AfterDeath: 30 Days OTP Chall...

By Emo_daw_ako

The title says it all... More

List of Challenges
Day 1: First Meeting
Day 2: Holding Hands
Day 3: Cuddling
Day 4: On a Date
Day 5: Job / Work
Day 6: Apart From Each Other
Day 7: Sick
Day 8: Cooking / Baking
Day 9: Shopping
Day 10: Meeting a Friend
Day 11: Jealous
Day 12: Accident
Day 13: Watching Each Other Sleep
Day 14: Bodyguard
Day 15: Picnic
Day 16: Something Sharp
Day 17: Arguing/Fighting
Day 18: Taking Medicine
Day 19: Close Call
Day 20: Making Up
Day 22: Hurt/Comfort
Day 23: Attacked
Day 24: Kidnapped
Day 25: Demand
Day 26: Rescue
Day 27: In Battle, Side by Side
Day 28: Recovery
Day 29: Sleeping In
Day 30: Celebration

Day 21: Surprise!

1.9K 95 148
By Emo_daw_ako

AN: Just like what the title said: Surprise! I updated!

Also, I may be out of my mind when I wrote this. That's why it's called a surprise!

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

The next morning...

"Are you sure you're comfortable? You're not cold?" Death asked.

"I'm fine." Geno whined for the umpteenth time within five minutes. He was sitting on one of Toriel's single seat sofas, a blanket draped over his shoulders and underneath, he was wearing a warm sweater while Death fussed over him like a worried mother. Asking Geno various questions regarding his nonexistent discomfort.

Geno was starting to get annoyed, the irritation showing in his eye. "I said I'm fine!" he said with unintentional spite in his tone while sending glares at the taller.

When he saw the sincere worry and hurt in Death's eyes, he instantly regretted it. Pulling the blanket tighter around his body and tucking his head in it in shame. Wanting to hide from his... latest mistake. He didn't mean to sound like he was complaining when Death only wanted to make him feel better.

Seeing the guilt that Geno displays, Death's tense shoulders went lax and let out a shallow sigh. He knelt on one knee before the sofa and took Geno's hand in his. Much like how a knight would to their queen but more intimate.

But Geno couldn't bring himself to face Death.

"Look at me." Death said softly as he reached out and cupped Geno's cheek. Guiding the other's face to look at him. "I'm not mad." Death added and formed a gentle smile. Showing the other that he's not offended.

Even so, Geno felt it was the right thing to apologize and that he did. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean-" he started but was cut off when Death shushed him. Then the taller pushed himself up and sat next to Geno. But due to the small space available, their bodies squashed against each other, yet neither seemed to mind their close proximity.

Death wrapped his strong arms around Geno, bringing the smaller one closer and dipping his head to nuzzle against the other. "It's okay. I'm just glad you're okay." Death said, rubbing the smaller one's back and just wanting to feel the other's warm body against his.

At the reminder, Geno's expression faltered. He shifted a bit due to their tight position and looked up at Death. "Is it that bad?" he asked. He remembered throwing up blood and he couldn't breathe before passing out. Other than that, nothing.

Geno felt Death stiffened at the question. The taller's smile instantly fell as his eyes seemingly growing impossibly darker. Seeing this reaction, Geno dreaded to hear the answer. It is bad, he concluded.

"Really, really bad." Death replied. Of course, no word can describe the experience Death went through. But he spoke with such sincerity that it successfully relays the hidden pain through such simple words.

More guilt weighed down on Geno despite not knowing the true meaning behind Death's words. The look in Death's eyes was enough for him to feel the severity of the situation.

But Death doubt Geno will truly understand. But he'd rather let it stay that way.

Death moved his hand and rests it on top of Geno's head. Gently running his thumb on the uneven spot right over Geno's visible eye. There was a faint scar. A grim reminder of the incident that almost took away Geno's memories. And before that, he was burning up with fever.

Death realized how fragile Geno actually was. How... weak. And he was ashamed to say that these things has to happen before that simple fact sink into his head.

He let out a another sigh which made Geno curious as to what he may be thinking about. "I won't let it happen again. I'll protect you." Death mumbled to himself.

Geno was about to ask what he meant when Toriel came in and called them for breakfast.

They walked into the dining area, Death and Geno were surprised to see a feast on the small rounded table. There were freshly baked pies still steaming hot, pancakes and a classic breakfast of eggs and bacon. There's also a big bowl of salad. Of course, Tori would want to balance their diet.

"Um, Dr. Life? What's the occasion?" Geno asked. "Why are there a lot of food?" Considering there's only three of them in the house. Geno doubt they can finish it all, so why?

"Dear, just call me Toriel." The goat lady said, widely grinning, then gestured a hand to the table. "And this is to celebrate your recovery." she added before walking over and pulling a chair and sitting on it. Then she pulled another chair next to her and patted the seat. "Come, sit next to me." she ushered.

Geno still doesn't understand as to why they need to celebrate his recovery. It's not like its a big deal, right? He's been sick so many times in his life that 'recovery' has been comparable to a normal circumstances for him.

He felt a hand on his back gently pushing him forward and he looked up at Death who was giving him an encouraging smile.

He decided to go along with it and took a seat next to Toriel while Death sat on his other side. Practically crowding him.

"Dr. Toriel, I-" Geno began but was cut off by Toriel herself. "Hun, just drop the honorifics." she said and proceeded with filling Geno's plate with various foods.

"Tor-... Toriel?" Geno said hesitantly, unused to referring to her without her title. It made him feel so disrespectful. But since Toriel nodded in approval, he guessed he just have to get used to it.

"Ms. Toriel?" yeah, easier said than done. "You didn't have to prepare so many foo, I-" Geno was cut off once again when the goat lady cupped both of his cheek and turned his face towards her. Slightly craning his neck upward due to her tall height.

Toriel resisted the urge squeal and squeeze his adorable face. "You are such a sweetheart." she said with barely contained excitement. "Just call me Toriel. Or Tori." she added, briefly looking at Death, who had already started on his breakfast. "Or maybe you can just call me mom." she joked, laughing genuinely and froze when Geno did as that.

"Mom?"

Death has stopped mid-bite, the spoon he was holding was midway to his mouth which was hanging open. He looked at Tori to see her shocked face and her red eyes were wide with surprise.

At the abrupt silence, Geno mentally scolded himself. "I-I-I'm sorry I-" Oh he's in deep trouble.

"Say that again." she requested, her voice a little high with excitement as she leaned closer to hear him better.

Geno blinked and raised a brow, bewildered at the sudden turn of event. He thought she was offended. Apparently, not.

"Say that again, please?" she requested again, her pupils were dilated and brighter than usual. Pleading at him to grant her wish.

"Mo-... Mom?" Geno reluctantly spoke, magic rushing to his face and still doubting if he was really allowed to call her that.

Toriel squealed in absolute delight and wrapped her arms around the smaller skeleton. Unable to contain her joy as she squeeze the poor boy in her arms.

"You are now officially my child!" she declared happily which alarmed Geno.

"Wha- what?! No, I-" he tried to protest but was shushed in an instant. Geno hoped that she wasn't serious. And Death wasn't doing anything to help him out of this situation. He was just back to happily munching on his meal as if the commotion right beside him doesn't bother him at all.

A sudden ringing tune from outside the kitchen was heard, a sound Death recognized and he stood up. "That's my phone." he briefly said before he walked out. Returning just as soon as he had left and sat down again before answering the call. " 'sup?"

Toriel released Geno from her bone-crushing hug and let the latter breathe. Of course, Toriel wasn't done gushing over him, but being as quiet as they can so as not to disturb Death who was talking to someone.

"Yeah, he's fine. He's with me." Death said after a pause, his gaze shifting to Geno for a moment, who wondered who was Death talking to. "Sure." Death spoke again after a short pause, then put the phone on speaker before handing it to Geno.

Geno raised a brow but wordlessly took the phone from Death's hand. "Hello?" he hesitantly greeted.

"Heya, buddy," A familiar lazy greeting came in and Geno brighten up upon recognizing the voice. "Sans!"

"yup, so... how's it going?"

"'s cool. Everything's cool," Geno said as Toriel and Death looked away to the side. Silently disagreeing with the smaller skeleton's statement.

"Where are ya? I went to your apartment and you weren't there. And your doctor has been nagging me for a whole week." Sans asked.

"I'm at-" Geno was cut off as a hand with silky soft fur clamped over his mouth. He looked up at Toriel who was giving him a stern look before shaking her head. Death plucked the phone from his hand and spoke. "Sorry, that's a classified information." he said, taking over the conversation.

Geno sends Death a look of slight confusion and tried to pry Toriel's hand off his mouth. Death held a finger before his nonexistent lips and Geno easily complied without even a conscious thought.

"Uh, oh...kay?" Sans sounded confused, as well. "Well, can he hang out with me for a day?" Sans said, knowing full well he wasn't talking to Geno anymore. "I haven't seen him since he was released from the hospital. And also wanna see how he's going." he added.

"Yeah, sure." Death agreed so fast that it actually surprised Tori, in a good way, that is. After the event yesterday, she was kind of expecting Death to lock Geno up just so the latter can rest more.

Same goes for Geno. After the over-protectiveness he displayed earlier, Geno was sure Death wouldn't let him go anywhere without him. This was unexpected and very out of character.

Unless...

Death was plotting something.

~~~~

And Geno was right.

Right now, he's standing outside the house and in front of a line of men wearing black suits complete with dress shoes and some sort of communication device on one of their ears. A typical bodyguard look. Their serious expressions made them really intimidating and unapproachable. Not to mention their towering height. They're twice as tall as him. Freagin' giants.

Death was standing by him, seemingly proud to present them to him.

"Death, I am not taking them with me." Geno said, crossing his arms and pouting like a child.

"Why not?" Death obliviously asks, which irks Geno knowing it was just an act. Pretending to be clueless and all, when truly he has something up his sleeve. And it left an unsettling feeling in his nonexistent guts because he doesn't know what it is.

"Just... Look at them!" Geno exaggeratedly gestured a hand on the group of men and Death did so. Then raised a questioning brow. What was he supposed to look at, anyway. "I don't see anything wrong." he replied.

Geno let out a exasperated sigh, rubbing a hand down his face in absolute frustration which actually made Toriel giggled from behind them. "Look at what they're wearing!" Geno gestured to them again. "They're wearing formal suits!" the smaller skeleton added before Death made another dumb question.

"What's wrong with it?" Death still doesn't get it.

Geno face-palmed. Oh my stars! Does this guy doesn't know what's a casual attire. "Death," Geno began after taking a breath and calming down. "They'll attract. So. Many. People's attention." the smaller skeleton said slowly, trying to get his point across the 'oblivious' skeleton.

"Exactly," came Death's instant reply of agreement. "No one's going to try and kidnap you because there's too many witnesses." the taller said without missing a beat. As if it's the most normal thing to say.

Geno stared at him, dumbfounded at the bluntness of his words that actually made Geno's soul skip a pulse. It was out of concern but then again, "Who the f*ck wants to kidnap me?!" he asked, scoffing at the idea. That's just impossible.

Death shrugged his shoulders, "It's just an extra precautions," he lied. Although it was partially true at some degree. He wasn't just telling everything. "Don't want anyone stealing what's mine~" Death said, draping an arm over Geno's shoulders and pulling the smaller closer. Pecking a kiss on the glitched one's cheek.

Heat rose to Geno's face and unceremoniously pushed Death away. The latter took no offense at the rude action. "Aw, come on. Sweetheart~" the taller cooed, opening his arms in a welcoming but definitely smug way, as if showing Geno that he didn't do anything wrong.

Geno internally groaned. "You know what? Forget it, I'm not going out." Geno said, raising his hands in a surrendering manner before making his way back inside Toriel's house.

"But you promised Sans you'll hang out with him today." Death said, which effectively stops Geno on his tracks and the taller grinned widely, much like a cheshire cat. "You're gonna make him wait there for nothing? I didn't know you're a cruel friend." Death mocked and Geno was fuming.

He turned back around to face the taller skeleton. "I am calling him and telling him to cancel our meeting!" he countered.

"You don't have a phone~" Death said in sing sang voice and took out his own phone from his pocket, waving it around to further irritate the smaller. "And you don't remember Sans' number~" he added.

Geno was twitching in annoyance. He stomped over and snatched Death's phone, or at least tried to, as Death held it up higher over his head. To the rest, they looked like a couple of kids, due to their short heights, arguing over a toy as the smaller tried, in vain attempt, to snatch the phone from the other's hand.

A few snorts and snickers were heard, otherwise ignored, and stops when Geno starts to cry. Face flushed blue with embarrassment. "I hate you." he said to the other. Sending him sharp glares that wavers as he held back his tears.

"Aw, don't be like that." Death cooed, tucking his phone back in his pocket while his free hand went to caress the smaller one's cheek.

Geno slapped the hand away and turns away to the side. Folding his arms over his chest and refusing to look at Death.

"Aw, now you made my child cry." Toriel said, almost cooed, and walked over to the two. She bent down and picked up the smaller skeleton by the arm pits and brought him closer for a hug.

As of now, Geno couldn't care less that she's his doctor, he just wants to hide from this humiliation. He buried his face onto her broad shoulder and wrapped his thin arms around her neck. He felt a large hand rubbing his back in a soothing manner and he relaxed.

"Hush now, dear. Death was just teasing." She said in her gentle, motherly tone.

"It's not funny!" the smaller skeleton quickly interjects, although his voice was greatly muffled. Then began complaining as to why Death have to assign ten bodyguards to look out for him. He was just going to hang out with his friend at the mall.

Toriel then explained to him that Death was just worried and didn't want to leave him alone. The truth was, she and Death have work to do later that day and they can't leave Geno alone and unattended.

Even then, Geno argued that he didn't need bodyguards to look out for him. He's with Sans anyway.

It took a lot of convincing in Tori's part for Geno to even acknowledge the idea. "Fine! But make them wear something casual!" Geno told Death who gave him a thumbs up.

~~~

The men came back wearing jeans, white sneakers and a black, fitted shirt with the word "BODYGUARD" in big, bold letters printed across the back and front.

Geno wailed before Toriel's feet, clinging to her legs and begging her to deal with Death herself. He can't handle him on his own.

To be continued...

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

AN: And another surprise from The_Forest_Spirit

He/She is writing a side story for this book and I am helping them. The story will be publish on their account because it's their idea. Credits to them. 

I'm just giving you a heads up. 

Also, one last surprise from me:

Nah, this is unrelated to the story. I just tried making a comic.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61K 1K 17
Sadness.... Confusion... Grief..... Betrayal.....
37.8K 1.4K 47
The extremely long title says it all
18.5K 1K 14
In order to live, Geno must undergo an operation to replace his soul. One life must be sacrificed to save another. As if that wasn't enough, an unple...
160K 5.9K 30
After the Christmas party, Geno thought he'd never get to see Death anymore. Boy was he wrong! After a couple of chilling moments and heartfelt scene...