a thousand instincts (#1)

Bởi writeraliciagonzalez

Life Lesson #1: If you are planning on going to a nightclub in the middle of sketchy, dark woods, don't. Li... Xem Thêm

Looks Good, Tastes Good (Part 1)
Looks Good, Tastes Good (Part 2)
Fake Hopsital (2)
Preparing for Impact (3)
Christmas Themed Pants (4)
Get Out (5)
Absolutely Flabbergasted (6)
Without Mercy (7)
Nothing But A Shadow (8)
Probably Candy Crush (9)
Fish Eggs (10)
Ocean Eyes (11)
A Cliche Porno (12)
Shadows Of The Night (13)
The Male Apendage (14)
Maybe Even Polish (15)
Temple of Godhead (16)
Memory Problems (17)
Humans Suck (18)
Some God (19)
Go On (20)
A Monster (22)
Accept the Challenge (23)
A Bitter Taste (24)
Silly Girl (25)
Your Rules (26)
The Tears (27)
A Viceroy (28)
Boner Killer (29)
Beautiful and Deadly (30)
The Best Policy (31)
Two Weeks (32)
Just My Luck (33)
A Familiar Face (34)
Find Clarity (35)
Godhead's Milk (36)
Skill of Recreation (37)
Instructed to Terminate (38)
Eternity Ended (39)
Pain and Desire (40)
Serve Justice (41)
No Other Tricks (42)
Ready For Action (43)
We Were Real (44)
Sahara Desert (45)
Lying Bastard (46)
Crown is Falling (47)
Dressed To Kill (48)
Euphoric State (49)
Sex Monster (50)
Just Beginning (51)
To Have Control (52)
Mommy Issues (53)
The Right Spot (54)
What a Life (55)
The Story Goes On...
Other Stories of Mine
an everlasting caress
She is Fatal to Death

Big Bird (21)

60.5K 2.5K 299
Bởi writeraliciagonzalez

Aeress

      "Does werewolf culture include constant celebrations?" Aeress asked as Warrick zipped close her dress. His palms slid across her bare shoulders. The dress was off-the-shoulder, tight fitting about her breasts and flaring out at the hips. 

      "We take every opportunity to get drunk and have sex," he came from behind, teasing her ear just enough to cause her excitement. 

     She looked ahead at their embraced forms. "That is something I can get used to. Whenever it's allowed though, right?" 

     "Aeress," he replied in a warning voice. 

     She leaned her head back so that it rested against his chest. "I know, I know. Behave. I am behaving! But you're not making it any easier with your teasing, by the way."

     "Do you want me to stop, then?" 

     Aeress smiled and twisted so that age could encircle his neck loosely with her arms. "Are you nuts? Of course not!" 

     He looked into her eyes, allowing the silence to soak in. "This... celebration is important. Not only are you the mate of Premier, but you are also the potential Godhead. We never could have predicted this." He smirked. "You've ruffled our feathers, Aeress." 

     Aeress swallowed, but was amused at his attempt to sooth her fears. "Have I? I thought it was the other way around. And also, I assumed that werewolves have fur, but if you're telling me that you guys transform into big bird-" 

     He smashed his lips against hers to bring her rambling to a halt. "Aeress?" he framed either side of her face with his warm, calloused hands. 

     "Yes?" 

     "I'm gonna take care of you." 

     Aeress didn't know how he could sense her true anxiety, but it was obvious that he could. "I know. I'm just being a mess, like always." 

     Warrick let go of her and stepped back to assess her from head to toe. "I need to take care of something, stay here." 

     "Wait-" but he was already gone. "How is it that you can leave right in the middle of a conversation?" she shouted at the door. "Asshole." That last word was whispered. She was chicken. 

     She turned to study her reflection for a little bit, just listening to his footsteps as he got farther and farther away until she couldn't hear him anymore. "What's wrong with me? I've worn a dress more than three times in a span shorter than six months. Maybe I am insane? I guess me talking to myself isn't helping my case either."

     Aeress turned as the bedroom window made a squeaking noise. The night breeze must have blown the window inward. 

     She walked over to shut it, realizing that she must have forgot to shut it the night before when she was having a heart to heart with Godhead. "Can't let that AC out." She caught the window and closed it. 

     There was a quick and short knock on the door. 

     Aeress turned around and opened the door. Her eyes widened. "Mikya?!" She threw herself at him in an awkward embrace, but she didn't care, she was just glad to see a familiar face. 

     She pulled back and composed herself. "Sorry, I got a little excited there." 

     Mikya was obviously caught off guard by her warm welcome. He fixed his shirt like it was out of place, as he shook his head. "No need to apologize, Go-Aeress. It was an honor." 

     Aeress stepped out of the doorframe. "Come in, please." 

     He sent a shy smile and thanked her. When he walked inward, she liked that he was more relaxed. This time his hair was not slicked back, but simply combed neatly. "Premier said you would enjoy my company, that is why I came, unless you do not-" 

     Aeress closed the door behind him. "Of course I would! Why wouldn't I? Mikya, has no one ever called you a gem?" 

     She laughed as his ear and cheeks tinted a deep, obvious crimson. "No, Aeress. They haven't. You are far too kind." 

     Aeress walked over and waved her hand. "I just call it like I see it." She was very careful in sitting down on the couch, not wanting to wrinkle her dress. "How are you?" 

    He appeared confused. "Is there anything I can get for you? Perhaps a refreshment-" 

     Aeress frowned. "I think Warrick sent you to give company, not your services. And this is my room after all, I should be offering you water. If there is any?" She looked around. 

     Again, he was baffled. 

     "What?" 

     He shook his head. "It's just... You're not what I expected." His eyes widened as if he realized his mouth revealed more than he intended. He bowed his head. "Forgive me for my rudeness-"

     "I'm not exactly the Queen of England, am I?" Aeress chuckled at the idea. "I guess that's what everyone expects. I mean if I was in your shoes, I'd expect some stuck-up, my-shit-don't-stank bitch too." She shrugged. "But this," she gestured to her dress, "is a far cry from my studio apartment and pantry stocked with ramen noodles. In fact, while this is amazing, I kind of miss it." 

     He nodded. "This must be a transition indeed. You are a strong woman, if I may say so." 

     "I'm just an english major. But sure, you could say I'm the shit." They both laughed at how ridiculous she could be. 

     There was a comfortable silence which followed. They both just stayed where they were. "Mikya?" 

      "Yes, ma'am?" 

     "I'm glad you came. I needed a friend."

     His eyes brightened. "You honor me." 

     A thought popped into her head. "How is Nina?" 

     He didn't appear to recognize the name too easily. "She is well. I am not sure of her station at this moment, but I am fairly certain that she is being relocated here shortly." 

     Aeress perked up. "Are you serious? God, I hope so!" 

     She also thought of Shaya and wondered if she was okay. "Mikya? Is there a way you can get me a phone? I'd like to talk to someone." 

     He fidgeted where he stood. "Technology is very rarely found here, including telephones. I'm sorry, but I will go now to see-"

     Aeress threw up her hands. "No, please. I don't want to get you in trouble. I'll just find another way, it can't be that hard to get a message off this island, right?" 

     "Perhaps a letter?" 

     Aeress beamed at the resourceful man. "Of course, why didn't I think of that-" there was a polite knock on the door. 

     Mikya looked to her for permission. Aeress nodded and he went to open the door. One of the guards stationed at her door bowed his head. "Dinner is ready. Whenever you wish, we'd be honored to escort you to the celebration." 

     "Oh, well Warrick hasn't come back yet?" she looked uncertainly to Mikya. "We should wait, right?" 

     Mikya looked to the guard. "You can eat whenever you wish. This operation is according to your schedule, not the other way around." Around others, she could immediately tell that his confidence was amplified. She was so used to his anxious mien that this assertive man caught her off guard. 

     She thought about the men and women who were referred to as Guides. She wanted to talk to them, maybe even confront them for what they intentionally or unintentionally put her through. "No, we can go now." She stepped through the doorway. "Warrick can meet us there."  

     They were lead into the dining room. Aeress was not sure what to expect, but braced herself for the worst. 

     This room was as grand, as to be predicted in such a place. The brick was dark blue, glistening in a style she had yet to see ever before in her life. It was beautiful, nearly impossible to disengage from, yet her attention was diverted to the people seated at the enormous table centered perfectly in the room. She recognized each person from before. 

     Mikya was just slightly behind her as they stepped further into the room, causing her to feel alone as she confronted them. She looked at the two men and two women. The only remotely face was the woman with dark, glossy brown hair and a matching, tan reflexion. 

     They watched each other quietly. She noticed that they stay seated, something which bothered her. Perhaps it was time to make herself truly known. "The last time I saw you, you sent my mind into a delirious frenzy. I felt like I was dying. The least you can do is stand when I enter. Now." Every single one of them rose without question, satisfying the strange desire within her to receive submission. 

     "Now while I know it's polite to wait until everyone has arrived," Aeress smiled and nodded to Mikya, "I'm starved." She proceeded to have a seat. They didn't attempt to move until she looked up from her plate. 

     The warmest one spoke up. "It's an honor to dine with Premier's mate. We hope you enjoy what we have prepared for you." A dish was placed in front of her, and soon after they were produced with similar dishes. 

     "Thank you...?" 

    "Guide Amal." She bowed her head. Her smile was small, without showing any teeth. Simple without any illusions. 

     Aeress liked her. "It's nice to meet you, Guide Amal." She looked to the rest of the expectantly. 

     The man with extremely pale skin spoke up. "I am Guide Jamarious." 

     "I am Guide Alejandra."

     The red-head bowed his head. "Guide Declan."

     Aeress didn't understand the confidence she was suddenly filled with. "So you are supposed to be the Guides to Godhead?" 

     They looked at each other. "And to keep balance, among all the other responsibilities we are tasked with as leaders," Declan spoke up. His freckled-face was simple and handsome. 

     Aeress sat up, yet to touch her delicious looking dish. "I thought that was in the Premier's job description?" She took the knife and fork and proceeded to dig in. 

     They all looked confused. "We are here to serve Godhead in any way possible. The same in applied to Premier," Alejandra responded. She had less apprehension in her gaze and more suspicion. 

     Aeress didn't understand why she had the pressing need to challenge these people. She was not usually one considered confrontational. "Seems to me that if you aren't careful, you might step on each other's toes. To be perfectly clear, I like my mate's toes as they are now."

     Amal looked at her, analyzing every detail, yet Aeress did not flinch. "Perhaps you are right. You are a wise woman, I see that now. We will all keep that in mind." 

     Aeress took another bite off her fork. She smiled after being sure she swallowed thoroughly. "Do you think I am Godhead?" 

     All of them paled. "This may be an inappropriate subject for this sit down, ma'am," Jamarious interjected before any of them could get out a word. "It would be unwise to speak any of the sort with her before completion of the trials." 

     "That's if I complete them, right?" Aeress sipped the wine. "Because I could be an imposter, that's what you all think, yes?" She had one more bite and wiped her lips. She didn't know how she knew, but she did. "Don't think I don't know what is going on here. This is just another test, another place for you to watch me. I am not some lab rat, and you will not treat me like one. Do not think for second that because I am new that I am stupid." She came to a stand, pushing out her chair with a little more aggression than intended. "I think it best we not visit each other outside of the trials. Enjoy the steak." She stormed out without another word. 

     She was so determined to get away from them, that when she turned the corner, she had no way of stopping herself as she practically flew into the him. 

     "I thought I told you to wait for me?" he demanded, holding her in an intimate embrace, with her pliable body flush against his. 

     She held his biceps and became frazzled at the fact that they were just so damn toned. "What can I say? I'm an impatient woman."

     Warrick looked like he was contemplating whether to shake her or kiss her. "You've said nothing more true. What happened?" He rightened them. "Did they do something? Say something?" She shivered as his voice deepened and his eyes flashed with light.  

     "No. There's just been a change of plans. Can we just go somewhere, you and I? Please?" 

     While he looked ready to storm back into the dining hall, her begging had somehow gotten through his instincts. "Fine." He sighed and pulled her along. "You'll be the death of me, woman."

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

1M 34.6K 40
Book #1 in The Bonds of Fate Series "Excuse me sirs, but I think one of you dropped something." She spoke, her eyes not entirely fixed on them. Her...
142K 2.8K 22
"I am a werewolf." As those words slipped through my lips, my angel looks at me bewildered. "You're a-a- what?" I nod, "A werewolf. But not just any...
23.4M 637K 37
CAUTION CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT. "Say it, Allison," he said, his voice low as he trapped me against the rough wall. A shiver ran down my spine, his...
13.2M 363K 63
"Fuck, baby. You can't say things like that to me. I want to, also. Trust me." His hand snakes down my body until he enters two of his fingers into m...