THE ENCAGEMENT

By ElatedRose

She's broke , she's starving and she hates men. He's rich , he's charming and he hates love. Unexpectedly a m... More

Chapter 1- The Beautiful Lie
chapter 2- The Harmful Proposition
Chapter 3- The Awful Contract
Chapter 4- The Unforgettable Face
Chapter 5- The Kidnapping Mayhem
Chapter 6-The Unexpected Confrontation
Chapter 8-The Glistening Sapphire
Chapter 9- The Surprise Surprise
Chapter 10-The Economical Dress
Chapter 11 - The Heavenly Wedding
Chapter 12- The I Do Dillema
Chapter 13 - The Mindless Heart
Chapter 14 - The Existential Crisis
Chapter 15 - The Serendipitous Dance
Chapter 16 - The Late Excuse
Chapter 17- The Conundrum of Misunderstandings

Chapter 7- The Dreaded Discussion

134 9 2
By ElatedRose

"Ivy!, Come let's go !"

He broke my chain of thoughts and I returned to the earth from the land of conclusions. Elliott skipped on the way and led me to the kitchen.

If I thought he looked good in a suit,
I was wrong

Mr.Carter was standing near the oven in an apron and shorts looking impeccable as always.

Sexy even....
I didn't know why, I felt disappointed that he wore a shirt underneath that apron...

Before I let my mind wander away more into those thoughts, Elliott enthusiastically pulled me towards the oven and tugged me down.

"He's baking a chocolate cake for me" he grinned, his eyes lighting up like two huge blubs.

He bakes?

"You bake?" I asked him, turning my head right. He just looked away and stared at the wall.

Instead Elliott jumped up excitedly and answered for him.

"Yup, he bakes the world's best chocolate cakes!"

"Really?"

"Yup and after begging him a quadrillion times, he finally agreed"

"You asked me 5 times" Mr.Carter, retorted.

Elliott just blew a raspberry at him.

Then he smiled.

Suddenly it struck me. It was the first time, I saw him smile without inhibitions, it was beautiful.

Some people look better with their mouths shut but Mr.Carter definitely made an exception, even his teeth were accurately positioned to align themselves into the most wondrous smile ever witnessed.

Elliott climbed on to the kitchen counter with rigorous effort, I give his bottom a slight push. After getting himself comfortable, he cocked his head to the side and looked like he was in deep thought.

"Ivy, are you big lord's girlfriend?"

I was stumped, I didn't want to lie to a kid but explaining the contract, is a road best not taken.

Before I could answer, Mr.Carter left me spell bound.

Suddenly all air left from my vicinity, replaced by the presence of a
scent that reminded me of a luscious green forest,

Like his forest green eyes..

Two warm lips caressed my cheek so gently that it almost felt like the wings of a butterfly fluttering against my skin leaving a sweet tingling sensation.

My body froze in place, his arm snaked around my waist pulling me to his side and strangely enough we fit, perfectly like the pieces of an estranged puzzle.

"She's going to be my wife" he smiled down at Elliott, his grip steady on my waist.

"Woah!, like mom and dad?"

So he's not his son after all

"Yes"

The alarm went off and for a split second, his grip tightened, he left me feeling strangely empty.

The smell of chocolate capsized the entire kitchen, dancing their way into my nostrils.

The man can bake

The cake slid right off the pan and he placed it on a cooling rack.

"What's the special occasion?" I asked, trying to make conversation.

"Nothing much, it's...." Elliott said grinning, looking over at Mr.Carter with playfully evil eyes.

"Elliott..." Mr.Carter warned in a stern tone.

"His birthday!!" Elliott said quickly jumping off the counter before Mr.Carter could even attempt to catch him.

"Not a single slice, not even one" Mr.Carter said sounding so much like a father scolding his son.

"No fair" Elliott said returning back from his failed escape.

"That was the one thing, I told you not to mention "he looked at him with narrowed eyes.

How someone looks good even while doing that was out of my comprehension

"Fine, Ivy's my friend now, she'll give me a slice" he said sticking out his tongue.

"Like she can" he chuckled.

Before I shut him up, Elliott dove in to be my saviour.

"You both are like mom and dad right?, so dad obviously listens to everything mom says"

Good one Elliott!

Then we just stood there in awkward silence until Elliot broke it.

"Ivy, when is your birthday?"

I looked like a deer caught in headlights, I didn't know why, I didn't want Mr.Carter to find out.

"...T..Today" I said looking over at Mr.Carter.

His reaction was completely different than what I had expected, he simply stared back at me, he wasn't even the slightest bit surprised like he knew all along.

"That's so awesome!, you both were born on the same day!!"

I tried smiling for his sake but Mr.Carter didn't pay me any attention and was busy icing his stupid cake to perfection.

"Bye Ivy, I need to go, grandma's probably searching for me"

Grandma?

He sprinted away out of the kitchen.

"Mr.Carter, who is Elliot?"

He looked up from his masterpiece and trained his eyes on me, I had his complete attention and somehow it made me nervous.

"He's Ms.Hattie's grandson, she brings him over whenever his parents are out of town"he explained scanning my face for any reaction.

"Oh"I breathed and his eyes left mine and were concentrated on his creation.
I watched him decorating the cake, it could definitely be in one of those you tube compilations of satisfactory cake videos.

Once he was done, he finally spoke "let's go do it"

"Do what?"I coughed, not completely comprehending what I just heard.

"Does your mind always live in the gutter?" He smirked in amusement.

"No, let's go "I said feigning innocence.

Staying out of the gutter was hard these days considering everyone around you lives in the gutter.

He took off his apron, I followed his perfect body out of the kitchen, we went into his study, it was a beautiful room with black and silver accents, it was dark inside and was illuminated by a beautiful lamp with crystals hanging from it.

Mr. Carter went to his desk and brought out the contract. I took a seat in a comfy chair beside the lamp while he leaned against his table with hands crossed.

"Do you want to change anything?"he asked.

"A lot actually " I answered, rage was starting to bulid up slowly when I recollected the absurd clauses from my memory.

"Do you mind telling me, what is this about me having to be loyal while you whore yourself out?"

"You have a peculiar way of phrasing things, it is a clause that can be understood with the help of common sense".

"I suppose I don't have any, mind explaining?"

"I don't have to be loyal simply because I don't need to, you on the other hand will be the mother of my child, you don't suppose I would be paying you to be the mother of someone else's child?"

"No, I don't suppose but I want it changed, as long as your my husband no other woman gets to touch you"

That came out completely wrong, what I meant to say was the rules had to be equal.

He looked surprised for a second, then he smirked, arching his eyebrow.

"You should have told me the reason from the beginning, I would have complied immediately"

"T...that is not what I meant"I stressed.

"Sure babe, anything else?" he said rolling his eyes.

"Where am I supposed to get a million dollars?"

"Easy, don't breach the contract and you wouldn't have to worry about that"

"What if I suddenly don't want to do this anymore?"

"You have to follow through with it, no matter what, I'm not paying you to do whatever you want"he stated.

If my eyes had lasers, he would probably a pile of ashes right now.

"Whatever but I need a period of six months to prepare myself to sleep with you"

"Six?!"he looked taken aback and his eyes widened slightly.

"Ms.Sapphire, do you not get the main objective of this contract?" he questioned.

"I obviously need time, I can't sleep with a complete stranger "

"Have you never heard of a one night stand?"

"Nope"

He just narrowed his eyes at me, irritation was clearly written on his face.

"No way"

"What do you mean?!"

"I'm not giving you six months, I don't want to stay married to you for longer than intended, don't like it ?, I can always find someone else "

"Two months atleast, please?"

As much as I didn't want to, I had to try requesting him

"N.."

I interrupted him "Please, I want the child to be conceived out of liking and not hatred "

He looked like he was in deep thought for a whole minute.

"Fine, just sign at the bottom and you'll officially be mine"

"I did not just hear that" I mumbled.

"Wait, before I sign, one more thing, what happened last night?"

"Really?" He deadpanned.

"I thought you slept, just as I was about to leave, you grabbed my hand and threw me on the bed, I pushed you off but you pulled me in once again and sat on top of me,very heavy I must say, then you talked about your dog for 5 minutes and threw up all over my 200 dollar shirt"

Who wears a 200 dollar shirt??!!!

"Oh........., I am so not heavy! and who changed my clothes?"

"Ms.Hattie did" he said with a pokerface.

"Thankgod, nothing happened" I sighed in relief.

"You wish"he muttered

"Excuse me?, why would I wish?"

"Everyone does, even a lot of guys, why would you be an exception?"

"I most definitely, am an exception"

"So I take it you would want to be artificially inseminated"

"No!, ...I don't like doctors or hospitals "

"But you like me?, see my point is proven, you do want to sleep with me"he smirked.

"I don't want to have this conversation with you right now"

I caught the pen in my hand, my heart beating erratically, mind numbing to everything around me, the world blurred.

I finally signed the contract, sealing my fate.The future was a huge black hole filled with gold and a billionaire.

"Now to teach you how to kiss"he winked.

"What?"

He inched closer until our bodies collided, like glistening waves and  slippery sand.

He was the wave and I was sand , ready to be swept away.

Author's Note

VOTE & COMMENT (PS; It helps my book)

*Virtually hugs all those who did, a soul crushing one

Apologies for the late update, it was supposed to be up yesterday but I fell sick and I didn't like how the chapter had turned out so I rewrote the whole thang.

Hope ya'll like it, thank you for reading!

Who all are excited for Mr.Carter to teach her how to kiss??

I know, I am:)

*thinks of various scenarios and blushes profusely

Ps: I love you

The next update will be after 4 days;)

Okay I'm out

Byee...eeee...ee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Blows kisses

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 94 14
WRONG BRIDE - CORRECT BRIDE Regardless of being a self- made Billionaire, the untamed billionaire Antonio is the heir apparent to his Father's stinky...
276K 7.7K 26
*NEW BOOK! * BONUS CHAPTERS OUT NOW! They say he's hotter than sin, colder than ice. The CEO of a Fortune 500 company. Built from the ground up. He...
4.3K 182 20
"Stay away from me, don't talk to me except if it is about my son or about something very important. And lastly don't fall in love with me" he said "...
235K 3.3K 61
𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝟏 𝐎𝐅 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐃𝐔𝐓𝐘 A U R E L I A : " I applied here to get away from my family and to pursue my career. Not fall in love with...