It's Really You (Newt Scamand...

By MaximoffScamander

There was only one man in the whole world that truly understood you, and he broke your heart. Little did you... More

Chapter 1: Hogwarts Express
Chapter 2: Shorting Ceremony
Chapter 3: Charms and Potions
Chapter 4: Herbology and Transfiguration
Chapter 5: Astrology and History of Magic
Chapter 6: Deffence Against The Dark Arts and Herbology
Chapter 7: Charms and Potions Vol. 2
Chapter 8: Friendship
Chapter 9: Care of Magical Creatures
Chapter 10: Care of Magical Creatures Vol. 2
Chapter 11: Care of Magical Creatures Vol. 3
Chapter 12: Fear and Loneliness
Chapter 13: Accident
Chapter 14: Trying To Move On
Chapter 15: New York
Chapter 16: MACUSA
Chapter 17: Mr. Kowalski
Chapter 18: Dinner
Chapter 19: Inside Newt's Case
Chapter 20: Inside Your Case
Chapter 21: The Niffler
Chapter 23: The Pentagram Office
Chapter 24: Interrogation
Chapter 25: Death Potion
Chapter 26: The Blind Pig
Chapter 27: The Demiguise and The Occamy
Chapter 28: Awkwardness, Talks and Songs
Chapter 29: Credence
Chapter 30: Grindelwald
Chapter 31: Goodbye, Jacob
Chapter 32: Rest

Chapter 22: The Erumpent

2.7K 88 55
By MaximoffScamander

Your P.O.V.

You, Newt and Mr. Kowalski hurried through the frost-covered park, shaking of the jewellery that got stuck to your coats in the process.

As you crossed the bridge, you almost got bowled over by an ostrich, which teared past you, running for its life.

A loud rumble was heard in the distance. You immediately recognised it. It was an Erumpent.

Suddenly, Newt tugged protective headgear out of his pocket, and handed it to Mr. Kowalski.

"Put this on." Newt said.

"Why... Why would I have to wear something like this?" Mr. Kowalski asked all confused.

"Because your skull is susceptible to breakage under immense force." You explained while looking at the entrance of the Central Park Zoo.

Without you knowing it, Newt used your distraction to once again admire you. Then Newt ran on and you followed him. Utterly terrified by your explanation, Mr. Kowalski put on the hat and chased after the two of you.

You, Newt and Mr. Kowalski ran up to the now half-empty zoo. You took time out to look at the damage. The outer walls of the zoo have been demolished in places. A large pile of rubble lied at the entrance.

Suddenly, another bellowing roar echoed around the brick building. Newt produced a body protector from inside of his extended coat pocket.

"Okay, if you just, uh, pop this on." He said.

Then Newt stood behind Mr. Kowalski, fastening the breastplate over him.

"Okay." Mr. Kowalski said once again in confusion.

"Now there's absolutely nothing for you to worry about." Newt assured him.

"Tell me, has anyone ever believed you when you told them not to worry." Mr. Kowalski asked Newt while you just stood there listening to their conversation.

You did believe Newt when he told you not to worry.

"Well, my philosophy is that worrying means you suffer twice." Newt said.

That's one wise philosophy.

Mr. Kowalski, however, digests Newt's 'wisdom'.

While they talked, you slowly started making your way to the entrance of the zoo. When Newt noticed it, he picked up his case and Mr. Kowalski followed him, stumbling over rubble and debris.

The three of you stood at the entrance to the zoo. A loud snort came from within. When you looked further inside, you finally noticed a big creature in the corner.

"She's in season. She needs to mate." Newt said.

Well, that wasn't very good.

The Erumpent, a large, rotund, rihno-like creature with a massive horn protruding from her forehead. Five times his size, she was nuzzling up against the enclosure of a terrified hippo.

Newt took out a tiny vial of liquid from his pocket. He pulled the stopper out with his teeth and spat it to the side before dabbing a spot of the liquid onto each wrist. By the smell, you immediately understood what that liquid was. Mr. Kowalski looked at Newt, the smell is pretty pungent.

"Erumpent musk, she is mad for it." Newt explained.

Then, Newt passed Mr. Kowalski the open vial and headed into the zoo.

When he walked around a huge cage with parrots, Newt placed his case down on the ground near the Erumpent and slowly, almost seductively, opened it.

It sure did spark some interest in you, and so you left Mr. Kowalski and walked, almost creeped to the side of the cage, to get a better view.

Newt began to perform a 'mating dance'. First, he let out a series of grunts, then wiggles, a few rolls and groans, to gain the Erumpent's attention.

But it sure seemed like you were the one who got seduced by Newt's performance. His moves were seductive, yet gentle.

Finally, the Erumpent turned away from the hippo, now she was interested in Newt. They faced each other, circled round, undulating weirdly. The Erumpent's demeanour was puppy-like, and her horn was glowing orange.

Newt then rolled along the floor, the Erumpent copied, moving nearer and nearer to the open case.

"Good girl... Come on... Into the case..." Newt said while standing still on his place.

While you stood there, charmed by Newt's performance, you did not notice how Mr. Kowalski took a sniff of the Erumpent musk. As he did so, a fish flew through the air and jolted him, spilling the musk.

Suddenly, the wind changed. Trees rustled. The Erumpent took a deep breath in - she now could smell the new, more powerful aroma coming from Mr. Kowalski.

When Mr. Kowalski looked around, he saw a seal sitting behind him looking guilty, before cheekily running away.

And then, when Mr. Kowalski turned back, he saw that the Erumpent was now on her feet, staring at him.

After you finally got out of your trance, you saw what was happening. You, Newt and Mr. Kowalski all looked at the Erumpent, realising what was about to happen.

Just a moment later, the Erumpent charged towards the source of the smell, bellowing madly. Mr. Kowalski wailed, running as fast as he can in the opposite direction. The Erumpent gave chase - they crashed through rubble and ice-ponds, before charging across the snow-covered park. And you of course, ran after them. However, when you ran across the park, you slipped and fell down on the ground, hitting your head.

Newt's P.O.V.

Suddenly, the Erumpent started chasing Mr. Kowalski. How stupid of me was to give him the open vial. I should have given it to Y/n. And why did I spat the stopper away in the first place?

Y/n ran after them so she won't let anyone get injured. That gives me time to rapair the damage, so I drew my wand out of my coat sleeve.

"Repar..."

Was all I managed to say before my wand was whipped out of my hand by a monkey, baboon I think, which ran off, clutching its prize.

"Mearlin's beard!" I said in frustration and ran after the monkey.

I was now face to face with the curious baboon, which examined my wand. Then I got an idea. I broke a bit of twig from a branch and held it out, trying to persuade the baboon to trade with me.

"They're exactly the same... Same thing." I tried to assure the monkey.

The baboon then shaked my wand. Oh, that's not good. I thought woriedly.

"No, no, no, don't!" I tried to warn it but it was too late for that.

My wand already 'went off', the spell knocking the baboon backwards. After that, the wand flew back to me.

"I'm so sorry..." I apologised.

Then, when I had my wand back I repaired the zoo. When I was finally done, I ran out of it hoping that no one got hurt. As I reached a snowy hill I immediately saw Mr. Kowalski and the Erumpent on the ice. But Y/n was nowhere to be seen.

Suddenly, when the Erumpent almost reached Mr. Kowalski, Y/n Apparated onto the ice, pushing Mr. Kowalski out of the way. That gave me just enough time.

Your P.O.V.

Mr. Kowalski, was tanking along the park, with the Erumpent close behind him.

Then he was trying to climb a tree, and he has ended up hanging precariously upside down from a branch.

"Newt! Y/n!" He bellowed, terrified.

The Erumpent was now below Mr. Kowalski. She lied on her back, wiggling her legs in the air invitingly.

Then she stood up on her feet. She charged towards the tree, digging her horn deep into the trunk. The tree bubbled with glowing liquid before exploding and crashing to the ground.

Mr. Kowalski was thrown off, rolling down a steep, snowy hill and onto the frozen lake below.

Your vision was blurry and you grabbed your head trying to stop it from spinning around. Then, suddenly, you felt pain in your lower tight. When you looked down you saw that you tripped and fell onto a sharp rock, which ripped your trousers and damaged your lower tight badly. And now the blood was pouring out of the wound. But with the help of the adrenaline, you stood up and examined the situation.

The Erumpent charged after Mr. Kowalski, hit the ice and skidded. When you saw that the Erumpent was just a few feet away from Mr. Kowalski, you quickly Apparated onto the icy lake, pushing Mr. Kowalski to the side. While the Erumpent was turning around, Newt came careering down the hill, also hitting the ice. He performed an athletic slide and held his case open. Mr. Kowalski tripped and was now sliding on the ice on his bottom while you were on your knees. The Erumpent was now mere feet away from you both when Newt's case swallowed her.

The three of you were panting on the ice from the previous action.

"Good show, Mr. Kowalski!" Newt said.

Very unexpectadly, Mr. Kowalski held out his hand for Newt to shake.

"Call me Jacob." He said.

Newt looked very surprised and even shocked. They shaked hands.

Then Jacob turned to you and you shaked hands too.

Newt hauled Jacob up and then turned to you. He offered you his hand to take, which you excepted, while blushing wildly. But when you stood up and all of your adrenaline was gone, you felt pain in your lower tight once again. As soon as you put some weight on the injured leg you started falling, but luckily Newt catched you.

"Y/n, you're bleeding!" Jacob said woriedly.

When you looked down you saw a bloody path on the ice from the place where you Apparated to the place where you now were standing.

Quickly by instinct, you pulled away from Newt.

"I can walk by myself." You said

But as soon as you did so you immediately started falling but Newt catched you, again.

"No, you clearly can't." He said woriedly.

After that Newt wrapped one arm around you holding you from the left. Jacob picked up your case and wrapped one arm around you from the right. You wrapped both of your arms around their shoulders to keep yourself steady. It gave you opportunity to stand only on the healthy leg.

And so the three of you slowly slipped and slided your way under the bridge.

"Well, two down, one to go." Newt said with a happy but also worried tone in his voice.

He let go of you and placed his case on the ice. Then he stood up and held you again.

"In you hop." Newt said motioning for Jacob to get inside.

After Jacob disappeared from your view, Newt carefully picked you up. He held your so gently as if you were made out of glass and could break from any touch. But his action made you blush.

Newt carefully carried you inside his case and closed the lid behind him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58K 2.9K 55
𝔹𝕆𝕆𝕂 πŸ™ | When an unforeseen attack from Grindelwald leaves Newt fighting for life, his five companions struggle to cope with the fact that the...
5.8K 206 14
Newt Scamander becomes infatuated with a woman he knows little about but what happens when they finally cross paths...
18.9K 583 15
You were the type of teenager that every other girl envied or aspired to be. Top grades, top best friend... you had it all. However, you also had a f...
30K 663 34
Welcome dear reader, you have reached a terrible demise. JK, welcome to the party! At your new job you meet a group of guys that change your life for...