The Stepbrother (UPDATED)

By emopastelgirl

This story has been edited and updated! Please Read: WARNING! (R+18) This contains mature content and trigger... More

Author's Note
Please Read: Updated Author's Note
Oct 2022: Updated Author's Note
March 2023 Author's Note/Announcements and Other Stuff
🔪Prologue (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 1: Aurora (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 2: Proposal (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 3: Dinner (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 4: Wedding Dresses (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 5: The Big Day (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 6: Music Box (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 7: Mr. Davies and Black Mailing (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 8: Creeping (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 9: The Night Her World Turned Black and White (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 10: The Morning After (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 11: Warning (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 12: Mouth Full of Lies (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 13: Followed (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 14: First Target (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 15: Better Lock Your Doors At Night
🔪 Chapter 16 Part 1: Halloween Party (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 16 Part 2: Halloween Party (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 16 Part 3: Halloween Party (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 17: The Attic (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 18: Hello... Brother (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 19: Positive Result (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 20: Scars, Wounds, Lies, and Cameras (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 21: Realizations (UPDATED)
July 2023 Author's Note
🔪 Chapter 23: Hospitalized (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 24: Runaway (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 25: Enough (UPDATED)
Might put this story ON HOLD or even DISCONTINUE this story and other stuff...
🔪 Chapter 26: Guts and Scissors (UPDATED)
Announcement
🔪 Chapter 27: Unraveled Past (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 28: The Talk (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 29: Revealing the Truth (UPDATED)
Thank you for 100k!
Author's Note
🔪 Chapter 30: Poison (UPDATED)
taking a break from wattpad
🔪 Chapter 31: Eenie Meenie Miney Moe, Catch A Lady By Her Toe (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 32: If She Screams, Don't Let Her Go (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 33: Tag You're It, Now Let's Play Hide And Seek (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 34: Clock's Ticking, Your Time Is Up (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 35: Everybody is a Fool (UPDATED)
🔪 QnA!
Sequel Teaser!
🎉Thank you for 300k and 7k votes!!!
Prequel + Heavy Editing
If this story will turn into a movie...
hear me out: who would play as the characters in this story?
FINALLY! EDITING AND UPDATING DONE!

🔪 Chapter 22: Sleepover Gone Wrong (UPDATED)

15.2K 372 50
By emopastelgirl

Edited on: 09/21/2021

Updated on: 07/10/2023

Please Read! Trigger Warning: Mention of sharp object (knife) and mention of blood

This chapter contains mentions of sharp object (knife) and mention of blood that may be upsetting for some readers. Please proceed at your own risk or you can skip to the next chapter.

Aurora's POV

I hopped inside the car and Mr. Anderson started the car engine. I wave goodbye at Mom and Toby before Mr. Anderson starts driving off. I told him the complete address and he nodded.

A few minutes passed and it's been awfully quiet. Mr. Anderson kept his eyes on the road and I just kept on fidgeting my fingers and looking out the window. We never had one conversation. Just small talk and that's it.

"So, how are you feeling these days?" He spoke all of a sudden.

"Um... I'm fine." I said. "Why?"

"Oh nothing, it's just that... I'm worried about you." To be honest, I didn't expect that, coming from him. "We're both worried. You don't eat much which resulted in you losing some weight, I noticed that your skin has gotten paler and you got some dark circles under your eyes which I assumed that you don't sleep much."

I look at him and blink my eyes several times. Even though he's not my real dad, I didn't expect him to be that worried about me.

"Oh, you noticed?" I asked.

"Yeah. This is not because of school or the new environment or... Steven, right? Does he make you feel uncomfortable in some ways?"

I wish I could tell him everything but there's just something that holds me back yet I don't know what it is.

All I know is that I'm a fucking coward.

"Um... no. " That's all I can say. And I can feel a heavy feeling in my chest. Am I going to cry again?

"Oh...okay. Well if he tries to do something and you're uncomfortable, just tell me. I'll take care of it." He said.

"Thanks... I guess." I replied.

"I may be your stepdad Aurora, but... I do care for you and I treat you as my own." He looks at me and smiles as I return the gesture. "And I could never replace your Dad."

__

An hour passed and I saw Heather's house. Mr. Anderson stopped right in front of the house and I unbuckle my seat before opening the car door.

"Thanks for the drive," I said.

"Sure, just call me and I'll be here as soon as possible. Have fun." He said and I nodded before heading out of the car.

I close the car door and he drives off. Turning around, I walk towards the door and text Heather that I've just arrived.

A few seconds later, the door swung open, and Heather greeted me by giving me a tight hug.

"Hey, Heather. " I hug her back as I giggle.

"So glad we're doing this, you're the first one to arrive." She said and we enter the house. She closes the door behind her and leads me to the living room. One of the couches was being moved to the side, leaving a big space in the center of the living room and there are blankets and soft pillows everywhere.

"So just put your stuff down and also you can change into your pajamas if you want to. You know where the bathroom is located." Heather said and I nodded.

I put my bag down, unzip it and pull out my pajamas. I went towards the bathroom and close the door. The nostalgic scent of the peppermint bathroom freshener hits my nostrils. I then proceed to change into my pajamas.

I made sure to wear something that will cover up my arm.

After that, I head out and went back to the living room. Heather just went down the stairs and her hair became a bit messy and she seems to be panting.

"What happened to you?" I asked.

"Oh, it's just me and my brothers having the usual heated argument. Nothing new." She responded and then there's a knock on the door. Heather walks towards the door and opens it.

"Lisa! Sophie! You made it!" said Heather and she lets them in. As soon as they entered the house, Sophie spotted me and she just drops her stuff and ran towards me before wrapping her arms around me.

"Aurora! It's been a while!" She said and I hug back.

"Yeah, it has," I said. She broke the hug and she smiles ear to ear. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Lisa walking towards us with both her bag and Sophie's bag in her hands.

"Hey Ro, how are you?" Lisa asked as we do a fist bump.

"I'm good, thanks," I said.

Lisa and Sophie are polar opposites despite the fact that they've been best friends since elementary. Lisa is more of a tomboy and she has shoulder-length hair that is in the color of nightshade berries that you can find in a forest while Sophie has long hair that is bright as the sun and it is always tied up in a ponytail and she's known as one of the sweetest girls in the school although a lot of people took advantage of that. They're quite inseparable.

We would hang out here and there from time to time and we would also say hi to each other whenever we see each other at school.

"Well, now that we're all here... let's just have fun and enjoy the night. Okay?" Heather said and we nodded as we get everything ready.

__

"Which color do you want, Ro?" asked Sophie as she pulled out six nail polishes in different colors. It's not really hard to pick a color though. I've always picked the same color.

"Easy. Black, please." I replied. Sophie frowned a bit but she proceeded to pick up the black nail polish, shake it before twisting it open, and then she starts to color my nails.

"Gosh, I'm bored. Anyone wanna play the old classic truth or dare?" suggested Lisa.

"I'm up for it," Heather said and Sophie and I nodded our heads in agreement.

"Okay, I'll start," said Lisa and she picked Heather first.

"Heather, you know the drill. Truth or dare?"

"Don't call me a chicken but truth," replied Heather.

"Oh okay," Lisa spoke. "Out of all the pranks that you've pulled, which is the best prank, in your opinion?"

Heather's face brightens up. She loves to pull on pranks, especially on her brothers. "Easy. When I painted the soaps with clear nail polish, double the layer, by the way, the night before and I ended up getting chased the next morning but it was worth it. I gotta say I'm so proud of it. If you guys were there, you should have seen the looks on my brothers' faces." Heather laughed. "Oh well, I guess it's my turn. Sophie, truth or dare?"

"Um... I really don't like the dares... " Sophie admitted. "I pick truth."

"Okay. Hmm... Is it true that you and Lisa have been secretly dating?"

Complete silence filled the atmosphere. Sophie froze while Lisa let out a nervous laugh. She moves a bit closer to Sophie before putting a hand on her shoulder and Sophie ended up being a stammering tomato.

"Y-Yeah...it's true." Sophie stammered.

"Congrats! When?" I asked.

"Before the Halloween party. " Lisa answered. "Don't tell anyone. Well, don't tell anyone yet."

"We won't and congrats," Heather said and told Sophie to choose another person.

"W-Well, Aurora. Truth or dare?"

"Since my nails are still wet and doing a dare means you need to use your hands as well so... truth."

Lisa whispers into Sophie's ear and she nodded.

"Um... I don't want to ask this but... do you have any feelings for Edward?"

I don't know why but I can feel my cheeks heating up. The pacing of my breathing changed.

"W-Well, to be honest... Eddie is always a cool guy. He's nice, funny, and kind and he has a big heart which is what I admire about him the most. I really like him but lately... I think it's more than that. I think I love him." I said honestly and thinking about Eddie makes me put a smile on my face.

"Ooh, looks like somebody has found her Prince Charming. " teased Heather. "When are you going to confess to him?"

"Soon. I guess." I said.

Steven's POV

I managed to sneak out of the house. And I'm currently waiting and sitting right outside of Aurora's little friend's house. I just need to get rid of her.

Then I heard a loud thud in the front yard. I slowly and quietly walk over to the side and saw a basketball on the ground.

I look up and it looks like it was being thrown out of the room upstairs.

An idea just popped into my head and I can feel a smirk plastered on my face and I started putting on my gloves.

Aurora's POV

"Yo Heather! Can you get my basketball ball from outside?" One of Heather's brothers shouted from upstairs.

"Why can't you just go and get it yourself?!" Heather shouted and she didn't get a response back.

She mumbled curse words through her gritted teeth before getting up and walking out of her house.

Steven's POV

I saw the red-haired girl walk out of the house, I quickly pull my hood over my head, and as soon as she grabs the ball and was about to walk back inside slowly, I walk towards her with a knife in one hand.

Once I'm close to her, I use the handle of the knife to knock her out.

"Ah!" She shouted and dropped herself to the floor and she lays on her back. Without hesitation, I crouch down to her level, raising up my knife before aiming it on her chest. But then she wakes up and immediately punches me on the side of my face. Then instead of stabbing her in the chest, I miss and stab her in the shoulder.

"Ah!" She screams. I heard the front door being opened. I look up and I saw Aurora standing with that scared look on her face.

Aurora's POV

I can't believe what I just witness. Heather got stabbed!

"Heather!" I shouted. Then the figure quickly gets up and ran away. I run towards Heather and noticed that she got stabbed in the shoulder.

"Oh my God...Sophie! Lisa!" I shouted and I noticed some of the lights of other houses are being turned on and some neighbors walk towards the front yard with their faces full of shock. "Help us, please call 911! We need an ambulance quick!"

One of the neighbors pulls out their phone and proceeds to call 911.

"Heather just hang on," I said as I place my hands on her shoulder to stop the bleeding.

__

The ambulance came and they put Heather inside. One of her brothers hopped in and they drove off.

I was being interviewed by Detective Brian, the same detective from the incident at school.

"And did you see the face of the culprit?" He asked.

"No but he's wearing black from head to toe and I was at the front porch then he ran off," I answered.

"Does Miss Heather have any enemies or is there anyone from your school who has been holding a grudge perhaps?"

"No. I mean, she sure hates some people's guts but I don't think she will ever bully anyone or do anything bad to anyone. She's a good person."

"Do you think this is the same culprit who is responsible for the deaths of Mr. Davies, Mr. Lucas, and Miss Tamara?"

"Well it's obvious that people who got killed and injured are from my school, so it's possible."

"And do you have any idea who could it be?"

"I'm not that certain but I'll figure it out."

He nodded and he proceed to interview the others. I let out a sigh and I saw a car pulled up from the corner of my eye. I look up and I saw Mom and Mr. Anderson getting out of the car and running towards me. Mom wraps her arms around me and I hug back.

"Are you hurt?! Are you okay?!" asked Mom in a shaky voice. I shake my head.

I look down at my hands, all covered in Heather's blood and I burst into tears.

"No! I'm more worried about Heather, she's hurt!" I said and she just hug me as tight as she could.

____________________________________

Hey! Sorry for not updating lately but here's the new chapter and hope you enjoyed reading it! New chapter coming soon!

Also we've reached 28.1k! Thank you so much for the endless amount of love and support for this story!

-emopastelgirl^_^

Edited on: 09/21/2021

Updated on: 07/10/2023

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 8.5K 9
WARNING‼️This book contains abstruse topics such as Dark Love, Abuse, Violence etc if you are not comfortable with the above please feel free to swip...
218K 6.3K 44
"ᴡᴇʟʟ, ʟᴏᴏᴋꜱ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴡᴇ ᴀʟʟ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴏ'ꜱ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ɢᴜᴛᴛᴇᴅ ɴᴇxᴛ, ʜᴜʜ, ᴠɪʀɢɪɴ ᴍᴏʟʟʏ?" "ꜱʜᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴇʟʟ ᴜᴘ, ꜱᴛᴜ!" ••• || 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 . . . . according to the...
113K 2.3K 25
The moment his eyes lands on her, he's all determined to make her his. He gets and keeps her against her will. But what he doesn't know is that, the...
248K 4.4K 70
[COMPLETED] but still editing.. He couldn't seem to take his gaze away from her. He tracked her every move and followed her everywhere she went. He k...