VERDICT OF LOVE

By favourakpofure

"I am pregnant, " I say looking into his eyes intensely but his face is emotionless. "what? " he asks stunne... More

characters names
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40 (The End ?)
Surprise Chapter
New Read

Chapter 30

23.3K 521 27
By favourakpofure

Please spare some time in reading the author's note at the end of this chapter. Enjoy.

Shiloh Pov:

After speaking with Sam, my mind seems to have gone into overdrive constantly nagging me over my decision in locking away every thought that has to do with my family and also Chance.

So right now my focus is on Wilmer playing in his baby crib while I seat on the couch watching him and also listening to Emma as she explains to me what going on right now in her life and as for Chole she left to have fun with her family and friends.

"Shiloh I can't believe Damien's uncomplaisant attitude towards this matter," she says sounding frustrated.

"I thought you had this discussion with him about you not being around when he leaves for Italy because of your fashion gig in London," I say while wiping Wilmer's mouth since he keeps drooling.

"Yeah we talked about it but during these few days he keeps acting like a jerk, consistently making a silly joke about me being an uncaring girlfriend towards him," she says with a frown on her face.

I place the baby blue napkin on the hand of the crib before taking a seat on the couch" as you said maybe it just a silly joke to him you just have to tell him how you hate these jokes"

"Yeah you are right maybe I am just being paranoid with him leaving one month from now and you..." I cut her off before she could continue.

"Emma I told you this before don't think too much about this just enjoy your time with him and don't forget you can always visit him in Italy," I say with a smile trying to lighten up the mood.

"I will do just that but my Mum keeps talking about how she wants me to go for a one-year international fashion business in Spain after graduating before I can take part in the running of the company," she says dolesomely by just thinking about it.

I sigh knowing the reason behind Emma acting that way" And this is bad because you feel capable and witty enough to work beside your Mum" I say matter of fact shaking my head in amusement.

Wilmer stirs and whimpers while flailing his arms in protest gaining my attention.

I stand beside the crib caressing his forehead trying to calm him down" his he alright?" Emma asks concerned.

"Yeah, he just crying because he feels uncomfortable with the baby blanket on him" I explain removing the blanket placing it on the hand of the crib before caressing his forehead stopping his whimper of protest.

After making sure he's okay I take a seat on the couch" as I was saying your Mum wants you to go to Spain that doesn't mean she is doubting your capability but she just want you to gain new experience and have a new adventure before helping in the company" I explain.

Before she could reply the doorbell rings cutting her off" let me get the door maybe it's Chole at the door" I say walking towards the door pulling it open to be welcomed by no other person than" Louis Conner I thought we made a deal you don't crash in my house expect it a life and death affair" I say seriously with a raised eyebrow while pushing the door open letting him in.

"This is a life and death affair " he walks towards the crib ignoring my intense stare with my hands crossed above my chest.

"So how serious is this life and death affair," Emma says mockingly while I take a seat opposite her on the sofa.

"Emma you here, I didn't notice you over there until you decided to speak," Louis says with a smirk of his own" so how is my godson doing," he says cooingly while playing with Wilmer as he makes baby noises.

Here we go again, these two either they are bearing it up or at each other's neck.

"So to answer your questions," he says taking a seat beside me placing his hand across my shoulder.

I lift his hand away before letting him continue" I can't stay in that boring house with Damien throwing tantrums about his love life and Chance who seems to love his office over his comfortable bed" he says sadly while his eyes dance in amusement.

"But to be honest it little amusing to see them whipped" I shake my head' typical Louis finding something assuming in all this" Enough with that, I have a three-week leave from the company..."

"How can it be called a leave when you are not even doing anything yet?" Emma asks cutting him off while staring at him as if she just discovered he had a nose.

"I am taking this three-week leave before starting fully in the company because I deserve it after helping from home "

"Don't you think it's time you get yourself a life?" Emma says thoughtfully.

"Don't you think it's time you should try fixing yours?" Louis retort.

"At least I have a life to fix unlike you who decides to take a leave before even getting into the company," she says shaking her head before resting on the sofa with an audible sigh.

My phone ring cutting Louis from making any witty reply, I draw the answer button seeing Damien name flash on the screen" Hello"

"Hi, Shiloh is Emma over there at your place?" He asks going straight to the point.

"Why?" I ask not wanting to give him a direct yes in case Emma doesn't want him to know she is here.

"I have been trying to get to her but she keeps letting my call go into voicemail, I am just worried she might be avoiding me since I have not been the nicest guy lately, " He says softly.

"Maybe she is just busy, don't panic okay I try speaking to her"

"Okay thanks," he says before hanging up.

I place the phone on the table before glancing at Emma" so tell me why you have been sending Damien calls into voicemail" I say waiting for a reply.

She shrugs" he called only three times and I was too angry to pick any one of them"

Without saying a word I walk towards her before searching through her bag, I take her phone before typing the on button then bringing it towards her face" Emma 30 missed calls, 7 voicemails, and 5 messages " I say accusingly with a glare on my countenance.

"I might have pu...." She tries explaining before meeting my fixed glare on her" I will just give him a call right away" she says before taking her phone away from me then walking into the kitchen.

Sighing softly I walked towards the crib finding Wilmer sleeping with his signature pout on his lip.

I place the blanket on him before turning towards Louis finding him arranging the video game.

I sit cross-legged beside Louis on the floor in front of the TV" now I know the reason behind you setting up this video game" I take the remote as he hands it over to me.

"I knew you would be pretty bored without this here"

"Or more like a way to help me improve on my skills and then I can beat you one of these days," I say with pride.

"Dream on. Do you have something in this house because I am starving" he says placing his hand on his belly.

I laugh loudly" yeah I do have some food in the fridge"

I click start without waiting for him to do the same" What are you doing?"

"Playing," I say in a duh tone focusing my attention on the game.

"What about the food?" He asks sounding truly confused.

"You have legs get it yourself" I glance his way before staring back at the TV.

He huffed before walking into the kitchen while Emma takes a seat beside me with a wide grin on her face"let me guess, Damien is on his way here" I tease with a smirk on my lip.

Louis sigh loudly placing a plate into the microwave "finally they are back together so that means she will start being nice towards me" he says wiping his hand with a napkin.

Emma scoffs trying to hide her smile" in your dreams Louis and for the record, I and Damien never broke up and never will," she says flipping her hair over her shoulder with her chin raised high making us laugh loudly.

We played some video games then Damien joined in the fun and I won... okay I won only once it, not my fault the boys are so good.

CHANCE POV:

I flip through some documents on my table while typing on the laptop, this is officially how these few weeks have been, keeping my thought busy with work, every day I leave the house early coming to work, and then leave late.

Even though I work together with Dad seeing him every day, I can just seem to see him pass the anger I feel towards him after his deceit and wrongdoings.

I run my hand through my hair clearing such thoughts away focusing on my work before hearing a light knock on the door I reply demanding for the person behind the door to come in not lifting my eyes from the laptop.

"Sir, someone here for you," my assistant Tessa says coming into the room but before I could get info about this person a well know voice says walking into the office.

"How nice to finally see the famous Chance Cristain "

I glance back at the laptop proceeding with my work" you can leave Tessa"

I should not be surprised seeing her here because after all today is the day I should be standing at the alter waiting for her to make it to the church but here am I working on a company project and a few hours from now I would be leaving for a meeting.

But thank goodness I didn't make a vast mistake like that" Samantha what business brought you here?" I inquire resting my back against the chair studying her every move as she takes a seat with her signature smirk in place.

"That not the right thing to say to your bride you left waiting at the altar," she says accusingly.

"Go straight to the reason you are here because I have pending work which requires my attention" I don't get why she is hereafter I made it clear the pact between us is over.

"I can see that. I had a little discussion with Shiloh today," she says analyzing my reaction.

"Why did you. You have to go..." She cut me off stopping me from continuing.

"Relax I didn't cause trouble I only went there to tell her the truth"

"What truth?" I ask resting my elbow on the table.

"The same truth she deserves to know," she says calmly even if she was glaring at me.

I clutch my hands together meeting her glare with mine" I don't need your help telling her the truth I was planning on telling her at the right time which is not now"

"So when would that time be? Will it be when she finally stops loving your fucked up lies" She says in anger.

"I was only giving her space and time she needs" I run my hand through my hair before standing.

"Time?" She scoffs mockingly " more like you being a coward"

I move towards her turning her chair around I place my hand on the table caging her between my body and the desk" Sam you should have come to me first you know nothing about Shiloh, I wonder how she took the information about all this being a lie for the longest time" I pull away from her tugging my hair harshly.

"Chance you should be thanking me not putting all the blame on me" she stands pointing an accusing finger at me" Shiloh is stronger than you think, she took the information better than I expected and I am sure as hell don't regret my decision"

I stare at her for a few minutes before speaking calmly" Sam you don't understand you just put her into a dilemma"

She sighs taking a seat back" Okay I am sorry I should have come to you first but I felt guilty knowing I wronged her, knowing I deprived her of her love and happiness" she says wistfully.

"No I should be blamed for this because this started with my father so it is not your guilt to bear but mine," I say taking a seat beside her.

She looked weak and defected the opposite of the Sam I know for so long.

Her blonde hair resting on her shoulders while her eyes looked puffy from crying, I know am the one to be blamed for all this, my decisions didn't only break Shiloh but also Sam.

My decision where selfish, even though Sam agreed with all this I still was being selfish not caring about her feelings and the sacrifice she made planing on getting into a loveless marriage just for her Dad's sake.

I am very self-centered.

"I am sorry for being a horrible person towards you" I apologize sincerely " you don't deserve my dislike towards you so I am very sorry"

She gave me a warm smile" I can't believe the arrogant asshole is apologizing to me"

"Don't make me take it back"

"it okay I forgive you" I smile back in reply.

We seat in comfortable silence for a few minutes both lost in thought before Sam decides to speak" I am leaving tomorrow so I hope we could remain friends"

"I have no option than to be your friend because If I refuse you will fight me into becoming your friend" I tease making us both laugh.

She pulls a napkin from her bag wiping her tears before standing to leave" I need you to stop pushing yourself too hard by working and focus on fixing things the right way with Shiloh at least for your son's sake" nod pulling her into a hug.

"Thanks" I whisper in her ear.

She pats my back encouragingly before letting go with a smile on her countenance " And one more thing I need to see you at the airport at 9:00 in the morning tomorrow before I leave"

I reply with a yes ma watching her walk towards the door before calling her stopping her from pulling the door open" yes" she turns my way with a raised eyebrow.

"Sam, will you be okay?" I don't know why I was asking but I felt the need to.

She smiles sadly before turning towards the door and pulling it open" yeah I have to be" She says locking the door behind her.

I stare at the closed door before seating on my office chair turning towards the glass window watching as the cars move in a different direction and people shuffle down the street.

I watch Sam as she walks towards her car parked in the parking lot watching as she gets into her car before driving off.

Sam did help me by speaking with Shiloh but it was best she heard the truth from me.

I can't seat watching the time pass by before my eyes without doing anything to fix my wrongs.

Maybe it is time I make my move in getting back Shiloh and my son rather than seating waiting for the perfect time.

The phone ringing on the table cut my taught from racing further.

Picking the call I place it against my ear" Sir, everything set for the meeting"

I reply with a yes before walking out of the office towards the conference room" Tessa get the document on my table and join me in the conference room" I say passing by her desk before making my way into the meeting that is about to proceed.

I just hope everything falls in place from now on just for my sake.

A/N: I hope you enjoy this chapter, please don't be a silent reader I love reading your comment on each chapter because it helps me come up with a better chapter.

So please comment on your thought and feedbacks on each chapter and also don't forget to vote.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

214K 4.6K 16
"hunny" i walked out of the showered with a towel wrapped around my body as i held the pregnacy test behind my back. "yes what you got behind your ba...
569K 18.2K 54
Sequel to Mr Reigns The room echoed despite the fact that it was filled with furniture and papers spread everywhere. The doctor who was sitting in fr...
762K 20.7K 39
When I stood up and reach for the door. I was forcefully turn around..making my back lean in the back door.. He snatch the purse and shoes in my han...
121K 2.6K 30
#10 in bf #11 in gf #21 in miscarriage #47 in chicklit #50 in chances #502 in romance She was sitting on the foot of bed, clamping the sheets in her...