The Hybrid Whisperer KTH+JJK

By DeeLuxxe

Jungkook is a bunny with an attitude. Can 'pet whisperer' Taehyung tame him? More

Coming Soon
Notes and warnings
One
Two
Three
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
wattys?
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Forty
Forty One
Epilogue
100,000!!!!! (face reveal eep!)

Four

23.1K 1.5K 511
By DeeLuxxe

When planning his sessions with wayward pets, he always set a goal. He usually had a rough idea of how to achieve that goal, but the means were always flexible, it was the goal that mattered. Today's session with Jeongguk was no different.

A clean room. That was today's aim. It didn't really matter how it got there, it only mattered that it got clean, and Jeongguk was the one to do it.

Unfortunately Jeongguk did not seem to be nearly as goal oriented as Taehyung. In fact, the young hybrid was sitting on the sofa patently ignoring Taehyung altogether. The most he'd gotten out of the boy was a grunt of acknowledgement when he'd called his name for the third time in as many minutes.

"Look, Jeongguk, I understand you want to play, but you have to finish your chores first." Taehyung reasoned. "So let's just get stuck into it and when we're done you can return to your game. Ok?"

"Let's not and say we did." Jeongguk sassed back, making Tae's lips tighten in disapproval.

"I'm trying to be reasonable here, Jeongguk. If you work with me things will go smoothly and we'll both get what we want. If you don't..." He paused, inviting the boy to challenge him.

Jeongguk finally turned his attention toward him, his lips twisted into a sneer. "If I don't, what? Huh? What're you going to do?"

Taehyung didn't rise to the taunt, keeping his voice soft and even. "I'll leave." He said simply and Jeongguk's lips twisted into a smirk. "But I'll be taking that console with me." He added, almost enjoying the way the boy's expression went slack with shock.

"You can't do that!" He objected. "That's stealing! Mama Kim won't let you."

"Oh, but I can. Mrs Kim said, and I quote, by any and all means necessary." Tae smiled serenely, completely confident in his authority on the matter.  "Need I remind you our next appointment isn't for three days? Make a decision, Jeongguk. Now. Help me clean your room, or I go home ...with your console."

"That's not fair!" He yelled indignantly, his charcoal ears flicking in irritation.

"Life's not fair." Taehyung shot back before holding up his hand, fingers splayed. The other he held out for the controller. "Five." He tucked his thumb into his palm. "Four." He tucked down his pinky and secured it beneath his thumb. "Three." His ring finger. "T-"

"Alright!" Jeongguk shoved the controller roughly into his waiting hand. "I'll clean the stupid room. Stop counting at me like a baby."

Taehyung gave him the same sweet, serene smile. "Thank you, Jeongguk. Would you mind leading the way?"

For once the boy didn't argue. He did however mutter under his breath the entire time it took to reach his truly filthy room. Taehyung stood frozen for a moment, taking it all in.

"Jeongguk!" He censured with a gasp.

"What?" The boy grouched back defensively.

"How can you sleep in here? Doesn't the smell bother you?" His nose wrinkled in disgust as he asked, genuinely concerned.

"Maybe. Some." Jeongguk mumbled.

"Oh bun, I knew you were sad but this is ...wow." Taehyung murmured, not without sympathy.

Jeongguk's fists clenched and stomped his foot, making a dull thud against the carpeted floor. "Shut up! You don't know me. And don't call me 'bun'!"

Taehyung eyed him speculatively before nodding. "Of course, Jeongguk. That was too familiar of me." He apologised solemnly. Bunny was tetchy it seemed. He wondered what was going on to make him so sensitive. Oh well., they'd deal with the 'why' later. Right now they needed to fix the 'what'.

"Well, no point dilly-dallying." Taehyung clapped his hands sharply before rubbing them together eagerly. He didn't miss Jeongguk's flinch at the sharp sound. Maybe the bunny wasn't as brash as he was making out?

"How do you want to start? Do you have a regular method or would you like me to give you direction?" He asked politely.

Jeongguk's expression went sour again. "Calm down. It's just cleaning, not rocket surgery." Taehyung wasn't sure if that was a play on words or a genuine mistake so decided to ignore the mixed metaphor. Either way if Jeongguk didn't want his guidance he would step back and supervise.

"Have it your way." He said neutrally. "I'll just..." He looked around for a clean surface to perch on. "Clear a space." He said dully when he found none.

"Whatever." The hybrid muttered. That seemed to be his favourite word.

Taehyung ended up settling himself at the very end of Jeongguk's bed, doing his best to ignore the state of the sheet beneath him. At least this small corner was relatively clean.

It took all of ten minutes before it became obvious Jeongguk was overwhelmed with the sheer magnitude of the task before him. His ears were laid flat against his scalp and he was plucking nervously at the downy hair of his cheek. Taehyung decided to let him flounder on his own for a while, hoping the bunny would come to him for help, but not really expecting it.

After the fourth time that Jeongguk's eyes had flicked to him before stubbornly shifting away Taehyung mentioned nonchalantly. "You know, if this were my room. I'd probably start with the big stuff. Like laundry?"

He bit his cheek to hide his satisfaction as Jeongguk began picking the clothing off the floor, pointedly avoiding looking at Taehyung as he did so.

"Remember to shake them out, Jeongguk." He prompted.

Jeongguk gave the shirt in his hands a vigorous shake and not even biting could stop the smile from blooming across his face at the small victory.

"Good boy." He praised, more from habit than anything but Jeongguk's cheeks heated at the words.

"I'm not a dog!" The boy objected sharply.

"Of course not, Jeongguk." Taehyung soothed in his deep, calming voice.

"Don't talk to me like that! I'm not a pet!" He threw the clothes he'd been scrunching between his hands at Taehyung angrily.

Taehyung caught them, bundling them up and setting them down beside him before getting to his feet. He took a step toward the bunny, noticing the way his ears flicked nervously and he swallowed convulsively before squaring his shoulders defiantly.

"Jeongguk." He said, his voice firm and even. "I understand that you're having ...difficulties at the moment. But I will not tolerate you physically attacking me. Do I make myself clear?"

Jeongguk scoffed. "It was just some clothes. Chill."

Taehyung's face hardened and his eyes turned steely. "Do I make myself clear?" He asked again, sterner.

Jeongguk met his eyes defiantly for a moment longer before he lowered them in reluctant submission and shrugged, his jaw clenching.

"Jeongguk. Clear?" He repeated implaccably.

"Yes. Fine. Clear." He finally grumbled, staring intently at the wall behind Taehyung's shoulder.

"Good." Taehyung nodded and returned to the corner of the bed. He picked up the bundle Jeongguk had flung at him and offered it to the sullen hybrid. Jeongguk snatched it up and threw it in the laundry basket without comment. 

They worked like that for the rest of the afternoon. Jeongguk would look lost and Taehyung would offer gentle guidance, leaving it to the boy to take or leave his suggestions until finally Jeongguk was finishing tasks and looking expectantly at Taehyung for further direction. Once Jeongguk began cooperating the work went swiftly and soon Taehyung was looking over the hybrid's spotless room with a proud smile.

"Good work, Guk." He gave the bunny a congratulatory pat on the shoulder. The bunny boy nodded awkwardly, his discomfort with the praise apparent. Tae let his hand drop without comment, but the pride in his expression remained.

His gaze wondered over the bed, taking in its pillowless state. He couldn't sleep like that. "I don't suppose there are any pillows that made it out unscathed are there?" He asked.

Jeongguk scratched the back of his neck as his ears flattened once again. "Um, not really."

"Why'd you do that anyways? Weren't they comfy or something?" Tae tilted his head curiously.

"No, they were fine they just..." The boy looked away from the bed uncomfortably.

"What? What was wrong with them?" He pressed.

Jeongguk shook his head, "Nothing."

"Hey." He lowered his voice to a confidential murmur. "You can tell me, Guk."

"You'll think it's stupid." He mumbled with embarrassment.

"No, I promise, I won't. I'm here to help you, Jeongguk." He said in that same soothing tone, the one that was able to coax trembling pets from their hiding places into his gentle hands.

"They were too new. They didn't smell right." He finally admitted, his small voice almost inaudible.

Tae's expression softened with understanding. "This was his room, wasn't it?"

Jeongguk nodded miserably, still staring at his feet intently.

"You know it's ok to miss him, your owner." Tae said gently.

"I'm not a pet! He isn't my owner, he's my friend!"

"Oh." He said diplomatically. "Is that why you aren't collared? I'm sorry, I misinterpreted your relationship." Tae soothed. "But, you know, we can fix it. Well, the pillow problem at least." Tae promised.

Guk's head snapped up in surprise. "Really?" And Taehyung was thankful his ploy to distract the hybrid had succeeded.

"Well sure. It's easy if you think about it. Why don't you grab a spare pillow and I'll show you."

Jeongguk nodded hesitantly, not quite believing and left the room. When the boy returned with the bare cushion Tae suspected might have been from the sofa, he took it from the hybrid's hands and tucked it securely under his arm.

"They didn't smell like him, right? So all we need to do is find something that does," He searched through the draws he'd noticed Jeongguk pointedly avoiding earlier and plucked out a t-shirt. He held it up for Jeongguk's approval who took a tentative sniff before nodding slightly. 

"Pop it on the pillow. Et voila! Problem solved." He stuffed the cushion inside the shirt and handed it back to the hybrid who sniffed it tentatively before nuzzling softly. Taehyung was astounded to hear a small toothy purr begin emanating from him.

"Cute." He whispered under his breath, fighting the urge to run his hands through the boy's glossy hair and over those inviting, velvety black ears.

"And I think that's my cue to get out of your hair for the day. You did a great job today, Guk. I mean that." He smiled.

In typical fashion, Jeongguk just shrugged muttering, "Whatever." But Tae saw the way the corner of his mouth lifted into a half smile before he could school it back to careful disinterest.

"Feel free to go back to your game. You earned it. I'll be back in three days, ok? And I expect to see this room in the same condition. Understood?"

"Yeah, yeah." He agreed with surprising ease.

"That's my boy." And before the prickly bunny boy could object, Tae was out the door. "Later."

A/N Another update you lucky ducks! calicojeon don't hurt me! I'm not over doing it, I swear!

Oh I am really liking this story. Is it weird to be excited to read your own stuff? Asking for a friend...

I'm loving Tae and Guk's whole relationship dynamic. Tae as calm daddy dom is *chef's kiss* And nuzzling, purring Guk? Don't touch me I'm soft!

Anyways I hope you're enjoying it. Comment to let me know!

Remember to vote.

I purple you!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.3K 3.9K 26
"Oh, you're not a cat." Winter is usually harsh, but maybe this year won't be so bad for a certain bunny boy after he gets found by his new favorite...
226K 9.7K 27
Hybrid bunny Jungkook Hybrid fox Taehyung Hybrid wolf Yoongi Hybrid kitten Jimin Hybrid squirrel Hoseok Hybrid tiger Namjoon Hybrid deer Seokjin Sequ...
40.2K 1.6K 50
Jungkook,a sweet bunny hybrid with a traumatic past . Taehyung, 2nd in charge of Omens, a feared mafia group. Can Taehyung heal Jungkooks beaten and...
159K 6.5K 23
Jeon Jungkook hated his life, unlike most hybrids. Jeon Jungkook was a bunny hybrids, unlike most who were either a cat or dog. He was rare, beautifu...