Calista Lake (GirlXGirl)

By SkylarJapera

Calista never thought she would return to the dreadful town Black Oaks after her father committed suicide. Bu... More

Welcome Home
My Last Breath
Scary Monsters & Evil Spirits
Afraid
Enemies
Stop Looking, Start Seeing
Hearts A Mess
Another Day
Together
Awake
Bedroom Hymns
Rebellion
Glowing
Eyes
Lost Tree
In 4 the Kill
Say You Love Me
Fire

You Need Me, I Don't Need You

9.7K 425 56
By SkylarJapera

Chapter 5

Eleanor walks out of her first period of class and heads to her locker. She was chirpier this morning. She was in such a great mood that she didn't even notice the stares and glares she was getting from the other students of Black Oaks High. 

Eleanor spots the other three girls and approaches them. As always, Stella frowns and storms pass her. This has been going on for the last four days. Stella was making it her mission to avoid her. 

 "Hey, Luna how are you doing?" 

Luna was smiling happily and holding her books to her chest as she spoke. She was wearing a pair of tight fitted jeans and a yellow blouse.

"Good." Luna grins. "Sometimes my fingers tingle though."

"Well, what does that mean, witch?" Scarlet questions. Eleanor arches her eyebrow. She notice Scarlet over affection for Luna. She really cared for the girl even though she didn't want anyone to notice. "She is fine." Eleanor replies softly. "It's just a side effect."

"Whatever." Scarlet replies. The bell then rings and Scarlet says her usual 'peace bitches' and down the hall she goes.

"What is with her?" Eleanor asks walking to her class she had with Luna. Honestly, she liked Luna. She was great to talk to and didn't judge her. She was nice and sweet. Scarlet was mean, Stella was a bitch, Calista was confusing and with her not having any friends. It was nice to have someone to talk to.

"She just has a unique personality." Luna smiles. "You will get use to it."

"I have a unique personality." Eleanor laughs. "She has a anger problem."

"Maybe."Luna shrugs. "She tries though."

"When does she ever attempt to try?" Eleanor asks. Scarlet never seems like she is trying to work on her anger or outburst or nasty comments.

"Trust me." Luna smiles. "She tries. Sometimes she can be worse but she choose to be nicer. In her own little way."

Eleanor nods her head trusting Luna. They then head into class and it is boring. Luna is doodling and Eleanor is reading through her book. Luna taps her and Eleanor looks at her drawing and shakes her head at Luna talent. "That is not doodling. That is beautiful."

Luna smiles.

Later on in the day Eleanor was approaching Stella and the girls table. Calista was sitting next to Luna applauding her on her doodles of the day. "This is my favorite." She grins which makes Luna blush. It was a picture of Calista but very detailed. "God you're good."

Scarlet was sitting next to Stella and they were talking among themselves. 

"Hey guys." Eleanor smiles.

Eleanor was beyond happy. For four days now she can say that she actually have friends. Her grandmother would be proud. Even though they could be annoying at times and hard to understand. Accept for Luna of course but she was starting to get use to them.

"Sup Elle." Calista says scooting over so Eleanor can slide into the bench however the dark witch is stop when Stella raises her hand. 

"Don't. You are not allowed here." Stella hisses. Eleanor frowns. She immediately takes everything back about a new start and new friends. She rolls her eyes and storms off. She did not want to be further embarrassed. People were starting to look.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Calista hisses. "She has done nothing but be nice to us and help us through whatever the hell this is."

Stella however rolls her eyes dramatically. "I didn't ask for this bullshit. She has done nothing but mess up my perfect life-

"Your life is not perfect Stella." Calista snarls. "You and I both know that. What happened to dealing with your problems huh? It is not Eleanor fault that we are some type of gifted individuals." 

With that Calista storms off leaving Scarlet and Luna.

"I'm not leaving because I'm your friend." Scarlet says biting into her apple. "But that was fucked up."

Luna doesn't say anything but continues to doodle. However, now it is nothing but dark things because her mood has changed. She pouts. Everything is messed up now.

"Sky." Calista calls running after the witch.

Eleanor turns around and wipe her tears. "She's a bitch." Calista mutters annoyed at the fact Eleanor is sad. The darker witch sits on the ground and says, "I'm foolish for thinking that maybe...just maybe I was finally being accepted."

Calista frowns because she feels guilty. They both sit in silence while Calista plays a game on her phone and Eleanor reads.

Once Stella is home she is frustrated and angry. She takes a quick shower and then goes into the entertainment room and sits next to her mom. Her mom was knitting and watching Family Feud and Stella opens up her Chemistry book and begin to read. Once she has had enough she asks, "Mom."

"What Stella." Her mother replies.

"Why was I sent to the Netherlands?" Stella questions. "As a child."

Her mother doesn't reply and Stella continues. "I don't remember anything."

Her mother however continues to ignore her and then stares at her. "You need to do something about your hair! It is getting whiter."

Stella looks away sadden. "I try mom. Every year."

"Try harder." Her mother hisses and then gets up storming out the house. Later her father comes into the house. He reeks of alcohol and sits in his seat and says, "How was school?"

"The same as always dad." Stella answer.

"You better keep them grades up and don't go getting yourself pregnant because you are not bringing a baby in here. Graduate. Get married and move out. That's all you have to do."

Stella ignores him even though she hears every word. "You hear me!" Her father screams. He then grabs her Italian novel and sling it across the room. "Learning these stupid languages won't help you. Go to your room. If I see this book again I will fucking beat you. Now leave."

Stella just gets up and goes to her room. Her father always made threats but never hit her however the words always struck her to the core. She loved her father dearly. He was only this way a couple months out the year. Guess he didn't have a good day at work. Stella concludes.

The next morning Stella gets out of bed and goes into the bathroom taking her usual shower. When she gets out to dry her hair she almost shrieks when she sees how white it is. I'm dreaming! She thinks to herself.

Her hair is never completely white until Winter. This was too early. It was only September. Stella brain screams. She looks herself in the mirror again and stare. Her hair comes down over her shoulders white as snow. Now her mother would only look at her in hate. She didn't understand why all of this was happening. Stella screams and punches the mirror. She then screams again out of pain. She grabs her wash clothe and fold it around her bleeding knuckles and slides down the wall. 

She wanted to cry.

Stella dresses quickly and rushes down the steps and smiles when she smells breakfast on the table. She grabs her little brother beanie and pulls her hair underneath. Stella mutters a good morning and sits across from her little brother and stares at the feast on the table. Waffles, eggs, and bacon.

I'm so tired.

She hears.

Stella looks up and notice her mom is not looking their way.

He leaves me here to take care of these damn kids.

Stella again looks at her brother but he continues to eat his breakfast. She then stares at her mother again who was pouring orange juice in their cups. She then sits down and just stares off.

I can't believe he is cheating on me. I'm going to kill that slut.

Stella bolts out of her chair because she was staring directly at her mother but she had not open her mouth. 

My family is crazy.

Now it is her brother voice. She looks at him with wide eyes. He stares back curiously.

I'm I the only normal one?

Stella storms out the house. I'm not crazy. She tells herself. Once she gets into Scarlet car everything becomes silent. The drive back is not awkward but no one speaks. She knows Scarlet and Luna is curious about her all of the sudden white hair but they choose to drop it.

Once she enters the doors of Black Oaks High the noises begins again. She keeps on her bitchy face and as she looks at the students of Black Oaks she noticed everyone mouth sealed.

Whoa. It's not even cold yet. Is she dying it early?

Here comes the cheerleaders. I wish I could be one of them.

I need my mom to leave me alone

Argg. I really need to pass this quiz.

Oh Wow. Stella hair!

If only I had the guts to laugh. Dying her hair is ridiculous.

Damn Luna, I would totally throw her against a wall and-

Stella stops mid stride and looks at the guy on her right. She hisses towards him and he jumps back in fear.

Did she hear me?

She stares at him longer and then continues walking. Once she and the others split up she thought the noises would stop but they only continue and becomes louder.

She walks into her first period of class and take a seat. She shuts her eyes tight trying to drown out the noise but it becomes louder and louder until she is screaming, "Shut-up!"

"Are you talking to me Ms. Winter?"

The teacher eyes her and Stella looks around and notice the class was quiet except for the teacher at the front of the class. She rolls her eyes and the noises start again.

This girl need to stop with her want for attention. Damn, I'm actually trying to learn.

Here we go.

I wonder how would white hair look on me.

Stella groans and then storms out the classroom and into the bathroom. Two girls were standing at the sink. Stella growls, "Get the fuck out!"

The girl rushes out the bathroom and then Stella sits in the corner and sobs in her hands. What was wrong with her? She questions herself. She covers her hears the noise finally drowns out. Before she knew it someone was walking through the bathroom. She looks up ready to attack with her deadly words until she notice it was just Calista.

The brown skinned looks down at Stella and notice her white hair. She had to admit it fit her. Her pale face and bright blue eyes. White just like snow. Snow just like Winter. "Your hair?" She mutters.

Stella looks up at her eyes watery. She frowns and pulls her hair up in a ponytail. "I don't see why you hate it." The brown skin girls comments. "It's beau-pretty." She clears her throat correcting herself. She then cocks her hips to the side and asks, "What is wrong Stella?"

The white haired girl whines, "It won't stop!"

"What won't stop?" Calista questions confused.

"The noise." She continues to cry. "I don't know what is wrong with me Calista. Make it stop." 

Calista eyes her like she is crazy but she intakes a deep breath and sits on the floor and says, "I will sit here with you."

Stella smiles sadly happy the noise has stop. "My parents hates me. My little brother thinks I'm crazy and this stupid white hair is not making anything better." She continues to sob and naturally pulls Calista against her. 

Not much later the other girls were walking through the door. Stella stiffens and then looks up wiping her eyes. 

"She's hearing things." Calista explains confusion evident. 

Scarlet, Luna, and Eleanor comes into the bathroom and close the door.

"I don't hear anything now." Stella says lowly. Maybe she was just going crazy like her brother thought.

Eleanor bites on her lower lip and then goes into her bag pulling out her book. She begins to flip through it but Stella screams towards her. Hatred in her voice. "No! Stop this bullshit about magic Eleanor. I'm normal. Just leave! You're not wanted here."

Eleanor sighs and then says slamming her book shut. "Fine. I have class." 

Calista helps Stella up but frowns stepping back towards the door about to run after Eleanor. Luna looks towards Stella sad and whispers, "Are we not friends anymore because I'm different now?" Stella wipes her eyes again and Scarlet frowns dragging Luna out the bathroom. However, she stops and eyes Stella before leaving. "Stop being so fucking dramatic before you make Luna cry."

Calista doesn't know what to say. She grabs her books and walks out the bathroom leaving the blonde alone. She just falls on the floor and continue to cry. 

Later on the day Calista runs into Eleanor and says, "About Stella-

"Are you here to defend her yet again?" Eleanor questions she then stops not giving Calista a chance to reply. "I'm tired of her attitude. I am doing nothing but trying to help and she treats me like crap. I'm tired of it okay."

"I understand-

"No you don't." Eleanor fumes. "You get here and you're immediately accepted. So, no Calista. You do not understand." 

With that Eleanor storms off. Calista frowns and Scarlet comes up behind her and says, "Have you seen Stella?"

"I'm not her babysitter." Calista growls.

"Yeah, but you did have last period with her." Scarlet replies back bored. "Have you seen her or not?"

"No." Calista replies. "She wasn't in last period."

"You could have told me." Scarlet rolls her eyes annoyed. She then storms off to look for the white haired girl. Calista is left in the hall alone. She groans and folds her arm across her chest. If they were going to find their killer they needed to learn to work together. 

She was about to head to her class until her phone began beeping. 

Come to the woods now Bitch!
-Scarlet

Calista frowns annoyed about to ignore the message until she get another.

Please come to the woods.
-Luna

Then another.

Bring Eleanor please. She only listens to you.
-Luna

Calista locks her phone and heads to find Eleanor. She drags the witch out of class after lying to the teacher and Eleanor asks. "Why are you dragging me out my economics class?"

Calista frown in disgust. Who choose to take economics. She roll her eyes and then asks, "Where is the woods located?"

"Out that way." Eleanor points. "The back of the school."

Calista drags Eleanor her way and the witch pull her hand out her grasp and says, "This is about Stella isn't it?"

The cameral skin girl pout her lips out in annoyance. "I don't know. Scarlet and Luna text me."

"I'm tired of doing what they say. I thought you don't do what people tell you to."

Calista growls. "No one tells me what to do."

"Then stop acting like their pet!" Eleanor screams and then her eyes widen at her outburst. She could feel the anger radiating off Calista body. She was pissed. "I'm sorry."

"Whatever." Calista wanted to punch something. "Don't come. I'm NO one pet Elle.You of all people should know that." And with that Calista storms off.

Once she is in the woods she finds the two girls crowded around Stella. "What happened?" She questions. Stella was sitting on the ground. She was dirty and she was covering her ears talking to herself.

Scarlet shrugs and Luna bites her lower lip. She was worried. For some odd reason Calista could tell. Calista runs her hand through her hair and then approaches Stella slowly. She bends down and then asks softly, "Hey Stella."

Stella looks up. Her crystal blue eyes shining brightly. "I can't stop the noise." Stella grabs for her bottom shirt and Calista jerks towards her until Stella head is buried in her chest. Scarlet roll her eyes at the scene but she doesn't' comment. Whatever was going on was driving her friend nuts and she needed someone to fix it.

"Where's the witch?" Scarlet hisses cocking her hip to the side becoming impatient.

Before Calista could reply she hears another voice. "I'm here."

"Finally." Scarlet says and Eleanor eyes Stella in Calista arms but does not comment. She buries her head in her book and then walks over to Stella and touches her head. She mumbles a spell and explain, "You are a seer. You can hear people thoughts. I silenced everything for awhile but you are going to have to learn how to control it sooner or later. Your white hair now make sense." Eleanor looks off into the distant. "Seers are known for having white hair and being pure. They show guidance and can also with great power see the future.

Stella looks up her face red as her eyes. "There is no getting out of this is it?"

"Sorry no." Eleanor replies and then begins to walk off.

Calista quickly stands and rushes after the witch. "Hey, wait up." Eleanor however tries to ignore her but the taller girl was persistent. Calista grabs her upper arm stopping her and says, "Elle. Look, I think we all need to talk about this after school."

Eleanor frowns. They only wanted her around when they needed her. "I don't have time." She says looking at anything but Calista.

"Come on. I'm sorry about Stella but you should know better than anyone that she is the dramatic one." Calista tries to make a joke to cheer up the mood.

Eleanor rolls her eyes, "I will not be treated like crap. I refuse to. You need me, I don't need you!" Eleanor looks away because she is annoyed with Calista and with herself. She did need Calista. Deep down. But she refused to be treated like crap and Calista was confused on who side she wanted to be on. 

"I know." Calista replies. "I will talk to Stella. I promise."

Eleanor chews on her bottom lip and then sighs. Serve, Protect, Teach. This is my duty. She mutters to herself. "Fine."

They all agree to meet at Eleanor grandmother house. Luna, Scarlet, Stella, and Calista arrives before Eleanor who was running late.

"Where the hell is she?" Scarlet paces. "I don't like being in this dump without our Guardian Witch." She jokes sarcastically. "She's not even strong. How the hell she is suppose to protect us?"

"I think she is doing a good job." Luna pouts but Scarlet rolls her eyes and Calista says, "First rule. Stop treating Eleanor like shit."

"Look at who is trying to be a good friend all of a sudden." Stella says sitting on the couch.

"You should be kissing her ass after the mess she got you out of." Calista replies angrily. Stella turns her head while rolling her infamous crystal eyes. "I'm serious." Calista says. "She is at her breaking point. If we don't have her. We will all go fucking nuts. Stella you're at stage one insanity! Before you know it you will be strapped down heading to asylum."

Stella sticks up her middle finger and Calista replies, "I rather not waste my precious good." 

The white haired teen stands in anger and Calista cocks her hip to the side with a smug look on her face. She loves that she has hit a nerve. Scarlet steps between them rolling her eyes. She was suppose to be the feisty one.

"Stop." Scarlet says. "Look, I agree with the black girl."

"You really need to let that go." 

"Like I was saying." Scarlet starts. "Calista is right. I don't wish to be the girl who went crazy her senior year. So when Eleanor arrives. Let's try to treat her like a human being."

Stella rolls her eyes and Scarlet also states, "That means she is one of us now. So, we treat her like we would treat Luna."

"Luna's different." Stella comments.

"Eleanor's different." Scarlet laughs. "For you two. This sexual tension needs to be dealt with."

Calista frowns and walks away. Stella blushes but turns covering her face. However, Scarlet catches it. She whispers behind Stella and hints, "Didn't know you wanted to get in the new girl pants."

"Shut it Scarlet."

Scarlet laughs and then they all waits for the new member of the team.

Eleanor finally arrives fifth teen minutes later. She takes off her beanie and says, "Sorry, I'm late. I had a few questions to ask the teacher."

"Of course you did." Stella replies dryly. Eleanor puts her things on the table and then sits on the couch on the other side of the room away from everyone. The room becomes quiet until Luna smiles and show Eleanor another one of her pictures. This time it is a picture of her. Eleanor smiles and Luna bites down on her lower lip now blushing.

Scarlet crosses her arms over her chest and then says, "Look, we all have came to the conclusion that we don't know to handle all of this so maybe we should be studying about these special people."

"Reins." Eleanor corrects.

Scarlet ignores her and continues to speak. "Starting with Stella. How can she control the noises?"

"You're saying you all need me."

"I didn't say no such thing." Scarlet spats. "I don't need anyone."

"Yes, Eleanor." Calista finally sighs. "We need you." She eyes Scarlet. "Even though most of us wouldn't care to admit it. I'm sorry for all the bullshit."

Eleanor looks away from everyone and begins to bite on her finger nails. She then goes towards her book and opens it. She begins to flip through the pages and then stops. "Stella it seems you have the ability to read minds."

"Pretty bad ass." Scarlet says. "You can give me the answer on that test coming up this Friday."

Eleanor laughs and they sit around the circle and listen to the other witch explain everything she knew about Seers.

Around four-thirty Scarlet stands and says, "Time for me to head home bitches." Eleanor stands and the Spanish girl eyes her up and down slowly and say. "If you're going to walk in school with us tomorrow you seriously got to work on your wardrobe."

Eleanor looks down at herself and Stella says lowly, "She's right. I see you love black. Which is cool. I have a pair of black skinny's."

Scarlet then jumps in, "I have some nice bad ass band t-shirts from my Gothic, dark, depressing days."

"I'm not dark nor am I depressed." Eleanor wants to be annoyed and offended but she is not. She sighs knowing these are the girls she will have to deal with. The girls she will have to serve, teach, and protect. To death.

"That was my shirt Scarlet."

"Stop whining all the damn time."

Just kill me now. Eleanor thinks. Calista then catches her attention. The other girl was wearing skinny jeans that showed off her curves perfectly. Her hair was pulled up in a high ponytail and she was laughing at something Luna was showing her. She was beautiful. She looks away when the girl catches her eye. Before she knew it Calista was sitting next to her and nudging her shoulder. Eleanor pulls her bottom lip between her teeth and Calista says looking towards everyone. "We need each other." Eleanor opens her mouth to speak but Calista pokes her nose. "But yes, you're right. We do need you." Eleanor blushes and Calista winks and says. "Thanks."

Scarlet leans on the wall and laughs at what she sees. She walks over to Stella and whispers, "Seems you have competition."

Stella looks towards what Scarlet was pointing towards and quickly averts her eyes. She mask her emotions because she was good at doing it and smiles, "I don't know what you're talking about." and walks away.

Scarlet chuckles. "This is going to be an interesting year."

Please :) Comment

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3 0 3
A girl finds herself trapped, in more ways than one. Her captor tries to seem trustworthy, but can they be trusted? ~~~ TW: Major character death(s)...
4.4K 140 28
Penelope's newly returned first crush, Victoria, is distant. But she has good reason to be distant - she's secretly a vampire, and people in the town...
3.1K 180 53
Starting over is tricky, specially when you decide to do it in the same place you lost everything. It might work or blow up in your face. Some call i...
1.6K 303 66
Cara's family was taken from her as a teenager, and she spent the years after learning everything she could about the dark creatures responsible, try...