Fortune

By carnagexasada328

Olivia moves back to her hometown after her work in The Division. However old friends and new come around to... More

Chapter 00: Prologue
Chapter 1: Welcome
Chapter 2: Time Lapse
Chapter 3: A Clue
Chapter 4: Insomnia
Chapter 5: Help
Chapter 6: Hello
Chapter 7: Old and Familiar
Chapter 8: Confrontation
Chapter 9: Date Night
Chapter 10: Battle Memory
Chapter 11: Verdant
Chapter 12: Taking it Back
Chapter 13: Grand Opening
Chapter 14: Explanation
Chapter 15: Top of the List
Chapter 17: First Blood
Chapter 18: Message Man
Chapter 19: Rundown
Chapter 20: Motion
Chapter 21: Luck
Chapter 22: Fortune

Chapter 16: Advice

5 0 0
By carnagexasada328

Late Friday Night; 1 am

"Hey, hey!" Andrew yells at the fake Marcus, trying to wake him up. Olivia was treating their Marcus' checking on his pulse as he was still knocked out, they were sitting near the clothes rack the two were fighting while Andrew took the other to the counter of the store to sit him up.

The 'other' Marcus has his hands tied behind his back, and his legs tied up too, so the best he could do is squirm. He looked at Andrew and rolled his eyes.

"Look if you want something out of me, just kill me, I'm not speaking," he tells Andrew.

"Hmm... fine, but can we get a name before we send you to your demise?" Andrew asks.

"Lucas, that's all I'm giving you about me," he scoffs.

"Parte de mí creía que iba tener un nombre mismo o más o menos mismo a Marcus," Olivia told Andrew. (Part of me thought he would have the same name or similar name to Marcus)

"Cree el mismo," he snickers. (I thought the same too)

"Oh great beaners, are you guys with the cartel or something?" He snickers to himself.

"We're a part of something," Andrew says.

"Like what? You all three have fresh meat written on your faces," Lucas says.

"But for a couple of fresh meat, we beat your gang's ass!" Andrew retorts.

Lucas snickers, "if you thought that was our entire gang, then you are so in for a treat," he tells him.

"What do you mean?" Andrew asks.

"Riot's the biggest gang here, we've been around since the 90s, anywhere you turn, there's bound to be a riot member somewhere, they own several places but the biggest guy is Michael Davis who owns-"

"Amibilia and Bank of Deals we know," Andrew answers.

"You did some of your homework so I'll give you half credit," he says cheekily.

"How about this, we'll let you go and act like you kicked our asses, in exchange you give us a little information of one of either business, sound good?" Andrew deals.

"Hmm, and what do I get in return?"

"Your life duh,"

"I was thinking something along other lines," he smirks.

"Look we're not gonna pay you to be our ra-"

"We'll give you a thousand to fuck off, and maybe more if you follow along with us," Olivia answers, getting up from where she was with Marcus and near Andrew.

"Fine, deal," he says.

Olivia motions for Andrew to untie Lucas, he gets up and near Olivia as she pays him the thousand from her wallet, in exchange he gives her a number they can trace him back. He salutes and runs off from the two. 

"Can you explain that shit?!" Andrew asks.

"What?"

"You're taking the shots, the jobs, and even paying people off? Have you been planning this from the start?!" he asks her.

"Did you really think I was gonna go into this without having a plan? I knew this shit wasn't gonna be easy and we can't go around with you kicking the life out of people when we can use them," Olivia tells him.

"Do you not trust us to make good decisions?"

"I do, but with Isabella gone, for now, I like to have some brains in these missions of ours," she tells him.

"Are you guys gonna continue arguing or are we going to leave this place now?" Marcus said as he was getting up.

"We'll drop it," Andrew answers.

***

"Capto Peculium was a mission most small and large gangs knew about," Red began to tell the story to the trio, the trio sat across from Red at a table, they offered them drinks as a 'thank you'.

"The idea was to break into the Bank of Deals and get information of blueprints and accounts, to blow the place up and take the cash inside," he continues.

"The thing is, we've been the only successful group to do so, so everyone wants this," Blue adds, bringing water for their female partner.

"How long did it take you?" Marcus asks.

"12 tries and several bullet wounds," the other two responded, Red handed the folder to Andrew who sat in between the two partners.

"I'm guessing since you want this, you want to take down Riot's leader?" Red asks.

Andrew nods, "By some information we got, and some context clues from a member from Riot, we put two and two together and found out a man named called Michael Davis runs the place," he says.

"I don't want to sound fucked up, but that's a death mission," Blue says.

"We're willing to take part of it," the three said.

The two gang members shrugged, "With a mission like that, you're gonna need some more people you can trust right?" Red says.

"What are you proposing?" Andrew asks.

"You can do one more job for us and we can help you out, think of this one as a way to get all of our trust," Red replies.

"We'll have to think about it," Andrew tells him.

"Suit yourself, you know where we're at," Red tells him.

The trio got up and left the place, the time was now 2:11 am, Andrew got into the driver's seat with Marcus next to him and Olivia in the back. He drops Olivia off first at her house and then Marcus at the apartment.

"You're gonna go for a drive... Now?"

"Yeah, I wanna think about Red's mission for a moment," Andrew tells Marcus.

Marcus shrugs but lets Andrew be and leaves him to drive off. Andrew drives off to an empty park, he sits in the car while he looks for a lighter. He was a bit stressed out, so a blunt usually helped him calm his nerves for a few. His main concern was Red's next mission, a heist? Murder? He didn't know, all he knew is that he wouldn't mind the extra help, but at what cost?

***

Saturday Morning

"Interesting, you seem to move around a lot," Shojiki tells Olivia as she notices the new man next to her, Joseph, who was in casual attire.

"I-It's not like that!" she yells.

Shojiki grins before she goes back to the folder and all the information it had.

"You said something about Vesalius wanting to join on this mission of yours?" Shojiki asks her.

She nods, "We have to do something for them first if we want more help," she explains.

"Well that's up to you Shizuka," Shojiki tells her as she places the folder near her.

Olivia nods, they bid their goodbyes and Olivia held onto Joseph, her nerves still got to her. Olivia and Joseph made it to her car, where Joseph had a big grin on his face.

"Why are you smiling?"

"Nothing, Shizuka," he snickers, she shoves him.

"I didn't choose the name, she gave it to me," she replies, "She said it meant shy or timid or something," she says blushing.

"I believe you, I do, but it's just a 'bizarre' coincidence don't you think?" he winks.

"Please leave my car before I decide to stab you," she tells him, "And anyways I thought you hated puns?!"

"I do, it hurt to say, but I had to do it," he chuckles.

Olivia grins, at least he's smiling now, she thought. With Melanie gone, it really threw off Joseph and most of the times he really wasn't himself.

Olivia pulls out of their parking spot, "We have a side mission to do for Vesalius, I'm assuming you want in?" she asks him.

"Details?"

"There's a meth lab out in the mountains, Vesalius wants us to take them down for them," she says.

"So the four of us?"

"I was thinking just me and you, Marcus and Andrew don't really know that I took the deal," she responds, "I went to meet with their leaders and we talked about keeping it under the counter or something," she says. 

"Oh ho ho, someone's keeping secrets," he tells her.

"Marcus and Andrew's main missions are the bank and Ambilia, we can handle the other shit right?" she looks at him.

"Right, so when's the mission?" he tells her.

"Got any plans this Sunday Afternoon?" she asks.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 31 16
When Lydia and Stiles move away and start a new life in a new town five years later a big disaster brings them back home. Stiles has to become the pe...
1 0 9
About a young girl dealing with a lot of change and sickness nothing stable in her family her journey involves love, friendship, arguments and many m...
237K 7.2K 37
Olivia's mom gets remarried and to her 5 brothers, she gets another 4, including her biggest enemy
186 0 7
After the bus crash and the remaking of Retail's family life, her past comes back to haunt her with the very person who destroyed her previous life...