Enigma: A JenLisa One-shot Co...

By PerilouslyDexterous

ENIGMA noun enig·ma \i-ˈnig-mə •someone or something that is difficult to understand or explain More

Almost
Foreseen (1)
Foreseen (2)
Foreseen (3)
Best of Friends (1)
Best of Friends (2)
Best of Friends (3)
Best of Friends (4)
Trip
Right Kind of Wrong (1)
Right Kind of Wrong (2)
Right Kind of Wrong (3)
A Letter to Lisa M.
As (I)
It's (III)
Your Last (4)
Me, My Boyfriend, and Her
Me, My Boyfriend, and Her (2)
Me, My Boyfriend, and Her (3)
Me, My Boyfriend, and Her (4)

If (II)

1.5K 50 0
By PerilouslyDexterous

5 days after the accident, I was discharged. The girl named Jennie accompanied me to my old flat and to my surprised, some my things are outside and there's a signage on the door saying "for rent".

For the love of cows, I forgot to pay the rent for 4 months. What a very lucky day.

"You can go now. Thank you for accompanying me." I said while picking my stuff. Maybe somebody stole some of them because the landlord left them here.

"I can't leave you in this state. Do you have any place to stay now?" She said as she roamed her feline-like eyes on my neighbourhood

"Honestly, non---"

"Alright then. You'll stay on my place. I'll just call someone to pick your things here." Ugh. She's so persistent.

If I can just find somewhere to stay, I would definitely decline her offer. She's so annoying.

"Come one. He's on the way." She said as she put her phone back on her bag.

"If you just hit me hard enough to die, then you would need to do this."

I continue to pick my things up until I fell a cold palm on my skin.

"Like what I said, I didn't regretted it and for the record, I'm not a murderer."

I sighed. I stop what I was doing and faced her.

"If you are just doing this because you feel guilty, then don't. I can handle myself. Thank you." I continue picking my things then I felt droplets of water on my skin.

"Lisa! It's raining! Let's go inside my car. My friend's here already."

I guess I don't have any choice but to stay with her.

~~

"Welcome to my flat, Lisa."

The voice of this cheerful lady echoed inside the house.

It looks extravagant. Well, judging by the way this girl looks, I can say she's not an average person.

As time goes by, I get to know Jennie more. She's talkative, blabby, and any words that is synonymous to that. She talks a lot. And I am slowly liking it buuutttt. I never showed it.

"Yah! Lisa-yah you're not talking again. Are you not interested with what I'm saying?" The girl said as she sips her tea.

"What are you saying?"

"I'm asking you to say something about yourself. It's almost a month since we lived together and I still don't know anything about you." I told you she talks a lot.

"Is this some kind of job interview?" I said with a stern voice.

"Lisa-yaah!" She started to whine so to stop myself from getting annoyed, I just ask her what she wanted to know.

"Everything. Where are your parents, what is your job, how old are you. Every detail about you." She enthusiastically said

"Okay." I sighed in defeat.

"I live alone."

*crickets chirping*

"What? Is that all?" Clearly, she didn't expected that. 

I hummed in response.

"Where are your parents?"

"I'm an orphan."

"I am too. But someone adopted me." She smiled.

I just noticed, this very moment, that she's really beautiful. She possessed an ethereal beauty that made me question my sexuality.

Is it because she's really this close to me right now?

I didn't noticed that I already told her everything about me. From how my parents died and how my aunty's family beaten me. I saw how sympathetic she looks at me. She even cried.

"I didn't imagined that scenario would actually exist. I thought it is just in movies." She get some tissue for the nth time to wipe her tears.

"That's why I wanted to die now. To be with my parents again. To escape this cruel world. *sigh* But I can't kill myself."

"And I won't let you do it. Lisa, maybe there's a reason why you're still alive. I hope you'll find it soon. I'll help you." She put her hand on the back of my hand while she looked me direct on my eyes, as if she's trying to talk to my soul.

"I hope I will. Thank you, Jennie."

And with that, I let my walls that I built crashed because of her words, because of her.

~

There's something about her that I can't explain. She has a gummy smile and everytime she smiles, her eyes becomes smaller. I wonder if she can still see me. The positivity she possessed transfer to me.

Jennie likes to drink her tea cold. She sleeps with the lights on. She likes to wear long and big clothes that covers most of her skin. Lastly, she doesn't want to be alone. Well, everyone does. Except for me.

We decided to have a walk on the street since her car was broken. As usual, Jennie is wearing a way long clothes for her and I wonder why.

We continue to walk until I felt that she stopped walking.

"Hey Jen---" I was surprised when I saw her crying so I immediately run towards her.

"Jennie what's wrong? Are you okay? Did somebody hurt you?" I said as I check her.

"Lisa, it's him." Then she cried harder this time.

"Lisa let's go home now." I give her a piggy back ride since her flat is still few blocks away from here.

Her breathing became more stable than earlier so I guess she's already sleeping.

Minutes had passed and we arrived at her flat and I gently put her down on the couch but she flinched and cried again.

"Jennie, calm down. Who is the guy that you saw? Is he your boyfriend or what?" I started to caress her back

"T-that g-guy almost...r-raped me." She said fearfully, with her voice and hands shaking.

"After my dad left us, my mom committed suicide and left me as well. I lived all by myself for 1 year." How can she managed to live and smile knowing that she suffered a lot too?

"On my way home, I was wearing a fitted shirt and skirt. I noticed a guy tailing me and when he noticed that I acknowledge his presence, he dragged me to a dark abandoned street and almost raped me." She looked calmer now but it can be seen that she's still traumatized by what happened.

"Gladly, a man came to helped me but he was stabbed and died. That man is the husband of my adoptive mother." She smiled. A sad one.

"How come you're still positive in life? You experienced a lot. How do you do that?" I asked intently. 

"My mom killed herself because of depression. She didn't think about me getting miserable when she'd be gone. I don't want to be experienced by those who love me that's why I still want to live, despite all those things I went through." Then she smiled, as if trying to melt me.

"Good thing for you. On my case, no will feel my absence."

"That's not true. I'll be extremely sad when you're gone. I'm already used to be with you." I can feel her sincerity through her voice

She looked directly in my eyes and said;

"Lisa, please fight. Don't let your sadness reign. Fight for me please?"

I don't know what to say. I just grabbed and hug her tight. This is the first time someone is afraid to lose me. This is the first time that someone valued me.

Jennie removed my rights to be pessimist. She experienced a lot more compared to me and she's still happy and optimistic. It makes me like her more.

Shit, Jennie. I'm falling for your bait.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 28K 22
Lisa is a police officer, Jennie is a doctor... Two women, an irresistible attraction and lots of obstacles. Will they make it work?
27K 392 21
title is self explanatory:) • ~ • Will be doing a cycle: • Jenlisa • Chaelisa • Jensoo • Lisoo • Chaesoo • Channie #jenlisa #chaelisa #jensoo #cha...
28.4K 1.7K 80
random thoughts - mostly chaesoo
32.9K 664 14
a compilation of jenlisa one-shots.