to myself – I know who it is in an instant.

We entered Bahay Pangarap but aside from the staff, there was no one else. The President spun around at us, his assistants and security and asked softly.

"Asan siya?"

Apparently, he also knew the owner of the van who came to visit him.

"Nasa loob pa po ng sasakyan sir," said a staff.

"Di nyo man lang pinapasok," he replied softly as he went outside. He walked towards the van and I followed him behind. He knocked at the main door when the PSG alighted from the passenger seat and opened the main door.

A lone figure greeted us with sad eyes but with effervescent smile.

I smiled at her.

"Mr. President," she extended her hand to him as he helped her get out of the van.

"Di kayo pinapasok?" He asked her as he shook her hand.

"Di na po kami nagbakasakali kasi baka di kami payagan, hehe," She told him with that giggle that I was told by security, makes his knees weak –or rather, weaker.

He led her inside, not letting go of her hand as we trail behind, with knowing stares and suppressed smiles. I was told this is not the first time this kind of event happened. The Vice President have been visiting Bahay Pangarap since 2016 – but only a handful of people know.

They settled in a sofa and were served coffee and tea. I tried to make myself useful by going to the kitchen and check on the dinner we will have.

When I returned, I noticed the crestfallen faces of 1 & 2. I had a gut feeling that there will be no dinner but I do not know what will happen next. I just stood there and waited for them.

After a few minutes, I noticed the Vice President slowly stand up and walked towards the President (she was seated across him), who's buried his face on his hands, his elbow on his knees. She stood in front of him and looked down on him. Slowly, she put her hands on the side of his face as she crouched down to level his face. She slowly removed his fingers on his face and held them. She gave him a small smile. She slowly stood up again, pulling him to stand up with her and he obliged. She put his hands on her waist as he bends down to, um,

- nuzzle her neck.

I had to look away.

I bowed down and looked at my shoes for as long as I can remember.

When I looked up, they were slowly walking to the dark corridor on the left. He was leading her and they were holding each other's hand. I looked around me and their security details surprisingly, just let them be – but they were smiling.

"Does this happen often?" I asked one of them.

No response, just another knowing smile.

--

We ate dinner, me, the staff and the security details. We laughed and shared stories – some horror stories about the Palace. I noticed that the security avoided talking about 1 & 2 because the staff asked some questions and they just look at each other and smile.

After we cleaned up the place, I felt like I need to go home. Work's starting early tomorrow so I need to get some sleep. I walked towards the corridor, to the small room of the President. I pressed my ear to the door. One security detail laughed softly.

"Tahimik sila,"

I pressed my finger on my lips as a response as she giggled. I knocked softly on the door but of course, there was no response. I checked my watch – 1 am. I turned the knob and to my surprise it was not locked. The security details wait in bated breath as I softly open the door.

The table lamp light near the door is open. No kulambo. I'm hearing soft snores. I opened the door more and as quietly as I can, entered the room and looked at them.

His back is against the bed frame, his eyes closed. On his chest is her head resting, eyes also closed. His one hand is on her shoulder blades, the other, holding her hand on his belly. It is not the most comfortable position but I can hear soft snores which mean deep sleep. I smiled and looked at the security eyeing me curiously from the outside. I nodded at them. I slowly walk back outside as I murmur, "Uuwi na po ako sir, see you tomorrow and good night," when I heard a small voice in reply,

"Good night, Robert."

--

I went to the residence earlier than I should be there and to my surprise, the President and the Vice President were already awake and they're having breakfast with some of his staff.

"Robert, good morning," He greeted me. "Ma'am, kilala mo na si Robert?" he asked her.

She turned around to shake my hand and smiled enthusiastically, her dimples showing – they're right, her smile is really something.

"Upo ka, kain. Pasensya ka na, di na tayo nakapaghapunan kagabi," He told me.

"Ok lang sir, kayo po ata ni Ma'am ang di nakapaghapunan?" I tell him as I look at her.

"Pagod narin kami. Nakakawala ng gutom ang pagod, sa totoo lang," he replied weakly and the Vice President nodded softly.

He looked at her.

"Ma'am, sabihin mo na yan, para maka-move on ka na," he teased her. She laughed.

"Ang ano sir?"

"Yang dinadamdam mo,"

"Huh?" She looked at him and he looked down. I smiled. I was told last night by one of the security details that the Vice President's best asset is her eyes – and looking at it now, I agree.

"Na-fe-feel ko e," He told her and she laughed again.

Silence.

"Well, um," She cleared her throat. "Last night, Sharon called me," she started, looking at me. "Sharon Cuneta, oo. I was surprised because ang bungad niya sa akin ay Congratulations, VP! – not in the most enthusiastic tone pero encouraging. Sabi ko, naku ma'am, talo nga kami, pero salamat, but she replied, no, no, congratulations for all your hard work. You've worked so hard and you deserve all the congratulations for that work."

"So ako medyo nagtaka," she continued, "I asked her, ma'am anong meron? She did not answer agad, she asked about the kids, how are they and all pero I asked her again kung anong meron. She cleared her throat and told me that she heard her husband talking to President Noy over the phone. Nakinig daw siya from behind and she heard that um," she stopped and wiped her philtrum (space between nose and upper lip) with handkerchief.

The President is looking at her intently from her side. "Um, sabi daw ay, nearing election day, hindi na daw aim ng Otso Diretso manalo, kasi ako mismo, is not exerting enough effort to break the barriers. So parang ang goal nalang daw ngayon is for awareness for the next election cycle," she wiped her philtrum again.

"Who said those?"

"Si Senator Kiko, sir."

"Then?"

"Tapos narinig daw ni Ma'am Sharon na ni-loud speaker ung phone kasi andun din si Senator Frank sa bahay, nagdinner ata sila. Nagsalita si President Noy, sabi daw niya, um," She paused and for the 3rd time wiped her philtrum with her handkerchief. She looked down. "Um, sabi niya, di naman daw talaga ako, um, maaasahan to bring the party, or ung slate, tapos si Secretary Mar naman daw ay nagsolo so isa pa daw siyang sakit sa ulo. Iniwan lang daw niya ung Liberal, nasira na, kasi, um, pabaya daw ung current leadership." She finished. After a while, she covered her mouth with her handkerchief as she sobbed quietly.

The President continued to look at her, his face serious. After a while, he leaned forward to her and kissed her forehead. He also put his hands on her back and massaged it. "Tahan na," I hear him say softly amidst her quiet sobs. I had to look down.

"Robert?"

"Yes sir?"

"Ano meeting ko ngayong umaga?"

"LEDAC sir."

"Ah, ok."

The Vice President stood up and thanked the President for the breakfast. She said that she'll go home first to change before going to the office. The President walked her to her car, as he always does. I prepared his things with his staff as I take him asking his schedule as cue that we're leaving any moment. As I looked up and look at them outside, I saw a giggling VP as the President kiss her hand, close her car door and wave her goodbye. I smiled.

"Robert?"

"Mr. President,"

"Let's go," He said without looking, his face suddenly, dead serious.

--

We arrived in Malacanang and the meeting is in 10 minutes. This is the earliest LEDAC meeting so far and almost all participants are already in the Aguinaldo Hall.

The President entered the room on time and shook the hands of everyone. He then stood in front of his seat as the prayers were said. He ushered everyone to sit down as he also took his seat. Instead of speaking to them, he first browsed the folder in front of him.

He read for about 5 minutes while the people around him look at him. When he stopped and looked up, he still did not turn on his mic. He just looked at the people across him – the Speaker, the House Majority leader, the Senate President and the Senate Majority Leader.

His face suddenly turned a bit sour. I took a deep breath.

"Good morning. Um, first, I would like to say that I am happy," he started. "I am happy that most, if not all the almost winners of the Senate seats are aligned with this administration, but I am not celebrating because you are an independent body from me."

The people nodded.

"Despite this, I told Sal to congratulate or recognize also the efforts of the opposition, Otso Diretso and the others for fighting the good fight. If I remember correctly, he said that we value dissent but they must accept the results.

You know, I am open to dissent because it is part of a healthy democracy, but of course, we have our politics, parties and the like and as such, we do our hardest to win. Everyone fought hard and well this elections and there are winners. The losers do not have to -" he paused and looked at the Senate Minority Leader.

"The losers do not have to, point fingers, blame each other and balewalain the efforts exerted because being able to run for a position in the government really requires a lot of effort and money. Di ba Frank?"

Everybody looked at the Senate Minority Floor leader – his face is blank but he nodded at the President.

"You know, I campaigned for my slate. Kapagod, putangina. Kala ko, graduate na ako dun, di pa pala. Saan sila magpunta, sunod ako, because of course, I need to support them and also and most importantly, because I am chairman of the party – it is my duty to take them under my wing. Ikaw, Frank, did you do your part in campaigning for the Otso?"

Mr. Drilon's eyes bulged. He opened his mouth only to close it again. He turned on his mic. "I did not campaigned for them sir, it was Kiko –"

"Yun naman pala e!" The President almost shouted that everybody looked at him. I took a deep breath and looked at him closely. "Then do not, don't – " he started but bit his lip hard. "Do not belittle the ano, the effort –" he stuttered. I cannot understand why he is holding back to say what he wanted to say.

"Sabihin mo kay Kiko, yung babae, did everything she can, to lift that Otso Diretso," his voice is much higher now. "Putangina, halos bumagsak na nga katawan niya e, kakakampanya, and do not tell me I do not know a thing, putangina, I know everything!"

Some of the officials just bowed their head.

"Sa radyo, sa ground, dala dala niya yang ano – e bakit di nyo pagsabihan yang si ano, yang nang-iiwan, si Roxas? Bakit di siya tanungin nyo, kung nasaan siya when he's supposed to be there to complete Otso at di lang sila syete o ano? Kaya wag nyong sabihing "not exerting effort to break barriers" putangina, halos magbreak na ung katawan ng tao kaka-byahe para mag-endorso, habang kayo dyan, di naman nagttrabaho," he snarled.

I forgot the fact that the President is speaking in his voice and not through the mic.

"Sabihin mo rin kay Noy, na kung ayaw nya sa pamamalakad ng current leadership nyo, siya nalang. Magaling siya e. Pabaya? E kung kayo pabaya, ano pa siya? Edi sana kinampanya din nya yan Otso, baka sakaling nanalo, kasi may magic siya di ba? Tapos kapag tapos na at di maganda resulta, sasabihin niya na di maayos yung leadership, putangina kasama siya dun!"

The President heaved a loud, deep sigh.

"Sabihin mo lahat yan Frank ha. Sabihin mo, kung ayaw nyo na dun sa babae, sabihin nyo lang, I'm ready to –" He suddenly laughed to himself. "Tagal ko nang pinipilit yang si Ma'am, maglipat na sa ano," he recalled, his eyes suddenly dreamy. "Kaso, ayaw talaga. Mailap." He said and some people laughed nervously. "Dami nang kumausap diyan, pero ayaw talaga, liberal daw talaga siya kasi liberal si ano," he looked down and played with his pen.

"Do not underestimate her leadership because you do not know how much she loves that party of yours – kahit natunaw na yang "yellow". She knows why she's there, she knows what she wants, she believes in every single one of you who's there I am sure, tapos sasabihin nyo lang na pabaya siya or di siya nag-eexert ng effort, mga walang utang na loob."

"Marami pa akong gustong sabihin Frank, pero nakakahiya na dito sa mga kasama natin, maubos ang oras. Make sure the word reaches your leadership and you guys ponder on it. You say something like that again, naku," he warned him but his stare suddenly turned soft. I smiled.

He looked around his cabinet members. "May mga ninong at ninang na ditong nakaabang," he started his joke and his cabinet members laughed. "Dati, tinatanong ako ng media kung ano daw ibigay ko sa kanya, buwisit na buwisit ako, kako singsing nalang, ung diamond." He continued and more people laughed this time.

"Gawin ko na talaga yan kapag ano, kapag inulit nyo nanaman yang paninisi. Sana lang pumayag, ano?" He looked at Secretary Puyat and she laughed loudly. The others laughed as well.

I suddenly remember when he walked the Vice President to her car and made her laugh after her sad confession.

He can really turn things around for the better.

--

After the long day, we arrived at Bahay Pangarap. I was invited again by the President to a dinner. He remained enthusiastic during the remainder of his day and he decided to cook for us. He wore an apron and his security staff, particularly the ladies, complimented him in his look.

"Bagay sir! House husband!" They squealed and laughed.

"Do you know that I used to cook when my wife was not around? Not the best, pero edible naman," he bragged as he started to mix the ingredients.

I whipped out his phone and took a video of him. "Kunwari sir, nagvvlog ka." I tell him and everyone laughed.

"Ano ung, vlog?" He asked me, looking at the camera.

"Ano sir, video blogging, bale nagkkwento sa video, kung anong ginagawa mo, naiisip mo, ganyan."

He looked at the camera for a while and we laughed.

"Ano sasabihin ko?"

"Kung paano po lutuin yang niluluto mo," I tell him.

He hesitated for a moment but to our surprise, he started talking, in his quiet voice, how he'll cook his monggo.

When he finished, we prepared the table and sat with him. He told stories about various topics and joked and laughed with us. He's in such a good mood that some of his detail started asking questions about last night.

"Sir, ang tahimik nyo ata kagabi," one teased.

"Anong tahimik?"

"Sa kuwarto sir," one replied and everyone laughed when he face palmed himself.

"Nakikinig kayong mga buang?" He asked and everyone is still laughing.

"Si Robert sir," one said and he looked at me.

"Sir, magpapaalam kasi ako na uuwi na ko, e, baka makaistorbo ako," I tell him honestly and everyone laughed harder.

"So you're really thinking that we're doing it?" He asked us and we all said yes! He laughed heartily.

"Well, sorry, we didn't," he said and some security booed him that he laughed again. "Alam niyo, she was sad and tired and just wanted to rest. She slept in his dress and I slept in my barong, buti di ako nangati," he told us.

"Eh mayor, bakit may pa-momol sa sala?" one brave detail asked and everyone cracked up.

"Anong momol?" He asked, also laughing.

"Make out make out lang," some staff said in chorus.

"Kayo ha, pinapanuod nyo kami," he replied shyly, his earlobes turning red. We laughed. "Wala yun, make out na ba yun? We did not even kissed sa lips, uy. Ano lang un, pakiramdaman ba –" he said shyly and everyone cheered.

"So sir, negative?" a staff asked.

"Anong negative, di nga kami nag-ano uy!" He replied defensively and everyone laughed. "Kayo, ang dudumi ng utak, wala. It did not happen, I'm sorry." We laughed again.

"Negative nga," Another staff confirmed.

"Di naman magiging positive yun si ma'am, tali na siya di ba?" he retorted and everyone laughed loudly again.

"Naku, gusto ni sir," an aide teased him.

"Di ah," he denied but they continue to tease him.

He really looked shy and conscious talking about the Vice President personally. I smiled at him.

"What do you think, Robert?"

"Ano po sir?"

"Gusto ko daw ma-positive si Leni, mga buang ito."

I laughed. "Well sir, wala siyang boy na anak," I say innocently and everyone cracked up again that a detail even patted me on the back, clapping.

"Bigyan ko ba sir?" He asked me, smirking.

"Mukhang magaling kayo dun sir e," I tell him and they laughed louder.

"Di naman, but there is a technique," he said in a "as a matter of fact" tone. "I will teach you, ladies and gentlemen," he continued and discussed the procedure to us that I barely heard the whole of it because everyone was laughing loudly.

"Di naman kayo nakinig, seryoso nga ako," he said, his voice high and squeaky that I couldn't help but laugh as well. "Aba'y sabihin lang ni ma'am kung gusto niya ng baby boy, bigyan ko siyang triplets," he said in jest and everyone laughed their hardest.

My stomach hurt after the good meal, thanks to the President's cooking and stories and jokes. The staff helped him clean up and I arranged his things in preparation for tomorrow. I also watched his first vlog and saw an unread message to him from the Vice President.

"Thank you always sir," it said with a kissing smiley face. I smiled.

I decided to reply to her a part of the vlog I videoed, the part when the President said while looking directly at the camera, "ma'am leni, kapag pagod ka na, ako muna magluluto para sa iyo nitong masarap kong monggo" and typed,

"I love you 3000."

--

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.4K 247 20
Impregnating her without knowing, will love still be rekindled after knowing she hid their daughter from him?
1.1K 51 8
Hoping for her father to come back home, Leni decided that it's best for her to start working in a rich family's home. Not expecting her future to be...
9.7K 331 30
This is a Duterte - Robredo fan fiction story. They found his body, 2012, and buried it. They found his body again. Almost 6 years since they buried...
123K 5.1K 63
You are an ordinary senior college student. But on your first day, you get a video game which sends you to the world 120 years in the past. There, yo...