Maybe Perfect

By emmaroseszalai

Sophie Campbell is a seventeen year old senior at Jackson High that also holds down a part-time job at the lo... More

1: Maybe Perfect
2: Maybe Perfect
3: Maybe Perfect
4: Maybe Perfect
5: Maybe Perfect
6: Maybe Perfect
7: Maybe Perfect
8: Maybe Perfect
9: Maybe Perfect
10: Maybe Perfect
11: Maybe Perfect
12: Maybe Perfect
13: Maybe Perfect
14: Maybe Perfect
15: Maybe Perfect
16: Maybe Perfect
17: Maybe Perfect
18: Maybe Perfect
20: Maybe Perfect
21: Maybe Perfect
22: Maybe Perfect
23: Maybe Perfect
24: Maybe Perfect
25: Maybe Perfect
26: Maybe Perfect
27: Maybe Perfect
28: Maybe Perfect
29: Maybe Perfect
30: Maybe Perfect
31: Maybe Perfect
32: Maybe Perfect
33: Maybe Perfect
34: Maybe Perfect
35: Maybe Perfect
36: Maybe Perfect
37: Maybe Perfect
38: Maybe Perfect
39: Maybe Perfect
40: Maybe Perfect
41: Maybe Perfect
42: Maybe Perfect
43: Maybe Perfect
44: Maybe Perfect
Epilogue: Maybe Perfect

19: Maybe Perfect

300K 5.9K 1.3K
By emmaroseszalai

Chapter 19

The following day I remembered that I had promised both Piper and Blake that we would have a sleepover so I called them both up around two in the afternoon telling them that they could come over any time after three thirty.

While I waited for my friends to arrive, I hung around with Max and Kara before they left tomorrow to go back to school. I realized that even though Kara was Max’s first girlfriend, he seemed to really like her and without a doubt she returned the feelings.

When I had a couple minutes alone with Kara when Max was upstairs I decided to ask her a question that had been playing on my ming since last night.

“Hey Kara?” I asked, getting her attention.

“Hmm?” she replied, curiously and looking interested.

“Well, umm, I was just wondering what you feel when you’re around my brother?” I asked nervously.

Kara smiled at me. “I guess you could say I feel bright. Whenever I’m with him I always feel happy and I feel the stereotypical butterflies in my stomach. My knees go weak when he smiles at me and whenever we’re together there’s never anything else that matters. I guess you could say that it’s love.” she explained, quieting down near the end.

My eyes bulged slightly as I head the ‘L’ word. “Wait, you love him?”

Kara looked at me shyly and nodded. “Yea, I really do. He’s sweet, amazing and the best thing I could ask for… just don’t tell him any of that because I haven’t exactly told him how I feel about him yet.” she explained, silently begging me with her eyes to keep quiet.

I nodded. “Yea, sure, of course.”

“So,” Kara went on, “is there a reason for this sudden question or was it just random?” she asked with a slight smirk. My eyes immediately cast downwards and I felt heat rush to my cheeks. “Oooh, there’s gossip here, spill it.”

I looked up at her and sighed. “Well, the guy I’ve been hanging around with is really sweet but I don’t know if I like him as anything more. We’ve been friends for about a month and it’s been fun and I’ve loved it but I’ve been thinking lately that maybe there’s something more there. I mean, last night when he took me out with his friends, he was being really adorable; holding me close, teasing me, and dedicating a song to me.” I explained while Kara let out a quiet ‘aww’. “And when he dropped me off he kissed my cheek before leaving and I felt something other than friendship.”

Kara smiled at me and nodded. “I know exactly how you feel. Before Max and I got together I wasn’t really looking for a boyfriend, but as we got to know each other and I saw how sweet he was, I began to realize that maybe the reason I didn’t want a boyfriend was because I hadn’t found the right guy yet. When Max asked me out I went out with him because I was starting to like him as more than a friend and I saw that even with his shy personality, he was willing to put his heart and our friendship on the line to put his feelings out there. Ever since I never regretted my decision and I’m happily in love with him.” she explained, smiling with love in her eyes.

“He just doesn’t know that yet.” I pointed out slyly.

“Yea.” she said, blushing slightly.

“So, what should I do if something happens between us when I’m not sure of my feelings? Jett is one of the nicest, sweetest and most attractive guys I have ever met and I don’t know what to do.” I said.

“Well, wait it out if you’re not sure, but if he asks you out and you know that you might like him; take the chance – you might find something there that will last a lifetime.” she said, finishing just as Max came hurdling down the stairs.

“Do you mind if I steal my girlfriend away for a while?” he asks me, while offering Kara a hand up from her seat beside me on the couch.

I shake my head. “Nope, Piper and Blake are coming over soon so you guys can have your own fun, just not too much fun.” I say teasingly as he glares back at me while Kara stifles her giggles into Max’s shoulder.

“Oh really, well do you want Piper to know about your little conversation with Kara here, or would you like me to keep that to myself?” he asked, smirking at me and kissing Kara on the head.

My eyes bulged while Kara threw herself away from Max. “What?!?” we both screeched, realizing he had been eavesdropping on our conversation.

At first I really didn’t catch on to why Kara was so mortified but then it hit me… Max had heard her say that she loved him.

“You were eavesdropping?” Kara asked quietly, blushing like mad and not even looking Max in the eye.

Max turned to her and smiled while walking up to her and wrapping his arms around her. When Kara still wouldn’t look him in the eyes, he tilted her chin up and looked her in the eyes. “I love you too.” he stated before planting his lips onto her.

In my head, I was really happy that my brother had found somebody amazing for himself but as they started kissing a little more heavily, I was getting grossed out. “Okay, okay kids, why don’t you leave that kind of stuff for private.” I said, clapping my hands to get their attention as they pulled apart.

They were both smiling like idiots at each other before Max turned to face me. “Get used to it.” he said, kissing Kara one last time before walking towards the front door hand in hand.

Before they reached the door, it opened by itself as both Piper and Blake strolled in like they owned the place, carrying sleeping bags, pillows and a bunch of candies.

Piper stopped short when she saw Kara and Max and raised one of her eyebrows. “Well, it’s nice to see you with a shirt on this time Max.” she stated as Blake raised an eyebrow.

Max’s face turned slightly pink as Kara’s head turned from me to Blake. “Are you Jett?” she asked Blake, leaving me speechless.

Blake turned to me before answering Kara with a laugh. “Nope, I don’t know what stories Sophie’s told you about her secret lover but that’s not me… I swing the other way.” he said, before introducing himself. “I’m Blake and you must be Maxy’s girlfriend.”

Kara and Blake shook hands while Max was still standing there looking embarrassed. “Okay, well, now that you are all acquainted with one another, Kara and I are leaving for a while so you guys have the house to yourselves until Mary and Dennis get back. Have fun guys.” he said, not even waiting for a reply as he pulled Kara out of the house behind him.

“Well Max certainly did well for himself.” Blake stated, referring to Kara.

I rolled my eyes and nodded. “Yea, she’s great and you guys just missed the cutest thing when they said they loved each other a second ago, it was adorable.” I said, genuinely happy for my older brother.

Piper smiled at me but I saw the strange glint she had in her eyes when she looked at me. “So, when did you start becoming a fan of romance, could a certain somebody be to blame?” she asked mischievously, but I decided that the topic of my non-existent love life could wait until a littler later.

I dodged the question by looking around the living room in shock. “Well, I almost forgot to bring the blankets and movies down here, I’ll just head up to my room and grab them while you guys make yourself at home.” I replied, waving my arms around the room while walking towards the stairs.

“Nice question dodge!” Piper yelled at me as I walked up to my room.

“Thank you!” I replied teasingly.

I grabbed a couple of woolly blankets and comfy pillows from my bedroom before going to pick up a couple of DVD’s from my shelf. I grabbed Sherlock Holmes, Dear John and Clash of the Titans, placing them onto of my pile of blankets before carefully heading back downstairs.

When I returned to the living room, Piper and Blake had pushed the coffee table to the side of the room and pushed back the main sofa slightly so there was room for us to lie down. They had set up their sleeping bags and opened all the candy and sweets they brought, putting them all in separate bowls. There was a bowl of M&M’s, salt and vinegar chips, ketchup chips, gummy worms and then, to top it all off, there was a pile of chocolate bars to the side along with three containers of Ben and Jerry’s ice cream.

I dropped the blankets at my feet. “Wow, you guys really brought a bunch of shit with you.” I said in awe.

Piper and Blake laughed as they placed the blankets and pillows that I had brought from my bedroom on the floor to make us as comfortable as possible. I had helped them at the end, once I called the pizza delivery guy and order three medium pepperoni pizzas.

I sat down on the floor where Piper and Blake were currently chatting. “So… what are we talking about?” I asked curiously.

Blake rolled his eyes and leaned back on his hands. “What do you think, this girl had a date with Jay last night and it’s all she’s talking about.” he stated teasingly.

Piper blushed slightly while I smiled at her. “Yea, I forgot about that, how did the date go?” I asked her; happy that my best friend had finally gotten the guy she’s been after for so long.

She smiled at me and gushed, “It was so amazing; Jay is so sweet. He took me to this really cute restaurant that was cheap but the food was delicious. It was a little western place and when we were done eating, there was a band playing and everybody got up and danced. He said because we both loved dancing he thought that it would be a great place to take me.”

“Well, I’m happy for you.” I stated, leaning over slightly to give her a hug. “Jay’s a lucky guy because he has you as a girlfriend.”

When she pulled back she smiled at me. “Thanks, but you’re not off the hook yet little missy.” she said, taking her arms from around me and placing her hands on her hips. “How did your night go last night?”

I knew that as soon as she asked that question my cheeks heated up and turned read because she squealed. “Ooohhh… what happened?!” she screeched, really getting excited over nothing.

I looked at her and smiled, deciding that telling them the truth was better than keeping it inside. I had been cautious about telling them anything about Jett before but I came to realize; these two were my best friends and they wouldn’t judge me or tease me if it actually hurt my feelings. “He picked me up and instead of going straight to the café, he took me on a really nice ride around the outskirts of town because he knew that I liked to ride on his bike.” I said, getting cut off by Blake.

“Wait, bike?” he questioned, and it was then that I realized I never mentioned to them that Jett owned a motorbike.

I smiled sheepishly. “Haha, yea, did I forget to mention that Jett rode a motorbike?” I asked.

Piper slapped me playfully. “He rides a motorbike! That is so hot girl!” she said, nudging me suggestively.

At her comment I simply rolled my eyes.  “Yea yea. Anyways, it was really beautiful because I could see the natural beauty of the environment and he drove slowly so we weren’t rushed. Then, when we got to the café, we just lounged around in the back with his friends who were fun and the food there was delicious. When we actually went out to watch the show we squeezed into a booth and Jett put his arm around me because I was on the end and would’ve fallen out if he hadn’t.” I explained, putting my hand up to stop Piper from commenting until I was finished my story. “We sat like that as his friends teased us and stuff until the show started. There were a bunch of great performers and Jett was the finale. He umm, dedicated his performance to me and sung Wonderwall and One Thing and he was amazing. I think the best part of the night was when he drove me home and kissed my cheek at the door before driving away.” I said, recounting my night with a small blush on my face.

“AWWW!” Piper exclaimed, hugging me to her chest as I laughed at her. “You totally like him and he totally like you too! Who would dedicate a performance to a girl that they just met recently if he didn’t have feelings for her?” she asked hypothetically. “When you guys finally get together I will tell you ‘I told you so’ because I totally called it the first day of the term.”

I shook my head and smiled. “I’m not making any moves towards him and I’m not so sure of my feelings towards him, but I guess I decided that if he was to maybe ask me out, I’d see how it went because he makes me feel happy.” I explained.

Blake gave me a quick hug and smiled. “Well, hopefully that guy asks you out because he deserves you if he’s willing to go against his shyness and make the first move.” he explained with a smile. “But then it will just be me, all alone, with nobody to turn to.”

I raised an eyebrow at him and smirked. “You know… one of Jett’s friends is gay.” I stated teasingly.

His eyebrow raised in response. “Reallyy?” he asked, clearly intrigued.

I nodded and smiled. “Yea, he’s really nice and funny… and single.” I finished, with a wink in his direction.

He chuckled. “Well, at the moment I’m fine being single with you my dear but in the future, I might look into that possibility.” he said, smiling at me.

I was about to reply when the doorbell rang, and I, assuming it was the pizza guy, ran into the kitchen and grabbed the food money my aunt and uncle had left for me before heading to open the door. When I opened the door I wasn’t all that surprised to see that Axel was once again my delivery guy.

I smiled at him. “Hey Axel.” I said, greeting him while leaning against the door slightly.

He returned the greeting and smiled. “So, what’s with the mass order of pizzas? I mean I know you can eat but even I think that three medium pizzas is a bit much for you.” he asked sarcastically.

I shook my head and chuckled. “Nah, my best friends are here for a sleepover so all this pizza is for us.” I said, nodding to the small pile of pizzas as I handed him the two twenty dollar bills. “Keep the change.”

Axel’s eyes bulged. “Really?” he asked incredulously, obviously not expecting almost an eight dollar tip.

I just nodded in reply as he passed me my pizzas. “Yea, it’s no big deal… my aunt and uncle gave me the money for tonight and all I’m doing is ordering pizza so you can keep the rest.” I explained, balancing the pizza boxes on my arm.

Axel smiled at me. “Well, thanks for the tip and I’ll definitely see you again soon. Bye Sophie.” he said, turning to walk down the driveway.

“Bye Axel!” I yelled before closing the door and heading back into the living room to place the pizzas down on the coffee table.

“So, who’s Axel?” Piper asked, as she opened the top box of pizza and dug into the first slice she could get her hands on.

“He’s one of Jett’s friends, why?” I asked as I picked up a slice of pizza for myself.

Piper shrugged in response. “I was just wondering… making sure you’re not interested in anybody but Jett.” she said slyly.

I rolled my eyes and replied. “Piper, listen very closely… Dillon, Axel and Carter are Jett’s best friends and I’ve hung out with them a couple of times when I was with Jett. They’re fun and all but I have feelings for one person and it’s Jett; only him.”

“You know, you basically just admitted that you liked Jett.” Blake slyly pointed out, and when I replayed my words in my head I realized he was right.

‘Shit! When did this happen?’ I asked myself as I blushed and muttered a quick ‘shut up’ to Blake.

The rest of the sleepover was just how it usually was; we pigged out on candy, pizza and chips while talking, making jokes and watching a bunch of movies until the wee hours of the night. However, by the time the clock hit 4:00am; my family had returned and were all asleep upstairs while we were all knocked out like a light on the living room floor.

********************************************************

So… here’s the next chapter! Hopefully you all enjoyed it even though there wasn’t any Jett in it :)

ALSO… THANK YOU FOR THE SUPPORT AS I HAVE REACHED 100 FANS! thank you so much !!

Next Update: tomorrow or Monday

Also, updates will slow down as my basketball season starts this week and I have practice almost daily along with school. Sorry but it’s just how it is, however, there will still be at least one update a week.

If you are enjoying this story I would love it if you shared it with your friends or fans here on Wattpad :)

Anyways….. Vote/Comment/Fan/Share ! xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.7K 330 15
Sophie's a freshman in high school and she's in love with her neighbor names Carson who just so happens to be a sophomore. Watch their rocky relation...
7.3K 155 32
Sophie Bennett is Jackson High school's match maker or as she is more commonly called Cupid's assistant. She is the type of girl that you go to to as...
14.1K 775 12
Holly Halliday only had two important things in her life. One was her art and the other was her best friend Gabriel Colton. Starting school for thei...
640K 14.2K 30
Maddie can't remember the last 2 years, but she knows Ethan is the handsome boy who's been haunting her dreams. Do they have an insta-spark, or a pas...