Love You Despite |Complete ✅|

By MrsCoraF

****My brothers' best friend.**** Raina Jackson's been through and overcame so much. Despite all the tr... More

A Word/ Appreciation
0•Prologue
1•VIP
2•VIP II
3•Tesla
4•Small Card
5•Small Card II
6•Pool Party
7•Morning Run
8•I'm Not Quitting
9•I'm Not Quitting II
10•Yo' Bored Ass
11•FaceTime
12•That Kiss
13•That Kiss II
14•They Win
15•They Win II
16•They Win III
17•Let Me Talk To You
18•Baking Cakes
19•Deep Rooted Issues
20•Punkin
21•Masturbation
22•Bathing Suit
23•Pop Ups
24•Pop Ups II
25•End It
26•End It II
27•Dr. Mills
28•Nairobi
29•Nairobi II
30•Mr. Xan
31•Engagement Party
32•Howard
33•Mac n Cheese
34•Hey Rai
35•Hey Rai II
36•Gotta' Go Home
37•Back Home
39•Back Home III
40•Chicken Souvlaki
41•DNA
42•Seven O' Clock
43•No Champagne
44•DermaBlend
45•Arian Marie Adams
46•Bachelorette
47•Bachelor
48•Mr. & Mrs. Jackson
49•Epilogue Part 1 of 2
The Character Q&A
50•Epilogue Part 2 of 2
Lastly!

38•Back Home II

5.5K 370 176
By MrsCoraF

"A3, why didn't you tell me you had floor tickets?" Troy asked.

"I'm telling you now."

"Well when are we going?" He asked in a sarcastic tone. He was sick of my ass. But I love stirring
him up. Such an easy target. "Who is we. It ain't no we." I shook my head at Troy.

"Why are we talking about it then, shit?" He asked kind of irritated.

Me, the squad and a few others were at my house having a little celebration. Some colleagues and people I met along the way while getting into my own philanthropy work was present. Everybody came through to celebrate the win with me.

I had just inked a partnership with a popular pop artist. He was inspired by my vision and direction. He's into sketching and drawing so he wants to open up a gallery letting half the proceeds go to his charity called Battled Cancer. I'm thinking about putting up my own paintings.

We also have plans to open up an art school in Virginia, his hometown. That's later maybe within the next two years. We're getting together a few others to join in the industry. This was definitely something I wanted to continue, getting art programs in smaller inner cities.

"Troy I'm messing with you. I got everybody tickets. I wanted to lock it in for the playoffs." I let out.

"You always play so damn much. —Just let me know when and I'm there."

"You bringing your girl?" I asked.

"Nah, I'm not sure. I have to see if she'll be able to make it back in town." He was thinking on it. He wanted her there. Wow my boy's in love.

"How are y'all doing?"

"Cyrene, that's my baby man. I love that girl. Plus she a freak. She do get on my nerves sometimes though, with that smart ass mouth of hers." He beamed, and I mean his face lit up.

"Ima' call and tell her you're talking 'bout her."

"A3 don't play with me'." He said trying to grab my phone but I was too quick. "You petty."

"I ain't calling that girl." I laughed. "Now who's whipped. Aww, I love that girl." I mocked. Troy laughed shoving me. "Shut the hell up.

Raina should've been arriving any minute. I told her I would pick her up but she said Sienna had already offered. I'm happy she's coming back home today because I really need to see her. I've been working non-stop all week trying to secure this deal and get everything done with one of the studios. It's been stressful.

It's good we've been able to FaceTime though, like we use to. At the end of every day this week, we call each other just to unwind and release. It was a good feeling.

My mama finally talked to my pops. Which ended horribly. He called me because he locked himself in my old room. She had a knife threatening to kill him. I rushed over and tried to diffuse the situation.

I got the knife out of her hand. She was raging, shaking and crying. Her hair was all over the place and it was hard to control her. I carried her out to my car and drove to my house. I called my dad and told him to leave. I didn't feel like looking at him at the moment.

So my mamas been staying with me this week. She helped me get the party together.

I heard the doorbell ring. It was Raina, Sienna and Trey. "Hey baby." Rai sang jumping in my arms wrapping her legs around me and I caught her. She grabbed my face and started kissing and sucking on my lips.

"Get a room or something?" Sienna laughed. Rai ignored her and kept kissing me and moaning. She opened her mouth wanting me to explore inside. I started laughing.

"Babe, chill." I smiled extra hard. Everybody was looking at us, including my mama. I put Rai down, she started wiping the lipstick stain off of my lips.

"Why'd you ring the doorbell? You could just come in, you know that." I eyed her up and down, checking her out. "I don't know. J
It's still new. I can't just be entering folks' houses."

"Well don't ring it, here." I handed her keys to my house. "Use it next time."

She stood on her tips wanting to kiss me again so I bent down obliging. "Ok."

She turned to everyone in the room then back to me. She was embarrassed. "Hello everybody, sorry." She greeted them sheepishly which caused everyone to laugh.

"You're good Munch. I missed you too." I pecked her lips again making sure she knew she didn't have to be embarrassed. It wasn't that type of party. Everyone was chill and knew what's up. —Anybody who had a problem with our level of affection could leave.

Everybody embraced her all except Mike of course, which I understood. They needed to talk. He stood back I guess waiting for an opportunity.

Raina came back over to me after having a small chat with my mama.
"Munch, go ahead and-"

"I know. I'm going now. Just let me put my stuff away first." She was walking over to her suitcase but I grabbed her hand and pulled her over to Mike. "Mike and Rai y'all go upstairs and talk. I'll put your bags in the room, don't worry about that." Both of them looked at each other awkwardly then nodded their heads. He proceeded up the stairs and Rai followed. Leah and I stood at the stairs watching them go up.

"Thank you." She spoke. "This needed to happen. Both of them missed each other. It should be an easy conversation. They're both grown now." I mentioned.

"Yeah, he visited Mama Lauries burial site. He cried like a baby. He's been wanting to fix this. He thought he did too much damage, with the suicide attempt. The breakup and her being mad at him. He was afraid Rai might not need him anymore. —And that she would go on with life without him." 

"You know I wasn't about to let that happen. Not now anyway with me being back in her life and in his." My head shook.

"I'm so happy, for the both of you. It was a long year. I'm glad things are now in a better place between you guys." She smiled genuinely.
"Me too." I said before she walked off heading back over to KJ.

I brought Rais bags to the bedroom and made it back to the party to mingle. It was a good turnout but not too crowded. After about an hour I heard laughter coming down the stair. I looked up they were smiling. Ok, that's a good sign. I walked over to them. "Everything's good?"

"Yeah, we're good. I can't believe this went on for over a year. All because of my bullshit." Mike grimaced.

"It's your sister. I understand. Especially since she's been through hell. You're natured to protect her no matter what." I didn't want him taking full blame. All of us made decisions. I take full ownership of my part as well.

"I shouldn't have let it go on for a year though. I missed everything with her first year of college." He added.

"Hey my first year isn't over yet. Its almost, but its not over. So you have plenty of time to make your way to DC and bring my nephew and sis' too." Raina chimed in.

"See, all is well, no worries. —Now, do you want me to start calling you brother-in-law or stick with bro? What do you want?" I joked shoving into him.

"Something you need to tell me, y'all eloped?" He smiled. Raina and I glanced at each other then started laughing. "No, now you know I wouldn't marry her without you knowing it. But I plan to, God willing. So you can go ahead and get used to the idea."

"Well we will cross that bridge when we get there." He said laughing. "But you've always been my bro so bro is good."

"Oh and I almost forgot —babies, lots of babies at the very least ten. I want a big family. We can drop em' off to you and then we can-"

"A3 this conversation is way over. I don't want to think about you and my sister making babies." He scrunched his face.

"Good point." We all laughed. This was a good place to be. Everybody hung out for the rest of the night. I got my girl here for the weekend. Things were great. I felt like my bro Mike was genuinely there for us and I was ready to move forward from all of it too.

{Please Comment, Vote & Share}

{Thanks again guys!}
✌🏾✌🏾✌🏾❤️🧡💛

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Valentina By ash

Teen Fiction

11.8K 291 30
After getting brutally raped at a party, Valentina Ferrari loses the power of her voice, her feelings of safety, and the inability to breathe without...
1.6M 24.4K 76
Love. As 'beautiful' as love can be it hurts and bleeds. If you're unlucky you may even love the very person you know you can't have. The best friend...
41.8K 765 31
(NOT FULLY EDITED) Madison has dealt with abuse and heart ache her whole life thinking that it was what she deserved. First her parents then her boyf...
29.6K 1.1K 14
If there's anything Evie Barrett has learned in her sixteen years of living, it's that there's a lot more to family than blood. She's stuck by that f...