Learning to love myself (A Jo...

By NaeNae090

After living in an abusive home for 10 years, Elizabeth is adopted by..... Josh Hutcherson. Josh slowly teac... More

Part 1 Chapter 1 Before
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Author's Note
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Author's Note
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Author's Note
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Part 2 Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Authors Note
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Final Note
Additional Note

Chapter 18

322 8 8
By NaeNae090

Josh's P.O.V

I began to worry about Elizabeth's safety when I saw Jennifer come out of the bathroom without her.

"Where's Elizabeth?" I asked running upto her.

"She's gone to stay at Willow's and have some girl time," Jennifer replies, simply.

"Jen! I asked you to bring her to me so I can apologise for not telling her why I adopted her!" I nearly yelled.

"Josh..... She's upset, just give her some time,"

"Fine!" I nearly yelled, again.

I ran to my car and drove to Willow's. I knew where she lived because I occasionally dropped her off if her mum and/or dad had to work.

I pulled up in front of the simple cottage-like house and raced to the front door. I knocked, stood back then waited. Carrie eventually answered the door.

"Josh! What do I owe this pleasure?"

"I need to speak to Elizabeth and/or Willow,"

"Ok, come in, I'll go grab them,"

She guided me to the lounge room and then ran to grab the girls.

When they finally returned, the first thing I noticed was Elizabeth's tear stained face.

"I'll leave you three alone," said Carrie getting up to leave.

"Elizabeth, I am so, so sorry I didn't tell you earlier!" I nearly screamed.

"It's alright Josh, I should've told you too,"

"Told me what?"

"My mum died in a car crash and my dad then became an alcoholic and began to abuse me. He burnt, scratched and beat me with a hammer multiple times. Every time he was s.... sober he took me to the hospital had me checked out, but when the doctor asked me if I had been abused I shook my head saying I f... fell, I was s... so scared of what dad would do to me if I slipped up and told the doctor,"

She began to cry her heart out.

"Elizabeth, I am so sorry, I didn't realise! Come here," I grabbed her by the waist and let her cry on my shoulder, "Elizabeth, you are beautiful, intelligent, strong and I would never let anyone hurt you,"

"D..... Do you mean that?" she looked up at me with her big blue eyes.

"Yes, I do," I said looking into her eyes, I cupped her face and then kissed her, gently on the lips, then leaned my forehead against her.

"Ok, I'll give you two some privacy!" I heard Willow say.

"Elizabeth, I've loved you from the second I laid my eyes on you,"

"No-one's loved me s... since my dad...." I cut her off with another kiss, this time a bit stronger.

"Ok, I need to go home now, have fun with Willow, I'll pick you up late tomorrow afternoon, 'kay?"

She simply nodded her head.

It was true, I did love her, with all my heart, to the moon and back and from the moment I laid eyes on her....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Hum For Tum By sushi

Teen Fiction

181K 13.7K 34
♡ This is an Indian highschool lovestory, full of love, drama, comedy, romance and more; where two school toppers, Aarohi: the sweet and bubbly girl...
MIRACLE By Ara

Teen Fiction

323K 11.8K 45
"My mother named me Miracle, but I am anything but a miracle in her and our family's life. I am a mistake. I am a product of a heinous crime." Miracl...
8.4K 73 7
Read this story to see the struggles of your coach leaving you to an uptight school and finding out your boyfriend made varsity. And what it's like w...
130K 3.7K 15
"We want you to know that we all love you, and we mean more than just friends." "But we all can't have you." "So, you could make a choice." "Whoever...