Heart Battles

By Glitter-and-sunshine

Rora struggles with every teenage girl's most difficult life lesson... Boys. Which is hard when she lives wit... More

Chapter one- Welcome to my world
Chapter 2- Let's get loopy
Chapter 3- A boyfriend?
Chapter 4- You owe me.
Chapter 5- Super Sister.
Chapter 7- You smell like sweat
Chapter 8- Next level
Chapter 9- True understanding
Chapter 10- A princesses day out
Chapter 11- Bad news
Chapter 12- Jackson's a weirdo
Chapter 13- Welly
Chapter 14- What just happened?
Chapter 15- I'm sorry
Chapter 16- Dance away the pain.
Chapter 17- brother bear saves the day
Chapter 18- Skipping school
Chapter 19- It's not fair
Chapter 20- Saturday antics
Chapter 21- Reunited
Chapter 22-Just the way I like it
Chapter 23- Campfire songs
Chapter 24- Cloud nine
Chapter 25- Death
Chapter 26-It hurts
Chapter 27- Dad is home
Chapter 28- Truth
Chapter 29- life
Chapter 30- Life cannot get better than this.

Chapter 6- Just one of those days

504 8 0
By Glitter-and-sunshine

Bella and I walk to Cool Cream, the best ice cream shop in town. I order us both a coconut and passion fruit cream. When we sit in the booth, Bella stares at her ice cream, "are you going to eat it?" I ask and tap her spoon on her nose. 

"It hurts to eat," she mumbles, a tear rolls down her cheek. 

"Have you not eaten? How long has this been going on for? " I pat her hand. 

"5 days I think," she frowns. I can't believe this. 

"Eat bub," I whisper, scooping a bit of ice cream onto her spoon and holding it in front of her mouth. She obediently opens her mouth. Knowing there is no way she can finish her food, I let her eat as little as she needs. 

"It tastes so good," she smiles sliding the barely eaten ice cream over to me, "so how's the boyf?" She winks as I begin to eat her ice cream. 

"He's great," I grin as I gather our rubbish to put in the bin. While we walk I start thinking about how bad Bella is getting bullied, "Belly do want to start going to my school? " I ask as we walk to the mall. She stop in front of me and stares at me like I'm a clown. 

"Yeah that would be cool," she finally says after contemplating for a moment. 

"You probably couldn't live with us yet," I say as we step into our favorite clothes store. She nods and browses through the racks. 

"Three teens living in one house would be crazy," she agrees holding a cute cream lace dress in front of her skinny body. 

"No it's more what goes on in the house," I add the dress to our trying on pile, hanging over my arm. 

"Like..." she says walking towards the changing rooms. 

"Sex," I honestly declare, as we both slide into the largest changing room. She giggles as I close the curtain. 

"Really?" She nearly wets herself with laughter. 

"Yes belly," I throw her a top she wanted to try on. 

"Have you and Carter had it? Wait have you had it?" She pulls the top over her head after stripping into her bra and undies. 

"No. I haven't. But Ryder does. Plus me and Carter are in our honey moon phase so we're a bit soppy," I smile modelling a T-shirt dress. Bella smiles, finally understanding. 

"It would be so awkward living there," she chuckles contemplating over which two garments she wants to buy. 

I chuckle as I decide to buy myself a pair of torn denim high waisted shorts with leather on the back pocket and a short black lace dress. Bella picks a knitted cropped sweater and a pair of denim skorts. We walk to the counter giggling about awkward situations she would walk in on. We walk to the hairdresser's after we have payed for our clothes. 

"Let's get our hair dip dyed purple," I say as we flick through the magazine. Since we are blonde we can pull it off. The lady hears us and ushers over to the seats. 

"I will do the little ones and Halle here will do yours," the lady says tightening a cover around my neck. Bella smiles at me before the ladies set to work on dip dying our hair. When we are done the lady holds a mirror in front of us. 

"I love it!" Bella squeals. 

"You two are a very beautiful pair of girls. Stunning indeed," the lady says as I hand her the money.

"Where to next?" I ask when we walk out of the shop. Bella shrugs. I suddenly have a great idea. "Let's go get your belly button pierced and I will get my nose done since I already have a belly button piercing," I suggest excitedly pulling Bella with me as I skip down the street.

"I'm baaack!" I shout walking into Carter's shop. Jordy waves and introduces himself to Bella. 

"You are very gorgeous. Just like your sister," he says to Bella. I tell Jordy our plan while we wait for Carter to finish up with his customer, "here choose a belly ring," Jordy says handing Bella a card with the rings on. A guy walks out smiling and pays for his tattoo. He winks at me while Jordy writes out his receipt. 

"Hey babe," Carter says walking out giving the guy a small glare. 

"Hello," I mumble onto his lips. He plays with my new coloured hair while I pick my nose stud. 

"That one," he whispers pointing to a white diamond heart. I nod and show Jordy, "have you chosen Belly?" Carter asks Bella who replies with a nod. She points to an orange circle with a sun at the bottom. 

"Cute," I tell her holding her hand as we walk to the chair. 

"Don't be nervous. It will hurt for a teeny bit then it will be alright," Carter assures my trembling sister. She nods before squeezing my hand. Its over within seconds. When Bella opens her eyes she smiles. 

"I thought it would be worse," she laughs but cringes slightly in pain. 

"My beautiful girlfriend's turn," Carter declares picking me up and placing me on the chair. I act brave for Bella but it hurts real bad. 

"Ow" I whisper closing my eyes refusing to open them. I can hear Bella groaning in pain too. I open my eyes to see if she is okay. But my eyes are met with Carter's blue ones. He kisses me and the pain slowly subsides a little bit. 

"All better?" He kisses my forehead. I nod and stand up.

"I will go home tonight. So you two can have a girly sleepover," Carter walks us to the door. I pout poking out my bottom lip, "oh babe I will pick you up after dance training tomorrow night. Then you can come stay at my apartment" he smiles. I laugh at his facial expression. He's obviously pretty excited.

"Sorry I didn't mean to intrude on any plans," Bella frowns as we walk down the street to Ryder's work. I love how we live in a sea side community. It's big, but small enough that its alright to walk. It does take 45 minutes to walk home from the mall. But it's good exercise.

"I brought you a present," I tell Ryder walking into his office. He works at the mechanics. It looks like he is doing his paper work. I make Bella hide around the corner. 

"What is it?" Ryder smiles at me taking in my new hair. I grab Bella's hand and pull her in. 

"A pretty good present isn't it?" I wink grinning at him. 

"Aww Bubba!" He shouts standing up and enveloping her in a big hug. 

"Can she start at my school?" I get straight to the point. He looks at me questioningly. 

"Why?" He says kissing Bella's head. She bursts into tears. 

"I...I...I get bullied. I... I. can't .eat..." she hiccups. He begins to cry for her. 

"You can totally go to Roar's school," he looks at her tear stained face, "but... You can't live with us yet," he says which makes Bella break into a fit of giggles. 

"She's staying with us for 3 days," I hold back my own laughter. 

"Ok, all good," Ryder chuckles.

 "We can wait till you finish up here," I say sitting down on the couch. 

"Lets go out for dinner just us three," Ryder smiles. Bella grins 

"Can we go to Pierre's?" she suggests smiling. We used to go there with our parents before they became international speakers.

When Ryder is finished we all walk to his car, "shot gun!" Bella yells running to the front seat.

 We arrive at Pierre's and walk to a table. We already know what we want to eat. e. When the waiter comes Ryder tells him our order. The guy smiles flirtatiously at me. 

"Ew," I pretend to gag. 

"So do you have a boyfriend? " Ryder asks Bella. She shakes her head sipping on her drink. 

"Good I have to approve of him first" he says, "Carter is my best mate so its okay," he looks at me.

When our food arrives Ryder glares at the waiter. We chat about life while we eat, "when are Mum and Dad coming home?" Bella says when she has finished her food. 

"Ah I think in two or three weeks. They will be home for 3 days and then they are going to Australia or something," Ryder waving the waiter over so we can order dessert. Bella nods understandingly before ordering. 

"I kind of have moved past missing them," I admit. Ryder looks at me patting my hand. 

"Same," he says. Bella nods in agreement while licking her spoon. 

"Home time!" Ryder declares when we've finished eating.

When we get home we race into the house. Aunty Ginny must've dropped Bella's clothes off. Ryder walks into the lounge and sits down with Ava who is watching CSI. I walk to my bedroom with Bella following me. 

"Ha Ava cleaned my sheets," I chuckle causing Bella to wriggle her eyebrows at me. We both change into our pyjamas, "come gossip in bed," I whisper climbing into bed. Bella switches the light off before running and jumping on the bed. 

"Tell me about you and Carter," she giggles snuggling up to me. "I thought you would never ask," I wrap my arms around her. 

"Careful, belly button,"she groans in pain.

 "Sorry," I say before excitedly talking about my boyfriend. We talk until I feel Bella slowly falling asleep, "night night cutie" I whisper.

++++++---+++++++

My alarm rings loudly startling me awake. I slip out of bed slowly, being careful to not wake Bella up. I quickly get dressed in my Nike running shorts and sports bra. I grab myself a protein shake and run out the door. Plugging my iPod in, I begin my run to the gym. I hear footsteps behind me. I speed up my pace, the footsteps do the same. I run onto a random driveway and hide in the bushes. I wait until the person is gone. I sprint to the gym just in case I have been tricked.

When I walk in everyone is warming up. "How's Bella?" Poppy waves at me as I throw my Duffel bag on the floor. 

"Good I think," I say stretching. Cleo smiles at me cheerfully as she walks into the room. 

"Alright girls. Lets get straight to it. And a 1. And a 2. And a 1,2,3,4," she says turning on the music. Our dance theme is girls in love. "Susie smile! Poppy do that booty every time, I like it!" Cleo shouts.

We practice 3 times then all head to the showers. "Oh em ghee! I love your nose stud," Hershey squeals "and your hair" she giggles before running to a shower. I do the same turning the water on hot and washing the horrible sweat covering my body, away. Poppy is doing her make up when I walk out. I pull on my new shorts as she throws the hair product she's using at me. 

"I borrowed it last time I was at your house," she informs me as she puts on her eye liner. I pull my crop top over my head laughing at how I forgot that. I push my hair into a half up ponytail and put a bow around it. I quickly do my make up before sliding on a pair of yellow sunflower vans. Rocky is waiting out front when we are finished. 

"Rockstar!!" I squeal running and jumping on him. He chuckles kissing my hair. 

"I missed you bestie," he puts me down and opens the car door for me. 

"Ahem" Poppy coughs, staring down at her cute pink ballet dress. We both turn in our seats to face her. 

"What?" I smile. 

"I missed you too, but I didn't get that reaction when you saw me," she mock grizzles wiping away a invisible tear.

 "It was cause I had just encountered a random following me on my run," I explain turning away. 

"Oh no! Are you okay?" She asks leaning forward patting my arm.

I nod as we pull into school. Ty runs to the car opening the door a grabbing Poppy. She grins at me before kissing him. I hug Rocky goodbye and run to Ariel who is sitting with her boyfriend Corbin. 

"Yo weirdos," I say kicking Ariel's bum. Corbin waves at me crazily. Ariel hugs me grinning at my hair. 

"Only you would," she chuckles. She gives me the look telling me she is busy. I don't mind because Hunter hugs me from behind. 

"Girls and their boyfriends," I mutter as I walk away making Hunter crack up laughing.

 "I like the new look ," she says as we walk to our lockers. I have P.E and Drama before recess.

When I get to class Levi waves me over, "nice look," he says smiling. I thank him, before realizing all his Jock friends are staring at me. 

"What?" I ask frustratedly. They all shrug. I groan and go get changed. When I return Rocky is warming up. I jog over to him. I kiss his hair giving him a fright. 

"You weirdo," he pretends to walk away. I kick his bum, causing him to chase me. 

"Parks and Jones enough!" Coach Halloway yells, "alright class we are play Dodge ball today. Split into two teams please!" he shouts. In my team I have: Rocky, Hunter, Olly, Allae, Ed, Lilly and Levi. On the other team there was a few jocks and a mixture of girls. The game was intense and I got hit in the face a few times. But we won in the end. Rocky high-fives me. Levi waits for me to turn and high-five him. 

"Good work Rara" he says. The thought of him saying his nickname used to not affect me but today it makes me feel uneasy. Rocky picks up on my emotions and pats my back. I go and get changed, Hunter tries soothing my uneasiness by giving me a hug.

I go through the day like a zombie. Why were Levi's friends being weird around me? Why am I feeling like this?

I go to practice after school. I have to lead it since Cleo is going wedding dress shopping. "Okay guys. I think we need to work on the third song cause its slower and it's straight after a fast song," I say before the team shuffle into place. "Indi? Could you help me show them? You are doing it really well," I say after a few minutes. Indi smiles and walks up the front to me, "Okay from the top," I shout before pressing play. 

"And twirl!" Indi yells smiling at me kindly. After an hour I call it a day. 

"See you tomorrow," I say as the girls all tiredly stumble into the changing rooms. 

"Are you alright Rora. Rocky said you're not feeling too good," Indi says while she helps me and Poppy pack up.

"I'm not sure. Levi is just getting to me. His friends act weird around me," I gather up my stuff. 

I don't bother getting changed. I just run to the front of school where Carter is waiting. He looks at me as I get in the car. "You better fix how I'm feeling," I mumble as he starts the car. He frowns before grabbing my hand and intertwining his fingers with mine.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.3K 1K 34
NEW TITLE : Choosing Him ORIGINAL TITLE : MY BOYFRIEND'S BEST-FRIEND {STILL BEING REVISED} [1st book in the 'Hunters Family Series'] Aria Marie Colli...
1K 7 30
Penelope's dad died 2 years ago. And she finally has got her life sorted. She's left the popular crowd and is comfortable where she is. Knowing now t...
4.2K 297 19
/ love, loyalty and self discovery / . Would you rather rekindle the flames of familiarity or succumb to the destination destined for you? Would you...
6.7K 200 19
[c o m p l e t e] He's the dark and she's the light, they're opposite, yet similar A typical bad boy story? Not really... You would say that vacation...