My Brother's Best Friend

By Imaginationzx

#2 In Romance |May 1,2019| #1 In Teen Fiction |May 18,2019| ONLY AND ORIGINAL BOOK!!!! "What are we going to... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
AUTHOR'S NOTE/GOODBYE
Epilogue
SEQUEL

Chapter 46

154K 3.1K 3.3K
By Imaginationzx

Marissa, Jax and I were all enjoying the last couple of minutes we had until our lunch would come to an end.

I filled them in on what happened last night with Hunter and my dad and I warned Jax to stay clear of Hunter today. There wasn't anything he could do seeing as they had a game tonight.

"He's not going to try anything tonight it's the first game of the season." Jax assures. "Why would he mess it up to get one okay swing at me?"

Marissa rolls her eyes. "It's his sister, dumbass. He'll jeopardize the game if it means knocking sense into you to stay away from Emma."

"Guys," I sigh. "I don't know, maybe you shouldn't play tonight."

"What?" Jax looks at me. "No offense but your brother along with anyone else isn't going to stop me from playing tonight. You'd have to cut my legs off."

"You can't live in fear of what your brother thinks." Marissa tells me. 

"I'm not in fear," I shrug. "I'm more upset that he would really mess up his friendship with Jax and our relationship just because Jax and I are together."

"At least now I can do this." Jax leans into me and grabs my face, pressing his lips against mine. I move my lips with his, letting our tongues dance around before pulling away.

"Get a room." Marissa scrunches up her nose.

"Oh, hush." I grin. "Acting like you're not like this with Nick."

She giggles, clapping her hands together and smiles widely at us. "Our anniversary is on Friday." 

"How long have you guys been together? Two years is it?" Jax wonders.

"About to make three." She puts three fingers up.

"That's so cute," I pout and look at Jax with my puppy dog eyes. He smiles and wraps his arm around my waist. "What are you guys going to do?"

"He wants to take me out to dinner but I want
to do something different." She leans on her hand, squishing one side of her face. "We went out for dinner last year and the year before."

"Well," Jax says. "Emma and I have a date on Friday. Maybe we can double date?"

"Jax." I smack his chest.

"What?" He rubs on his chest. "What was that for?"

"It's their anniversary, dummy. We can't double date."

"Why not?"

"Because we can't."

"Actually," Marissa sits up. "Maybe we can. Nick and I always do the same thing. This time we can switch things up. I'm sure he won't mind."

"I don't know," I shake my head. "It's a special day for you guys. I don't want to interfere."

"You're not," She shakes my head. "I'm telling you I want you guys to come along. I'll let Nick know and we'll all do something fun."

The sound of the bell made everyone in the lunchroom gather up their things and start heading to the next class.

"I'll see you at the game." Marissa waves us goodbye.

"Bye!" I say loud enough for her to hear me as she walks away.

As Jax and I walked along side each other, he wraps her arm around my neck and kisses my cheek.

"You look beautiful today." He whispers in my ear.

He sends chills down my back making me snuggle into his chest as we walked to class.

"I don't look beautiful everyday?" I joke.

"You look beautiful every fucking day." He says, this time louder so people around us could hear.

"Jax," I hide my face in his chest.

He kisses me once more on the forehead before we enter our Spanish class and take a seat.

The entire period we spent our time reviewing for our test next week and went over any vocabulary we had trouble with. Jax kept sneaking glances at me while I pretended to do my work. Every now and then we'd chit chat when Mr. Brown had his back turned.

At the end of class we went out separate ways and I made my way through the halls to get to my next class. I sat in math pretending I knew what I was doing the entire period.

As my day came to an end, I walked out of school and walked to Jax's car to see him leaning against the driver side door.

"He's not coming, is he?" I asked.

He presses his lips together and shakes his head. "He's been avoiding me all day." 

Biting on my lips, I get in the car and buckle my seatbelt as Jax does the same. We agreed on going to his house and I let my dad know I wouldn't be home for dinner.

"You know, you should let me drive your car." I say as we pull into his driveway.

Jax let's out a roaring laugh as he throws his head back. "Not even when I die, baby."

My heart warmed up at the sound of him calling me baby and I looked at him with sad eyes and pouted my lips.

"Nope, don't give me that face." He shakes his head. "Not gonna happen."

"Jax," I whine. "I gotta learn some day."

"Well, not today and not in my car."

Groaning, we get out of the car and go into his house. I'm immediately welcomed by the smell of food and the warmth the house brings from the heater.

"Hey, Cathy." I give her a hug.

"Oh, honey, how are you?" She smiles.

"I'm okay, you?"

"Same old, you know how it is." She grabs four plates and sets them on the counter.

"You're staying for dinner, right?" She looks at me.

"Yes, I am." I nod.

"So," She glances over at me. "I heard the news."

"What news?" I look between Jax and his mom as she smiles at him and he turns away.

"Jax told me last night about you two."

"Oh," I feel my cheeks burn hot. "That news."

"I'm glad he finally got the balls to ask you out." She grins.

"Mom." He says in a serious tone.

"What? I can't be happy for my son who's all grown up?" She winks at me.

She hands Jax two plates and he goes to place them in the dining room. I help Cathy out and we take all the utensils and the rest of the plates to the dining room.

"Amanda, dinner is ready!" Cathy yells. 

Minutes later Amanda comes rushing in to the dining room and hugs me before sitting down across from me.

"So," Cathy clears her throat. "I know with Emma here it's a little personal to talk about this but I hope you don't mind, Emma." 

"No, please don't let me stop you." I shake my head as I grab the spoon off the table. "It's like I'm not even here."

"It's about your dad." She looks at Jax and Amanda.

Amanda continues to eat her dinner like the mention of her father doesn't affect her, while Jax stabs at his food. His shoulders tense up and he glares at his plate.

"Uhm, he called and said Monica is having a baby."

"What?" Amanda stops eating and looks up.

"I know," He says. "I thought you were going to say something else. I took Emma to see him with me last week. You haven't really been home and I didn't get the chance to tell you about it."

"Oh, well," She looks at me and back at Jax. "How do you feel about that?"

"He's having another kid?" Amanda says in a low voice.

No one payed attention to her and Cathy kept listening as Jax talked. I looked at Amanda's face and noticed how it completely changed. Her eyes were filled with tears as she looked between her mom and Jax.

"I don't know," he shrugs. "I was angry at the fact that he's having a kid and he'll do the same he did to us to them."

"You were angry?" Cathy asks. "You're not anymore?"

"I'm not going to blame myself anymore for him leaving. He made his decision on his own. I told him he isn't coming anywhere near us."

"Mom!" Amanda slams her fists on the table. Everyone's attention goes to her and Cathy brings her hand to her mouth. "He-He's having another kid?"

"Yes," Cathy nods. "He is."

"It's okay, Amanda." Jax grabs a hold of her hand. "Trust me, we're better off without that man."

"Don't you wonder what's going to happen to that kid?" Amanda looks at him. "He or she is going to be our half sibling."

"I know, but there isn't anything we can do. Monica's the mom it's her choice whatever she decides to do."

"I don't have to go over there anymore?" She asks.

Jax shakes his head. "No, not anymore. I promise."

"I hate him."

"Me too." Jax says.

"Me three." Cathy scoffs.

Conversation carried along and Cathy apologized to Jax numerous times for not being able to go to his game tonight. Amanda made it clear she didn't want to spend her night at a boring game with sweaty guys.

After we finished eating Jax and I said our goodbyes to his mom and Amanda. We drove back to school and I followed the crowd into the noisy gym and Jax went to the locker room to get changed.

I had found Marissa and Nick in the middle of the bleachers with a saved seat next to Marissa. We all talked amongst ourselves as we waited for the game to begin. The cheer team were all in their uniforms stretching in the corner while the other teams cheerleaders did the same.

After a while of waiting, the game had started and the gym was filled with screaming and the sound of feet pounding against the gym floor. Jax was on the side line waiting to be put in while Hunter was out playing.

He hadn't noticed me yet since he stepped foot into the gym nor had he talked to Jax. I was hoping this was just another problem that came their way and they'd fix it like always. Some how, I knew this was different.

Nearly half way into the game we were wining by ten points. It was clear the other team wasn't exactly all that good.

"Is Jax going to play this game?" Nick looked over Marissa to ask me.

I shrug. "I don't know. Maybe in the other half, he was supposed to play."

"You don't think it has anything to do with Hunter, do you?" Marissa questioned.

"I hope not."

The thought of Hunter jeopardizing tonight's game to get back at Jax made me feel uneasy. I couldn't help but wonder if he talked to the coach to let Jax sit this one out. It wouldn't be fair to anyone if that's what he did.

"Jax!" I call out. With all the yelling voices shouting above mine it would be hard to get him to hear me. "Jax!"

His head started moving in all directions looking to see where his name was being called from. I was waving my arms in the air like a mad man trying to get him to notice me.

"Jax! Over here!" I waved. His eyes finally landed on me and he smiled widely, waving back.

Are you playing? I mouthed to him.

He shrugged putting his arms out in confusion. He waved me over to him and I excused myself from Marissa and Nick. Making my way through the swarm of people, I walked down the stairs of the bleachers and stood behind the white line that separated the guys playing and me.

"Why are you not playing?" I asked as we stood besides each other. We kept our attention to the game and watched as the other team almost made a basket.

"Coach made me sit this one out." Jax said. "I don't know why."

"I think Hunter might have told him something."

"What?" He looks at me. "Why? He knows how important this season is."

"Yeah, well he'll do anything to get back at you for going behind his back with me." I tell him.

"You think I should talk to him after the game?" He asks me.

"Yeah," I nod. "Just be careful. He's angry right now and he's going to act on his anger. Don't say anything that's going to set him off anymore."

"We aren't doing anything wrong." Jax tells me.

"I know," I sigh. "It's Hunter, though. I know he's doing this because he thinks he's protecting me but it's making things worse for everyone."

"How did your dad react when you told him?"

I grin. "Better than expected. He approves."

"Good." He smirks. "What about the Joyce situation?"

"It's handled." I say. We listen as the coach blows his whistle signaling the end of the first half and I give Jax a quick kiss before going back to my seat and letting him and his team discuss things.

"Everything okay?" Marissa asks me once I'm seated.

"Yeah, all good." I assure her.

I could see Jax talking to the coach while Hunter side eyes them from where he was sitting, sweat dripping from all over his face and chest. Coach pats Jax on the back and he shoots me a thumbs up along with a wink.

"He's playing." I squeal in excitement.

After waiting some time, the second half begun and Jax ran into the center of the gym with the rest of the players.

"Yeah, Jax!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. The game proceeded with our team wining as The Lions were close behind now.

"Come on, baby!" I screamed louder. "Number twenty-two, woah!"

Hunter's eyes glanced the audience as he was running around and his eyes landed right on me. He shook his head in disapproval and continued to play.

Mid way through the game I had gotten distracted on my phone and got tired of watching them run around. It wasn't until the screams in the gym got louder and Marissa yelled out for me to look up that I noticed two bodies rolling around the gym floor.

My eyes popped opened at the sight of the all too familiar bodies on each other. Punches flew in all directions as I made my way through the screaming crowd to get to the bottom.

"Hunter!" I yelled.

Multiple guys tried separating Jax and Hunter from each other as I ran to them.

"Get off of him!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

992K 25K 61
In an instant his lips were on mine, and without even knowing how, I felt myself succumbing to him. I pulled away quickly, but both of his hands went...
12.2M 63.6K 10
Love comes in all shapes and forms, but Kelly Young had no idea it'd come in the form of her most hated teacher, Mr. Todd. •A Student x Teacher Roman...
12.6M 439K 61
The spark between Faye and her best friend's hot older brother, Miles, threatens to upend everything in her normal, stable life. ...
254K 6.6K 29
"This is so wrong ..." Emma breathed out against his lips when he pinned her up against the wall. "Is it?" Alexander echoed, slipping his hands under...