Pyramids {BTS x reader}

By TaeTae_lyfe

She didn't need a crown, because she wasn't a queen.... She was a goddess. • • • • • • Book #2 in "The Blue... More

Chapter 1: Stories
Chapter 2: Scrolls
Chapter 3:Deals
Chapter 4: Enemies
Chapter 5: Soldiers
Chapter 6: Scholars
Chapter 7: Rooftops
Chapter 8: Terrors
Chapter 9: Captive
Chapter 10: Family
Chapter 11: Disease
Chapter 12: Sincerely
Chapter 13: Bodies
Chapter 14: Thrones
Chapter 15: Moments
Chapter 16: Poisons
Chapter 17: Secrets
Chapter 18: Memories
Chapter 19: Warm
Chapter 20: Snake Eyes
Chapter 21: Sight
Chapter 22: Masters
Chapter 23: Blindfolds
Chapter 24: Terrors II
Chapter 25: Guides
Chapter 26: Salvation
Chapter 27: Jewelry
Chapter 28: Pockets
Chapter 29: Safe
Chapter 31: Close
Chapter 32: Miracles
Chapter 33: Change
Chapter 34: Promises
Chapter 35: Endings
Chapter 36: Beginnings
Conclusion
Dynasty
Character Q&A

Chapter 30: Panic

22.3K 1.6K 1.3K
By TaeTae_lyfe

"I hate when people say "it's all in your head". Do you honestly think that I want to feel this way?"

-Anonymous

What if?

These two, small words are often used in times of anger or tragedy. The weight these words bring with them is almost unbearable. These words leave us questioning ourselves and our actions...Could we have made things better? Could we have been happier?

We often torture ourselves with these two words, replaying them in our head on constant loop.

What if?

What if?

What if?

However, there is an inevitable truth to the world that is inescapable...Now matter how many times we ask ourselves this question....no matter how many different scenarios we imagine in our heads....We can never go back and fix it...We can never "make things right". We are stuck with our choices for the rest of our lives.

Hot tears poured from Taehyung's eyes as he shot up in his bed, the silk sheets falling down to reveal his bare torso as his chest moved up and down in anxiety and unbridled fear.

Silent sobs racked through his body as he looked around his room in a panicked daze.

He struggled to regain his breath as the darkness of his bed chambers began to close around him, trapping him in a state of shock.

His shoulders shook as he began to regain his composure, silently thanking god that no one was around to see him crying like a young child.

Letting out an unsteady breath, the young royal slowly began to move his body, his hands wiping away the tears that never seemed to cease from falling down his cheeks. He slowly adjusted himself, swinging his feet over the side of his bed, his gaze staring at the marble floor of his bedroom.

He had been awake for three days straight.

He'd worked tirelessly trying to find any way to locate you, anyway to bring you back to safety....back to him. He had begun to completely forget about whatever "trial" he was enduring from the Council. At this point, he did not care if Jimin became king...he just wanted you to be okay.

It seemed that he had become so focused on finding you that he had completely ignored his own needs. He had not eaten or even taken a drink since he found out of The Followers' plans for you.

He worked and worked.

Organizing search parties, studying Anubis, researching any information on The Followers. Every day brought a new challenge, a new lead. It was enough to drive him to the point of madness.

In fact, it drove him to exhaustion.

The last thing that Taehyung could remember was walking towards the temple, his mind fixated on getting more scrolls to study.....and then everything went black...

And now here he was, sobbing in his room while glaring at the floor of his bed chambers.

Whatifwhatifwhatif

What if he had been there? What if he ha managed to keep you safe? What if, somehow, you were right beside him in his bed? What if he could just roll over and realize that all of this was a bad dream?

The royal let out a frustrated scream, tugging on his dirty blind locks mercilessly as more tears pooled in his eyes.

He picked his body up, off the bed, walking towards the large vanity that sat in the corner of his room, his tired eyes scanning over his disheveled state. Disgust was evident on his features.

"This is because of you." He spoke shakily, allowing his tears to fall freely. "She is gone because of you."

No response came of the mirror in front of him.

Taehyung watched himself in the mirror as he trembled in the darkness of his room.

"You always do this." He sobbed, his hand moving to touch the reflective glass. "You...You always do this."

The royal swallowed hard, casting his gaze down to stare at nothing in particular.

He couldn't stand the sight of himself.

To say that he missed you...would not be the complete truth.

Of course, he missed you..he had grown fond of your presence....but what he felt was more than "missing you". He was physically hurting at the loss of your smile, your scent, your...touch.

If he had kept a closer eye on you...If he had taken The Followers more seriously...If he hadn't allowed them in the castle..you would be there safe and sound.

The sound of glass shattering filled the room, breaking the dead silence of the night.

Taehyung never rose his eyes to look at the mirror, he didn't have to. He slowly lowered his now bloody hand down by his side, watching as loose, glass shards fell from the broken mirror in front of him.

What if you never come back?

What if he can't find you?

What if he's already too late?

____________________________________________________________

You let out a loud sound of protest as you were dragged out of your cell roughly, the golden bracelet around your wrist glowing brightly.

In the short time you had been here,you had slowly begun to make a connection between the bracelets that seemed to connect you and The Followers.

From what you could understand, all the bracelets were linked to one another, each one having some kind of magic binding them together. Aten, the leader, seemed to have the most powerful among them. His bracelet was significantly larger than any of the others and it seemed as though he could control anyone who wore one...

Yours, however, was a special case.

Much to Aten's displeasure, he could not control you like everyone else...the extent of his power was like that of a powerful magnet, being able to drag you around by your wrist unwillngly like you were some kind of human ragdoll.

You hated the smug smirk that the bald man constantly wore when he was around you, knowing that he could draw you to him at any given moment.

While you had come to gain a good amount of knowledge about the bracelets, there was one thing you couldn't quite understand....Why would Writer put this on you? Wasn't he on your side? Didn't he want you to finish the story? How were you supposed to do that when you were chained to The God of Death's number one groupie?

No matter how many times you wracked your brain, you couldn't seem to come up with any kind of logical answer for his betrayal.

An exasperated sigh escaped your lips as you were roughly jerked forward once again, being pulled to an unknown location.

"Where exactly are you dragging me?" You spat out to the eager, bald man before you.

He sent you a glare in response, his stone cold eyes burning holes into your icy blue ones.

"My master has decided that it is high time he finally met you."

Your heart immediately sank to your feet at his words, Panic beginning to settle in your stomach.

Your hands began to shake uncontrollably at the thought of having to face the creature you had only seen in your nightmares.

Anubis.

From what you had heard, this god was unforgiving and cruel. You knew for a fact that he had been killing innocent people and turning them into undead creatures that were forced to submit to his will. He had taken people away from their families without a second thought...just so he could build some kind of "undead army".

Your stomach churned inside of you and your mouth became extremely dry. If this monster looked anything like he did in your dreams, you would be forced to stare at his disgusting, and unattractive face for the rest of eternity.

You could only imagine to torture that this...monster would put you through to ensure your submission. He would probably turn you into one of his many undead toys.

That would not be good.

Soft lights slowly managed to come into your vision, illuminating the dark hallway in which you were currently walking.

Aten pulled you along behind him, leading you into an extremely familiar room.

Your brows furrowed as you took in your surroundings.

You were in...the throne room?

You shook your head, blinking your eyes in confusion. Did you miss something?

How could you possibly be standing in the throne room right now? Last time you checked, you were underground..in a deep, damp cell, waiting to be taken to the hideous god of death.

Your blue eyes scanned around the room in confusion. It looked exactly the same.

Large, open walls, long sheath curtains blowing in the wind...and a golden throne placed directly in the center of the room.

Your head began throbbing. What was going on?

"Aten."

You jumped back at the loud voice that boomed through the air, echoing against the stone of the throne room.

The bald man smiled wickedly, casting his eyes to the throne.

"Yes, your highness?" he hissed out, casting his eyes to you momentarily. "I've brought the girl..just as you requested."

Your chest heaved in fear as you hesitantly moved to look at the seemingly empty throne, tongue darting out and dampening your chapped lips nervously.

"I can see that." The voice stated.

You tilted your head...this voice...it sounded..familiar.

"I also see that you have shackled her to you with that tacky trinket." The voice growled.

Aten's smiled dropped instantly, his eyes flashing to you.

"B-But your highness, she is constantly trying to escape us. She-"

"Escape? She is no prisoner. She is my guest and you will treat her as such!"

You watched as the bald man began to tremble in fear, nodding his head vigorously.

"Y-Yes, my lord. I am sorry. I will remove it."

You released a sigh of relief as the heavy, golden bracelet split in half and dropped onto the marble floor beneath you. Your hand instantly moved to your wrist, rubbing the raw skin.

"Your work here is finished." The voice stated. "Leave us."

Aten nodded his head, almost running our of the room before slamming the door shut.

You squeezed your eyes shut.

Holy mother of god.

Now you were alone with him.

You were stuck.

"I apologize for Aten's behavior. He can be a little..too literal sometimes."

An unattractive squeak left your lips as you jumped up in shock, surprised at the sudden proximity of the voice. You could feel his hot breath on your neck as he whispered those soft words.

Ever-so-slowly you turned to face Anubis, putting on the bravest face you could muster.

Taking a deep breath, you hesitantly opened your eyes, only to have them widen at the sight before you.

"T-Taehyung?"

A/N,

HI GUYS!!!

Sorry about the sucky chapter you just read, I was distracted while writing it.

I watched an instagram live today by theshiningmoons and it was the cutest thing ever!! She sang beautifully and if you're reading this girl, you have some real talent and I love you! <3

Watching her live made me want to do one of my own...sort of a Q&A/face reveal.....I'll probably do it later tonight or tomorrow...if you are interested in watching, go follow me on instagram @kimtaetae_lyfe.

Thank you.

I love you.

That is all.

-Max

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

898 17 16
"Why does she get all the stares from Hoseok? What's so special?" - A Jung Hoseok of BTS Fanfiction. - Created: January 9, 2018 Ended: January 14, 20...
326K 2.5K 51
Pregnancy series about BTS. I already have a Pregnancy series about Why Don't We before this Book started: 12/08/19
6.2K 552 37
Book 2 This time, no one knows what Jung Hoseok did exactly, but here's to hoping they don't die in the process of dealing with that mess.
200K 14K 26
BOOK 2 OF PAPER CRANES [COMPLETED] Maybe she finally decided to put herself first; maybe he finally learned what giving up meant. [ #188 in...