A Second Chance

By LJMay03

Harper is a magnet for love. She loves love. But after had Seperation with the love of her life, she is start... More

1
2
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9
10
11.
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22

23. Epilogue

15.9K 629 75
By LJMay03

5 Years Later

"I don't care!" I pointed out to Ryan as we held me tightly.

"No." He stated firmly.

"I want to!" I cried out to him in frustration.

Ryan picked me up, making me squeal as he carried me to a chair and placing me down.

"You are six months pregnant!" He told me. "I'll do it."

"Men, huh?"

I turned to my left, seeing Stella grin widely before I started glaring at Ryan again and crossing my arms.

"Hmph! He won't let me stay on my feet too long. He did this last time too!" I cried out. "I just want to help."

"There's no point arguing with me. I'll tie you to that chair if you get up in the next ten minutes!" Ryan called out as he went to the BBQ, continuing the cooking.

I sat back, knowing there was nothing I could do.

Stella took my hand and squeezed it. "I'm so glad you decided to continue doing this with us, Harper." She said softly, making me smile.

I looked out in front of me, seeing Willow, now eleven, playing with her little brother, Jett.

"Me too, Stella." I sighed out.

I continued coming here around Easter, with Stella and our families. Ashton, Stella's husband was a bit funny towards Ryan, but after a few meetings, they got talking. They weren't the best of friends but they weren't enemies.

We were in day three of our trip and Ryan makes sure I do nothing but relax.

"Have you thought of any names yet?" Stella asked me as I watched Willow and Jett.

"No. Not really."

Ryan sat next to me. "We havent really discussed it." He said before bellowing, "lunch is ready."

In came the stampede, Stella's three and my two kids came towards the kitchen.

"I'll go help Jett." I mumbled.

"Yeah, sure." Ryan agreed, a smirk on his face which surprised me. Usually he would tell me not to fuss about it, he will do it.

But then I found out why.

I was having a hard time getting up. "Urgh! This huge stomach!" I growled, trying to push myself up.

Ryan chuckled, helping Jett before returning to me.

"Help me up, please Ry." I cried out as I reached up to him.

Ryan took my arms and pulled me up. "What are you doing?"

"I'm going for a swim." I told him, waddling to the water.

Ryan followed me until I was shoulder deep in the water. I felt his hands around me as he pulled me closer.

"You look so hot, in that bikini and glowing with pregnancy." He muttered kissing me.

I blushed at his words, as I always do.

"You know what would be better?"

"What?"

"A decent night sleep where my bladder isn't used as a ball." I scowled.

Ryan held me closer as I turned to the bank, watching the kids.

Willow loves being a big sister and I'm taking it before she becomes a teenager, before the phase of her ignoring us all kicks in.

Jett was a surprise though. Not long after our little getaway five years ago, I discovered I was pregnant.

Ryan was ecstatic. Then protective. He did everything for me, even when it annoyed me. We moved in together and before Jett was born, we got married.

Ryan constantly jokes that he is staying for the food I cook and I know he is kidding, but I also know it's a lie most days too.

I love him, so much, more than I ever did with Connor.

Willow still talks to her dad, but it's rare. She gave him another chance so many times, but by the time she was nine, she gave up. Connor had no interest in his daughter and after many nights of Ryan and I comforting her, she made the decision that she didn't want to see him again.

They do talk though, rarely on social media, but I see the comments and she ignores them mostly.

"How are you doing?" Ryan asked me softly, his breathe on my neck.

"I'm happy." I told him, tearing my eyes away from the kids to Ryan.

Ryan smiled widely and I can see he is also happy. "I love you."

"I love you too." I mumbled back, kissing him. The cold water surrounding us as his hands rubbed at my stomach.

"Maybe later, while the kids are asleep, we can go for a hike?" He whispered and I was curious.

"A hike? You wouldn't let me cook lunch or serve Jett's lunch." I teased, wrapping my legs around his waist.

Ryan stared right in to my eyes. "A hike." He waggled his eyebrows and then it clicked.

"Oh, a hike." I smiled mischievously. "Oh... can't you last four days without... hiking?"

"Baby, I can't last five minutes with you near me." He chuckled. "Besides, if I remember correctly, you wanted some last night but we didn't hike."

I grinned at him. "I promise, when we get home, we can hike to your hearts content." I kissed the tip of his nose.

"I'll hold you to that." Came his dark tone, making my heart jump.

I sighed in content. I'm happy. I have my family that I always wanted. It may have started out with the wrong person, but now I have found the right person.

"Mum! Dad!" Jett screamed from the bank. "I wanna swim too!"

"Put his life vest on, Willow." Ryan called out.

"Really? I never had one on for Will when she was that age." I smirked at Ryan.

"I wasn't around then, otherwise she would have worn one too." He growled back.

Willow put Jett's life vest on and came towards us. "Look out! Jett is coming!" She laughed, holding him by his waist. "Go to mum and dad!" Willow told him when she was only a couple feet away. Jett splashed towards us in excitement, forgetting to close his mouth as the water entered it.

Jett got to us, coughing as I patted his back.

"Silly boy. Close your mouth, baby." I told him.

Jett looked up at us, his face soaked and water drops on his lashes. "I did it!"

Ryan and I chuckled. "You sure did."

Another 5 Years Later

The fire place crackled and some wood popped as I laid in Ryan's arms. I felt the plush fur blanket against my skin as much as I could feel Ryan's finger tips roaming up and down my back.

We were on our holiday in the south of France, our hotel room lit only by the fire place.

We arrived six hours prior, two days after Christmas. It's something we do every year. Ryan spoils us, immensely and loves us all so much.

"Are you awake?" He asked me softly.

I moaned out a reply, not being bothered to answer completely.

His fingertips stop as he pulls me closer to him. I can feel his body heat on my chest and we had barely any sleep. Jet lagged was another word for it.

We kept the kids awake as much as possible, knowing we would land about nine at night so they could sleep when we got to the hotel room.

"What's up?" I asked him softly, rubbing my bare leg with his.

"Nothing. Just wanted to know if you're awake still."

"Babe, it's three in the morning."

"Yeah, here. I'm still in our time zone. So nearly midday."

I grinned. "Then you shouldn't have napped on the plane."

"It was a boring flight." Ryan moaned as he rolled on top of me.

"Then blame Lizzie, she picked the destination this year." I pouted. "But I can't sleep either."

"We can always make ourselves tired." Ryan smirked at me, making me laugh.

"We did that about an hour ago. Get off!" I giggled as I felt Ryan's kisses on my neck. "Stop it!" But as much as I pleaded with him, Ryan didn't stop and I really didn't want him to.

"You're so beautiful, Harper, especially with that smile." He told me, making me smile wider.

*

Ryan

"Get up!" I heard Willow as she jumped from her room.

I quickly placed a finger against my mouth, telling her to be quiet. Harper was fast asleep in bed and I didn't have the heart to wake her. We didn't get to sleep till about five thirty, now it's eight.

Willow pouted. "Come on, dad. We are in France! Sleeping is for the dead!" She squealed and jumped.

I shook my head firmly at Willow. She was now sixteen and had a shocking attitude. Jett came out, yawning and rubbing his face, now ten, his light blonde hair in his eyes.

"Is breakfast ready?" He managed to say between his yawning.

"It will be up soon." I told him. "Are your sisters up?"

Jett shrugged, walking to the bathroom. Lizzie and Lilly haven't been seen yet, probably still asleep.

The twins, Lizzie and Lilly, or formally known as Eliza and Lilly Anna were everything but identical. Lilly had my eyes and Harper's light blonde hair and Lizzie had her mother's eyes and my dark blonde hair. One looked like Willow, the other like my cousin when she was younger, Ashlyn.

I smiled at my family. They are absolutely perfect. Willow had legally become my daughter seven years ago, Connor didn't even fight it.

It's been ten years since I met my beautiful wife and I'm so glad I did. The very first second I saw her, she was like an angel made just for me. But instantly, my hopes were crushed upon hearing her talk on the phone. I thought she was talking to her lover, not her child. Saying words like baby and Will, throwing me off.

But I'm so glad I got to know her. I'm so happy with what I have. My life feels full and complete and I wouldn't have found my happiness without her.

The twins entered the main room just as there was a tap on the hotel door and I opened it, letting in the waiter with our breakfast.

"You guys eat." I told the kids. "I'll wake mum up." I moved to the bedroom door and closed it softly, latching the lock and crawled in to bed with Harper.

"Harper, baby, time to get up." I whispered softly to her, moving the loose hair from her face. Harper scrunched her nose up and moaned, denying the fact she had to get up.

Placing feather light kisses on her face, I coaxed her to open her eyes.

"Wake up." I said again, holding her.

Harper opened her eyes slowly, smiling at me. "Morning."

"Morning." I repeated back at her. "Time for breakfast. All the dependants are up, time for you too." I teased at her.

I watched as she closed her eyes again, moaning out a no and snuggling into my chest.

"I am happy just laying here forever." She told me.

Placing a kiss on her temple, I tightened my grip on her. "I agree."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122K 6.7K 26
True love never dies, it all induces when Kathy has a little crush on her neighbour Ryan who is goofy, and a very enchanting boy, but it turns out. T...
1M 52.1K 64
{ Sequel to His Nanny .} * P.s This is not a stand alone book. You have to read the first book ' His Nanny' to get a good understanding of the charac...
329K 10.9K 47
After a year long misery for the wait of filing a divorce with his unloving partner of 10 years, Chase Johnson has finally been given his freedom. Wi...
374K 9.7K 35
Kendrick Ryans is the CEO of Ryans Corporate. He's also a big playboy until his playboy behavior was forced to stop. To keep his position and his fat...