The Final Hope - Transformers...

By babsgordon152

The third installment of the Transformers Prime Series. Amanda Beckett knew her place. She was a leader, a fr... More

Chapter One
Author's Note
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Conclusion
Author's Note

Chapter Ten

1.6K 59 24
By babsgordon152

Hey lovelies! New chapter for youuuuuu :)

Is anyone else still crying over Endgame? I watched it the day after it came out and the ending had me so happy and so sad at the same time. Honestly, it was such an epic finale to the Avengers. I have too many words to describe that movie that I can't even. I just wish one day I can write something that amazing.

Anyways, I won't keep you here too long. Enjoy the chapter!

[Amanda]

  I drove my Audi RS7 back to the military base after the BeckIT meeting, the only noise being the hum of the engine. I longed for my Mustang, this new car feeling foreign, but that was buried under the rubble of my garage. The Nevada desert was empty, letting me clear my mind as well. There was so much to think about that I couldn't really think about anything at the same time.

   As the military base neared in the distance, I sort of wished I had taken a longer route, just to bask in the silence some more. Still, I didn't want to be alone for a second more.

   Optimus... I need to talk to Optimus...

   The soldiers guarding the entrance nodded at me when I got to the gate, apparently recognizing me. Agent Fowler had once told me that most of the Nevada and surrounding military units had already known about me because of my mother, since we looked so similar. It was eerie to be remembered because of my dead mom, which tore me between being thankful for her looks or distressed.

   As I pulled into the Autobot base after maneuvering through the military personnel, I spotted the Autobots gathered around the platform where Agent Fowler and Finn were standing, seeming to give them information.

   "Satellite surveillance has picked up two signs of Decepticon activity," Finn was saying as I got out of my Audi after parking it near the base's entrance. "One near an oilfield outside of El Paso, the other near the Hebrides bluffs in Scotland."

   "So don't forget to pack you kilts," Agent Fowler added, his tone serious. I tried not to smirk as a look of confusion passed over Optimus' face briefly before he got serious.

   "We must divide our resources," He turned to the commander. "Ultra Magnus, lead the Wreckers to the bluffs."

   The commander nodded. "Yes Optimus." Then he lowered his voice. "Uh, what's a kilt?"

   Optimus glanced down at me, saw the laughter on my face, then looked back up at Ultra Magnus. "Agent Fowler can, at times, be oblique. I find it best to simply nod and mobilize."

   That made me laugh, but I quickly caught myself before I took away from the seriousness of the situation.

   Ultra Magnus nodded again. "Bulkhead, Wheeljack, let's roll."

   Wheeljack groaned quietly, but followed as he, Bulkhead, and Magnus headed towards the ground bridge, until the commander stopped in front of the Forge of Solus Prime, which rested against the wall.

   "Optimus, I know there are many emotions tied to the Forge," he began.

   The Prime looked down at me again, and I nodded encouragingly.

   "There is no time to stand on ceremony," he said to his commander.

   "I would be honored to put this to some practical use," Ultra Magnus said, hefting the forge.

   Ratchet opened the ground bridge, and the Wreckers left first. Optimus took Smokescreen and Bumblebee with him to El Paso, gave me an acknowledging look, and then quickly following after. Soon, the base was quiet again. I headed up the platform stairs, eyes trained on Ratchet's computer.

   "How are the satellite feeds holding up?" I asked, leaning over the railing to see the medic's screens.

   "Very well, actually," he said. "They managed to pinpoint the exact coordinates of the Decepticons in record times. I believe they are more powerful than those we used to have access to."

   I nodded. "I've been working on a new prototype that should be even better. I'll send you the specs so you and Raf can look it over. Let me know if there's anything to be improved upon and all."

   Ratchet looked surprised. "Another satellite?"

   "Well, yeah. Always looking to improve, right? Besides, I've got the means to do it, so why not?"

   He shrugged. "Humans just seemed... slow at technological improvements."

   I raised an eyebrow. "Humans are working at a perfectly fine speed, thank you very much."

   "I'll look over your plans," he said, ignoring my comment. "There are a few features I would like to ensure are installed before we replace our current system."

   "Have fun," I waved and headed towards Finn, who was making a face. "What's up?"

   "How do you have time for all this?" He asked, and I gave him a questioning look. "I mean, the rebuilding of Jasper, the team, your resources are stretched pretty thin."

   I shook my head. "Not really. I'm just coordinating a few things. There are lots of other people doing the hard work."

   "If you say so," he didn't sound convinced, but didn't linger on the topic. "How did the meeting go today?"

   That made an inevitable smile creep across my face. "Building starts tomorrow."

   "That's great!" He grinned. "Congrats, A! This is big!"

   "Indeed it is," Agent Fowler joined us, putting a hand on my shoulder. "Congratulations, Amanda. Your mom would be proud."

   I smiled. "Thanks guys. I'm just glad things worked out in the end. I'll have to let the people of Jasper know that things are underway, but other than that we can rest assured that Jasper will be rebuilt within two months."

   "That's fantastic," Finn's grin didn't falter. "Where's construction going to start?"

   "I told the board to start with the homes, so people can at least have their own places again. Then we'd move to the businesses and public buildings. The last places on the list are the recreation places, since those aren't really needed immediately."

   Agent Fowler nodded in approval. "Sounds like you've got this all under control."

   I gave him a joking smile. "Well, I've been thinking about this project day and night, I sure hope so!"

   They both gave me another smile, before Agent Fowler's phone beeped. He checked his screen and nodded firmly at Finn. "Got the general on the line."

   Finn turned to me, giving me an apologetic look. "We've got to deal with this."

   I nodded. "I understand. Go deal with the boss."

   They both headed towards their office, leaving me on the platform. I decided to grab my laptop and I opened up the final documents for the construction of Jasper, taking up my spot in my claimed nook. There were so many different moving parts to this operation; one wrong move and things could go really wrong really quickly. Just as I opened up the field reports, my vision flashed silver.

   "You are not very wise, little goddess. You make it easy for me to find you. Even your Prime cannot protect you for long."

   I almost fell out of my nook, suddenly breathless. A quick look around me told me that Ratchet was still occupied with his screen, and no one else was there to see my sudden panic. Still, I wasn't able to dwell on it for too long, as Ratchet's screens flashed red. I hurried over to the platform railing.

   "What's going on?" I demanded.

   "There seems to have been several explosions at the oil field," The medic said, typing as fast as he spoke. "No one looks hurt, as they are currently in pursuit of Shockwave."

   I deflated in relief, then felt a harsh tugging within me. "Something's not right."

   Ratchet furrowed his brow, clicking on the icons of the three Autobots on the scene. "Bumblebee and Smokescreen are down. Optimus is avoiding... Soundwave."

   My eyes widened. "Soundwave is there?!"

   "All three Autobots are down," Ratchet continued, clearly stressed. "Soundwave, no Laserbeak, seems to have disabled Optimus' jetpack."

   I stepped back, closed my eyes and reached out to the Prime with my powers, luckily still feeling him at the end of our link. "He'll be okay. What about Soundwave and Shockwave? Are they still on the scene?"

   If there's a chance I can jump in-

   "Shockwave is currently in combat with Smokescreen and Bumblebee, and Optimus is up again-" Ratchet suddenly deflated, disappointment crossing his face. "The Decepticons travelled through their ground bridge. It would appear they have what they went for."

   Damn it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.8K 267 20
The discovery sends waves of horrible emotions through him. The Autobots are all dead. He remembers. The human companions are all dead. Earth is C...
136K 4.2K 45
The sequel to 'Scars Don't Heal - Transformers Prime'. Amanda Beckett had changed. She became a leader, a friend, and something she never imagined. J...
54.9K 1.4K 98
The story about a young woman that her cousin works for the army and she gets a surprise visit while she's in school and she has to leave school Bc h...
1.6K 9 4
A story of two young ladies name Sapphire and Thalia and along with their baby sister name Athena and they used to have a normal life in Oregon. Afte...