Chapter 6: Deffence Against The Dark Arts and Herbology

Your P.O.V.

You and Newt were going down the halls of Hogwarts. Today is your first Deffence Against the Dark Arts lesson. Yesterday you and Newt talked to gargoyles at the castle. That was interesting. One of them even told you that you were the kindest people It has ever met. It was nice to hear but made you feel pity for the gargoyles.

"It's on third floor, right? Deffence Against the Dark Arts classroom?" Newt asked you while you both were going up the Staircase.

"Yes, classroom 3C."

Newt slightly nodded in response.

When you found and walked in to the classroom you saw that the student's desks where no where to be seen and students stood on the both sides of the room. Newt and you joined them in the corner.

Suddenly you heard the door open and saw a professor coming down the steps of what must have been his office. He was young, had a short beard. There was something about him. He had this vibe. It was welcoming, kind. The Professor had a smile on his face. You tilted your head to look at him. The second your eyes met you imidiatly looked away. Professor slightly chucled but you didn't notice.

"Hello, my fellow first years. Welcome to your first Deffence Against the Dark Arts lesson. I'm Professor Dumbledore. Today, we will be learning the Disarming Charm." He said and leaned against his table.

"It is not known who created the Disarming Charm. Some Wizarding historians claim that it may have been invented by Merlin himself, others claim that it's first widespread use was in Madagascar in the 11th century. Even if any of this is true, the fact remains that it was not very popular until 1379, when Elizabeth Smudgling - the most likely inventor, in the opinion of Miranda Goshawk - used it in a dueling contest in Dartmoor."

"The Disarming Charm lies at the heart of a good dueling technique. It allows the duelist to rebound an opponent's spell in the hope that the rebounded spell will strike the opponent and leave him or her vulnerable to further attack."- Miranda Goshawk

"The incantation of the Disarming Charm is Expelliarmus.

The Disarming Charm causes whatever an opponent is holding at the time - usually a wand - to fly high out of their reach.

The Disarming Charm always appears as a jet of red light, indeed, this is one of the things that makes it recognizable before the effects of the charm are seen. However, the intensity of the light appears to correspond to the strength of the spell as a weak/moderate one creates a small flash of white light whereas a more powerful version manifests as a bright jet of scarlet light. Another notable effect of the charm is that if multiple charms are used on the same target, the target will be disarmed, but at the same time will be blasted backwards."

Professor Dumbledore walked in the middle of the room.

"Now, we will practice this spell. Someone wants to try?"

Silence was the only thing you could hear right now.

"No one? Then I have to choose myself."

Professor Dumbledore looked at the students.

"Come here, miss." He motioned for a girl to join him.

"What is your name?"

"Leta LeStrange."

"Now, miss LeStrange needs a partner."

You got really intrigued by a painting on the wall.

"What about you, miss?" You heard Professor ask snapping you out of your thoughts.