Chapter 5: Astrology and History of Magic

Your P.O.V.

You were laying in your bed for a very long time because you couldn't sleep anymore. Now was around 5 in the morning. Understanding that you won't be falling asleep again you decided to finish your essay for Herbology.

Carefully, you crawled out of your bed and grabbed your already started essay slowly. Then you quietly tiptoed out of your dorm room not waking up the others. You walked down the steps and found yourself a comfortable place to sit at the Ravenclaw Common Room.

When you finally finished, slowly students stared to wake up. Suddenly you heard your stomach growl. You needed food. You made your way into your dorm room and changed from your pajamas into white button-up shirt, trousers, leather boots, vest, Ravenclaw tie and your robes. Then you grabbed your wand, placed it into your robe pocket and stared making your way to the Great Hall for breakfast.

There weren't many students there, yet. You were early. That was great. You quietly sat down at the end of the table and started eating. Today you are going to have your first Astrology lesson. Usually they begin when it is dark outside, but since you don't know anything about Astrology, for a few lessons you are going to learn the basic stuff like symbols.

When you finished eating you glanced at the Hufflepuff table. There you saw Newt sitting far away from other students with a book in one hand and a fork in another. You wanted to ask him about the Herbology essay. You rose from your seat and made your way toward Newt. He didn't seem to hear you so you tapped on his shoulder. Newt turned around too quickly, too suddenly making his book fall from his hand and on to the floor. You bent down and picked it up.

"Good morning." You said while examinating his book.

It was a Herbology book so you assumed that his essay is already done and he just wants to prepare for the next lesson.

Newt's P.O.V.

Suddenly I felt someone tap my shoulder and I turned around to see who it was not noticing the speed of my actions. My Herbology book flew out my hand and fell down on the floor. I looked up and saw Y/n. She bent down and picked it up. The situation made me blush the slightest and made me very uncomfortable.

"Good morning." Y/n said and handed me my book.

"Good morning. Thank you, Y/n."

I carefully took my book out of her hands and placed it on the table. Y/n sat down next to me.

"I just wanted to ask you about the Herbology essay. It is the only essay we didn't have time to write at the library." She said.

Merlin's beard. I absolutely forgot about it. Thanks Hogwarts that we don't have Herbology today. We have it tomorrow. And thanks Y/n of course.

"Thank you so much for reminding me, Y/n. I completely forgot about it."

"Well, you have one more day to write it."

"Yes, thanks to you.  Do you remember which class do we have next?"

"Astrology."

"Right. Come on then."

"I have to grab my books for todays lessons first.

"Me too. Let's meet at the Staircase."

"Okay." She said and went in the direction of the Ravenclaw Common Room.

While I was walking toward the Hufflepuff Common Room I thought about my friendship with Y/n. She was very much my first real friend. We have so much in common. She understands me and she doesn't get annoyed by me. When she says 'I hope you are not annoyed by my rambling.' it makes no sense to me. How can someone get annoyed by her. She is one of the smartest and kindest people I have ever met. I mentioned Y/n in my letters to my mother. She said that I'm very lucky to have a friend like Y/n. My mother was happy that I finally was friends with someone.