My Benefactor

By crimsonnebula

After Reagan found out that she was a product of her mother's teenage indiscretion and her so-called father's... More

My Benefactor Prologue
My Benefactor Chapter One
My Benefactor Chapter Two
My Benefactor Chapter Three
My Benefactor Chapter Four
My Benefactor Chapter Five
My Benefactor Chapter Six
My Benefactor Chapter Seven
My Benefactor Chapter Eight
My Benefactor Chapter Nine
My Benfactor Chapter Ten
My Benefactor Chapter Eleven
My Benefactor Chapter Twelve
My Benefactor Chapter Thirteen
My Benefactor Chapter Fourteen
My Benefactor Chapter Fifteen
My Benefactor Chapter Sixteen
My Benefactor Chapter Seventeen
My Benefactor Chapter Eighteen
My Benefactor Chapter Nineteen
My Benefactor Chapter Twenty
My Benefactor Chapter Twenty One
My Benefactor Chapter Twenty Two
My Benefactor Chapter Twenty Three
My Benefactor Chapter Twenty Four
My Benefactor Chapter Twenty Five
My Benefactor Chapter Twenty Six
My Benefactor Chapter Twenty Seven
My Benefactor Chapter Twenty Eight
My Benefactor Chapter Twenty Nine
My Benefactor Chapter Thirty
My Benefactor Chapter Thirty One
My Benefactor - Chapter Thirty Two
My Benefactor - Chapter Thirty Three
My Benefactor - Chapter Thirty Four
My Benefactor - Chapter Thirty Five
My Benefactor Chapter Thirty Six
My Benefactor - Chapter Thirty Seven
My Benefactor - Chapter Thirty Nine
My Benefactor - Chapter Forty
Update

My Benefactor - Chapter Thirty Eight

74.9K 859 27
By crimsonnebula

My Benefactor

Copyright © 2012 All Rights Reserved

WARNING: UNEDITED.

Awesome cover on the side done by Fudge Land. Um, I can't seem to find you because I don't know your WP username (was sent on FB). Kindly send me a message so that I could dedicate it to you. :-)

Chapter Thirty Eight

Bryson's Point of View

I didn't know whether to laugh, or strangle at my spiritual self in the neck for talking bullshit.

           What was he smoking? Me? Not an ordinary Alerian, and meant to save Reagan?

          That's just... impossible!

          You couldn't just sprung that on someone like it's the most casual thing in the world. We were not in England drinking tea with the Queen of England in a freaking afternoon!

      “What do mean I am meant to save Reagan?” I asked through gritted teeth. “Please do enlighten me, or...”

           This prophecy was doing my head in.

         He narrowed his eyes to thin slits. I kept on forgetting he doesn't respond well to threats, but what the fuck did I care? This circumstance was making me gibberish in the head right now.

       “Or what?” he responded deathly calm.”Remember, Bryson I don't appreciate being threatened, or  need I remind you I could break your bones with a simple flick of my finger.”

          “Just tell me, dammit!” I hissed at him. “We are wasting time alone with this testosterone filled conversation.”

           He took deep breaths, obviously trying to calm himself down. I could see the restraint he was holding in, judging from his tense posture. With one last inhale and exhale, he visibly relaxed, and spoke.

            And I didn't expect there was much more to this saving thing. Jeez.

        “After Sephrina cast the prophecy centuries ago,”he started.”The Alerians was lifted from the Pure blood bondage, and was free to roam around... to make something for themselves. But that wasn't the case. They were free alright, but due to them being able to do whatever they want, they cost a lot of trouble here, and there. With that, a system was form where powerful Alerians, male or female, battle it out for the position. An outcome where they would answer to when they do something wrong. It was the birth of The Pillars.”

          I already knew that, but  what did the Alerian system have to do with me saving Reagan?

        “I know all about that,” I told him with an eye roll. As if I wasn't educated with how The Pillars came to be, or how to be one.“But what does that have to do with everything, oh smart one.”

          He sighed. “One of The Pillars was Nicolaus, a powerful Alerian, had a son named Xenon,” he said. Now that part of history I didn't know.

           I was confused. Nicolaus had a son? The Alerian historians, in no way didn't inform this to us during those lectures. Why were they excluding important things in our history, and more importantly, something that would prevent war was beyond me.

         “But Nicolaus didn't have a son...” I said, the gibberish in my head was getting worst.”Why... how...”

         He smiled sadly. “It's a sad fact that we are taught with false events, and leaving out parts of our history. They did that intentionally, all in the name of the Prophecy to come true. The historians were under strict orders from The Pillars, well the other four anyway, to leave out things that would impede the prophecy from happening.”

           I frowned. “You said other four, what about the fifth one?”

        He shrugged. “Nicolaus was against it, with the way his fellow comrades would taint something so significant. He was weary with all that has been happening around him, but said nothing. Though he was powerful, he never hated the Pure bloods. He had suffered the same faith as all the Alerians during the bondage, but it didn't make him bitter, like the rest of the Alerian race. He just wants peace, but his comrades didn't want that.”

       His voice took on a serious note when he went on. “He took it upon himself to make a precaution. With the help of his wife, Chrysanthe, they bonded their powers together, to brand a mark on Xenon's back. A mark of two swords crossing over together with the insignia of the Alerian race in the middle. It would make him unique, and serve as an identifier. He put faith in his son as the savior to all the Alerians, and of course to save Reagan from transforming into a vengeful Galerian.”

             My hand shot to my back, to my right shoulder blade to be specific.

            That intricate mark of two swords crossed over together with the insignia of the Alerian race in the middle.

             No.

              It couldn't be.

           The first time I saw it when I was nine years old, I freaked out like shit crazy. I thought about possibilities like there was something in the water, or someone playing a prank on me.

            But... it was real. I could see it imprinted on my skin, not the fake ones you could tell right off the bat. I was nine, a minor, and impossible for me to get one on some drunken episode. I showed it to my dad, but he had no idea what it was or what it meant.

              ... it just couldn't be, could it?

            As if sensing my turmoil, he answered the doubts that had been running through my mind like wildfire, as though I was punched in the gut. “You are Xenon's rebirth.”

               I am Xenon's what??!!

           I was breathing erratically, not believing all this crap. Why would the fates grant me this... this... doom? I wouldn't call this doom, but who wouldn't? I know I hadn't been the most appealing person in the world for most of my eighteen years of living, and breathing in this world, but come on! It was like serving my own death warrant for the love of anything that was holy!

        “Xenon's soul will reincarnate to a new body when a new direct descendant of Sephrina is born,” he continued on, ignoring my panic attack.”It was part of the precaution - being reincarnated. The tattoo was a form of identifier that you are different from any Alerian. Nicolaus made that precaution to prevent the prophecy from happening. Since you are now eighteen, you will have flashbacks from your past life, especially Xenon's.”

         “Wait, wait, wait,” I said, shaking my head though I was still having a mini heart attack from all this information overload. I was trying to grasp all of this as calm as possible, but holy hell! This information was just big, like ginormous.”You mean to say I am--” I wasn't able to continue on. My head was all of a sudden in excruciating pain, as images of my past life showed itself in my mind.

        “It's starting...”my spiritual self murmured. “It's okay, Bryson. It's just the memories rushing to you as  it was supposed to be when you are reincarnated.”

         I was now on my knees, my hands clutching my head from the pain. It was so intense as the images seemed to imprint in my brain to make me remember, like it was supposed to be that way. Each life fed my brain, one by one like it was jamming it all in one book.

         All of the memories of my past lives were all coming in a rush, much faster than the speed of light.

          One memory stood out from the rest, the one where Nicolaus had a talk with his son, Xenon.

          “Papa,” a ten year old Xenon walked over to his father desk. “You wanted to see me?”

        Nicolaus look up from his scroll he was reading, and smiled. “Yes, come here my son,” he put down his scroll on his desk, and gestured for his son to sit on his lap.

        Smiling, he did what his father asked of him, and went around his desk to sit on his lap. “What is it, father that you want to talk to me about?” he asked, curiosity written on his face.

       He smiled, but this time, it was weary. He didn't want to put his son in this kind of predicament, where he put a responsibility as big such as this on him. But... he didn't have any choice of the matter.

       It needed to be done.

       For the future of his race.

      “I just want you to say that I love you, and to always remember what you stand for,” he told his son.

       Xenon nodded. He knew what he had to do, and he didn't want to let his father down. He knew he was only a child, but being brought up in a circle of politics, and power, he grew up fast. The only difference was that he didn't became pompous because of that privilege like the rest of the arrogant children of the other Pillars. Like his father, he only wanted peace.

       “Yes, father,” he told him, as he reached for the mark on his back. “It is for the future of our race.”

         Nicolaus smiled proudly at him. “Very good.”

         All too soon, it was over.

         The pain had subsided.

    “Does...” I gasped out, trying to regain my strength from the mind shattering episode. “...this...happen...every time?”I tried standing up, but I fell flat on my butt. My legs seemed to be like jello right now.

      He nodded, and sat beside me. Oh how considerate my spiritual self was right now.“Yeah, anytime when you turn eighteen. You will still be able to remember you current memories even through rebirth.”

          I sighed. “Great.”

          “Oh, shut up. It's--”he stood up all of a sudden, and growled. “Get up, Bryson.”

        I frowned. Now what?! First, he was being considerate, now he was getting riled up for no reason. Moody much?

           “What for?”I asked.

        He snapped his head down, glaring at me. “I said get up. Marcus is trying to alter your mind again.”

           Oh, jeez. Not again.

           I stood up with shaky legs, and he grabbed my arm for support.”Listen to me, Bryson and you listen well,” he began seriously, making me face him. “The moment you wake up, you will regain your memory back, but there will be a change in your aura. You will be stronger, your muscle mass will increase, and the color of your eyes will change. They will be emerald green with swirls of amber in it. Do not hesitate, and I mean do not hesitate to use your newly acquired power against them to escape.”

          He smiled as he continued on. “Don't worry, I'll be with you always. All you need to do send me a message in your head.”

          He chuckled. “I'll try not to miss you too much.”

         All of a sudden, everything was turning hazy all around me, including my spiritual self. “What's going on?” I started to panic once again. “What's happening?”

          He smiled.”You are about to wake up, and by the way...”

          “What?” I asked, trying to grasp the remaining blurry image I have on my spiritual self.

        “The color of your eyes is a combination of Nicolaus, and Chrysanthe's.” he said before he completely disappeared.

         With that, every thing went black, and then, I was brought back to the land of living the moment my eyes opened.

            Here we go.

           “Oh god, Bryson are you okay?” Ciara's concerned face was the first thing in my line of vision. I blinked a couple times, and I felt she was caressing my face so tenderly that I wanted to slap it away. Guess what, I did just that.

            Harsh? Yeah, I know. I couldn't care less.

         “Don't touch me,”I hissed at her, and shifted my murderous glare to the person right next to her.

            Marcus. The mother effing pure blood.

         “Tell me one good reason,” I slowly sat up from the bed I was lying on. “why I shouldn't flung you against the wall, and choke you to death, Ciara.”

        From the look of concern, her features was now the epitome of a girl who had been busted. “You got your memories back... how...what? That's impossible!” she shrieked at the last part.

          Damn, she got some powerful lungs right there.

          I smirked. “Oh, but it is.”

         Let's just say I did a little demonstration with my newly acquired powers. Sorry, spiritual me. I guess I didn't heed to what you said about trying to escape from my pyscho ex-girlfriend and a power hungry pure blood.

           Insert evil snicker.

* * *

Currently listening to Wide Awake by Katy Perry :-)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 98 44
"So what did you think of the assignment?" He persisted in getting an answer but Bailey had another conversation already in mind. "I noticed you loo...
360 9 21
It often occurs to mind the question '' what is love ? " . The question has multiples of answers by experience or by understanding and this story is...
3.6K 190 117
(I don't own any characters from Supernatural, or the characters from Teen Wolf.) So, this all starts with one case that Dean went on alone. It was a...
1.8K 30 22
A 15 year old girl faces the extremes starting from a young age... Abuse, mentally..physically..emotionally.. hatred, depression, suicidal thoughts...