Only you; Jack Hughes

By I_WRITE_ANYTHING

Annabella Brodeur, well Ava. Yep, the daughter of the one and only Martin Brodeur. With a child's whole life... More

Chapter 1- cutie at Dunkin
Chapter 2 - Blue eyed hottie
Chapter 3- Bruised knuckles
Chapter 4- Kisses, surprises, and cries
Chapter 5- Date night
Chapter 6- America's Ass
Chapter 7 - Panick attacks & Jealousy
Chapter 9- a constant thing
chapter 10 - expecting the unexpected
Chapter 11 - pappa brods
Chapter 12 - family
Chapter 13 - birthday
chapter 14 - No. Fricken. Way
Chapter 15 - wait 'til later
chapter 16 - one week
17 - things must come to an end
Chapter 18 - Don't want to feel another kiss if its not from your lips
Chapter 19 - NHL
chapter 20 - so am i
chapter 21 - number one! Lets go baby!
chapter 22 - baseball boys
Chapter 23 - Happily Ever After
Chapter 24 - dreams
Chapter 25 - the same
hola chicitos

Chapter 8 - Oh My Friend

7.8K 38 25
By I_WRITE_ANYTHING

So basically I decided to throw in a character because Ava is kind of lonely when it comes to girl friends // enjoy!

It had been a week since Jack had asked me to be his girlfriend, and I've seen him a lot less due to his hockey season starting up. Somehow we've gotten closer by seeing each other less because we were always on FaceTime.

But currently, it was a Thursday night and I had a sleepy Jack cuddling up to me in my arms. He was phalf asleep on my bed as we were watching high school musical.

By the way Jacks phone had been blowing up like crazy and it was more than usual.

"Avaaaa I'm tiredddd." Jack said sleepily on my chest. He was literally so adorable.

"So go to sleep, I'll wake you up in the morning before you're practice because I have to get up early to go to PT." (Physical Therapy)

He jumped up at my words with wide eyes, facing me, "Annabella Grace! You're telling me that you let me keep you up until 2 am when you have something to do early in the morning?" He said, sounding like my dad.

"Alright dad, I'm sorry." I said sarcastically but then realized something, "Jack Hughes! You're telling me that you let me keep you up until 2 am when you have practice early in the morning?" I said right back to him.

"Alright mom I'm sorry." He said mimicking my response as well, "But touché." He said with a smile. I then yawned and took Jacks sweatshirt off because it was too hot in here. I only had a sports bra on but I didn't really care because Jack had seen me in a bathing suit and my sports bra before, so what's the difference.

I rolled over and put my one leg up, getting comfy on the bed. "I'm going to sleep, sweet dreams handsome." I said without even looking at him.

I heard him let out a chuckle, and then he came over and kissed my cheek, "Sweet dreams beautiful." And then he cuddled into my back, fitting like a puzzle piece.

About 20 minutes later Jack had fallen asleep so curiosity started to take over. I had my fingerprint in Jacks phone already but I didn't need to do that. That was full on stalker mode. I was just going to check his notifications and all would be well.

I sneakily grabbed his phone from the other side of the bed, and brought it back with me to my sleeping position.

He had 5 notifications from this girl, Veronica.

Veronica
Jack I know you want me back. I don't care how pretty this girl is.

Veronica
I know you're not over me yet, I can tell by the way you're constantly texting me...

Veronica
Jack

Veronica
Babe🤩

Veronica
Can't wait until you get back from DC, it'll be great😈

My eyes were wide by what I was seeing. What the hell was going on?
I don't want to ask Jack about this because he'll get mad at me for looking at his notifications, but I want to know why the hell this bitch is texting him.
Well, maybe I don't have to ask him, I'll just ask Quinn tomorrow.

----

Next day

I got out of my car and locked it, ready to head inside. I had just finished PT and the boys were all at my house, already done with practice. I needed to somehow get Quinn's attention and talk to him privately about all of this Veronica crap.

I walked in the door and was instantly greeted by a hug from Max, "Aveyyyy I missed you." He said wrapping himself around my waist/legs because he was too small.

I let out a laugh, "Buddy I saw you this morning before you left." I wrapped my arms around him too, but eventually let go and put my keys on the counter.  I headed outside by the boys to see they were all in the pool except for Quinn, who was putting spray on, perfect!

I was making my way over to him but I felt two strong, wet arms wrapping around me.
"Jack I you did not just get me all wet while I'm in regular clothes." I said wishing it weren't true.

"Whoops." He said with a smirk and kissed my cheek giving me an innocent smirk.

I laughed and pushed him back into the pool before turning around and heading back to Quinn. I noticed he was now sitting down on his phone, instead of being in the pool.

"What are you doing here by yourself you weirdo, go socialize." I joked, sitting in the chair next to him.

"Hey you bully, I need to let my lotion settle in or else it won't work and I'll get burnt." He said matter of factly and put his phone down.

"Whatever nerd, but I need to ask you a serious question." I said, my voice getting a little bit lower just to assure that no one would hear us. He nodded his head and waited for me to talk.
"Who is Veronica?" I said almost nonchalantly.

"Ummm- I- He" Quinn started stuttering and I sighed. "I shouldn't be the one to tell you, that's Jacks job not mine. I'm sorry." He said with a small frown, "But I can tell you that she's Jacks ex, that's about it, though."

I nodded and stood up, "Thanks Quinny, much appreciated for the effort." I said, headed up to my room to change.

I threw on a cute black bikini and headed back downstairs by the boys. They were all eating pizza, even though they had all just gotten out of the pool, soaking wet.

I instantly noticed Jacks amazing body that I didn't notice before and I practically drooled at the sight. I walked closer to him and he let out a goofy laugh from something Trevor said and it made me smile. It's crazy that one simple laugh from his lips could make me feel so giddy inside.

Once he noticed me, he pulled me by my waist so I sat on his lap, as he chomped down into a slice of pizza.

He leaned his head against my shoulder and continued his conversation with the guys.

"ewwww I know that we all wanted you guys to date but like, no pda man." Josh groaned at the sight of me on Jacks lap.

I held a teasing smirk on my face, "You mean this" I said, connecting my lips with Jacks, but not holding the kids longer than a couple seconds.

The feedback I got from this was a bunch of fake throw up noises. I laughed and Jack kissed my cheek before going back to eating his pizza and talking to the boys.

As he did this, I couldn't help but think about that Veronica girl. It was just weird that this was all so sudden and had to happen once me and Jack had started dating.

My thoughts were once again interrupted by Jack.
"Ava, come in the pool with me, it's too hot out here." He said in a whiny tone, getting up, me having to do the same.

"Fine. But not because I like you, because I want to." I said jokingly. He laughed and we both jumped into the pool like little kids. I jumped on his back and he threw me on his shoulders, just goofing around for a good 20 minutes. The boys then joined us in the pool and we had a great time as well.

Finally about 2 hours later, I got out of the pool and dried myself off, because the boys said they had wanted to go to the boardwalk since they don't have practice tomorrow, so I could go get ready. I headed upstairs and showered quickly, drying out my hair and leaving it down naturally. I then put on a cute pair of dark denim shorts with a white tube top and white converse. I looked like a basic white girl but I really didn't care.

I noticed that Trevor sent me this cute pic of me and Jack so decided to post it.

avabroduer happy happy
Likes 334,679
Comments:

cmcdavid OMG I HAVE A SURPRISE FOR U
avabrodeur @ cmcdavid so you've mentioned...
trevorzegras IL YOU GUYS TOGETHER
jnorris pda alert 😤
jackhughes whos that hottie on my shoulders😏
avabroduer @ jackhughes 💓💓
quinnhughes love u two
willbroduer @ quinnhughes WERE GONNA BE UNCLES PRETTY SOON!!
spencerknight get off ur phone and come downstairs
m_marner93 @ willbroduer if that's true than ur buddy jack might be dead
m_marner93 @ cmcdavid HELL YEAH
austonmatthews baby sissy💚
dylanstrome I WUV U AND HAVE A SURPRISE
avabroduer @ austonmatthews @ m_marner93 @ dylanstrome love u goofs
victoriagriffin I HAVENT TALKED TO U IN SOOO LONG
avabrodeur OMG @ victoriagriffin HMU WE NEED TO CATCH UP

I smiled at all of my comments and decided to head downstairs, as I knew the boys would be impatient.

I headed to the living room to see them all dressed and waiting for me, but will instantly spoke.
"Um Ava, Connor said to call him right now because apparently your surprise is ready." He said with a cheeky smile.

I groaned, "Ughhh I hate surprises with literally all my heart." I said picking up my phone and hitting the FaceTime option under Connors contact.

It took one ring before he answered with a humongous smile on his face, Dylan and Mitch next to him.
"Ava I just want you to know that I love you so much that I had to spend a couple thousand dollars and a bottle of vodka to get this present." Connor said.

I gasped, "Connor that's not necessary. What did you even get me, Victoria?" I asked with a joking laugh.
He didn't answer and my eyes widened in shock,
"You're kidding me right?"

He let out a sly chuckle as Dylan spoke up, "Check your front door princess."
Yes he was flirting with me, but I was used to it, it was more of a friendly thing. And to top it off, we were just both flirty people.

I couldn't wait any longer, so I opened the door to see a blonde standing there in a plaid skirt and black crop top.

"I was waiting for you to open the goddamn door." She said with a huge grin on her face, embracing me in a huge hug.

"Oh my gosh! I can't believe you're actually here, I haven't seen you in like a year!!" I said almost letting out tears of joy.

"I know. Ever since I moved I haven't seen anyone from down here. God I missed you, you crazy bitch!" She said hugging me again causing me to laugh.

I don't know if you could tell by now, but Victoria was a very out there person. She didn't really care what other people thought about her and I admired that so much.

"Umm Ava." Connor says from my phone, crap I forgot he was still there.
"Connor thank you so much! God I'm so happy, I love you soooo much." I said cheering into the phone. He laughed at my sudden response and then said, "Alright, I'm gonna let you guys have fun at the boardwalk, but not too much fun. You hear that Hughes, keep the hands at a reasonable distance." He said, knowing that Jack was in the room.

"Alright I promise." Jack said with a smile, kissing cheek. With that we said our buds to Connor and hung up the phone.
-----

"So... Connor tells me that you've got yourself a boyfriend that they haven't even met yet! They must really trust him if he isn't dead yet." Victoria said with a smile, our arms linked as we walked on the boardwalk.

"Yeah, he's pretty amazing. He'll literally do anything just to get me to smile. I've never really had many people in my life like that before that aren't my family." I said looking at all of the kids playing games as we walked by. The boys were behind us, goofing around as usual.
"But the problem is that I think his ex is trying to get back together with him. I noticed his phone was blowing up a lot more than usual. So I checked his notification screen while he was asleep the other night and it had a bunch of messages from this girl Veronica saying 'I miss u' And 'can't wait until you get back from dc' and stuff like that."

"Damn. Well, at least you didn't fill on stalk his phone. I would talk to him about it." She said with a soft smile, "That's way better than him finding out that your upset out of miscommunication."

I nodded, and when she realized the convo died, she started one back up again.
"So, hows your knee. Your mom told me that you had to get scans again? Is it that bad?" She said with a look of concern now on her face, changing the subject.

"Yeah." I said with a sad look on my face, but I didn't let it get to me and covered it up with a smile, "It started swelling again last week, so my dad took me and we get the results tomorrow. But it's way better than it was last week." I said looking down at the flimsy brace I had on.

She smiled, "Hey, worst comes to worst, we go through the surgery and you battle your strong ass through it." She said ruffling my hair like I was 5 years old.

A pair of arms than wrapped around my waist on the other side of me, the opposite side of Tori.

"What are you two ladies possibly talking about that is better than our conversation back there." Jack said with a goofy grin on his face.

"Maybe about how my best friend has a boyfriend and I had no idea" she said with a teasing grin.

I let out a laugh when a certain light caught my eye. I look over to my right and saw the humongous Ferris wheel that I loved. My eyes lit up and I squealed.

"Oh my god. Ferris Wheel, right now!" I said grabbing Jacks hand and rushing over.

"You're such a little kid, I love it." He said with a grin on his face. I think it was in that moment that I really took Jacks features in, his slightly messy hair, his bright blue eyes, and his infamous smirk he almost always wore. And I think in that moment I knew I loved him.

"Whatcha staring at beautiful." Jack said, waving a hand in front of my face, bringing me back into reality.

I blinked and my cheeks let out a tint of pink, "Just looking at this weirdo in front of me. He's kind of distracting me from all of the hot guys around though." I said with a straight face as we waited in line.

His eyes widened a little bit, "Take it back!" He said playfully.

"Never." I added with a tease. He gasped and started kissing all around my face, leaving pecks everywhere, making me giggle.

Eventually he stopped and planted a soft kiss on my lips, making me want more as soon as he pulled away.

As we waited in the line for the Ferris Wheel, Jack helped me post an Instagram pic.

avabrodeur back and better
344578 likes
Comments>>

trevorzegras first
victoriagriffin LOVE U
cmcdavid THATS OUR PRESENT @ m_marner93 @ dylanstrome
jackhughes whos that hottie to the left😍
joshnorris hey bffs
quinnhughes I can't believe u left me w Victoria. She a bully
avabrodeur @ quinnhughes sucks it up buddy
willbroduer ^^ She is a bully

I smiled at the comments as we stepped onto the Ferris wheel.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7K 146 14
"𝘪 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘢𝘻𝘦 𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘱𝘪𝘯' 𝘶𝘱 𝘰𝘯 𝘮𝘦 𝘴𝘶𝘳𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭 𝘪'𝘮 𝘥𝘢𝘮𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘧 𝘪 𝘥𝘰 𝘨𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘢 𝘥𝘢𝘮𝘯 𝘸...
28.7K 667 31
to him, she was always his heaven.
108K 2.6K 43
The Reed and Hughes kids have never known life without each other. They'd all been intertwined since before they were even born. Kennedy may be a bit...
5.9K 162 9
In which Adelaide and her childhood best friend, Luke Hughes, meet again after years apart.