š‚š‡š€š‘š‹šˆš„ šŒš€šŒšš€ | k...

By GOXDIE-

ā YOU KNOW EVERYBODY MAKES MISTAKES āž what's a girl gotta do to get noticed by the leader of the t-birds? put... More

š‚š‡š€š‘š‹šˆš„ šŒš€šŒšš€
šŸ| š‚š‡š€š‘š‹šˆš„
šŸ| šŒš€šŒšš€
šŸ‘| š’š”šŒšŒš„š‘ š‹šŽš•šˆš'
šŸ’| š’š‚šŽš‘ššˆšŽšš’
šŸ“| š’š‹š„š„ššŽš•š„š‘
šŸ”| šŽš”š‘ š†šˆš‘š‹š’
šŸ•| šš€š’š“š„š‹
šŸ–| šŽšš„ šŒšˆš’š’šˆš’š’šˆšššˆ
šŸ— | š†š‘š„š€š’š„šƒ š‹šˆš†š‡š“ššˆš'
šŸšŸŽ | šš‘šŽššŽš’š€š‹
šŸšŸ | šˆ šŠššŽš– š“š‡š€š“ š˜šŽš” šŠššŽš– š“š‡š€š“ šˆ šŠššŽš–
šŸšŸ | š‹š„šŽ
šŸšŸ‘ | š„š˜š„š’ šŽš š“š‡š„ š‘šŽš€šƒ
šŸšŸ’ | šƒšŽš'š“ šŒš€šŠš„ šŒš„ š‹š€š”š†š‡
šŸšŸ“ | šˆ'šŒ š’šŽš‘š‘š˜
šŸšŸ” | šŽšš„ šŒšŽš‘š„ šš‘šŽššŽš’š€š‹
šŸšŸ• | šš‹š€š“šˆšš”šŒ
šŸšŸ—| šˆ š‡š„š€š‘ š˜šŽš”'š‘š„ šŠššŽš‚šŠš„šƒ š”š
šŸšŸŽ| š˜š„š€š‘ šŽš… šŸšŸ—šŸ“šŸ—
š„ššˆš‹šŽš†š”š„
NEW BOOK

šŸšŸ–| šˆ'š‹š‹ š†š‹š€šƒš‹š˜ š“š€šŠš„ š˜šŽš” šš€š‚šŠ

14.1K 271 167
By GOXDIE-

"Thank you Frenchy," I said as we walked to school. She doesn't have a car, and Rizzo wouldn't give me a ride. Frenchy said that she wouldn't leave me so we decided to walk. It was her first day back and the night of the dance (A/N i accidentally typed Saturday, not Friday, two chapters ago so just pretend that i said Friday ;)).

To say I was nervous was an understatement. Kenickie won't be happy that I'll be with Leo, but then again, when did I ever care about Kenickie's opinion? Every damn day.

"Well Frenchy," I said turning to her as we came up to the school. "I would walk you in, but your blonde hair might blind everyone."

Oh yeah, after Frenchy accidentally dyed my hair, she decided to dye it blonde as well. Something about 'blondes having the most fun'.

"That's alright. Oh, that reminds me, I won't be able to take you home tonight," Frenchy looked at me apologetically. "I have to finish up some papers here."

"S'alright," I smiled at her. "I'll call Leo."

Frenchy gave me the side eye at this but I just laughed.

"Okay, well, I'll see you after school? Rizzo wants to talk during lunch and you might not want to come..." Frenchy mumbled. I knew she wasn't trying to hurt my feelings, but still, it hurt that Rizzo hates me. She does have every right, though.

"Yeah," I nodded. I left her side and walked into class with my bubblegum balloon growing.

The day went by quickly and soon I was in the garage with Sonny, Doody and Putzie.

"Alright, we got three days left to fix up Greased Lightnin'," Doody said to me.

"Why are you lookin' at me?" I asked. "I know nothin' 'bout cars," I lied. To be honest, I just didn't want to get my shirt dirty.

"I dunno," Doody shrugged.

"So don't get in Kenickie's way..." Putzie butted in.

"Kenickie's gonna be in there?" I asked, nervously. I haven't seen him since last night, but the thought of seeing him scares me.

"Yeah, it's his car," Sonny sassed.

"Shut up," I nudged him while dangling a cigarette in my mouth, trying to find my lighter.

I went over to the same crate I sat in last time I was in here, and silently smoked as I watched the boys go over plans on the desk nearby.

Kenickie walked in and made short eye contact with me. I felt bad when I saw the pain and heartbreak in his eyes. He just gave me a sad smile as he walked over to the boys. He stood over the plans and after thirty seconds, he started to walk towards the car.

"Alright boys, let's start workin'," Kenickie said, coming over to me. "Move over toots."

I looked at him with confusion, but I moved anyways. Kenickie swiped a wrench that was under my leg and grabbed a box and a rag form beside me. His arm grazed my exposed thigh and I felt electricity buzz throughout my body.

He laid down underneath the propped car and started working on it. I loved watching him work. He seemed so focused and completely at ease.

"Hey lower your head, Kenickie!" Doody said as he and carried a new bumper underneath Greased Lightnin'.

"What are ya doin'?" Kenickie mumbled into his cigarette as he blocked his head.

"Doody- C'mon Kenickie!" Sonny exclaimed as Kenickie jutted his arm up, not letting the boys through. "Give him a break!"

"Yeah, I'll give you a break alright," Kenickie shot back from his place on the ground.

"No, we're working the brakes later," Doody said quickly, always one for a quick joke.

"Move over, Slick," Sonny pushed Putzie playfully out of the way. Eventually, Sonny gave him room to squeeze in.

The boys rounded the car, to the front, where Doody and Sonny lined up the bumper and Doody started to put bolts in.

"Hey Fruitcake, you got it on backwards," Sonny sassed Doody. I smiled as I watched the boys bicker.

"Alright," Doody mumbled, annoyed.

"Yeah, what kinda car you swiped this from anyways?" Putzie asked, jokingly.

"Your mother's," Sonny and Doody said in unison. Putzie looked at Doody with a glare. Once the guys were in their own headspace, I decided to walk out to talk to Frenchy about getting ready for tonight.

"Ya seem great!" Frenchy smiled up to Danny when I walked out into the parking lot. A KZAZ TV station van was parked in the parking space closest to the gym.

"Really?" I heard Danny ask her. They were standing pretty close to the van. I rounded it to say hello.

"Yeah-" Frenchy reassured.

"Hey guys." I smiled at the two people here.

"Hey Mamba," Danny smiled at me as he wrapped me in a big hug.

"Oh," I choked as he squeezed my body. "I was not expecting this."

"I just haven't talked to you, s'all," Danny shrugged as he let go.

"Yeah, What's up with that?" I asked.

"Dealing with Sandy," Danny nodded.

In that moment, Kenickie came out of the garage the same time Rizzo came around the van with Marty.

"Riz," I heard Marty point out Kenickie to Rizzo. Kenickie stood tall and proud, smoking his cigarette. He blew out smoke, nodding a bit as if he were trying to tell her that he forgave her and wanted to take her to the dance.

Rizzo looked at Marty and just jutted her cigarette in the direction away from Kenickie. They both left without a word. Kenickie wiped his nose on his sleeve as he watched her go. I kind of felt bad.

Danny left my side to go console his friend, patting his back as he too watched Rizzo leave. Kenickie was caught by surprise, but relaxed when he realized who it was.

"You still gonna go to the dance?" Danny asked.

"Man," Kenickie breathed. "I'm gonna have the hottest date there."

"What say ya Mamba?" He asked me.

I rolled my eyes. Rizzo and Marty were still talking on the other side of the parking lot, probably about the dance by the state of anxiety Marty was in. In the corner of my eye and by the sound, I could hear Leo's car, Hell's Chariot I heard him once call it, come around the corner. He pulled up into the parking lot.

I said goodbye to Frenchy as I made my way to the car. I saw Rizzo with her hip jutted and trying to seduce Leo, but he was only looking at me, revving the engine as I ran up to him.

"Get in Peaches," Leo smirked at me though his sunglasses.

"Hey Leo, baby," I said loud enough for Kenickie to hear. I turned around as Leo and I drove out of the parking lot with his arm over my shoulder. Kenickie was standing there, being rejected by two girls.

"Can you drop my off at Hurst Street?" I asked politely. Leo just smirked at me with a cigarette dangling from his lips.

The ride was short other than the times that Leo tried to make a pass at me. I didn't mind it. I even flirted back a bit. If I want Kenickie really jealous, I need to start now.

Leo dropped me off with a, "Bye babe." He promised to pick me back up at eight. I went inside to change into tonight's gown.

I felt ready. Not really. But at least I didn't look like my usual trash look. French came home around five and helped me curl my hair. I did my own makeup and all was left was to slip on my shoes.

As I buckled my diamond-studded shoes, I heard a loud honk from outside. I finished up and stood up to walk out. Frenchy stood by the door, ready to hand me my clutch.

"Just be careful," Frenchy looked at me worriedly.

"Yeah," I smiled at her as I took my clutch and walked out to meet Leo. He was leaning on his car, smoking away from me.

"Hey," I squeaked. Leo turned around and took in my appearance with a flabbergasted expression.

"Wow," he breathed as his cigarette fell out of his mouth and he caught it. "Peaches, you look beautiful."

"That's probably the only compliment you'll ever give," I smiled at his nicety.

"Only for you," he winked. He was wearing a grey tailored suit with a pale yellow button up and a complementing handkerchief in his suit pocket.

"You don't look too bad yourself," I said, looking at his ensemble. He spread his arms like he was showcasing himself.

"Tonight's special," he said as he lead me to the car and let me take a seat.

"Why's that?" I asked as he closed the door.

"Because I'm here with you," he said calmly.

"Balmudo, are you blushing?" I giggled, hiding my smile with my clutch.

"Me? Blushing?" Leo scoffed, turning his head away as we drove down the street. "Never."

***

When we arrived, the gym was already crawling with hormonal teenagers. I saw Rizzo and Marty already there with Sonny.

"Hey Charlie," Sonny said to me. "You're lookin' good."

"Shut it LaTierri," I smirked as Leo wrapped his hand around my neck to guide me away. No way was I being hit on my Sonny. I grabbed his hand and pulled it further down so that he wasn't choking me.

Vince Fontaine was in the corner, looking at himself in the mirror when Danny and Sandy walked in. Frenchy and Doody followed. Jan and Putzie came later and I saw him hold up candy bars.

"Big circle everyone!" I heard one of the teachers call.

"C'mon," I grabbed Leo's hand and pulled him to the circle around the teacher.

"Come on boys and girls, we're going on the air very shortly." At this, almost everyone jumped for joy. Leo had his arms around my waist as I leaned into him. He squeezed my stomach.

"You ready?"

"Hell yeah," I smirked.

"You know how to dance?" He asked me.

"Waltz, Cha Cha, Swing and Mambo," I said back to him. He looked at me with pride.

"That's how you got your name?" Leo asked.

"No," I laughed. "I put a snake in that girls purse over there." I pointed at Patty Simcox and Leo chuckled.

"First! Let's have some warm-up numbers with Johnny Casino and the Gamblers!" The teacher smiled. He ran off the dance area as we all grabbed our partners to the dance floor.

Rock 'n Roll is Here to Stay started playing but Leo and I decided to sit this one out. Instead, we were just standing off to the side, talking. Leo had his arm rested against the wall on one side of my head, his face close to mine.

"Why do you call me Peaches?" I asked him.

"For one," he looked down at my waist area, "That ass of yours."

I blushed. "Leo!"

"Also you're sweet and peachy," Leo smirked at his pun. I rolled my eyes. The song ended pretty quickly and Magic Changes started playing, which was slower.

"May I?" Leo extended his hand out for mine and I took it.

"What's that playing on the radio? Why do I start swaying to and fro?" The performers sang.

Leo was a good waltzer and so was I but we settled for holding each other close and swaying out hips. We were basically hugging but I liked it. I was swaying my head too at one point that we were hugging each other, and I caught a glimpse of Kenickie with a girl, rubbing necks. I recognized her as Cha Cha form Leo's basic descriptions.

I must've had a look of rage and betrayal on my face since Leo turned around to see what made my mood change. As soon as he saw what I saw, he started to want to walk over there in rage. I pulled him back, grabbing his face to meet my eyes. I pulled his face close to mine, our lips practically touching.

He smirked down at me, knowing that Kenickie and Cha Cha were watching. We returned to swaying.

I saw Frenchy and Doody waltz awkwardly towards Kenickie, Cha Cha, Jan and Putzie. I grabbed Leo's hand.

"Don't fight," I deadpanned him.

"Alright Peaches," he smirked.

"Hey French," I greeted her. She turned and looked at Leo wide-eyed but returned my smile.

"Hey Jan, Doody, Putzie," I smiled at their nervous reactions. I looked Kenickie straight in the eye. "Hey Dickwad."

"A melody, come back to me, please," Danny's belting voice rang through our ears as he and Sandy waltzed over to us unknowingly.

"Hey Zuko!" Kenickie yelled at Danny. "Zuk!"

Danny took one look at Cha Cha and immediately started pacing like a cartoon character. Did he know her or something?

"I want you to meet Cha Cha Digregorio," Kenickie said, pointing at his date.

"How you doin' Zuko, baby?" She smirked over at him. Baby? I'm thinking they used to date or hookup.

"Alright," Danny breathed.

"Who is she?" Doody looked at her with more disgust than he did with Leo.

"They call me Cha Cha," she smiled proudly. "'Cause I'm the best dancer in Saint Bernadette's."

I made a face at her catchphrase. Frenchy saw my face and butted in with a, "With the worst reputation."

Cha Cha looked at Frenchy with daggers shooting from her eyes.

"You two look very festive," I pointed out Kenickie's fall tie and Cha Cha's ornament dress. "Fits the summer theme well."

"Yeah, well you look..." Kenickie trialed as he thought of an insult to say to me.

"She took my breath away too," Leo smirked at him. Kenickie looked at him with so much rage, I was surprised that he didn't burn up right there.

"C'mon Sandy," Danny pulled her away quickly. Tears on My Pillow started and we were all quick to form two lines. One with the boys and the other with the girls. We did a dance that moved the lines forward and the couple at the end would dance slowly until the end. By the pace of the song, Leo and I would go twice.

"Tears on my pillow, pain in my heart caused caused by you," the lyrics sang out. My eyes made contact with Kenickie.

Kenickie and Cha Cha went before Leo and I. The little smirk on his face and Cha Cha's side eye to me was enough to make me pissed off.

Leo and I went a little bit after them. We danced a little closer than the ruled intended us to. We smiled at each other with lust, mine being fake but I don't know about Leo's.

When we were to go around again, I realized that someone staggered the line and Kenickie and I would go. Before I could do anything about it, we were down the aisle already. I looked at him and he looked at me. We both weren't going to do anything since it would be in poor taste to just mess up the whole line.

"I guess an apology is in order?" Kenickie asked.

"Really?" I looked at him like he was crazy.

"Yeah."

"About what?"

"Being a dick. I'm so sorry Charles." Kenickie looked at me with pain and regret in his eyes. He's one of those guys who don't want to admit they're sorry. I get that, but I'm sure glad he apologized.

"I'll gladly take you back..." the song continued.

"All's forgiven, Kenick," I smiled at him. We were nearing the line. "Just don't pull something like that again."

"I swear I won't." Kenickie said. I looked at the front of the line and saw Cha Cha and Leo dancing, but Leo was looking at me. I just dipped my head down.

At the very end of the line, Kenickie grabbed me and pulled me close, planting a kiss on my lips. He pulled away.

"Sorry," he mumbled, walking back to the line. "I shouldn't have done that."

I grabbed his hand and pulled him back to me, kissing him back. I've waited so long to do this right. Boy was it right.

"Don't be," I smiled. "It was nice." By now, we weren't in the line anymore. We were off to the side, in each other's embrace.

"Dance with me?" Kenickie asked.

"What about your date?" I asked him, eyeing Cha Cha pressing against Leo. Kenickie just smirked.

"She can stagger," he laughed. I snorted at this, hitting him on the arm.

"Sh!" Vice Principal Blanche shushed the room. "The Rydell fight song!"

The cheesy fight song came on and Principal McGee and Coach Calhoun skipped down the line that the students made, to the stage. Everyone was cheering but some of us, including me, were booing. It's just fun to.

"When you are finished," McGee said.

"We're finished!" A kid said. I laughed at that.

"You will be happy to know that I am not judging the dance contest," she said. People cheered.

"Thank god!" I shouted and Kenickie tightened his arms around my waist at this. I saw Rizzo and Leo getting cozy to one another as this happened. If Kenickie saw, he didn't care. Cha Cha must be off to the side somewhere.

"I think we all owe a round of applause to Patty Simcox And Eugene Felsnic and committee, for their beautiful decorations," McGee contained.

"Let's hear it for the toilet paper!" Sonny yelled. I smiled over in his direction.

"In a few moments..."McGee said. Something about the entire nation watching, blah blah blah. She introduced Vine Fontaine, but he was too busy flirting with Marty to notice. When he did finally come out, he basically rode the students like a wave up to the stage.

He did a quick introduction, but Mrs. McGee was quick to introduce the rules. "Now for the rules."

"Fuck the rules!" A couple of kids yelled.

"Game rule number one," Calhoun said. "All couples must be boy-girl."

"Too bad Eugene!" Putzie yelled out, pushing the nerd.

"They're horrible!" I complained to Kenickie while resting my head on his shoulder. He just responded with a squeeze.

"Alright alright alright, c'mon," Calhoun chided. "Game rule two, during the contest, if you're tapped on the shoulder, you must leave the floor immediately, or else, I mean it."

"And rule three," McGee grabbed the microphone out of Calhoun's hands. "Anyone doing tasteless or vulgar movements will be disqualified."

"That leaves us out!" Rizzo laughed with Leo as he pretended to hump her. I rolled my eyes at this.

"Let's keep it clean please, let's keep it clean," Calhoun asked politely.

"Twenty seconds!" A stagehand ran up to Calhoun with a watch in his hands. He and McGee left the stage for Vince.

"Thank you fans and friends, outs and ins, gals and guys and a few words for the wise, you gins and sals are my best pals, and so to look your best for the big contest, just be yourself and have a ball that's what it's about after all. So forget about the camera, and think about your feet we'll give the folks at home a real big treat. Don't worry about the camera just keep on dancing that's showbiz. Hey if I tap your shoulder, move to the side and let the others finish the ride." Vince delivered perfectly.

"How does he breathe?" I asked Kenickie.

"Beats me," he mumbled.

"Ten seconds!" The stagehand ran up to Vince. He opened his mouth for someone to spray. Everyone started counting down as we all ran to the center. I smiled widely at Kenickie as we took our spots on the floor.

Hound Dog started playing. "You know this is my song!" I yelled over at Kenickie as we took our places in the dancing line. He grinned at me as I started to really feel the beat.

The first camera to show the students turned on and everyone rushed to it. I grabbed Kenickie's hand and rushed to the camera as well, desperate to get on TV. We were in front of Vince as he waited to get on the air. I waved at the camera, smiling brightly.

"Move it bitch!" I heard someone yell out to me.

"Wanna try that again?" I asked a really ugly looking girl with her date. She eyed me and huffed.

"Do you even know who I am?" Her date asked.

"Do you know who I am?" Kenickie shot back, pushing the couple out of the way.

"Aw thanks babe," I smiled at him and planted a big kiss on his lips. He growled under it, making my head spin.

"Now it's the event you've all been waiting for; the National Dance-Off!" Vince yelled into his microphone. He said some other things and finally, Born To Hand Jive started with Patty's paper mache ranger falling apart. I laughed at this as Kenickie pulled me to the dance floor.

Everyone was doing the Hand Jive but not Kenickie and I, we were doing our own little thing.

Vince came between us dancing and I pressed against him, trying to make him uncomfortable. But he was a pedophile anyways so it was no use.

"That guy and the chick in red over there? Throw 'em out," Kenickie said to Vince. I rolled my eyes at him as we continued to dance. I saw Rizzo go by and Kenickie was looking at her. I felt a pull at my waist and was face-to-face with Leo.

"You thought you'd get away easily?" he said.

"Leo!" I scrunched my nose at him.I broke from his grasp and went back to Kenickie who was about to charge at Leo.

Rizzo and Leo were dancing were suggestively and Leo was going crazy as he basically felt Rizzo up everywhere. Vince didn't like it so he tapped Leo on the shoulder. He flipped Vince off and Rizzo did a vulgar move as well.

As they were leaving though, Leo came up to me as I was dancing with Kenickie. "Meet me out back once he messes up."

"Hey man what do ya think you're doin'?" Kenickie yelled at Leo. Kenickie charged at Leo, punching him in the stomach and Leo retaliated with the same.

"Hey what's going on there?" The singer asked. "Break it up! C'mon break it up!" I rolled my eyes and grabbed Leo.

"Cut it out!" I yelled. I didn't see Cha Cha come up, but she took Kenickie away and Rizzo stormed out. I took Leo and looked back at Kenickie. He was dancing with Cha Cha. Yeah, 'never leave me again' my ass.

I stormed outside, pushing Leo out. As soon as we got out of the building, I walked off to the side, grabbing my smokes from my clutch and basically throwing it back down to the ground.

"Listen, I know I'm the last person you wanna hear from-" Leo started. Hurt and rage filled my veins and clouded my vision.

"You're right!" I yelled at him. "You're literally the last person that I want to hear from! God, leave me alone!"

Leo just stood there, staring at me. "He's a jerk."

"Who?" I hiccuped. I cursed myself for that.

"You know who I'm talking about," Leo said. I sighed, stepping a foot back into the gym to see Kenickie dancing with Cha Cha. I closed my eyes and tried to get him out of my mind.

"Please, I don't need this from you," I sighed, holding my head in my hand.

"I know, but you know I'm here for you," Leo smirked.

"Leo, you have Cha Cha," I said.

"No, she's off dancing with your guy," he spat.

"Leo! You have her either way! All she's doing is trying to get you to be jealous. Can't you see? She loves you," I said, taking a drag. I picked my clutch up from the ground with my foot and stuffed it under my arm. I grabbed another cigarette and pushed it behind my ear for later.

I started to take off, walking with my clutch in hand. Why did I come to this stupid dance anyways? I was practically begging to get my goddamn heart broken. Kenickie with his goddamn date and their goddamn chemistry and my goddamn stupid brain thinking to bring the goddamn leader of the goddamn Scorpions. I took a breath at my sudden train of thought.

"Charlie!" Leo ran after me, grabbing my hand. I looked up at him. Maybe it's best if I stay in a public area. I yanked my hand from his grasp and started to make my way back to the gym. I walked inside and saw Kenickie dancing alone.

"How low can you go? How low can you go?" The singer chanted. Kenickie started to do the splits while mimicking jerking off. Blanche went over to him, yelling "No! No bad boys here!"

Someone grabbed her and pulled her away and she wailed. Kenickie literally rolled out of the circle and ripped his coat off, revealing his dress shirt and his signature blue shirt he wears a lot.

He started to run out of the gym. I widened my eyes as he came closer. I took off the other direction again, not caring if I was in a public place or not. I heard footsteps behind me. Then I heard two people fighting. Then I heard Kenickie cry out in pain, then Leo.

I stopped running and turned back after the noise. Seeing Kenickie in an actual fight set something off inside if me. I charged at the two leaders and ripped them off of each other. I placed myself in the center.

"Cut it the fuck out! Now!" I screamed at them. I threw my clutch down and stomped my foot.

"Look," I pushed Kenickie back from Leo and vice versa. "I know you both hate each other but you gotta cut this out now. You're a senior Kenickie," I said. Kenickie looked down at this. "And Leo, you're an adult. You're foolish."

Leo looked down as well. "Kenickie, I confess to trying to get back at you for what you did."

"Leo, I confess to using you for my advantage, and using your guilt as well," I said. I sighed as soon as a second went by. I slowly let go of the boys, but that proved to be a bad idea.

"You fucking touched her!" Kenickie screamed at Leo, charging at him again. They were on the ground now, with Kenickie on top.

"You left her!" Leo yelled back. The boys were rolling around and I couldn't get my hands on either one. I tried to grab for Kenickie's shirt to pull him off. I ended up having to grab his shoulders and force his body off of Leo's by using my weight against his. We almost fell on the ground but he stood up straight.

"Get away! I don't wanna see ya goddamn face 'round here again!" Kenickie yelled at Leo as he got up. I kept Kenickie back by frequently pulling him back. Leo just shook his head and stormed off to his car and riding off into the night with one last rev of his engine and fire exploding from the exhaust.

I was still holding onto Kenickie when the Born to Hand Jive was about to end. He turned to me, holding onto my arms.

"You okay?" He asked me.

"You're askin' me?" I laughed. He chuckled at this, but I was soon to frown again. "You scared me."

"I'm sorry," he said quietly.

"You left me for Cha Cha," I continued.

"I'm sorry," he said.

"Do you see the pattern?" I asked. "I don't want to keep an eye on you all the time, but I don't know if I can trust you enough to stick true to your words."

"Look, I'll never do it again, okay?" Kenickie squeezed my arms and pulled me closer. "Charlotte, I won't do it again."

"I-I don't know. I don't wanna be stuck in your trailer, waiting for you to come home while you're off knocking up some other girl," I stuttered. I couldn't look into his eyes, but I knew that he was looking intently at me.

"You won't be that girl," Kenickie said, lifting my face up to meet his eyes. "Give me another chance, please."

I looked into his blue eyes. I wanted so badly to say yes. I wanted so badly to say no. I wanted so many things that contradicted, but I knew I wanted Kenickie the most.

"Okay," I squeaked. Kenickie breathed out a sigh of relief, but looked at me uncertainty. I connected the dots, concluding that he probably wanted to kiss me. I grabbed the collar of his dress shirt and pulled him close, connecting our lips without another second to waste. Kenickie grabbed my neck, deepening the kiss. Now I can see why Frenchy liked her name so much.

When we finally pulled away, Born to Hand Jive was done. The music stopped and cheering filled the gym. The creaking of the paper mache ranger that Patty Simcox made almost beat out the cheers.

"Now let's join our champs in a spotlight dance," I heard Vince Fontaine say. I smiled at the soft melody of the song, liking he rhythm and how it fit with my feelings. I saw Kenickie move from the corner of my eye and when I turned around, he extended his hand out towards me.

"Can I have this dance, again?" Kenickie asked sheepishly.

"Better be better than last time," I joked as I took his hand. He spun me into his arms as we swayed to the song.

"You saw me standing alone, without a dream in my heart..." the music sounded from the gym. I grinned up at Kenickie as I basked in the moment. It was just us, close and dancing slowly with my head on his shoulder and his ontop of mine.

All of a sudden, the music stopped. Curious, Kenickie and I peeked our heads inside to see three boys with their bare bums in front of the TV camera. I stifled my laughs as I realized that it was Sonny, Putzie and Doody.

I felt Kenickie's hand wrap around mine and pull me back out. "What're you doin'?" I asked, giggly.

"Why don't we go back to our place?" Kenickie asked. I blushed as I took in his words, but nodded nonetheless.

[EDITED]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

189K 3.9K 21
Switching schools is hard, but moving countries is even harder. For Cynthia Olson and her sister Sandy, they have no idea just how hard it will be. A...
49.2K 605 25
"š™ˆš™–š™£, š™®š™¤š™Ŗ š™§š™šš™–š™”š™”š™® š™”š™žš™ š™š š™©š™š™žš™Ø š™ š™žš™™, š™™š™¤š™£'š™© š™®š™¤š™Ŗ?" "š™”š™šš™–š™." "š˜æš™¤š™£'š™© š™–š™Øš™  š™¢š™š š™¬š™š™®. š™„ š™™š™¤š™£'š™© š™šš™«š™šš™£ š™ š™£š™¤š™¬...
4.6K 121 15
A close friend of mine and I came up with a greaser/soc au for lord of the flies. Being the homos we are, we added ships and a storyline. TW: smoking...
742K 30.7K 50
š€š«šž š²šØš® š­š”ššš­ š¬šØš¦šžš›šØšš² š–š”šØ š¬šžšžš¬ šš š°ššš„š„ ššš§š š›š«šžššš¤š¬ š¢š­? š€š«šž š²šØš® š«šžšššš² š­šØ šŸš¢š š”š­ š£š®š¬š­ š­šØ...