REMEDY ⇢ STILINSKI

By deathlyhallhoes

"You don't get it, Brooke. We need you. You're the remedy to all our problems." How Brooke Moore's life went... More

PART ONE
zero
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
PART TWO
zero
one
two
three
hello
five
six a
six b
seven
eight
nine
ten

four

2.6K 75 1
By deathlyhallhoes

CHAPTER FOUR:

SHAPE SHIFTED, PART TWO

As soon as Brooke pulled up to the abandoned subway station Derek was storming out and walking towards his Camaro. She switched cars and tried to calm Derek down as he drove and explained the situation—the police had shown up at lacrosse practice, Gerard Argent was apparently the new principal, and Stiles had texted her saying that Jackson was questioned by the police. Mid-explanation she quickly realized Derek was driving back to the school.

As they pulled up, a police car was driving away with Isaac in the back. Brooke felt her heart break as they made eye contact. She tried her best to give him an encouraging smile. The Camaro pulled to a stop in front of Scott.

"Get in," Derek said through the rolled down window. Brooke start unbuckling her seatbelt so Scott could climb in the back.

"Are you kidding?" Scott asked. He pointed at the cop car driving away "That's your fault."

"I know that," Derek said looking down. "Now get in the car and help us."

"Us?" Scott asked, his eyes trailing to Brooke with a look of disbelief. He shook his head. "No, I'm going to call a lawyer because that's the only way he could possibly get out before tonight."

"Not after they do a full search of the house," Derek replied.

"What do you mean?"

"Look, Scott," Brooke began. "I don't know what Jackson told the police, but whatever is in the house is worse. A lot worse."

The look on Scott's face told Brooke all she needed to know. She got out of the car and pushed the passenger seat forward, Scott climbing in silently as they drove off.

******

Scott was led into the Lahey house by the pair of cousins in front of him. He questioned them as the flashlight in his hand moved around the living room.

"If Isaac didn't kill his father, who did?" Scott asked.

"We don't know yet," Derek answered.

"How do you know he's telling the truth?"

"Because I trust my senses." Derek guided him towards the back of the house. "All of them; not just my sense of smell."

Scott stopped walking an avoided eye contact out of embarrassment. "You saw the lacrosse thing today."

"Yeah."

Scott looked at Brooke. "Did it really look that bad?"

"Oh, yeah," Brooke answered nonchalantly, continuing their trek towards the basement.

"What's down there?" Scott asked.

"Motive," Derek simply answered.

Brooke put her hand in front of the door, causing the other two to pause. "Are you sure this is a good idea?" she asked, knowing Isaac wouldn't want secrets about his personal life being spread. The look on Derek's face made her move her hand.

"What am I looking for?" Scott asked. He entered the basement alone as Brooke and Derek remained at the top of the steps.

"Follow your senses," Derek answered.

"What happened down here?"

Brooke looked down into the basement with sad eyes. "The kind of thing that leaves an impression."

Scott bent down in front of an empty freezer, fingers touching the unlocked lock. Derek entered the basement, but Brooke stayed upstairs, not wanting to see the nail scratches on the inside of the freezer again.

"Open it," Derek commanded. Scott did so, gathering what the freezer had been used for.

"This is why he said yes to you," Scott realized.

"Everyone wants power," Derek answered with a shrug.

Brooke's phone went off, and she pulled it out to see Stiles calling her.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Where are you?" Stiles asked quickly.

"I'm at Isaac's house with Scott and Derek, why?"

"Allison just saw a hunter leave her house dressed as a deputy. He was carrying a box with Wolfsbane on the side."

"Shit," Brooke cursed, running a hand through her hair. "Okay, um, I'll try and get them to hurry."

"Allison is going to try and slow him down. I'm on my way to the police station," Stiles told her. She could hear the sound of another car honking at him.

"Okay, can you swing by here first?" Brooke asked. 

"Yeah," Stiles answered. "Of course. Wait, does that mean Derek's coming?"

"Yes. Just please, please stay safe."

On the other side of the phone, Stiles gulped at the emotion in her voice. "You too."

Brooke quickly ended the call and turned back towards the basement. She made it halfway down the stairs before she overheard the argument between the two werewolves.

"And you're the idiot dating Argent's daughter!" Scott looked at him in surprise, and then to Brooke with betrayal. "She didn't have to tell me. You aren't too good at hiding your secrets. How long do you think it's going to take them to find out? You saw what happens to an omega. With me, you learn how to use all of your senses. With me you learn control—even on a full moon."

"If I'm with you—I lose her," Scott said.

Brooke spoke up from her spot on the stairs. "You're gonna lose her anyway, Scott. Derek, we need to go."

The Alpha looked at her and nodded, beginning to walk away before Scott stopped him.

"Wait," he called. "I'm not part of your pack, but I want him out. He's my responsibility too."

"Why? Because he's one of us?" Derek asked.

"No, because he's innocent," Scott responded.

"While that's really honorable, Scott, we need to leave. Like, now," Brooke ushered the two werewolves up the stairs.

As the cousins were making their way out of the Lahey house, Scott grabbed onto Brooke's shoulder.

"What?" she asked.

"If I'm going to lose Allison, what does that mean for you and Stiles?" Scott asked. Brooke looked at the floor momentarily and then back at him.

"There's nothing to lose," she said simply, pulling her shoulder out of his grasp and walking away. Scott watched her do so, pretending he didn't hear her heart skip as she lied.

Brooke and Derek waited outside until Stiles' jeep pulled up in front of them and they quickly got in the car, Stiles driving away before any of the neighbors could spot them.

The drive to the police station only took minutes. Stiles pulled into a parking spot he and turned to tell them his plan.

"Okay, so the keys to every cell are in a password protected lockbox in my father's office," he began. "The problem is getting past the front desk."

The three looked through the window at the woman watching the front door. Derek nodded and simply said, "I'll distract her."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, you're not going in there," Stiles grabbed onto his jacket as he tried to get out of the jeep. Derek looked down at the hand on his jacket. "I'm taking my hand off."

"He was exonerated," Brooke reminded Stiles, leaning forward between the two seats. Stiles looked back and forth between the two.

"Yeah, well he's still a person of interest."

"An innocent person of interest," Derek clarified.

"You? Ha! Right," Stiles laughed sarcastically. Brooke leaned forward and smacked him on the shoulder. "Okay, fine. What's your plan?"

"To distract her," Derek simply said.

"How? By punching her in the face?" Stiles asked. Brooke leaned forward and socked his shoulder again.

"No, by talking to her," Derek answered.

"Okay, what are you gonna open with?" Stiles questioned him. Brooke and Derek just stared at him. Stiles looked back and forth between the two. "Dead silence? That should work beautifully. Any other ideas?"

"I'm thinking about punching you in the face."

"God, me too," Brooke agreed with her cousin, rubbing one of her temples gently. Stiles made a sound of betrayal as he looked back at her. Derek just rolled his eyes and hopped out of the car.

Brooke climbed into the front seat as the two teenagers waited for Derek to do his part. As Brooke was peering into the building from her seat, Stiles looked over at her with frown on her face.

"Are you okay?" He asked her. Brooke looked over at his sudden question.

"Yeah," she said. "Why?"

"I don't know, you've just been a little distant recently," Stiles answered honestly. Brooke looked at her lap and then back at him with sad eyes.

"I know, I'm sorry," She apologized. "There's just been a lot going on recently."

"Yeah," Stiles agreed. "But you know I'm always here to help, right?"

Brooke looked over at the genuine expression on his face and couldn't help herself. She leaned across the jeep and kissed him gently, pulling away before he got the chance to respond.

"I know," she answered. "Now let's go save a werewolf."

She got out of the car and walked towards the police station, Stiles clumsily following after her. Blush covered his face as they neared the entrance and peeked inside. Stiles grabbed Brooke's hand and pulled her into the sheriff's office as Derek flirted with the female officer at the front desk.

Stiles immediately went to the lockbox and entered the password, but a curse escaped his mouth as he realized it was empty. The two quickly made a plan and split up in order to find Isaac or the keys.

Brooke was making her way towards the deputy's desks when the fire alarm went off. She immediately ran back to the holding cells and found Stiles being dragged down the hall by a police officer with an arrow sticking out of his leg and a syringe in his hand.

She ran towards the two jumped on the fake deputy's back, putting him in a headlock until he released Stiles. The hunter let him go and focused on the teenager girl on his back, swinging her around as violently as he could. Brooke quickly moved on of her arms to escape getting stuck by the syringe, giving the man the opportunity to escape.

All three of them raced into the room with the holding cells, only time find them all empty. Out of nowhere, Isaac came running at them. Brooke pushed Stiles out of the way and ducked as the werewolf landed on the hunter.

The hunter angled the syringe towards Isaac and Brooke jumped in between them, sending the Wolfsbane clattering to the floor. Isaac violently pushed Brooke out of the way, his claws scratching into her right arm. He quickly knocked the hunter unconscious and turned towards Stiles.

Brooke made her way towards the Beta, but Derek walked into the room. He stepped on the syringe causing it to shatter and placed himself between Stiles and the wild beta. Isaac took a threatening step forward, but Derek let out a threatening roar that caused the beta to back into the wall and hide himself submissively.

"How did you do that?" Stiles asked Derek.

Derek turned back with a smirk on his face. "I'm the Alpha."

Brooke ran to the now-human Isaac that was cowering on the ground. She placed a comforting hand on his arm and Stiles couldn't help but feel the jealousy rise in his throat.

"Derek," the blonde said. "We need to get him out of here. Now."

Stiles quickly pushed himself up from the ground. "Whoa, you guys just can't leave with him."

Brooke wrapped one of Isaac's arms around her shoulder and walked him towards Derek. The Alpha threw the weak beta over his back and the three started to leave.

Stiles grabbed Brooke's arm as she walked by, but she just shook it off. "This isn't something up for discussion, Stiles."

"You'll-- you'll come back, right?" Stiles asked.

"Yeah," Brooke looked at him with gentle eyes. "Of course."

With that, she followed her cousin as they escorted the young fugitive out of the station, leaving Stiles to come up with an explanation on his own.

******

double update because why not

vote, comment, and share !!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.8K 2.5K 22
in which Meilani McCall's werewolf problems only get worse after Derek becoming the new alpha of Beacon Hills (Teen Wolf) (Stiles Stilinski xo fem!oc...
68.5K 1.5K 16
Sour wolves, werewolf best friends, high school, monsters in the woods, hunters for family, mean girls, and the constant sarcasm of Stiles Stilinski;...
15.5K 131 8
Teen Wolf Madelyn Stilinski, the younger twin sister of Stiles. Love, emotions, hormones, sex, drama. A normal teen life. But what about the supern...
21.7K 697 79
I've got no use for moonlight Or sappy poetry Love at first sight's for suckers At least it used to be Look, girls are nice, once or twice Till I fin...