PRETEND || JENO

By BaeTaeLay

this book is lowkey cliche im not that good at descriptions lmao this is about Jeno and Sky Sky likes Renjun ... More

crushing
this group of boys
there's this one boy
my mother
her name is lisa
a lot of girls think the same
0:1
0:2
0:3
0:4
0:5
0:6
0:7
0:8
0:9
1:0
1:1
1.2
1:4
1:5
1:6
1:7
1:8
1:9
2:0
what if...

1.3

3.7K 173 135
By BaeTaeLay

:sky:

"So, what's the plan?" Jeno asks as we step out of his house. "If you come barging into my house and bother me like that, you better have something worth my time."

I turn to Donghyuck, hoping he had something really fun planned because I kind of feel bad for barging in on Jeno.

Donghyuck hums, his gaze off somewhere. "I don't really have a plan."

Jeno snaps his head to him and I look down with a sigh.

"What do you mean you don't know?" Jeno crosses his arms. "You were the one claiming to be the funnest guy out there."

"There's so much to do, I don't know what to start with." He puts a finger to his chin. "Sky, what do you feel like doing?"

Their attention switches to me and I quickly become flustered.

"Um, I don't mind anything." I say, stuffing my hands in my pockets.

"Don't ask Sky. She's the one that needs help. Let's just go to the arcade." Jeno wraps an arm around my shoulders.

"Are you still trying to beat that one game?" Donghyuck narrows his eyes at his friend.

"Yeah, so what?"

<•>

Jeno, Donghyuck, and I walked together to one of their favorite arcade places.

Donghyuck was blabbering on and on about his favorite things to do in the city and how he wants to go to a new city because he feels like he's done so much in this city already.

Jeno stayed by my side and kept making fun of him, making me laugh every second.

I'm already having fun and we haven't even done anything yet.

<•>

"You have to pay for every single game? Geez, isn't that a little much?" I whisper to Jeno.

He coolly pulls out a red card and winks. "I have unlimited tokens."

Donghyuck rolls his eyes. "Look at you trying to look cool in front of your girlfriend. You know anyone can get those if you come every week-"

I blush and Jeno smacks him across the head.

<•>

"UP! DOWN! UP! UP! NO, RIGHT, I MEAN LEFT! AH, SKY! MIDDLE! JUMP IN THE MIDDLE! YOU MISSED IT!"

I crazily jump around the dancing platform, struggling to catch up with the moving buttons on the screen.

"DOWN! DOWN, SKY! MIDDLE! LEFT! RIGHT! JUMP!"

"Donghyuck, shush! I can see the screen!" I yelled back at him.

"Then why aren't you stepping on it!?" He argues and holds his hands to his head.

He's really passionate about this game.

"Let me help." Jeno offers, taking off his coat. "This is really sad to watch."

"I-I got it." I pant, highly focused on the bright screen in front of me.

A pair of hands land on my waist and I jump forward. I turn around and see Jeno behind me with his eyes straight on the screen.

"Jeno-"

"Hold my hands. It'll be easier to jump around." He holds out his hands. "Hurry if you want to pass this level."

Hearing all the buzzing sounds of me missing the buttons, I take his hands without a second thought.

My stomach were forming knots and my cheeks were heating up. It seemed like holding Jeno's hands had a greater effect on me than this dancing game.

That's embarrassing.

He was right, though. This way is so much easier than doing it by myself.

I jumped around and around, successfully getting every button I needed to get to receive a "PERFECT" score.

The game finally ends and we get a score of "B".

Out of breath, I fall back onto Jeno's chest.

"Not bad....for a first timer." He comments and pats my head.

I lift myself off of him, realizing that sudden skinship.

"How-How'd you know that was my first time playing?" I move hair away from my sweaty face.

He laughs. "It's kinda obvious. You sucked. You needed to cheat to get a B score."

"What? I didn't know! If I knew that was cheating, I wouldn't want your help."

"You looked like you needed it. What kind of boyfriend would I be if I didn't help you when you need it the most." He smiles cutely. "A bad one, right?"

My eyebrows rise.

Jeno's being cute to me.

How do I react to that?

I reach over and caressed his cheek with one hand.

His smile disappears and was replaced by an equally confused face as mine.

"Oh, sorry." I retracted my hand and turned away to grab my jacket.

He was too cute to not...touch.

Why did I do that?

Oh, my gosh, why did I do that?

<•>

"AHH! SHOOT IT, SHOOT IT, SHOOT IT, SKY! SHOOT! SHOOT! SHOOT!"

"JENO! THE ZOMBIE!"

"AHHHHH! DIEEEE!"

<•>

"How did you beat me?"

"I apologize for being better than you at Angry Birds."

<•>

"Watch out for me. I'm going to climb over and put it in the hoop."

"Why would you do that?"

"For the tickets."

"Are you sure it's not because you're not that good at basketball?"

".....just keep watch."

<•>

"So, this is the game that you desperately want to beat?" I place my hands on my hips. "I didn't expect this to be the game."

Jeno sits down on the chair and puts in his card. The machine lights up and he places his hands on the handles.

"I wouldn't say I'm desperate." He shrugs. "I just like being #1."

I scoff at his childishness.

"I just need to have a perfect score AND be faster than the current 1st place." He turns towards me with a smile. "I'll win for sure if you stay by my side and support me."

"How do you want me to support you?"

He purses his lips. "Hm, how about a kiss?"

I choked.

"Come on, how can you be disgusted by that? Just a peck on my cheek." He pokes his own cheek.

My stomach twisted nervously. "I-I-I-"

"How can we be a couple if you can't even kiss your own boyfriend?" He pouts.

"I-It's not that-I mean-It's not-"

Jeno bursts out in evil laughter, making me look at him in distress.

"Damn, you got so nervous!" He teases and points to my face. "You're so red!"

I cover my face. "You're such a child."

"Am I? I'm not the one freaking out over some kiss." He calms down and smirks at me. "You're such an innocent little girl and you think I'm the child?"

I scoff. "Am not..."

"Ha, ok, I'm done messing with you." He turns back to his game. "Geez, you turned so red like I asked if you were still a virgin or something."

I choked again.

<•>

"I'm so close. I'm so close! I'M SO CLOSE!" Jeno screams out and wiggles the handle around violently. "COME ON! I'M SO CLOSE!"

"J-Jeno, you're being really loud-"

"Don't worry. Everyone's loud. No one cares. I'M ALMOST THERE! I HAVE IT!"

I look around and see a little boy staring at us before running away.

He probably thinks we're scary.

I inch closer to Jeno with an embarrassed frown.

<•>

"I DID IT! I'M NUMBER ONE! I WON! I WON! LOOK! I'M AT THE TOP! LOOK!" Jeno grabs my arm and jabs his finger on the screen.

I laughed. "Good job."

He wraps his arms around me and lifts me up. I yelp as he starts spinning around.

He sets me down after a quick second and pulls out his phone to take a picture of his "amazing" achievement.

As he was turned around, I find myself holding a hand to my chest and looking down. My breathing was slow and my stomach felt tingly.

That made my heart go crazy, go stupid.

<•>

We leave the arcade after a couple hours. Jeno finally did what he wanted to do, so there wasn't any point in staying longer.

"How come you didn't want to use your tickets?" I ask him.

"I'm saving up for something."

I nod.

"Want to eat something?" He asks. "I'll pay."

"Are you sure?"

"I'll pay, Sky."

"Ok....then can we eat outside? At the park?"

"Why?"

"It's really nice there." My gaze falls to the ground. "Only if you want."

"I want to."

I look back up at him with an elated grin. "Ok!"

"Where's Donghyuck?"

"Huh?"

I spin around and didn't see that loud guy anywhere.

Did we leave him there?

Jeno takes out his phone and dials his number. "Did he leave or something? Hey, Donghyuck? Hey, where are you? What? You left? When? How come you didn't say you were leaving? Wow, ok. No, we're fine. Ok, bye."

"Where is he?"

"He's with his other friends. He left when we were busy playing that dancing game."

I chuckled. "We didn't even notice he was gone until now."

"We were having too much fun." He smiles down at me.

I smile back. "We were."

<•>

Jeno and I grabbed some Chinese food to go and went to the park that was closest to his house.

We sat on a bench that was overlooking a small, shiny lake filled with plants and little bugs.

It was kind of gross, but really pretty.

"Hey, Jeno?"

"Hm?"

I fiddle my fingers around in front of me. "I'm...about the-the kissing...thing...do I...have to know....how to do it? I-I mean-I-I-"

"Gosh, woman, do you know how to speak like a normal person?"

"Ok, I'll be honest with you. Don't judge me."

"I won't judge you...out loud."

I sighed. "I want to be in a relationship with someone. Since I have a big crush on Renjun, I want to be in a relationship with him. B-But, it'll be so embarrassing if I don't know how to do anything and he gets...bored."

He throws away his napkin and rests his arms on the back rest of the bench. "He won't get bored. I'm sure he doesn't know how to do anything either. He spends way too much time in the library."

I grinned.

"But you can teach him."

"I can?"

"I'll teach you."

"You will!"

"Yeah, why not? I'm supposed to be helping you anyway." He purses his lips. "You have no hope on your own."

"Hey, I'm not that bad-"

"Spend the night with me."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

365K 11.8K 40
Your average cliche high school story~ -Haechan X Reader
6.6K 42 42
they met through an app. she wasn't perfect, she always showed a bright side of her but that wasn't truly her only they know read to find out :) // a...
1.3K 31 61
After a not-so-serious misunderstanding, Y/N finds herself in a cute friendship with her favorite kpop group. She later finds out that they may be mo...
15.7K 635 45
Jeno isn't really a loner per say, he just doesn't have time for other people. He lives a peaceful life with his babies and that's all he needs. He...