THE ENCAGEMENT

By ElatedRose

She's broke , she's starving and she hates men. He's rich , he's charming and he hates love. Unexpectedly a m... More

Chapter 1- The Beautiful Lie
chapter 2- The Harmful Proposition
Chapter 3- The Awful Contract
Chapter 4- The Unforgettable Face
Chapter 5- The Kidnapping Mayhem
Chapter 6-The Unexpected Confrontation
Chapter 7- The Dreaded Discussion
Chapter 9- The Surprise Surprise
Chapter 10-The Economical Dress
Chapter 11 - The Heavenly Wedding
Chapter 12- The I Do Dillema
Chapter 13 - The Mindless Heart
Chapter 14 - The Existential Crisis
Chapter 15 - The Serendipitous Dance
Chapter 16 - The Late Excuse
Chapter 17- The Conundrum of Misunderstandings

Chapter 8-The Glistening Sapphire

132 11 3
By ElatedRose

Shout out to these beautiful souls for their constant support @Hennessy1234,jul123ju, AyaanAhmed4tanishqa_.

*******

He was growing closer and closer every second ,my heart was hammering inside at an extremely rapid speed

He pulled me flush against his body, the world beside seemed to blur but he was somehow magnified.

"You know?"

I wanted to push him away but somewhere deep inside, I desired to pull him more closer

"Mmm?"I replied.

"Do you want to learn?"he asked in a rough whisper.

Say no, no, no!!!

"Yes" I whispered back, so softly, I wasn't sure, if I heard.

The back of his hand trailed up my arm sending shivers to unknown places, green globes of forest were intently staring into mine , soft light reflecting off of them , you could almost see minuscule leaves.

His lips were in close proximity to mine, just a mere centimeter away. Unbeknownst to me, my eyes flew shut and anticipation was in the air.

A minute passed. I opened my eyes swiftly while realization dawned upon my stupid brain.

Sure enough Mr.Carter was smirking down at me, his body hadn't moved an inch but his head was inches away.

A huge frown made it's way onto my face.

"You looked so needy right now, it's hilarious, so much for not wanting to sleep with me"

Before my hand connected with his face in a resounding slap, he caught it mid air.

"Careful there Babe ,you're walking on thin ice , one mistake and I can destroy your whole world" he said in a dangerously low tone, jaws clenched, face taut.

My mouth opened and shut back up.

"It's your call if you want it to be rocked or wrecked" he winked.

I just stared at him with the most irritated expression ever.

He pulled away from me and grabbed my hand bringing it closer to my face , he held it gently and slid something cold along.

A ring!

What surprised me even more was the kind of ring it was. The kind I have always dreamt off.

A 10 CARAT SAPPHIRE RING.......

The sapphire glistened in the light, cut to perfection, diamonds encircling it in a heavenly cage.

"What's this?" I asked hysterically , not sure if my eyes were playing tricks on me.

"A ring " he deadpanned.

"But why?"

"You are seriously making me doubt my choice , Ms.Sapphire" he sighed rubbing his temples together.

"It's an engagement ring" he stated while sliding it out , returning it to his pocket.

"Why did you take it back?"I asked confused.

Was this his way of mocking me ?

"That's the ring for the marriage ceremony too , I don't want to spend on two different rings for a fake wife"

Somehow spending thrice the amount on one ring made way more sense to him.

There was a knock at the door.

Elliot entered the next moment.

"It's time to cut the cake" he jumped enthusiastically.

He grabbed both of our hands pulling us into the living room with his little might.

Suprisingly it was mildly decorated, with white helium balloons, purple ribbons hanging from them. The chandelier looked even more majestic ,illuminating the room in blueish white light , it even changed it's shape rhythemically. 

It was beautifully simple.

"Wow"I gasped.

"Is that a different sort of chandelier?"I asked perplexed at the shape shifting led beauty.

"It's the second one in the world ,the pieces can be lowered and raised in a range of 5 meters, which gives almost endless possibility, combined with the full spectrum color range and lumosity"he replied as if it wasn't a big deal at all.

"where's the first one?"

"It is located in moscow shopping center and is way bigger than this one"he said nonchalantly.

For the next two minutes, I got engrossed in the beautiful display colors and pattern. 

We cut the cake while Ms.Hattie and Elliott sang happy birthday to us, it was weirdly sweet.

"What did you wish for Ivy?"Elliott asked with curious eyes.

"Happiness"I said honestly , that's all I ever wanted in my life.

He didn't seem so pleased with the answer ,he proceeded to ask Mr.Carter about it and was more than pleased when he heard his answer.

Dinosaurs really?!?

Ms.Hattie requested that we both feed each other first.

He fed me a slice , purposefully sliding his thumb against my lower lip.

Heat rushed to my face , I blushed like a teenager. It was my turn , I got the slice to his mouth but it wasn't just the cake he ate , he bit my fingers.

I pulled my hand back in a flash , he was smirking , I was hoping Ms.Hattie hadn't seen that.I looked at her and anybody could tell she had, her cheeks were red and she was giggling.

"It's getting late, Elliott needs to be home , we're gonna leave"

Elliott protested but complied after Ms.Hattie reminded him of his parents.

She was giggling all the while she was walking out of the house.

"Im gonna go too" I declared to noone but Mr.Carter.

"Not so soon Ms.Sapphire , lot to discuss here"

He pulled me to the couch somehow manoeuvring me onto his lap. I screeched uncomfortable with the position but he caged me in with his arms and his grip on my hands was so strong I couldn't budge.

"What the hell are you doing?"

"Placing my wife near my heart"

"Pardon?"

"Let's just discuss"

"Discuss what?"

"Marriage of course "

"Didn't you just say that we're married?"

"Yes , but the official ceremony is day after"

"Day After"?!??!"

"I have invited everyone that needs to be there , you may invite anyone you like"

"I thought this was a secret!"I screamed.

"Yes but the world should know my heir's mother"

"Oh my god , how am I supposed to explain this to anyone?"

"Don't invite them , don't pick their calls , simple" he stated that like it was the most simplest thing in the world.

"Unlike you , I actually value human relationships and would like to keep them"

"Then that's your problem "

"I'll send the stylists and makeup artists to your house by eight , the ceremony starts at 10"

I just stared at him awe struck , I was being invited to my own wedding ,nothing made sense anymore.

I jutted my head back , I hit him square in the face and bought enough time to escape from his clutches.

"I'll call you later " I said in a hurried tone and walked out of that weirdo's mansion.

But a new challenge arose , one that I hadn't seen coming.

How was I gonna go home? Even the bus stop was 30 miles away!! Stupid guy , couldn't even buy a geographically perfectly located house next to bus stops!

I could call a cab but my data plan had just expired and I did not want to go back in. The guy's a raging psychopath ,being informed of my own marriage ceremony wasn't the best feeling in the world.

The main door opened and I hit myself mentally for not renewing my data plan.

"If your done with your shenanigans ,I'll drop you home"

"No thank you ,Mr.Carter ,I am perfectly capable of going home myself"I stated confidently even though I had no way of going home unless I decided to walk 50 miles.

"Then why were you kicking around in frustration for the past five minutes ,right in front of the door?"

"That is none of your business and you were spying on me?"I asked eyes narrowed at my newly discovered stalker.

"Babe ,I have cameras everywhere and if a creep is standing outside my house ,I need to check for security purposes"he said faking ignorance.

I rolled my eyes at his reply and started walking away ,suprisingly he didn't follow me. For the next 15 minutes I walked endlessly on the road wishing I had wings to fly home. After another 5 minutes a ferrari pulled up beside me ,without even looking , I knew who it was.

If he asks me again ,I might jump into his car at once.

"Have fun walking ,babe"he said and speed off.

The next 5 seconds were a blur a damaged looking black van pulled up beside me ,I walked faster ,wishing he would return but his car was just a small red dot from my position and was only getting smaller. A guy got out of the car , I started running and in a matter of just 2 seconds he caught up with me. I tried fighting back but a piece of cloth laced with a sedative substance was pressed onto my face and I slipped into a dark abyss.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I SINCERELY APOLOGISE FOR THE LATE UPDATE.

* the led light chandelier is inspired by the actual one of a kind chandelier located in moscow shopping center, a beauty to behold, I must say. Here's a picture for y'all.

The "chandelier" is actually made up of 49 two meter led lights  swaying together in formation. Hanging like a pendant in the center of the six storey atrium, the kinetic lights are roughly arranged in a diamond shape. Each led rod is on a separate cable, and by remote control each can be hoisted and lowered to form different shapes, from diamonds to squares to cascading shapes.

I LOVE YOU BEAUTIFUL CREATURES SO MUCH, THANK YOU FOR READING ,COMMENTING ,VOTING AND ADDING MY BOOK TO YOUR READING LISTS<3!!!

I felt kind of lost this last week and numb even.Procrastination was at it's peaks and no matter how hard I tried to fight it off , I couldn't bring myself to write again. I honestly felt really bad for not updating and finally I pulled it together and decided I was not going to abondon another baby(aka my book) ,I'm so sick of giving up all the time and this time I will not dwindle~<3

p.s please keep voting ^-^

also next update will be on 17th may(I promise I will keep my word);)

ALSO WHY THE HELL IS SHE GETTING KIDNAPPED AGAIN???!!

Stay tuned babes(in Mr.Carter's voice)~

TSCHÜSS!! (BYE;))

IF THE BOOK REACHES 45 VOTES , I will update by 15th ;)! , IF IT REACHES 50 VOTES ,I WILL UPDATE BY 14th ^_^!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

668 118 12
"Three months dating contract," I laugh. "You want me to sign this contract on what basis?" I change my tone a little. I forget I was respectful with...
4.2K 181 20
"Stay away from me, don't talk to me except if it is about my son or about something very important. And lastly don't fall in love with me" he said "...
1K 11 105
Stella Parker, an ambitious businesswoman at the peak of her career at the age of 25 was determined to make a name for herself while refusing to acce...
234K 3.3K 61
𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝟏 𝐎𝐅 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐃𝐔𝐓𝐘 A U R E L I A : " I applied here to get away from my family and to pursue my career. Not fall in love with...