The Stepbrother (UPDATED)

By emopastelgirl

This story has been edited and updated! Please Read: WARNING! (R+18) This contains mature content and trigger... More

Author's Note
Please Read: Updated Author's Note
Oct 2022: Updated Author's Note
March 2023 Author's Note/Announcements and Other Stuff
🔪Prologue (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 1: Aurora (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 2: Proposal (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 3: Dinner (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 4: Wedding Dresses (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 5: The Big Day (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 6: Music Box (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 7: Mr. Davies and Black Mailing (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 8: Creeping (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 9: The Night Her World Turned Black and White (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 10: The Morning After (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 11: Warning (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 12: Mouth Full of Lies (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 13: Followed (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 14: First Target (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 15: Better Lock Your Doors At Night
🔪 Chapter 16 Part 1: Halloween Party (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 16 Part 2: Halloween Party (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 16 Part 3: Halloween Party (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 17: The Attic (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 18: Hello... Brother (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 19: Positive Result (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 21: Realizations (UPDATED)
July 2023 Author's Note
🔪 Chapter 22: Sleepover Gone Wrong (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 23: Hospitalized (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 24: Runaway (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 25: Enough (UPDATED)
Might put this story ON HOLD or even DISCONTINUE this story and other stuff...
🔪 Chapter 26: Guts and Scissors (UPDATED)
Announcement
🔪 Chapter 27: Unraveled Past (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 28: The Talk (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 29: Revealing the Truth (UPDATED)
Thank you for 100k!
Author's Note
🔪 Chapter 30: Poison (UPDATED)
taking a break from wattpad
🔪 Chapter 31: Eenie Meenie Miney Moe, Catch A Lady By Her Toe (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 32: If She Screams, Don't Let Her Go (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 33: Tag You're It, Now Let's Play Hide And Seek (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 34: Clock's Ticking, Your Time Is Up (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 35: Everybody is a Fool (UPDATED)
🔪 QnA!
Sequel Teaser!
🎉Thank you for 300k and 7k votes!!!
Prequel + Heavy Editing
If this story will turn into a movie...
hear me out: who would play as the characters in this story?
FINALLY! EDITING AND UPDATING DONE!

🔪 Chapter 20: Scars, Wounds, Lies, and Cameras (UPDATED)

15.6K 361 13
By emopastelgirl

Edited on: 09/21/2021

Updated on: 07/09/2023

Please Read! Trigger Warning: Mention of Themes of Sexual Trauma and Rape, mention of blood, sharp object (box cutter), and imagery of self-harm scars 

This chapter contains/mentions themes of sexual trauma and rape and mention of blood, sharp object, and imagery of self-harm scars that may be upsetting for some readers. Please proceed at your own risk or you can skip to the next chapter.

Aurora's POV

After a few minutes of walking on a cold, windy morning, I finally arrived back at the house. 

I head inside and I saw my Mom, sitting on the couch then she immediately gets up and walk towards me with a worried look on her face.

"Honey, where were you? You had me worried sick." She said as she wraps her arms around me, giving me such warmth and comfort that I need every day. 

I hug her back as tight as I could and try to hold back the tears.

"I'm sorry Mom, I guess I just lost track of time while I was out," I said, patting her back. She broke the hug and then made me look at her. Just by looking at her in the eyes, I can tell she's very worried about me.

"Aurora, are you sure you're okay?" She asks once more.

You have no idea how much I want to tell her that I'm not fine. I want to tell her that I'm crying for help. I want to tell her everything about Steven... the sexual harassment, the night when he raped me, the punishments... everything. It's killing me and I failed as a human being and as a daughter, who always fail to grab the chance to ask for help and feels so lost and trapped. But... I just can't... and I don't know why.

"Mom, I can reassure you that I'm fine," I said, forcing a fake smile but the kind of smile that will hide the truth.

'Lies.'

She then let out a sigh of relief and put on a smile. "I'm glad to hear that. You really had me worried back there."

'Mom... please help me. Can you hear me crying?'

"I'm so sorry Mom. It won't happen again." I apologized. "I didn't really mean to make you worried."

"Well, all that matters is that you're back here safe and sound and knowing that you're okay." She said. 

'Am I really okay... Mom?'

"Anyways, Mr. Anderson and I decided to take a day off from work since you guys don't have school today. And Mr. Anderson already took the boys out so it's just us two girls. Doesn't that sound nice, sweetie?" Mom said and after hearing that, It just makes me feel a little bit better on the inside. "Is there anything in particular that you would like to do?"

"I don't know, to be honest," I replied, shrugging my shoulders. As long as I'm with Mom, I don't care about where we're going or what we're going to do for today.

"How about we'll go to the nice cafe that you always like? The one with a small library inside?" She suggested and I put on a small smile on my face when she mentions it.

"Oh, I missed that place," I said. "But it's a little bit early and I think it's still close."

"You're probably right. I guess it wouldn't hurt to wait for a while. You didn't eat any breakfast this morning, do you want me to make something else? I could make your favorite." She said.

"S-Sure." I stammered a little bit however I don't think she notices it. "I'm just gonna go upstairs and change."

Mom nodded and said; "Alright, just come down when you're ready."

With that being said, I just head upstairs with my hands tucked into the pockets of my dark jacket. Once I get to the third floor, I quickly head inside my room and close the door.

I take off my jacket and roll up my sleeve and some of the blood has dried up and smeared my entire arm. They sting a bit and I better wash all of the blood and treat my wounds.

I then walk towards the bathroom and immediately turn the faucet on and wash all of the blood off.

My deadly pale yet crimson-stained skin became clean once again as the red liquid, mixed with the clear and cool water, trickled down, and hoping the pain along with it will go down the drain.

Once the bleeding stopped and my arm is all clean, I turn the faucet off and walk out.

I pull out the crimson-stained handkerchief and dry off my cold, wet, and clean arm. The bleeding stopped.

Since the sleeves of my sweater are all wet, I decided to change. I just grab a plain navy blue sweater and I took off my old sweater.

But before I put on the new sweater, I head over to my side table, next to the bed, and pull a small first aid kit out of the drawer.

I open it and grab the things I need to treat my wounds. Rubbing alcohol, band-aids, and some cotton pads.

I sit down on my bed and started treating my wounds. I pour a good amount of alcohol onto the soft cotton pad as it became slightly drenched.

I put the bottle of alcohol away and take a deep breath while looking at the red lines on my arm. I gulp and slowly tap the wet cotton pad and I hissed at the painful stings through my clenched teeth.

I then put the cotton pad on the table and took some band-aids and put them on each of my treated wounds.

Grabbing my sweater, in a shade of the darkest blue color like the ocean on a stormy day, and feeling the warm and soft comfort of its fabric against my palms before putting it on. As it slowly embraces and covers my cold and pale upper body with its fleecy contact, it makes me feel safe and sound.

I grab my old sweater in one hand and decided to hide my dried-up bloody handkerchief inside the first aid kit and put them away hidden.

I suddenly felt a chill down my spine. I remember the computer up in the attic. How could I forget that there is a hidden camera in my fucking room?! Throwing my sweater away, I start looking around my room.  

I remember Heather telling me a lot of information about hidden cameras in some mystery movies that we've watched together and she said about the first thing to look for hidden cameras in a room. 

You need to start looking for objects that can be removed easily and I need to turn off the lights in order for me to see either a red or green light.

Now that I think about it, there is an unusual, old-school clock, obviously not mine, on the middle part of my bookshelf which is facing across from my bed. I turn off the lights and start inspecting the clock.

And I saw a small red light. I found the hidden camera. I grab the clock and start looking for the hidden camera. Finally, I took it out and there it is... the hidden camera. I put the clock away and I decided to hide the hidden camera deep inside my backpack.

After that, I went and check the other possible objects that might have a hidden camera in them as well. I look everywhere and became suspicious of that one teddybear, that is just sitting on top of another side table which is facing the bed and it's just nearby the door to the bathroom.

I pull out my phone from my jacket and turn the flashlight on. I flashed it on the eyes and I saw the lenses inside the eyes. I grab the teddybear and I use whatever I can to take the camera out of the teddybear. I used a box cutter and start cutting the teddybear on the back of the head. After cutting and slicing and getting rid of the fluffy stuff, I finally got the hidden cameras.

Yes, two hidden cameras inside. Then I hide them deep inside my backpack as well.

Then I put the teddybear under my bed.

I check my room once again, including the walk-in closet and the bathroom, and the clock and teddy bear are the only items that have hidden cameras in them. And they're located inside my room, facing the bed, which gives me the chills, thinking about the fact that Steven has been watching me this entire time.

I shake my head and decided to head out of my room. Grabbing my jacket, my phone, and slightly drenched sweater, walked out of the room and headed downstairs.

I walk towards the laundry room and throw the sweater into the laundry bag. Then I head towards the dining room and I saw my Mom, sitting still in her seat. So I just sit down next to her and she acknowledges my presence as she puts on a soft smile on her face. 

She then pushes the plate of two ham and cheese sandwiches next to me. I take a small bite and another and another. I didn't realize that I was this hungry.

"It took you a while to change, sweetie." Mom spoke. "Is everything alright?"

I swallowed my food before opening my mouth. "Yeah, it's just that I have so many sweaters and I was a little bit indecisive." I let out a nervous laugh.

"Oh okay. I just realized that we haven't done any mother-daughter bonding day in a while." Mom said. "And also... do you want to visit Dad before heading to the cafe?"

Oh... that's right. It's been so long since the last time we visited Dad. To be honest, I really wish he was still alive. 

I miss having conversations with him while walking around the park, stargazing on a calm and cool night outside in the backyard of our old house, and going out and eating some donuts while going on a joyride. 

I miss those times with him.

I nodded. "Yeah, sure." My Mom shows a small smile and I finished eating. She picked up the plate and get up from her seat.

"I'll clean it up, you'll go ahead and wait for me. " She said and I grabbed my jacket and my phone, on my way to the front door.

I stood next to the car while putting on my jacket. After putting it on, I lean against the car door and cross my arms while waiting for Mom.

"Okay, let's go." Mom said, heading towards the car and I hop in. Once Mom hopped inside the car, she closes the door and starts the car engine before driving off.

Edited on: 09/21/2021

Updated on: 07/09/2023

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

249K 4.4K 70
[COMPLETED] but still editing.. He couldn't seem to take his gaze away from her. He tracked her every move and followed her everywhere she went. He k...
618K 13.8K 61
Aurora the naive and shy type. Always plastering a smile on your face and very sneaky, yet cute. She's loved my everyone... Well, not all and likes g...
991K 31.5K 80
Being alone? Check. Being afraid? Check. Being abused? Check times 3. Honestly, my life wasn't this bad before, not until I ended in foster care... S...
14K 361 34
Featured on @NA in It's Always the Butler|| Mystery + Thriller + Horror Wattpad's official reading list.✨ Featured on @StoriesUndiscovered on the 04...