The Devil Likes Lemon Cupcakes

By KatRuby

This is not a story for the soft hearted. This is not a story for the closed mi... More

Kissed By The Devil
The Devil And My Toilet
The Devil And Misinterpretation
The Devil Gets Lonely In Hell
The Devil Likes My Collarbones
The Devil And Cheap Vodka
The Devil And Birthday Cake
The Devil Turns Human
The Devil Has A Sweet Tooth
The Devil and Grigori
The Devil And The Goodnight Kiss
The Devil And The Stars
The Devil In Wonderland
The Devil And Layla
The Devil And 666
The Devil Is A Perverted Jackass
The Devil I Do Not Like!
The Devil Is Not Here
The Devil In My Phone
The Devil...
The Devil And Deafening Silence
The Devil Has A New Screen-Saver
The Devil And Cupid's Bow
The Devil And Strawberries
The Devil And The Cold
The Devil And My Panther
The Devil And Demons
The Devil And His Demon Maid
The Devil And Montmartre
The Devil And Appetites Of The Soul
The Devil And His Love
The Devil And His Tragedies
The Devil And The Scarlet Dress
The Devil And Dancing
The Devil And Cake
The Devil And Lucija
The Devil And Me
The Devil And Caelestis
The Devil And The New Me
The Devil And Immortality
The Devil And Travel Jumping
The Devil And Music
Epilogue
Glossary
Author's Note

The Devil And The Inferno

24.2K 1.1K 173
By KatRuby

                                   »He found her most beautiful

                                 not when she was all fancied up,

                             but when she wasn't. When she was

                                    lying on a carpet, her hair

                             all a mess, laughing about something

                                  that had happened years ago.

                       When she wasn't trying to impress anyone,

                        and taken down that wall she built for most

                          people. That's when he couldn't take his

                                              eyes off of her.«

                                                  Unknown

We were caught in a mist of sweet tobacco and dim light, darkness was only broken by a few lit candles. Their flames crashed into crystal glasses and illuminated the surroundings. Orange of the brick walls faintly sneaked through the shadows, revealing what reminded of a wine cellar. Instead of simple chairs and tables there were wooden booths, its cushions covered in burgundy red velvet.

At the end stood a small stage, on it two musicians playing blue and magnetic music. Cellos from which the sound came from, looked like beasts tamed under their gentle hands. Music that they created ran through their bodies, showing its presence in each twitch of a muscle, each tap of a leg, each grimace that captured their face in an emotion. They were not like those musicians that learned music the same way they learned math – logical, with no emotion – those people always watched their fingers, making sure they didn't strike the wrong note. No, these two were one of the few that closed their eyes and let the art flood their minds, echo from their skeletons and burn their insides with stardust.

And the people...well, the people looked human. They had no horns, or tails, or wings, they just looked normal. And that was the scary part. To know that there are monsters among us, and they look just like us. They walk around in their flesh suits, which fit them perfectly. With masks on their faces and lies on their tongues. That was the scary part.

As we were escorted towards our booth a few glares pierced my skin. In their eyes, there was a difference between demonic and non-demonic, in their eyes. Something hidden.

Most of them drank red or byzantium purple liquid from crystal glasses, some of them even drank green. They lighted sugar cubes, leaving them to fall in bright green as they had melted away. A young woman was lying on one of the tables, covered with nothing but a few flowers to hide her privates. A dark haired man took her hand and sunk his fangs in the wrist. I stared at the narrow stream of crimson blood that escaped his hungry lips, and our eyes accidentally met.

He ran his thumb across his lip, wiping away the blood, matching my inquisitiveness with a smirk.

Lucifer obscured my view. »Looks can kill, you know.« He murmured in my ear and pushed me into the booth.

»What is that?« I whispered, glancing towards the table with the naked lady.

»Oh,« Said Salome. »it's nyotaimori. A version of it, if you will. It's basically a Japanese tradition of eating sushi off a perfectly still, naked woman's body, only in this case,« She showed towards her. »it's actually eating, or drinking the woman's body.«

»Is she a demon too?«

»No, she's...one of the fanatics. Or the Givers, as we call them. Thanks to increased interest in our, supposedly non-existing culture, we acquired a lot of fans. A few of them volunteer for stuff like this. Of course, afterwards they lose all their memory, but they don't need to know that.« Salome winked at me.

Lucifer passed me one of the black menus, engraved with silver writing. Some of the beverages sounded familiar, others I've never heard of.

Bloody Mary was one of a few I recognized. Only, fresh human blood was listed as one of the ingredients.

I also knew what absinth was, the green liquid with sugar cubes, although the name was completely random; Gargoyle Green.

Weeping Angel, Final Moment, Silver Bullet, Moonstruck and many more, had listed ingredients I've never heard of before.

»I don't recognize anything.« I murmured to myself.

»They're immortal version of cocktails, most ingredients are poisonous to humans.« Said Salome.

I laughed. »Why poisonous?«

»Technically, we're already quite dead. It doesn't kill us, it makes us feel, mostly pain.« She took red lipstick from her purse and placed another layer on those already full lips.

»Why would you want to feel pain?« I furrowed a brow.

Her lips made the popping sound when she smeared them together. »Sometimes, you just want to feel something again. Even if it's pain.«

»So, there's nothing for me here.« My voice sounded frustrated over a silly thing.

»No despair needed,« He leaned over me, striking me with that smell of light smoke. »here is something even you can enjoy.«

Virgin Bloodsucker.

Ingredients: Strawberry juice, chopped cherries and raspberries

»Hilarious,« I commented and read on. »Here's one named after you, Flames of Lucifer

»No, you don't want that!« They both burst out at almost exact time.

»It's just an alcohol ignited fire, you literally only drink the flame.« She replied. »I don't think your throat could handle it.«

Virgin Bloodsucker it is. »What will you have?« I asked my newest friend.

»Bloody Mary.«

»I thought you said you don't drink blood, unless directly from a human...«

»Yes well, it won't satisfy me, but because it's fresh it welcomes you with a tingly sensation. See, blood is the life force of all that lives, therefore it carries emotions, and as we drink it, we can sense them. We feel the last feeling that person had before he or she got bitten. Usually, that's fear. And drinking it out of a glass cannot compare to the real thing, but still, it's a tingly sensation

A very handsome waiter took our order, while flirting with Salome. I admit, I was a bit jealous because he didn't pay any attention to me, but she did drew your eyes in her direction.

I let the sweet and sour taste linger on my tongue for a few seconds before swallowing it. Music danced across my skin, mixing with what I tasted. Scent of tobacco teased my nose, sneaking inside me. It was as if all my senses at once watched a performance, a masterpiece of the Underworld.

I felt a gentle, but firm squeeze of another hand on mine, dragging me towards the dance floor. Salome was simply someone you couldn't refuse. With a smile on her lips, and a secret intention hidden in her blue eyes, she grabbed me by the waist and started moving my body together with hers.

Her skin felt cold against mine, and her stares made me blush, for her seductiveness had no end. I was mesmerized by jasmine perfume, and terrified to death of all the hungry eyes that penetrated my frail existence. I knew most of them, whatever they were, whoever they were, would sink their teeth into my flesh if only they got the chance. Salome was that kind of woman that you'd let to bruise your lips, only to taste one of her kisses.

I danced with her among the demons, breathing in everything. I danced in the flames of their curiosity, I danced the prologue to the unknown.

She was only a kiss away. I was drawn to her the way I was not able to explain. The heat between our bodies entwined, inviting me to fall and drink from her cupid's bow.

Somebody strong pulled me away from behind, breaking the spell. I needen't to turn around to know it was him. Lucifer's annoyed expression said everything, but Salome just laughed and continued dancing with the closest person.

Chapped fingertips gripped my chin and made me face his angry expression. »Having a bit too much fun with our gift, are we?«

»S...She,« I mumbled. »it's just something about her.«

»Oh?« His voice sounded a tone rougher than usually. »Are you aroused by the idea of something biting into your delicate skin,« By a stroke of a hand he moved a few locks of hair that tickled my neck. Lucifer pressed himself against me, placing one hand on my lower back, and with the other one he played with my hair. Hot breath caressed my ear as he spoke. »like a hungry animal? Or perhaps you are just hungry for something else?«

I shook my head.

We slowly danced, moving in the rhythm of cello strings. Lucifer breathed onto my lips. »Your raspberry cheeks tell me you are lying.«

Author's note: If anyone knows the author of this quote, please let me know. :) On the side is, as requested, a picture of Salome (who was a real historical person) - well, it's an actress that looks a lot like Salome did. Read, comment, vote if you like, love! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.5K 3.2K 21
❤️ #Chicklit #Humor #Romance #NewAdult The moment was profound. The moment was mine. The moment was all that I dreamt it could be. Little did I know...
297K 17.7K 26
"Why can't you just let your guard down for once and trust me?" Karen demanded angrily. His dark eyes blazed at her statement. "What, did I hit a s...
197 3 13
Despite the heartache and the heartbreak, the memories still linger. Memories of sweet whispers, tender touches and unbreakable promises. Memories of...
10.1K 1.2K 64
"You should go home," he mumbles, holding me still and straight so I don't fall down. "It's easy" I groan. His breath gets caught in his throat, "Wha...