Love You Despite |Complete ✅|

By MrsCoraF

****My brothers' best friend.**** Raina Jackson's been through and overcame so much. Despite all the tr... More

A Word/ Appreciation
0•Prologue
1•VIP
2•VIP II
3•Tesla
4•Small Card
5•Small Card II
6•Pool Party
7•Morning Run
8•I'm Not Quitting
9•I'm Not Quitting II
10•Yo' Bored Ass
11•FaceTime
12•That Kiss
13•That Kiss II
14•They Win
15•They Win II
16•They Win III
17•Let Me Talk To You
18•Baking Cakes
19•Deep Rooted Issues
20•Punkin
21•Masturbation
22•Bathing Suit
23•Pop Ups
24•Pop Ups II
25•End It
26•End It II
27•Dr. Mills
28•Nairobi
29•Nairobi II
30•Mr. Xan
31•Engagement Party
32•Howard
33•Mac n Cheese
34•Hey Rai
35•Hey Rai II
36•Gotta' Go Home
37•Back Home
38•Back Home II
39•Back Home III
40•Chicken Souvlaki
41•DNA
42•Seven O' Clock
43•No Champagne
44•DermaBlend
45•Arian Marie Adams
47•Bachelor
48•Mr. & Mrs. Jackson
49•Epilogue Part 1 of 2
The Character Q&A
50•Epilogue Part 2 of 2
Lastly!

46•Bachelorette

6.4K 344 198
By MrsCoraF

"Mmm, Ima' miss you." I spoke low, arms wrapped around Adrians torso. We were in the airport on our way to baggage claim.
We had just touched down in Miami. We were exhausted but needed to quickly say bye to the guys. So we could get on with Leahs Bachelorette week festivities.

"You won't have to worry about that after this week. I'll be all yours. I already have a few bites on the house." He replied, talking about his home back in Atlanta, he just listed it for sale.

"I don't know how you do it. We were just talking about all of our moves we were planning to make, when you were in DC. Now you already have your house up for sale. You planned this bachelor week for Mikey. You're busy with work, making a name for yourself. It's like you figure out ways to do it all." I praised, very proudly.

"I know what I want. Just like you do." He pulled me away so he could hold me from behind as we kept on walking. "Just keeping up with you, that's all."

"Don't over do it." I urged, knowing he wouldn't listen anyway. "Munch, you're on the presidents list. You're consistently in plays and auditioning. That means rehearsals and practicing lines. You're still running track, even though you say you're not as passionate about it anymore. Yet you're still succeeding in it. You have these speaking events about your past, you've been doing. You helped Leah plan the wedding. I'm not the only who has a lot going on. Plus you still make time for me." 

I giggled a little. "After the wedding stuff, you're right things will ease up. But for now let's go and enjoy this week. I want you to have fun."

"You too, go let loose baby. You deserve it." He encouraged me, and I nodded. I already had my mind set on doing just that. I don't know about the guys, but it's party, party, party all week for us. We came to shut Miami down!

We finally met up with everyone at baggage claim. Adrian and I were last to arrive. Everyone was coupled up. Even Amina met a friend, a familiar one. The entire plane ride she and Leahs friend Toni had been talking it up.

Toni was also in the wedding as a bridesmaid. She has a great personality and she fit in perfectly. Adrian even apologized awhile back, he felt bad for her being in that position. With the whole fake date in the basement situation.

She's bi and is very comfortable with that. So if there was anything between her and Amina, that wouldn't be the issue.

"Babe lets FaceTime KJ while we're here together," Mikey spoke softly with Leah wrapped in his arm. She kissed him then pulled away to retrieve her phone. Adrian and I stood beside them. He had his arms snaked around me from behind.

"I'm calling KJ, so everyone can say hi." She announced, grabbing our attention. Everybody walked over crowding around while she called. "Hi Auntie how are you?" Leah greeted her Aunt Dawn waving and grinning at her.

"I'm great, we're loving our hotel room. Thank you guys again. KJ and I are about to head back to the beach. I'm glad we came out a few days early, more time for us to vacation. He is loving it here in Miami!" She did a little dance with her shoulders, as she smiled back.

"That's good to hear. We just got in, we're waiting for the luggage." Leah smiled. "Hold on a second let me get KJ. I know you guys are missing him."

"You already know Auntie." I chimed in.
"Hey Rai, hi y'all. I'm glad you guys had a safe trip." I heard Aunt Dawn yell from a distance, while getting KJ. "Heeeyyyyy Auntie!" Everyone sung out together then laughed. She laughed as well while getting the phone to little man.

"Heyyyy KJ." We all sung in unison. Then busted out laughing again.

"Hi." He smiled, but didn't look directly into the phone, Aunt Dawn grabbed the phone and held it up so we could see the both of them.

"Aww mommy's baby." Leah blew kisses at him. He glanced at her a little bit. "We love you, and we miss you so much baby boy." Mikey got closer to the phone so KJ could see him better. "What are you up to?"

"I am going to the beach." KJ continued to smile while looking down. He was growing up so fast. Ten years old, and tall as ever already. "Aunty Dawn told us you were." Leah smiled.

"You going surfing man? Make sure you watch out for those mermaids." Troy added, peeping his head in smiling. "That's a myth." KJ replied loudly, getting easily annoyed. This is what he and Troy do. They go back and forth about any and everything.

"KJ I saw a documentary. I'm telling you, you better watch out." Troy stated trying to be serious. While moving closer to the phone he accidentally bumped Cyrene's chin with his shoulder. KJ glanced at the phone again before looking away.

"Ouch." Cyrene snatched her arm away from him, only for Troy to pull her in closer to him. He grabbed her face and kissed her chin. "Now be quiet."

She shook her head giggling then pecked his lips. —But before he could pull away she bit down on his bottom lip, making him wince. "Don't play with me."

"Ok, ok, ok! Damn Cy," he begged while she still held on to his lip. She finally released him, then pecked him again. I love my cousin, she was goals for real. All I could do was laugh and shake my head at them. "Ol' ugly ass." He mouthed when she looked away, with his scary ass. 

"Cyrene." Amina called out, from where she stood next to Toni. "Troy said—"

"Mina shut up." Troy sucked his teeth mugging her. She laughed.

"Have fun KJ, we miss you." I brought my attention back to Leahs phone. Adrian waved from behind me. "See you two at the wedding, we love you." Chance added and Rita waved before they walked off. Amina ran up waving her deuces in the phone before walking off with Toni.

"Yeah, we love you." Sienna peeped her head in the camera for a brief second. She was so busy with her tongue down Treys throat. They didn't even notice we were on the phone with KJ until late.

Everybody scattered away, giving Leah and Mike their privacy with KJ. Our bags finally rolled around at the baggage claim, the guys picked them up. Mike and Leah came back over joining us.

"Attention, Attention!" Troy clapped his hands while clearing his throat. "Here we go with this BS." Cyrene mumbled rolling her eyes. "No interruption." He looked around waiting to see if anyone else had anything to say, we gave him the floor. "Now as for the rules. —I really don't give a damn what all y'all do."

He paused then turned to face Cyrene, pointing at her. "Fuck around and leave here single if you want to. —I have no issue with tracking down the Queen of Miami, also known as 'Da Baddest Bitch'. So act up if you want to, I'll gladly replace you. —I heard she was doing a show here tomorrow night anyway."

Cyrene squinted her eyes at Troy while walking over to him. Trying to hide his smile, he looked away. She stood in front of him with her hand on her hip. "You love your life?"

"Chill." He laughed and quickly grabbed their bags, darting in the direction for the exit. "Need to get you a patted room." He yelled out after he thought he gained a head start.

"Cyrene, you really just let him get away with that?" Amina gasped sarcastically.

"Please, you all know me better than that. He should be calling me in about 5 minutes or less." She took her phone from her purse readying herself. Everyone had their bags, we started walking toward the exit as well.

Like clock work he called. She answered, placing it on speaker. "You rang?"

"Which vehicles are ours?" He mumbled.
"Hello, hello? —You're breaking up love." She hung up, before he could speak. "You guys want to grab something from one of the shops or some food before we leave. We can take our time."

We laughed at their petty behavior as we trailed for the exit.

"Come here Munch." Adrian pulled me close to him when we finally made it outside. I smiled placing my little carryon bag on top of my luggage. He leaned in kissing my forehead, nose then lips. "Be good."

"Always, and I know I don't have to tell you that." I pointed, as I smiled gleaming at him. "Correct." He added more kisses to my lips.

"You guys are boring anyway." I mumbled into his lips. He pulled away smiling. "Whatever, just make sure you don't drink too much. We don't want another episode. Stick with the cute stuff, no hard acohol."

"Yeah, yeah." I tilted my head side to side. He raised his brows, making me easily cave. "I won't, just maybe a shot or two... Or three."

Before he could say anything else, Chance spoke while looking down at his watch. "Aight, we need to get going." They had a tee time set up. —But that's just their excuse to get drunk in the middle of the day. As for the ladies we had a spa appointment to get to. Scheduled for three o' clock and it was almost one.

Everyone said their goodbyes then parted ways. We loaded in our Mercedes Sprinter Daycruiser and the guys loaded up in their three luxury rental cars.

"Cheers to a week filled with laughter, drinks, and all that other shit!" Rita yelled out raising her glass of apple juice, on the way to our villa. She and Chance are expecting, they had recently found out. I was so happy for them, another addition to our big family. We raised our glasses clinking them together. "Cheers!"

We made it to Villa Casa Casurina in no time. Leah always wanted to stay there, plus it wasn't far from the location for the wedding. The guys were staying at the Four Seasons.

We unloaded and made our way inside. Everything was beautiful and elegant. I almost wanted to cancel the plans and just lounge around.

We got in and quickly freshened up, dressing in our comfy gym wear. After our massages we planned to do a light workout. Leah wanted to make sure we could fit into our already-fitted dresses. So that meant including working out to our stay. Which I don't mind it because I was going to do that anyway. I couldn't miss my morning runs.

We decided on deep tissue massages and mud baths. Some of the ladies opted for facials.

By the time we got back to the villa it was already late. We decided to order room service. We chose lobsters and shrimp platters with a few other sides. Leah, Sienna and Toni were sitting criss crossed around the livingroom table eating. Rita, Cyrene and I were spread out on the couch. We were stuffed.

"So lets play predictions, we can do five years?" Sienna proposed. "I'll go first." We agreed, giving her our full attention. "Five years from now, Trey and I would be married in three. I'm not sure about kids just yet since I'll only be twenty-four." She tapped her hand on her chin. "Nah, probably no kids in five years. We'll be too busy traveling the world and pushing careers. My career as a MUA would be through the roof by then. I will hopefully have some bomb celebrity clientele. With my best friend Rai being the first, because I know her acting shit is going to put us both on the map."

We all laughed and smiled at her animated behavior. "I think that's about it. I want to have triple the followers on social media. So I can keep spreading these makeup tips. Oh and Trey will be doing his residency by then with hopes of becoming the best Neurosurgeon ever."

"Yesss Sie, and I'm sure all of that will happen. Just keep speaking it!" I snapped my fingers side to side, joining her animated behavior. She laughed.

"Ok I'll go next." Rita raised her hand, then rubbed her non existent baby bump. "Well, since I'm already pregnant and pretty much accomplished my last five year plan. I'd say more babies. We should have our second restaurant opened up by then. We'll still be happily working side by side. As the best soul and Italian fusion chefs in the state of Georgia."

"You mean In the world." I corrected her. "You and Chance are amazing together. You guys opened up your first food truck right after college. Then grew from there. Now you're looking to open up your second actual restaurant."

"You better let her know." Cyrene gushed raising her glass. We all hyped Rita by clapping and yelling out yesss, making her proudly laugh. "Ok Toni what about you?" Leah asked while closing up the food trays.

"Hmmm, I'd continue managing the dance studio in Cali. —I'm so grateful you and Rai gave me that opportunity by the way. Do some more traveling and just enjoy life basically. I would love to move some of my family out to Cali with me. —I don't know, I think that's about it."

"What about relationship-wise?" Cyrene went on to ask her. "That's still in the air. I'm having fun. I would love something serious in the future. Amina seems nice." She added tucking her lips trying to hide her smile. We laughed at her blushing.

"Just take it slow, no need to rush it at all. Just keep it light. Amina's coming out of a relationship that really hurt her." I felt the need to say. I'm not trying to put Amina's business out, but at the same time I don't want to see her hurting again. "Absolutely, she told me about her ex. I can tell it's still a sore spot for her. We'll definitely take it slow. That's if we were to continue anything, because we did just meet." Toni added very genuinely. We nodded clapping it up for her as well. 

"Cyrene?" I looked over to her laying at the far end of the couch. "Huh?" She peered at all of us, trying to avoid answering. "What?"

"You and Troy that's what. Where do you see yourself in five years?" I furthered queried. She waved a hand in front of her face, laughing. "Please, I'll probably be locked up somewhere. For assault with a deadly weapon, fooling up behind Troy. —Thats my boo though, even though he get on my last nerve."

She thought for a second, getting serious. "I'll probably be contemplating on moving here to the states, within the next five years. Or Troy will be doing the same and possibly move to Karen. Which I doubt because his businesses are here. With his second gym location and everything. I don't know."

I could tell this was something they were still dealing with, with the way her energy just shifted. "So you would consider moving here to the states?" Sienna asked trying to get her explain further.

"My life is in Nairobi, with my career as a chemist. I would have to relocate. I'm not even sure if I will be able to since I just started last year. Not only that, I'd have to think about citizenship. It would take a while to get a permanent visa here."

"Damn." We all said in unison.

"This is why T and I never got serious before now. —We'll figure it out though." She sighed.

"Right because he love himself some Cyrene. Y'all will figure it out." I assured her, she gave me a little smile. "Alright Rai you're up." Rita stated laying down at the other end of the couch. I was in the middle.

A smile grew on my face. "You guys know I'm madly in love with Adrian Amir Adams Jr. Also known as A3 or to me as Punkin'. —We will be living in New York. Knowing him we'll probably have the production company up and running, fully staffed. I also want to be a successful broadway actress, as well as film."

"Adrian will hopefully be looking into opening up art schools in the rural areas of  New York. Thats with the help of his other investors. We will probably be married in three years, knowing him." I added.

"Please, A3 is marrying you the moment you walk across that stage." Rita chimed in and everyone else agreed. I rolled my eyes smiling.

"Don't expect me to turn him down. Whenever he ask I will gladly say yes. He can ask me tomorrow and I'll be ready." I eagerly. "Yep, so you can get started on that football team." Sienna mumbled, everyone laughed and clapped it up for me.

"Uh no." I laughed. "Anyway, Leah you now have the floor." She looked up at the ceiling smiling, not able to contain her excitement. "Michael and I will be celebrating our five year anniversary as husband and wife. KJ will be fourteen. Yikes!" We all laughed.

"I will continue living out my dream as a choreographer. Hopefully have a few little ones running around. I don't want KJ to be too old before he get to have siblings. Speaking of KJ, my baby will be a beast on the keys and will continue playing at different events. We will also be looking into colleges for him around that time as well." She beamed.

"Now for my other baby, my big baby. He will be a professor at a competitive university. I would love for him to get hired at whatever University KJ get into. So we can all be close. But I'm not even sure if KJ would want us to be close to him. Now that he's talking and doing things so independently." She added, we smiled listening at her go on.

I noticed her smile dissapear before she spoke again. "My family reached out. My aunt Dawn asked me if it was ok if my mom and a few cousins could attend the wedding." She breathed out roughly. "I told her it was fine as long as they didn't say anything to me. I don't want my day to be ruined. Anything they have to say would have to be discussed after my honeymoon."

"We already have that covered Leah. So don't even worry." I reassured her. I found out that her mom wasn't doing so well financially. So Mikey purchased their plane tickets and paid for their hotel stay. Auntie Dawn tried to protest saying she was going to pay for everything. Mikey told her to just make sure Leahs mom and cousins didn't give her any trouble.

"This arrangement with Khalil Sr I would hope in five years we will be a little more cordial. KJ does understands that Khalil Sr is his father. He also knows that Michael is his dad. I just want his father to continue being consistent. I don't want him to abandon KJ again." She paused before a smile landed on face. "I do however feel like Michael and Adrian will always have their guard up watching him and I don't blame them. With his wondering eyes." She peered at me.

"Yup, they already told him about that once. Adrian's waiting for him to try something stupid." Sienna smiled at me. "And I'm snitching, if he do."

I stuck my tongue out before laughing.

****

"Dare." I hesitated with my eyes closed.

"You sure?" Sienna asked furrowing her brows. This was day four of our party filled week. We were at the beach lounging in our sexiest bikinis. We've been all over Miami. The clubs, the best restaurants in the city and bars. We even did some shopping. I do however miss my Punkin'. I can say we've been busy enough to where it didn't seem like we've been away that long.

"Hmm," I thought about it for a second. "Yes, whatever it is I'll do it."

"Aight, here you go." She shook the fish bowl before handing it to me. We were playing an adult game of truth or dare. I've been lucky throughout the game Not getting anything too crazy so far.

I mixed my hand in the bowl, fishing one out. I placed the bowl on the table. I quickly openned and read it before folding it up. "Um, can I have a re-do?"

"Oh no, Rai you have to do it. —I had to tell a stranger to bend over and bust it open. Plus you guys made me keep asking until I got someone to twerk. So no." Leah shook her head repeatedly. I looked around at everyone else, they agreed with her.

"That little old lady was getting down, she said she saw her granddaughter Jillian do it." Toni got up and bent over moving around like she was humping the air. She had one hand on her knee and the other in the air bobbing her head. We busted out laughing.

"That lady's a freak. Her granddaughter didn't teach her that. You saw her husband wasn't shocked. He just kept walking." Cyrene added over all the laughter. "She was bobbing the hell out of her head. Her little cute blonde and grey curls were moving all over the place." Rita started bobbing her head too.

"I guess I'll do it." My eyes playfully rolled in a circle. I stood up handing Sienna my folded piece of paper. She opened and read it. Her eyes slowly widened. I was about to undo my top but she spoke. "Rai you sure? We can just stop playing. It's getting windy anyway.

"Nope, I said I was doing it. You know we don't back down from anything." I reminded her of our tradition to do adventurous things. We were the only people out within viewing distance. So why not? I took my top off, unhooking the lactch on the front. The bra slid down my arms to the sand. I sped off into the water, holding my breast yelling out, "Sie, hurry up and snap my picture when I get in."

From a distance, it seemed as if I was completely naked. I still had on my bottoms.

"I got it." She yelled back putting her phone down. I made my way back to them, holding my breast firmly. "Make sure we can hear when A3 calls. I know he's going to blow yo' ass up when you send it." Rita laughed.

"I'll send it on our last night." I mumbled because I'll be damned. I know him. He would try to find any excuse to end the party early. It's already been a month since he had this, so waiting was best.

"Speaking of our last night. We have a little surprise for them." Leah giggles, tapping her nails against her cheek. "Uh oh, do I even want to know?" My gave twisted. Prank don't ever end well.

Leah and Rita smiled at each other before nodding their heads. They went on to fill us in on their little sneaky plan...

{Song: "Smile" By Lil Duval Feat. Snoop Dogg & Ball Greezy}
{New face alert: Toni Braxton!}

{What do you guys think of Toni (Leah's friend)? She seems cool right? I wanted to tie her back into the story. I hated how she got played.}

{Next chapter is titled Bachelor. Don't forget to Vote ⭐️, Share📬 & Comment💬}

{I'm at 8k views guys, over !! I started publishing this book about a month ago (on April 7th to be exact). With zero expectations, I can't thank you guys enough. I am truly grateful.}

{The beginning of this book was a little shaky (cringe-y). But I think I'm finding my way with this writing stuff. So thanks again for hanging in there with me!}

{Let's catch up with the guys next, stay tuned. Next Friday another update!}

✌🏾✌🏾💜🖤💜🖤💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.9K 158 19
COMPLETE! give it a try! 🌸Ava is sunshine girl. On the first day of school she gets paired up in the wrong room filled with hockey boys. She meets h...
1.3M 25.4K 47
⚠️𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗦 𝗜𝗦 𝗠𝗬 𝗢𝗥𝗜𝗚𝗜𝗡𝗔𝗟 𝗪𝗢𝗥𝗞. 𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗘 𝗪𝗘𝗥𝗘 𝗡𝗢 𝗖𝗢𝗣𝗜𝗘𝗦 𝗢𝗙 𝗟𝗜𝗧𝗧𝗟𝗘𝟭𝗪𝗥𝗜𝗧𝗘𝗥. 𝗪𝗘'𝗩𝗘 𝗔𝗟𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗗𝗬 𝗠𝗔�...
10.8K 3.6K 26
|| The Global Awards Winner: Best of Awards: Teen Fiction || ❝It's your turn to prove just how much you love him.❞ What I didn't know was I might...
166K 6.1K 41
Book 2 (sequel to UNFORGOTTEN) "I know you are in a safe place, but god I miss you..." I started, my voice cracking. "I miss you so much." ----- One...