More Than Best Friends [Catra...

By arbitrarykerry

When Catra is banished from the Horde, she wants nothing to do with anyone or anything. But then she gets tra... More

The Beacon
What's in a Princess?
Curiosity
Reconnections
She-Ra?
Learning New Things
Planning
Planning (part 2)
Too Perfect?
Love and War

Secrets

2.7K 90 167
By arbitrarykerry

Glimmer

"WAKE UP SLEEPYHEADS!"

Both Adora and Catra bolted upright, Catra's eyes rolling when she saw Glimmer and Adora looking panicked. She jumped out of the bed with her fists up. "Where am I? What's happening?"

"Whoa whoa whoa!" Catra hopped up beside her and grabbed her arms. "Remember..."

Adora's eyes softened and she looked to Catra. "That... wasn't a dream?"

"Nope."

Glimmer had creeped into Adora's room while the two were still sleeping, cuddled together like a married couple and she had momentarily forgotten the events of the past few days and wanted to tease her like she always did, despite the fact she never understood any of it.

At her reaction, everything came crashing down again. Glimmer took a step back in surprise and drew her arms up to her chest as Catra calmed Adora down.

"Sorry." Adora said quietly after a moment.

"It's okay." Glimmer exhaled. "Everything is just fine." She forced out and both Adora and Catra frowned.

"Imma get Bow." She said finally, pointing her thumb behind her before walking off. She didn't feel like using teleportation so she just sluggishly moved through the hallways until running into Bow, literally; she hadn't been paying attention and the taller boy crashed into her.

"Oh, Bow!" Glimmer snapped back into reality. "I was just looking for you." She said. "Sorry, I wasn't really paying attention."

"It's all good, heh, neither was I. Is it because of Adora?"

"Probably, but, on the bright side, we still have She-Ra." She grinned and grabbed onto Bow's arm and transported back to Adora's bedroom.

"Adora!" Glimmer explained upon her arrival and Adora flinched at the sudden noise. "Hi, could we possibly have She-Ra for a bit?"

Adora shrugged. "Why not?"

Bow walked over to the sword that was laying on the floor by the dresser and picked it up, offering it to Adora. She looked hesitant but reached out for it. As soon as her hand made contact, another blinding light appeared for several seconds before subsiding to show another shocked Adora.

Glimmer gasped. "Did you see something?" She asked excitedly. Adora nodded.

"What was it this time?" Bow asked, voicing Glimmer's exact question. Adora stayed silent for a few moments before answering.

"I saw myself, surrendering... to the enemy."

"We're not the enemy though!" Glimmer interjected.

"Right," Adora replied, "and... Madame Razz."

"Who?" Catra asked.

"I met her after... escaping everyone who thought I was the enemy at Bright Moon." Adora continued. "And... Perfuma! I saw Perfuma, and Plumeria..." She trailed off, but no one else spoke, listening intently in hope of more memories returning.

"Oh my God, the Horde really did all that?" She resumed. "I get it now, I get all of it."

"You remember everything?" Catra asked hopefully.

"Not quite. There's still a lot I don't have but I definitely understand why I did all this, it's really been bugging me, but now I get it."

Glimmer chuckled. "Well, that's great!" She exclaimed. "Is there anything else?"

"...No." Adora replied.

"That's fine! It's so fine!" Bow reassured, then pursed his lips in thought. "Maybe, your memories will all be returned every time you touch the sword but there needs to be time in between them."

"That's it! That's got to be it!" Glimmer beamed. "Welcome back, Adora."

A smile tugged the edges of the blonde's mouth. "Do you still want Princess me?"

"Uh, sure." Glimmer responded and Adora raised the sword and said the usual phrase.

"For the Honor of Grayskull!"

A flash of light later, She-Ra stood in her place. "What the heck is happening? How long has it been?" was the first thing she said.

"Great, She-Ra's still broken." Catra murmured.

"Hey, what's that supposed to mean?" She asked, defensive, but playful.

"Okay, so," (a/n: at the end of last night's party (sorry i saw bmc last week so I had to)) Glimmer continued on to explain to She-Ra everything that had happened with Adora. She understood why her brain was all messed up and absolutely wanted to help fix it.

"Oh, what if I just stay as She-Ra, forever?" Adora suggested after discussing possible solutions to their problems.

"Please don't." Catra said quietly and Glimmer inhaled. "Yeah, I'm not sure if that's the best idea." She added.

"Why not?"

"I mean, sure, She-Ra's cool and all, but I'd prefer Adora." Catra said and Glimmer sniggered slightly. "And what if you... y'know, change."

"She's right," Bow said, "sometimes, you don't seem like the same person when you're transformed. But! Who knows more about Adora than you do, Adora? Why don't you write down a bunch of the things you don't remember so that when you transform back, you can read it all?"

"I guess I could give that a shot." Adora answered and Glimmer teleported to her room momentarily to grab one of her notebooks. When she came back, she handed She-Ra the book and a pen and she sat down on her bed, staring at it with everyone crowding around her.

"Start with why you left the Horde in the first place." Glimmer suggested.

"No, start with being promoted to Force Captain because Adora you doesn't seem to remember that." Catra interrupted and Adora nodded, putting the pen to the right side of the page and began to write.

Wait.

The right side of the page?

Glimmer examined what she was writing to see something very wrong with it. "Whoa whoa whoa, stop. You're not writing english."

"I'm not?" She raised her hand to see.

"That's... first ones." Bow observed.

"What? No way." Adora said but he was right. The words Adora was writing were simply lines and shapes organized in a specific way that none of them could read.

She crossed it out and restarted, only to write the exact same thing. "What?!" She exclaimed and groaned, starting again. The same illegible characters continued to emerge on the paper.

"What the heck!" Adora threw the pen down onto the bed. "I can't write english. Like, I physically can't. That's so... dumb!" She sighed and dropped her head into her hands.

"Uh, Adora could read first ones before she even knew anything about She-Ra so... just keep going?" Glimmer tried.

"You mean, I could read it. I'm still Adora, and I remember that."

"Right, sorry."

Adora picked the pen up again and started writing. Since no one else could understand, they just watched silently. Lines, circles, squares, random squiggles; how could anyone learn to comprehend that? The only thing heard was the pen on paper and the breathing of the four teens. It wasn't too surprising that they all jumped when the door to Adora and Catra's bedroom burst open.

.

Catra

Catra was glad Adora hadn't remembered anything about what she had done to her yet. Of course she wanted her back to normal but she didn't want to see that look of betrayal on her face again. She wasn't ready. Everything had gone back to almost normal when Catra had joined the Rebellion and she hadn't had to worry about all that stuff. Now, whenever Adora remembers that experience before all the redeeming ones, it might just tear her apart. She needed ample time to prepare for that.

Catra was still learning new things about Adora every day. Finding out that she was fluent in an ancient language was one of those. Trapped in the ruins with her was the first indication of this; she said something in said language to open a door. She said it was a long story but never actually explained it. One day she'd have to.

Quietly watching her best friend for as long as she could remember sitting in a tall, strong, warrior princess's form, writing in a strange indecipherable manner was strange but she had started to get used to things like this. Nearly hypnotized by the flowing of Adora's pen across the notebook page, she was startled out of her skin at the sudden noise of the door opening.

"Hey guys!"

It was Scorpia. She had been in her room this whole time, a day and a half straight; probably hadn't even gone out to eat. From the time they had spent together, it didn't seem like Scorpia ate a lot and it was surprising to see her eat so much at the Princess Ball.

Catra gathered herself and raised an eyebrow at Scorpia who just smiled and got ready to speak again.

"I have an idea!" She exclaimed. "It's good, I think, or not, I'm not sure. It's probably not, knowing me, my ideas aren't always the greatest and-"

"Spit it out!" Catra interrupted, not wanting to deal with Scorpia's babbling that always seemed to escape every time she spoke.

"Right! Okay, what if I, get this, betray you all!"

Adora and Bow glanced at each other and Glimmer made a quizzical look. "Uhhh..."

"I won't actually of course, I'll just tell them that."

"Tell who?" Bow asked.

"The Horde, obviously." She raised her chin. "I'll go back to the Fright Zone, say that I betrayed all of you, and tell them false stuff!"

"...so you can get inside information from the Horde! That's brilliant, Scorpia!" Catra said, standing.

"It is?"

"Yeah, actually." Said Bow and Adora looked mildly impressed.

Glimmer stood as well, crossing her arms. "How do we know you won't actually betray us though?" Scorpia put her clawed hand to her chin, contemplating this and Catra walked over to her, not too close, though.

"She won't, she likes me too much." This was true, but it didn't mean Catra liked her as much.

Scorpia's eyes lit up and she stepped over and squeezed Catra as hard as possible in a hug but Catra climbed out and escaped. The only hugs she liked were Adora's.

She met said girl's eyes for a moment and she looked slightly upset, her lips pursed. She had stood up at some point and joined the others.

Catra took several steps away from Scorpia and her tail swung around slightly. "See?" She said through gritted teeth.

Scorpia cleared her throat. "So, what's with 'Tall-Ra'?" She asked. "I'm not used to people being taller than me."

Catra had never really paid any attention to the height of either of the two but as she said that, she was right. Adora, as She-Ra, was ever so slightly taller than Scorpia who was the tallest person in the Fright Zone. Such a comment didn't really matter but, it was Scorpia, what else did they expect?

Scorpia glanced to the notebook lying open on Adora's bed. "Ooh, is that first ones? Entrapta would love that."

"Where is Entrapta anyway?" Adora asked.

"She ran off somewhere with Perfuma." Glimmer said and Adora shrugged.

"Anyway," she turned toward Scorpia, "you don't know, do you?"

"Adora lost her memory because of Shadow Weaver." At 'Shadow Weaver', Catra snapped a clothing hanger, that she had picked up at some point, right in half, imagining it was the sorceress herself. She took a breath afterward and calmed down and Bow grimaced.

Before anyone else could say anything, Adora let out a pained shriek and dropped to her knees, detransforming and holding her head with both hands. Bow and Catra immediately ran to her sides as she writhed on the floor in what looked like agony.

"Adora! What's happening!?" Glimmer yelled, totally freaking out. Scorpia had backed into a corner with her arms raised to her chin.

Catra and Bow held onto Adora while she continued groaning. "Can't your mom do something?" Bow asked Glimmer. Right, the queen was an immortal goddess person with healing powers.

Glimmer wrung her hand through her hair. "I-I don't know? She can't do anything to help if it's not something physical!"

"This looks pretty physical to me!" Catra exclaimed, trying to comfort a trembling Adora who had curled up into a ball, her hands still pressing in on her head. What on Etheria was going on?

Glimmer turned her head to either side of her with a panicked look on her face. "Uh, you're right!" She said and disappeared, presumably to get her mother. She appeared seconds later with the queen at hand and she was able to subside Adora's pain, at least making her fall asleep.

"What's going on here?" Queen Angella asked once Adora was okay.

"We don't know! She just- she must have had some sort of sharp headache suddenly!" Glimmer exclaimed and Angella put her hands on Glimmer's shoulders.

"Calm down," she said softly, "Adora will be alright." Glimmer's eyes moved to the floor and then back up and she nodded.

"What were you all doing in here?"

"We were trying to help Adora get her memories back-"

"And then Scorpia came in to tell us some brilliant plan-"

"And Adora just suddenly collapsed and-"

"Adora will be fine." Queen Angella interrupted the flurry of voices. "What's this 'brilliant plan' you speak of?"

"Oh, you're gonna love it." Scorpia left from her corner and led Glimmer's mom out of the room, spouting the same things she told the rest of them.

As soon as they left, focus was back on Adora. Despite what the queen had said, everyone was still the same amount of worried for Adora. Catra was still kneeling by her best friend, her head now resting in Bow's lap across from her. She leaned closer to examine her face. She didn't look nearly as pained as she was before but didn't quite look peaceful. Maybe she was having a bad dream. Catra only hoped it was her memories returning but also dreaded the fact that she'd have to deal with the regret of the things she'd done again.

Catra sighed. "Adora? Please be okay... this is all my fault!" She sat up again and smacked the floor with her hand. Bow looked up to her; until now he'd kept his gaze downward.

"Catra, this isn't anybody's fault. You heard Glimmer's mom, Adora will-"

"Of course it's my fault! Adora asked me to go with her the day she met you guys! I should have! I could've protected her when you guys clearly can't and I wouldn't have this guilt constantly weighing me down every day!"

"I understand but-" Glimmer cut in.

"How could you possibly understand?" Catra said, her voice breaking. Then she stood up and walked out if the room without another word.

She wasn't sure where she was going, she just needed to be out of there. She couldn't bear staring at Adora when she was like this. She was always so lively and happy, even when she left the Fright Zone Catra had noticed these things.

She ended up walking straight out the doors of the castle and heading for the Whispering Woods, the place had started growing on her, and she often snuck out to hang there when she needed to relax, something she never could have done back at the Horde.

The sun was hanging over the horizon, casting golden light on the shadows of the woods. It must have been late afternoon; Catra hadn't been paying attention to the time. She managed to get up on a tree and perched herself on a branch, watching the sunset. It was picture perfect.

But Adora wasn't there.

.

Bow

"We need the other princesses!" Glimmer shouted momentarily after Catra had marched out, throwing her arms in the air.

Bow carefully lifted Adora and rested her on her bed, then walked over to Glimmer, smashing her cheeks in his hands. "Calm down, Glimmer!" He said as kindly as possible. He, too, was worried out of his mind but he tried to keep everything positive.

At his words, Glimmer stopped pacing and looked him in the face. "We can ask the other princesses for help but you need to stop panicking." He said.

"No," Glimmer said, Bow raising an eyebrow, "not we. I."

"I'm sorry? Weren't we going to do that in the first place? That's why we left."

"And that's where Adora got captured-"

"I can't let you go alone-"

"I can't lose you, too, Bow."

Silence rang throughout the room until Bow finally sighed and led Glimmer to a bench in Adora's room.

"We're safer together." He said. "Now, let's go, the princesses will want to help, they love Adora as much as we do, and now that Entrapta's back, there's no reason for us to be apart. We'll get through this, I promise."

Bow pulled Glimmer in for a hug and just as they pulled apart, Adora stirred on the bed beside them.

"Adora?" Glimmer immediately teleported to her side and Bow ran over too. Adora inhaled deeply and groaned as her eyes slowly opened.

"Glimmer?" She asked, eyeing both of them. "Bow? What's going on?"

"Do you remember?" Bow asked in a concerned voice. Adora just looked confused.

"Remember what?" She sat up in the bed and Bow and Glimmer sat on either side of her.

The two glanced toward each other and then Bow raised a pointer finger. "Uh, everything?" He shrugged.

"By everything, you mean...?"

"Everything from the last few months!?" Glimmer gestured out the window where Adora had a perfect view of Bright Moon's horizon.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I? Did something happen?" She looked around the room. "Last thing I knew was Shadow Weaver got me, or, I thought she did."

Glimmer scoffed. "You mean she erased your memory while you were still unconscious? That is low." She said and crossed her arms. Adora's eyebrows furrowed.

"She what?"

"Shadow Weaver actually finished wiping your mind this time," Adora's eyes widened, "but now you're fine! So don't worry about it!"

"You guys came to rescue me? How long was I at the Fright Zone?"

"Only for a couple of hours. And it was Catra who went to get you, otherwise you'd have been there for a lot more." Bow explained.

"...Catra?.." Adora trailed off and both nodded. Adora began to gaze out the window not far from her own bed. After several moments, she sighed. "I'm sorry. I totally gave up back there, I could have prevented all this and I'm sure it was a lot of trouble for you and-"

Bow placed both hands on Adora's shoulders and she brought her eyes to his. "No, don't apologize. We should have gone for you as soon as the fight was over, but we left." He gasped. "We were bad friends again."

Adora smirked. "Quiet, you."

Glimmer chuckled. "Remember, the both of us were captured, too, and it was a hell of a lot more trouble for you to save us and you had to make sacrifices; we lo-nearly lost Entrapta and I'm still sorry for that."

Adora sighed again. "Alright, can we all agree that the past shouldn't matter?"

Glimmer smiled and nodded. "Yeah, we're together now, that's all that matters."

The three hugged, still on Adora's bed.

"Best Friend Squad!" Bow squealed as they all pulled apart, smiling. He was so glad to have both of his closest friends, practically family by now, despite knowing Adora for only a few months, back. Together, they could conquer anything. Next to him, Glimmer adjusted her position so that they were all sitting in a circle on the sturdy bed.

"So, Adora, would you do me a favor?" Glimmer asked and Adora blinked.

"Yeah, anything."

Glimmer exhaled a giggle. "Could you... by chance act like you don't remember anything?"

Adora looked taken aback. Bow didn't understand either. "What?" She asked. Glimmer's eyes darted to her right.

"Well... I don't trust Scorpia, fully, and she wants to spy on the Horde for us." She scratched the back of her head. "I just don't want her spilling that you got your memories back so quickly. I'm sure Shadow Weaver is counting on you not remembering certain things and having limited trust towards us, y'know?"

Adora thought about this for a minute, then pursed her lips. "I guess that makes sense. But what about everyone else? Catra?"

"Not Catra!" Glimmer blurted. Adora furrowed her brows. "Why not? We can trust Catra, I thought this was well known-"

"I know! It's just... she, well, uh," she looked stuck.

"She's close with Scorpia, what if she tells her?" Bow added and Glimmer gave him a 'thank you' look. He wasn't quite sure what this was all about because Scorpia seemed okay and Catra was trustworthy but that seemed like a good enough reason and Glimmer was struggling.

Adora stayed silent again until she shrugged. "I mean, I guess? I'll do that. Um, what did I and what did I not know?"

"You didn't remember about Catra leading enemy attacks on us but you know everything that Catra does about your defect from the Horde and your time you had here, mostly."

"Um. Okay, I guess." Adora said and rested her weight on her hands supporting her from behind.

"Great!" Glimmer jumped up and hugged Adora briefly from the side. "Thank you Adora! C'mon Bow!" She grabbed his arm.

"Wait!" Adora said. "Where are you-?" and they were gone. Glimmer had teleported the two to Glimmer's room and sat down on her bench. Bow crossed his arms.

"Why did you really want Adora to pretend she didn't have her memories?" He pressed.

"Thought you'd never ask!" She said and jumped up once again. "Partly, what I said was true; I don't trust Scorpia-"

"Why not?"

"She kidnapped us!"

"So did Catra."

"Yeah, but she's had time to redeem herself. None of us, not even Adora knew Scorpia that well, who knows what she's really like." Glimmer jabbed her pointer finger towards Bow's face. "Anyways," She teleported to a different part of her room. "I really wanted to see how she interacts with Catra! You've noticed she's acting different now, right? She's glad that Adora never knew of her betrayal and their whole fight and being each other's arch nemeses and stuff."

"Oh I see, you're being a chaotic shipper and stalking their relationship." Bow said with a smirk.

"I am not! They're just so obvious yet oblivious! I need to see the difference between how Catra used to view their relationship and how she does now."

"Alrighty then. Where did Catra go, anyway?" Bow asked.

"No idea. We'll find her eventually."

Glimmer laid back to rest on the soft bench she had ended up back on and Bow sat cross-legged on the floor, adjusting the string on his bow. He hoped Glimmer's idea wasn't too much.

.

Scorpia

The Queen had agreed to Scorpia's infiltration plan! She would start back first thing tomorrow morning. Meanwhile, she decided to surround herself in the fresh air of Bright Moon and the Woods. Going back to the Fright Zone meant musky skies and unhealthy air. She wanted to enjoy the weather while it lasted.

She walked out the front doors and took in a deep breath of the great outdoors. As she admired the sheer beauty of Bright Moon, Scorpia realized that she didn't remember much of her old kingdom and old family. It couldn't have been nearly as nice as here, this rebellion is called the Bright Moon Rebellion. This is the center of it all and it housed the Queen, Scorpia's sworn enemy up until about a week ago. Now they were trusted allies. How did this all happen so quickly?

She examined the entrance of the Whispering Woods and spotted Catra sitting on a high branch overlooking both the entire forest and the entirety of Bright Moon. Must've been a gorgeous view.

But Catra seemed to be staring off into space, lost in her thoughts. Her tail waved slowly beneath the branch it was hanging off and her ears had bent down. Something was wrong.

Scorpia walked up toward the tree she was perched upon and climbed up to a thicker branch a few feet below her. Catra looked over at Scorpia but paid her no mind, bringing her gaze right back to where it was before.

"What's up, Wildcat?"

She raised an arm up. "Don't- call me that..." She said, not moving her eyes. Sighing, Catra swung her legs over the side of the branch so she was sitting on it like a chair, facing Scorpia. Her eyes were still downcast.

"It's nothing, I just- I always seem to do something wrong, something that messes up everything."

"Don't say that. Name one time you've messed something up." Scorpia said, attempting to cheer her up.

"Well," Catra began to count off her fingers, "I followed the Horde even though I knew it was bad, I attacked the person I care the most about multiple times, I allowed her to be taken away and now she lost her memory and it's my fault!"

"Okay, I get your point, but where is it your fault?" Scorpia asked.

"It just... is." Catra began to adjust her position on the branch as to jump off it. "Bye Scorpia." She said and leaped to the forest floor, making her way into the Whispering Woods.

Scorpia awkwardly climbed down the tree, her large frame and the fact that she didn't really have hands made it difficult, and landed on an uplifted root, rolling her ankle and falling backwards. "Ow." She said, then noticed the footsteps approaching her.

She couldn't be seen behind the tree. She peeked out to see Adora strolling past, spinning her sword in her right hand. She was going in the same direction Catra had. Was she following her?

To find out what the deal was, Scorpia decided to follow them herself. She waited until Adora had retreated into the shadows of the forest and Scorpia emerged from her hiding spot behind the trunk but nearly jumped out of her skin when Glimmer and Bow appeared next to her.

"Scorpia!" Glimmer exclaimed. "What are you doing?"

"I was just talking to Catra but she ran off into the woods."

The small princess hummed in response and began to walk in the direction the others had gone. "Where are you going? Why is everyone going into the woods?" Scorpia asked. The second question was generally directed to nobody.

"No reason! C'mon Bow!" Glimmer dragged her friend along who shrugged at Scorpia as they entered the forest.

Scorpia was kind of confused, but decided to follow anyway. The woods were as dark and spooky as ever; she'd been in it only once before her initial journey to Bright Moon as part of a mission Hordak had sent her and a team on right after she was promoted to Force Captain. They'd gotten lost and couldn't find what they were looking for so it was a complete failure but since then, Scorpia hadn't stepped foot into it. Except to find Catra of course.

She managed to catch up to Glimmer and Bow who had stopped behind a large tree, peeking at something ahead of them. Getting a closer look, Scorpia saw Adora and Catra in a clearing, chopped rays of sunlight shining down on them. Adora was holding onto both of Catra's hands and the two were silent, seemingly lost in each other's eyes.

"Adora," Catra finally said, "I'm sorry." At this, she averted her gaze from Adora and turned her head down in the direction of where Glimmer was hiding. She crouched further behind the trunk.

Scorpia had taken several steps back so she was definitely not seen and Bow had sat back against a different tree. Glimmer was the only one who seemed interested in whatever was going on.

"Why are you spying on them?" Scorpia whispered and Glimmer only shushed her. With nothing else to do, she tuned into the conversation between the two girls in the forest.

"There's nothing for you to be sorry about." Adora was saying.

"But there is!" Catra said. "I keep... letting you down. You don't remember all of it but there's just... so much I've done.

"I... really care about you, Adora, and once you remember everything, you'll doubt that, but I just want you to know now. I just wish everything could go back to the way it was before..."

"That's what I'd like more than anything in the world, but now I'm with the princesses. My purpose is to protect Etheria."

"But you don't even remember half of that! What if you just forget the sword, we can just..." Catra sighed.

"Actually, Catra, I-"

"No, just... forget it."

Adora stayed silent for a few moments. "I had no idea you felt that way."

Catra chuckled. "Of course you didn't."

.

Adora

It almost made sense, the way Catra was acting. She still thought Adora didn't know about Catra and her fighting on opposite sides. She didn't want to deal with the same experience of regret as she did before.

Adora was somewhat shocked though. Sure, they were the best of friends back at the Fright Zone for their entire lives, but she never knew that she felt like that. It must of been a raise in compassion caused by being away from the influences of Hordak and Shadow Weaver.

She wanted more than anything to agree with Catra but she couldn't abandon her purpose. She didn't have the heart to tell her that she had, in fact, gotten her memories back.

"That's just how you are, clueless." Catra said, her eyes downcast. She looked up, her face considerably closer to Adora's than it when they first met up in the forest.

"Hey, Adora?-" She sighed again. "You won't even know what this means either, but..."

Catra began to lean her face even closer. Adora didn't bother to move back, it was nice having her there again and she just wanted to make her happy. All the while saving Etheria from the Horde. There must've been a way to do both.

Adora watched as Catra managed to grow even nearer, her eyes had shut. Everything seemed to be going in slow motion. That is until they heard a twig break in the woods next to them, followed by Scorpia rolling down next to them, she seemingly had tripped over something.

At this, Catra jumped back, her face was beat red for some reason. "Scorpia?!"

"Noooo!" None other than Glimmer ran out to join them, Bow behind her.

"What's your deal?!" Catra shouted, rage full.

Adora was mildly annoyed Glimmer had been watching them again but Catra's reaction seemed too extreme.

Glimmer raised a hand and pointed at Catra. "You were about to kiss her!"

"I was not!"

"What does that even mean?!" Adora contributed. She didn't understand anything that was going on, just that it seemed unsafe to ever talk to Catra alone in fear of being spied on.

Catra let out an exasperated groan and marched off into a darker section of the woods. "Catra, wait!" Adora gave Glimmer, Bow, and Scorpia a look before chasing after Catra.

a/n:
Hi!!!! This came out really late!!!! I'm sorry!!!! I wanted to post this before season 2 came out (whoops) - but anyway!!!! This is a shorter chapter and I'm super sorry it took so long, I've had essays to write, a drama production to perform and rehearse for, homework to do, sports to play, sleep to catch up on, etc I hope you understand. Also I promise I'll be writing more often - 3 weeks on between chapters! If I don't, you are legally allowed to hunt me down and smack me. Anyways I hope you liked this!! ^-^
Also I'm highkey freaking out about season 2 but I'm not gonna spoil anything yet but yeah
~ A

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.5K 2.6K 75
A mysterious person suddenly appears on Etheria, no recollection of how they made it there, or the events leading up to it. Covered in wounds and bad...
92.5K 3.1K 17
She-ra and the princesses of power Adora x fem!reader --- "Adora, why are you acting so strange around her?" "I don't know. But I do know I need to p...
91.6K 3.5K 20
(Based on She-ra season 4!!) With Hord Prime now in custody of Glimmer and Catra, as well as Adora breaking her sword and losing the ability to turn...
239 2 30
After sneaking out, Adora finds a sword in the forest. The sword gives her the power to transform into a legendary warrior princess named She-Ra. She...