The Alpha's Mute [BXB]

By nojamsbts

Quiet, Shy and mute, Niklaus Wade harbors a past that haunts him and leaves him unable to speak. Violent, Re... More

01 | chapter one
02 | chapter two
03 | chapter three
04 | chapter four
05 | chapter five
06 | chapter six
07 | chapter seven
08 | chapter eight
09 | chapter nine
10 | chapter ten
11 | chapter eleven
12 | chapter twelve
13 | chapter thirteen
14 | chapter fourteen
15 | chapter fifteen
16 | chapter sixteen
17 | chapter seventeen
18 | chapter eighteen
19 | chapter nineteen
20 | chapter twenty
21 | chapter twenty-one
22 | chapter twenty-two
23 | chapter twenty-three
24 | chapter twenty-four
25 | chapter twenty-five
26 | chapter twenty-six
28 | chapter twenty-eight
29 | chapter twenty-nine
30 | chapter thirty
31 | chapter thirty-one
32 | chapter thirty-two
33 | chapter thirty-three
34 | chapter thirty-four
35 | chapter thirty-five
36 | chapter thirty-six
37 | chapter thirty-seven
38 | chapter thirty-eight
39 | chapter thrity-nine
40 | chapter forty
41 | chapter forty-one

27 | chapter twenty-seven

132K 4.6K 2.5K
By nojamsbts

Niklaus Wade

              One. I'm shook that he's here right now in front of me. The last time I saw Nash, he told me he was going for a run out in the forest even though Elijah told us specifically to avoid roaming the forest. He was in a slightly bad mood but when I asked him about it, he remained quiet and that's when I knew I had to give him space because I knew very well that his silence was better them an outburst that would potentially hurt my feelings.

Knowing that, I let him be and told him I'd be at the mall with Hazel. He turned around, prepared to leave but he turned back and came up to me and with reverence, he pressed his lips firmly onto my forehead and I hear his deep intake of breath. A smile danced across my lips, happy that despite his bad mood he still couldn't resist displaying his affection for me. I thought our parting ended on a good note.

Two. The look on his face scares me but at the same time it makes me more confused than anything. I mean he appears out of nowhere and suddenly comes here out of the blue as if he sensed that this was going to happen but we haven't completed the mating process so there was no way that that was possible by any means at all.

His nose flares, his eyes deep black with only malice as he burns direct holes into Aaron who trembles in his spot. His head is ducked, fear laced in his expression. He's human so the way Nash was intimidating him made him shrink as if he was nothing but a scum that wasn't worthy to even be in his presence.

Nash clenched his fist tightly and I saw the debate battling and swirling within him on whether or not to beat his face in. He decided on it as he approached with his teeth bared in retaliation to the minor exchange between Aaron and I.

That's when I moved into action as I became heavily irritated. I grip onto Nash's arms as tight as I can even thought I'm way weaker in comparison to him. Nash doesn't stop moving until I forcefully grip his chin and force him the best I can to look down at me. I scratch him a bit on accident and I feel bad about it inside but Nash doesn't flinch at all as his dark eyes stare down at me, urging for me to release him but I glare at him.

He wanted me to back down, to submit to him and although I felt like I'd always submit to him in bed, I'd never back down when it came to how I felt. He has Alpha blood running through him so it's in his genetics to be dominant, authoritative and stern in his ways especially mixed with his past but I wouldn't allow him to use that to make me bend to his every whim.

He's never tried to control me before and even now he wasn't but I'm going to set a precedent today that I'm not the one. This courage that ran through me came so suddenly but it was paired with Nate who didn't like the way Nash's Wolf, Gage, was staring us down with a look that told us we needed to submit because he was Alpha. Of course his Wolf was going to be like that and I knew that but that didn't stop me from what I did next.

"Stop, he didn't do anything wrong," I mouth to him with narrowed eyes.

Nash stops his advance completely and entirely and his attention, his anger is directed at me instead as he steps back. My arms fall off his body and I look at him as he arches a single perfectly trimmed brow.

"He asked for your number, you know what he wanted," Nash bites back.

We're causing a scene in the Urban Outfitters we stand in. Customers begin to peer over with curiosity, most of the people humans which meant if Nash lost his cool and shifted it would be a complete mess. I knew that, I knew it well and yet I still managed to ignore the fact that people were in here and looking at the display.

I still ignored the fact that Nash had an uncontrollable temper and I still refused to back down because Nash was being so unreasonable right now. He asked for my number in a romantic way at first but then he just wanted to be friends, that's all. He was trying to be nice and although it was sketchy, there's no harm in potentially making a new friend. I've spent too much of my life being skeptical of people and turning my head away towards people that I haven't been able to make many friends at all.

It was due to my socially awkward nature but he approached me, he wanted to be friends with me, he was being kind and nice to me. Why push away someone away who's trying to reach out to me out of the kindness of their heart? What ill intention is there in that?

What also sent me furious is the fact that Nash probably didn't even hear the exchange that went on. He most likely saw me hand him phone and automatically assumed that I was giving him my phone for romantic reasons when that was not it at all. The only person I'd ever have feelings for is Nash and it would only ever be Nash. My thoughts filled with him and him only but right now I didn't want it to be filled with him because he was being dumb.

"He wanted to be my friend! He didn't want anything else from me," I argue back.

"That's bullshit, Nik and you know it," he scoffs, running a hand through his hair.

"So you're telling me that it's impossible for someone to actually maybe want to be friends with me? Is that it? It's so crazy that a guy would just want to be friends without romantic interest?" I angrily tap my feet against the floor as I glare up at him furiously.

"Nik—" he cuts himself off and runs a livid hand down his face, "you know the answer to that. You know damn well his fucking intentions or are you pretending he doesn't have hidden motives and want to be a little slut."

As soon as he said it, I could see his eyes immediately turn back to their green ones and the only emotion swirling in there was regret. Automatic, undoubtable regret in the rawest form that there was. My bottom lip trembles, my eyes stinging and burning with the need to cry. My eyes are wet but I refused to let the tears escape.

I shake my head slowly, refusing to acknowledge his words because they pierced my heart. In any other scenario, like in bed, the degrading term was hot but hearing him say it with the force he said it with and with the serious tone he said it in, it hurt. It hurt so damn bad, more than I ever thought it would to be called a slut but it wasn't even the word that sliced into my heart.

It was the fact that the person that I'm coming to love said it with the full intention to hurt me even if out of anger. It was the malice and scalding intent that made my eyes burn, my legs taking slow steps back because I couldn't even bring myself to look at him anymore.

"Nik, you know I didn't mean that," he sighs.

He moves forward, reaching for me but I refuse to let him touch me just as I refuse to let my tears fall especially in front of all these people who aren't even peering over occasionally to look. They're straight out looking at these events which makes this that much more embarrassing but I could care less about that right now. What I care more about is Nash.

"I fucked up, I'm sorry. I never meant to say that, I was pissed off and I couldn't keep it in."

"I know," I mouth, "but right now I hate you so much."

That's the last thing I see, the last thing my eyes see is Nash's face as it drops immediately. Turning, I storm out of the store with hot tears falling down my face. I wipe at my face, desperately trying to stop the tears but it seems like it's endless.

"Niklaus!" I hear Nash's voice call me from behind.

I stop moving. There was a need to turn around and run into his arms like that stereotypical stuff that only happens in books and movies but I couldn't allow myself to do that. I couldn't allow myself to run into his warm arms that made me weak beyond belief, I couldn't allow myself to melt into his hold and drift away as he carelessly whispers sweet nothings into my ear.

I wanted that so bad but I couldn't have that because I didn't want it to be set in stone that I was weak and would always come crawling back after he's said something hurtful to me. I was more than just that side chick that came back for a quick fool around.

After moments of thought, I turn around to face him. I see the desperation in his eyes but all that does is make my tears even harder to control.

"Give me space," I mouth.

I'm far from where he stands on the outside of Urban Outfitters so I'm not sure if he's able to read my lips well but I can tell he's able to by the sagging of his shoulders but also because he's an Alpha Wolf so his eyes are better than most.

Without waiting for a response, I quicken my steps and continue to walk. I continuously cry but only for about eight minutes while I walk around the mall. The last of my tears were cried when I walked by a perfume department store but that was because the smells were far too pungent for me to handle.

There are tear streaks on my cheeks, my eyes puffy and red while my bottom lips are bruised slightly because I kept chewing on them. People glance at me as they walk, from families to teenagers I hear whispers but their words don't reach my ears. The sound of hustle and bustle go all around me as well as laughter in the far distance and it all makes my heart clench until I can no longer bare to be in here anymore.

So my feet drag me around until I reach the steel silver elevator where I press a button and wait for it to open. It takes a while but I'm not really in a rush. It slides open and I step to the side, wrapping my hands around myself as I wait for the people inside to walk out. Afterwards, I go inside and press the top floor which was the roof and I release a breath once the door closes and no one comes in with me. The jingle inside doesn't appeal to me, it only makes my foot begin to unconsciously tap against the floor.

Soon after, the doors slide open with a ding and I walk out into the warm air outside. There's no one in sight meaning I'm alone, the only thing I wanted to be right now. I walk further out onto the roof until I'm at the edge, my hands clutching the glass that surrounds that perimeter of the roof for security so that no one falls. Wind brushes past me, tickling the hair on my arms as goosebumps arise.

My eyes take in the view outside and I see the differing colors of blue and purple mixed in together creating a scenery I rarely ever see. The sun is setting, the reason for the production of all the colors. I didn't realize we had been at the mall for so long but apparently we have been, not like I was counting down the hours.

But I totally was.

Nash messed up as does everyone. Still uncalled for though.
~xoxo, Babybird.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

851K 28.6K 66
"Listen here." He said threateningly as he held my chin harshly, making me look directly into his glaring eyes. "I warn you... If you ever talk about...
125K 225 2
After losing his parents and being abused, Thomas is learning how to enjoy his life again - something he thought was impossible for him, but then he...
360K 18.3K 33
(Version to be removed from Wattpad; currently being rewritten). Subjected to a life of pain and misery from the moment of his birth; Kian is losing...
67.9K 1.7K 12
Rory has been trying to move past his feelings for his ex best friends for many years. He is over always been put second to nothing with them. When t...