Just Us ✔️

By restlessbookreader

Lacey Wright finally moves back home after traveling around Europe with her parents for over two years. Every... More

Halloween Bash
Just Bloody Brilliant
Jonas
The Fianceé
Rollar Rink Date
Jealous Much?
Wedding Invitations
The Way Things Were
Netflix and Peanut Butter
Drunken Confessions
Rehab
Rootbeer
Stolen Kisses
Caught
The Talk
Lullabies
Spilled Secrets
New Kid On The Block
Kate's
Late Night Talks
Marketplace Reunion
Taking Care Of Business
Afternoon Drives
Apple Tarts
Monday Blues
Fight Night
Board Games and Mrs. Chang's
Nova's Not So Secret, Secret
Girl's Night
Tattoos
Late Night Kisses
Moving On
Skin Tight
Freedom
Ministers
Repercussions
Some R&R
Dinners and Truths
Sunsets and Kisses
Champagne And Hot Tubs
Evil Takes a Human Form
Promposal
Answers
Dress Shopping
Masquerade
Dances and Surprises
Expect the Unexpected
Betrayal
Big Girls Dont Cry
What Comes Around...
Goes Around
Black Veils
Admissions

Prologue

24.1K 344 20
By restlessbookreader

(This is the same chapter that was the bonus chapter. I just tweaked it to make it a prologue.)

2 years ago.....

"Henry come play!" Jonas yells from across the room.

All the 'popular' boys decided to play 7 minutes in heaven. But who was I to complain? I was a 15 year old girl at a upperclassman party. I didn't care what they did. My best friends Benji, Nova, and Joanna all were here with me. So I wasn't totally alone. Although Nova had disappeared a few hours ago and so had Joanna, which just left Benji and I. But again who was I go complain?

"Nah man, I'm going to pass tonight" Henry shouts back.

"Suit yourself" Jonas responds before getting pulled into the closet by a brunette cheerleader.

My older brother Spencer appears next to us.

"Hey, do you know where Jonas went? I can't seem to find him. Mom and Dad said we have to be home by 10 not a minute later."

I scoff as Henry replies,

"Spence, our boy just got pulled into his heaven"

Spencer rolls his eyes.

"Where Joanna?" He asks

"How the hell should I know, I'm not supposed to keep track of her"

"She's your sister"

"And?"

"You are such a loser Henry" I say crossing my arms.

"Please" he responds with an eye roll.

I raise an eyebrow at him.

He opens his mouth to speak again when the closet door swings open and a flustered cheerleader, and a very cheeky Jonas step out.

Spencer stomps over to Jonas and starts talking to him leaving me with Henry and Benji, who was being unusually quiet.

"So Benny boy. When are you going to get with Joanna? She's like practically in love with you"

Benji's eyes widen and his cheeks get red.

"I um." He stutters

Henry starts laughing and swaying slightly, the effects of one to many shots.

"Grow up would you" I snap at Henry.

"Oh come on lulu, chill out." Jonas says coming up behind me with Spencer trailing behind him.

I turn around and come face to face with a slightly drunk Jonas.

"What?" He asks as I glare at him.

"Where the hell have you been? You disappeared all night and then show up 30 minutes ago making out in the closet."

"Aw did you miss me lulu?" Jonas asks, slinging an arm over my shoulder.

"No, I just don't think it's right that you do that to girls" I mumble.

Jonas shrugs as he pulls out his car keys.

"Don't worry lulu, I won't get attached. Besides there's only one girl for me" he says with a wink.

What the hell was that? I was so confused.

Jonas tosses Henry the keys.

"Come on, let's get these crazy kids home." He tells him.

"You're letting Henry drive? He's been drinking!" I shout.

"I'm fine Lacey, it's only a buzz. Spencer doesn't have his license yet and you and Benny are to young." Henry says in a duh tone.

"We'll be fine Lace, it's just a few blocks" Spencer tells me, worry lacing his voice.

"Yeah just a few blocks." Jonas repeats.

"I'd drive but, I've had a few to many drinks" he adds.

I roll my eyes before hesitantly agreeing.

We all leave the party and get into Jonas's beat up black Chevy Chevelle.

I'm in the back between Jonas and Benji and Spencer is in the front with Henry. We begin driving away from the party and we're about a block from our house when Henry's phone pings with a text. He grabs it and checks the screen.

"Henry keep your eyes on the road!" Spencer yells

"Chill man I know what I'm doing" Henry retorts

Henry looks down at his phone, taking his eyes off the road.

"Henry!" Spencer yells

Before I can process what's happening the car is spinning out of control, the sound of crunching metal and the smell of burning rubber fills my ears. Henry fights with the wheel causing the car to roll, our screams fill the air around us until it's all eerily silent.

The car stopped rolling, everything was quiet and my body hurt. I look to my left and see a unconscious Jonas, he had blood coming out of his nose, head, and lip. His bone was sticking out of his leg and he had a large piece of metal from the door sticking out of his stomach.

"Jonas!" I shout, he doesn't wake up.

"J-Jonas" I say as my vision becomes blurry.

And the last I hear is my brother calling my name before the darkness takes me.

**

When I open my eyes, I have to blink a few times to adjust to the bright light. Once I can fully see I look around, I was in a hospital room.

I try to sit up, but the pain is to much. A inhuman groan comes out of my mouth. Getting the attention of my brother who is sitting in the chair next to my bed.

"Hey calm down Lace, it's okay" he soothes, placing his hands on my shoulders.

"What happened?" I squeak.

"We were in an accident. Henry h-he ran a red light and we got hit. The car is totaled, Benji and I didn't receive any injuries because we were on the right side. But you got a few major cuts and some servers whiplash, aside from that you're going to be just fine"

"What about Jonas? And Henry? Are they okay?" I ask panicked

He furrows his eyebrows and a look of pain and sadness comes across his face.

"Spencer."

"Henry didn't make it. He didn't have his seatbelt on."

A lump forms in my throat and I feel nauseous.

"And Jonas?"

"He's not waking up. They took him into surgery, but the door piece sliced his spinal cord and it punctured his kidney. He broke his leg and three ribs, a concussion and a fat lip. He's in a coma Lacey."

Tears start to spill as the reality hits me.

"Hey it's okay, we're fine Lace. Mom and dad are on their way"

"How long have I been here?"

"Almost 6 hours."

"Where's Benji?"

"He's with Jonas."

"I need to see him"

"Lace I don't think-"

"I need to see him Spence" I interrupt.

He lets out a deep breath before nodding his head.

"I'll go get a nurse"

"I'm fine to walk"

Spencer groans but walks over to the bed to help me stand. I slowly step and wobble on my feet.

"Lacey are you sure"

"I can do this"

He doesn't say anything else as he slowly leads me down the hall to Jonas's room. Each second that passes makes me sick to my stomach. When we get there and push the door open Benji looks up at us.

"Lacey, thank god" he says standing and walking over to us.

"Are you okay?" He asks wrapping me in a delicate hug.

I couldn't speak, I couldn't think. My mind was numb, my body was numb.

"Doctor said she has some pulled muscles from tensing up, and a few cuts but she's going to be fine. Just in shock" Spencer answers for me.

Benji nods his head.

"Can I be alone with him for a minute?" I ask looking at Jonas.

"Take all the time you need" Benji says before walking out.

"I'm gonna go grab him a soda or something. Just be careful okay?" Spencer says

I nod my head at him before he follows Benji out.

I turn my attention back to Jonas. His skin is pale, he has a cast on his leg, bandages around his torso, a neck brace on. His lip was swollen and so was his nose. He had a breathing tube hooked up to him. And his chest was rising very slowly.

I pull up a chair next to his bed before sitting down in it. I take a deep breath before I start talking.

"I don't know if you can hear me Jonas. It's me, lulu." I say as I shakily grab his hand.

Tears start to sting my eyes as I look at my best friend lying motionless in this hospital bed.

"I need you to wake up, please, please wake up. I need you Jonas. Please. Wake up." I sob.

"Don't leave me, not like this."

Tears were staining my face, my nose was running, and my eyes were burning. I wipe my nose with my free hand before continuing.

"We need you to come back, I need you. Please come back to me Jonas."

I didn't know what was wrong with me, Jonas was one of my best friends, but I felt something else for him I just didn't know what it was, or how to explain it. Right now watching him lie in this bed, it broke my heart.

I place a gentle kiss on his cheek before I lay my head on his shoulder.

"Please wake up, come back to me, please" I whisper.

I didn't want to lose him. I couldn't. I needed him.

**

*JONAS*

All I can see is the terrified expression on her face before I blacked out. The pain my body feels is numb compared to the pain my heart feels. I put the girl I love in danger, if only I hadn't let Henry drive. I try to open my eyes but I can't, my body won't let me.

"I don't know if you can hear me Jonas. It's me, lulu"

She's okay? I was so worried something had happened to her. I try to open my eyes and look at her but I can't. Why can't I? I feel her tiny hands shake as she grabs ahold of my hand and I hear her sniffle.

Don't cry lulu.

"I need you to wake up, please, please wake up. I need you Jonas. Please. Wake up."

She says as a sob escapes her plump lips.

I'm here, I'm okay lulu.

"Don't leave me, not like this."

I'm not going anywhere lulu.

"We need you to come back, I need you. Please come back to me Jonas."

I hear her sniffle and her voice crack again.

Don't cry please don't cry.

I tried to wake up, I tried to open my eyes, I tried to move. Anything. I needed to see her, I needed to know she was okay.

I feel pressure on my shoulder, and can feel the warmth of her lips when she kisses my cheek. I tried to reach out to her. I needed to touch her, I needed to know it was really her.

I'm right here lulu, I can hear you.

"Please wake up, come back to me, please" She whispered in my ear.

I won't leave you.

I try with all my might, but my body won't move.

Please stop crying.

My brain was in overdrive but my body was dead. I needed to wake up. I needed to for her.

I'll see you again lulu, I will see those beautiful blue eyes again. I swear.

I needed to fight this darkness. I needed to fight the pain. I needed to fight for her. I need her. I won't give up. I won't give up when she needs me.

I'm so sorry I let you down lulu.

I'm so sorry.........

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

144 4 23
*COMPLETED. HIGHEST RANK: #8 in guybestfriend (10/6/19). Upon returning home from college for summer break, Ava finds that her hometown has changed j...
45.3K 1.1K 31
~ Featured 2× on @StoriesUndiscovered's Reading List Tales Of The Heart. ~ Featured on @WattpadEmpowered's Reading List Monthly Spotlight. ~ Winner...
1.7M 35.6K 34
After a tragic accident that completely changes her life, Annie and her twin brother, Austin, are taken in by the Emersons, a family of seven (drop-d...
402K 18.6K 22
"I'd always liked my life. It was quiet, under control, and routine. Then he came along and showed me how much more there was, how much more I was." ...