Disruption

By KierstenKBlair

An armed man makes a forced entry into the Adams/Foster home. The family struggles to remain calm throughout... More

Stranger Of The Night
Stuck
Untitled Part 4
Just Breathe
Flat-line
Safe
Backfire
Random
Update
Therapy

Sleep

316 6 0
By KierstenKBlair

Hey guys! I came back to the story to see how it was doing and I decided I wanted to add to it. So here I am haha. Enjoy!!!!

(Stef's POV)

It's been two more days and the girls were STILL sleeping in our bed. They were getting a little better and I hoped they'd be in their own bed tomorrow.

I crawled into bed beside Callie. Mariana was on the other side of her and Lena was on the other side of Mariana. We kept them in the middle of is us so they felt safer.

"I have, like, no room." Mariana complained.

Callie rolled her eyes.

"We really aren't in any position to say anything since we're the reason it's so crowded. She said.

"Took the words right out of my mouth." I told her with a smile.

I reached over beside me and turned out the light, something I wouldn't have been able to do two days ago. I leaned over to give Lena a peck on the lips, before kissing Mariana on the forehead, and then Callie in turn.

"Goodnight my babies." I told them, lying down to go to sleep.

"Night moms." They said, each turning over to try to get to sleep.

(Callie's POV)

"Hey. Callie, are you awake?" I hear Mariana whisper.

I turned to face her. It was about 2 in the morning and I still hadn't fallen asleep.

"Can't sleep either?" She asked.

"No." I told her. "I'm tired but I just can't fall asleep. I'm just so..." My voice trailed off.

"Scared?" Mariana finished.

"Yeah. I muttered." "I know it's stupid and he's not coming. But every time I close my eyes I either see the gun between my eyes, or Moms', or my mind replays you getting shot..."

I felt terrified just thinking about it.

"Me too." Marian whispered.

"What would of...what would have happened if Brandon hadn't come down then?" She asked.

I didn't even want to know. We'd almost definitely all be dead.

"We can't think like that." I told her. "He came down when he did and we're very lucky for that."

Neither of us talked for awhile.

"I'm afraid to go to sleep Callie." Mariana whispered after several minutes. "Every time I fall asleep I wake up screaming."

"I know." I told her. It was always so heartbreaking to see her wake up in such terror like that. I hated that there was nothing I could do, only hug her and assure her that everything was okay.

I didn't tell her that I was the same way. I didn't wake up screaming, but I've jerked awake with silent tears streaming  down my face on several occasions.

I grabbed Mariana's hand.

"We're going to be fine." I told her. "He's locked up and the whole family is okay. And I'm going to be right here when you wake up."

She squeezed my hand.

"Thanks." She said. "I love you."

"I love you too."

(Stef's POV)

I layed, awake, but pretending to sleep, as the girls whispered among each other. They were still so scared and it killed me to know that.

I contemplated speaking up to comfort them but I heard Callie try to reassure Mariana. She really was a brave girl. She's always making sure everyone around her is okay even if she, herself, wasn't.

She didn't realize that I've seen the tears on her face when she wakes up, terrified, in the middle of the night. I wanted so badly to help her but I knew she'll come to me when she really needs to.

Their conversation eventually came to an end when Callie promised Mariana that she'd be beside her when she woke up.

I was glad they had each other to go through this.

(Callie's POV)

I woke up to Mariana yelling and thrashing beside me. I quickly wiped the tears from my face, coming out of a night terror of my own.

I saw tears streaming down her face as she cried out, holding her side where the bullet hit.

I shook her frantically.

"Mariana wake up!" I whispered, not wanting her to wake up moms. But I felt them stir awake nonetheless. Stef reached over me to try to jostle her awake as Lena turned on the lamp.

"Mariana!" I said loudly.

Mariana's eyes flew open. I could see the fear in them as she looked around the room, slowly making sense of her surroundings.

"You're alright." Lena said quietly, rubbing her back. I squeezed her hand. Her sobs gradually subsided. She sat there, breathing heavily.

"Is your bullet wound bothering you?" I asked her, seeing that she was still holding her side.

She nodded.

"Come on, we'll go get your medication and another bandage." I said, moving to crawl out of bed.

Stef stopped me.

"No Love. Lena can go with her."

I watched Lena help Mariana out of the bed and into the bathroom. I felt useless just sitting here doing nothing. I wished there was something else I could do to help her.

Stef moved so she was sitting closer to me.

"I heard the conversation you two had last night." She told me.

"We..." I wasn't sure what exactly to say so I just nodded.

"Umm...Mariana was scared so I was trying to comfort her." I said.

"You were scared too." Stef said.

I shook my head. "No I'm fine. Just a little uneasy every now and then." I hoped she didn't hear the whole conversation we had.

She reached over and wiped the few tears that I missed and that had not yet dried from my face.

"You think I don't realize that you wake up crying too?" She asked.

I shook my head. "I'm fine." I repeated.

She wrapped an arm around me, holding me against her.

"You know...you really don't have to try to act brave all the time. Or pretend like you're not afraid." She told me. "Cuz I don't buy it." She whispered in my ear with a small smile.

I didn't say anything.

"Besides I heard you admit that you can't close your eyes without seeing that gun aimed at one of us."

So she had heard the whole conversation.

"And it's okay to be scared." She said. "I'm scared too. And so is Lena."

"You guys don't seem scared." I told her.

"That's because we're trying to be strong for you, just like you're trying to be strong for Mariana. Why do you think I was awake to hear you two talk? I couldn't sleep either."

It was kind of comforting to know that Mariana and I weren't the only ones having trouble at night.

I leaned against her.

"I just thought I'd stop being scared by now." I told her.

She rested her head against mine.

"It's going to take some time, love. What we went through was really traumatic. It's going to be a long time to feel normal again."

"Yay. That sounds so fun." I mumbled, making her chuckle.

"We all have each other." She told me. "Not one person is going to going through this alone, including you. So you need to come to us when you feel afraid. Or for anything else you need."

I nodded, feeling her press a kiss to the side of my head. And I knew she was right. It was going to be hard to go through this alone. I needed them and I didn't realize until now that they needed Mariana and I as well.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

806K 29.9K 105
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
66.4K 1.6K 89
Just things that I could imagine the 6 sisters saying to/about one another. It'll be funny, I promise.
120K 2.5K 101
14 years old girl living with her foster parent but they never cared for her once. She was force to be grown at such young age. She has given up the...
104K 2.5K 17
Stefan had his fair share of secrets. Many of them died with Adelaide in 1864. Cover by @shamones