Long Way From Love (Mark Free...

By JoviEurope83

Mark Free and Lissa are childhood friends, their relationship is put to the test when Lissa is kidnapped and... More

Chapter 1: The Beginning
Chapter 2: After School
Chapter 3: After School Part 2
Chapter 4: Pizza Hut Mishaps?
Chapter 5: Give a Little Bit
Chapter Sixx: OWWWW, this hurts
Chapter 7: Are you drooling over Robert Plant?
Chapter 8: I'm In love with my car
Chapter 9: Graduation
Chapter 10: Are you okay?
Chapter 11: Morning Accidents, Nighttime Concerts.
Chapter 12: I'll never leave you
Chapter 13: Your In W.A.S.P!!!
Chapter 14: Photo-shoot
Chapter 15: I don't like her
Chapter 16: Um... Mark?
Chapter 17: Dancing With Desire
Chapter 18: I think I have enough money?
Chapter 19: I'm Buying The Furniture.
Chapter 20: Food
Chapter 21: Help Move
Chapter 22: Good Night, Good Morning
Chapter 23: I guess it's lunch.
Chapter 24: I hate saying goodbye.
A/N and Valentines day special.
Chapter 26: I hate saying goodbyes, part 2.
Chapter 27: A Biscuit.
Chapter 28: I hate doing stuff
Chapter 29: Sleep, Eat, Get Hit In The Face, Repeat.
Chapter 30: Raccoon!
Chapter 31: Back Home
Chapter 32: You Need to Eat!
Chapter 33: Good morning, another day.
Chapter 34: New Years
Chapter 35: New Years, Part two.
Chapter 36: Strange Start to a New Year
Chapter 37: Another year closer to death, Happy Birthday Mark
Chapter 38: Who knew one could hate flying so much?
Chapter 40: Promotional things are boring.
Chapter 41: You're going on Tour!
Chapter 42: Meh, it's nothing but a few aches
Chapter 43: It's Just A lot
Chapter 44: Going on Tour!
Chapter 45: Crappy Hotel Rooms and Opening for Maiden
Chapter 46: Up's And Downs Of Tour
*Writing improvement at this chapter* Chapter 47: I don't feel older...

Chapter 39: But I don't want to wear a dress!

21 3 4
By JoviEurope83

The blond girl woke up with a jump when Mick got into the car. "Did you get them?" She yawned. "Turn around, Anne." Mick spoke softly.

That was a surprise, Mick talking softly. He was more of an Um... How do you put it. He was more loud, obnoxious, out-going. He definitely did not seem, in now way, like the type of person who spoke softly to their girlfriend.

The tiredness of being awake all morning started to get to me. I rested my head on Mark's shoulder, he already looked half asleep. 

When Mark felt me lean on him, he moved to where my legs were a little bit more stretched out. He then wrapped his arms around my shoulders in a protective but tired way. My head rested on his chest.

"Oh, hey." Anne gave us a lazy wave. "Are you together?" She asked then. "No." I shook my head. She raised her eyebrows suspiciously. Yeah, okay, I'll admit, it probably didn't help that I was basically laying on top of Mark in the backseat of Micks car. 

"Trust me Anne, they are not together. They'll do everything a couple does but for sleep with each other." Mick tells his girlfriend, noticing her suspicious look.

I looked up at Mark, he looked down at me. His blue eyes looked like a stormy green right now with blue flakes. He bent down and put his lips to my forehead. I smiled at the cute gesture. It took me a minute to realize that Anne was still watching us.

"Mick, when is this thing that made me come all the way out to California for?" Mark asked Mick. "It's tomorrow night, and it is a promotional thing, there's gonna be other bands and stuff there, I think? I don't know, I really only pay attention to Carmine when he is talking about girls." Mick states, he kind of sounded like an idiot when he said that.

Anne hit Micks arm when he said 'girls'. Me and Mark both let out a quiet laugh.

A thought accoured to me. "Oh god, I have nothing to wear tomorrow night." I suddenly yelled. "Ooh, we can go shopping today." Anne squealed, girly. 

I hate shopping, so freakin' much. And if you're around me much you'll hate it too. I can never make up my mind on what I want and what looks right with me and anything, I can't make my mind up on anything.

"Sorry." Mark mouthed to me, a sympathetic look in his eyes. I just nodded then closed my eyes.

The car ride wasn't that long, we were soon at the hotel that the band was staying at. Both Mark and Mick got out, me and Anne didn't. I was to stubborn and Anne was asleep. Mick figured his girl out easily, he just picked her up. 

Me on the other hand was as stubborn as I could get and refused to get out. So, Marks resolution, was to drag me out by my feet. And let me say, that must of been a sight to see, I was doing everything I could to not move and Mark was doing everything he could to get me to budge. I probably looked like a cat about to be thrown into water  

My struggle soon showed to be in vain, Mark succeeded. With a 'thump' I fell out of the car and my skin was exposed to the early morning chill.  "Ow." I glared up at Mark. He laughed then held out a hand for me to take.

I took it and he pulled on my arm. I definitely got up but it was a little fast, I went flying into Mark. "God, you're lighter than you look." He mumbled as he steadied me.

We then walked inside. In there, the rest of the band was in the lobby waiting. Dave was in a chair looking tired, but now that I think about it, he always looks tired, he just has that soft kind of face. Johnny looked the exact opposite of Dave, Johnny was basically jumping around in his spot and looked ready to run a mile. Then there was Carmine who was looking bored out of his mind.

They saw us come in. Dave got up first and headed towards me and Mark. He bent down and gave me a hug. Johnny then came bounding over and did the same, that was followed by Carmine.

"What, she gets a hello and a hug, what about me?" Mark throws his hands up jokingly. "We see you all the time, Lissa on the other hand, we barely see." Johnny put his hands on his hips like a school girl.

"Meh, she's mine." Mark wrapped his arms around my waist. "I am not yours." I shook my head. "Well, you are technically not an adult and I am, your around me the most so yes in that way, you are mine." He stated.

"No, Mark, technically you kidnapped Lissa." Carmine butted into our conversation. I laughed at the comment.

Mick walked over to us with a room key, Anne was trailing behind him. "Sorry man. But Mark you're gonna have to bunk with someone, either you steal Johnny from Carmine or you room with Dave because they only had one room left." Mick held up a key.

"Take Johnny, please!" Carmine begged while shooting Anne a dirty glare. By this action I'm gonna take a guess that Mick and Johnny were together in a room and Dave was alone along with Carmine. Then Anne showed up which kicked Johnny out of the room with Mick and into Carmines room, also by Carmines look I'm gonna guess that Johnny is as annoying as you can get to room with.

"I'll room with Lissa." Mark looked down at me. "But it's only one bed." Mick looked over at us. "Eah, makes no difference to me." Mark grabbed the key. His words causing a blush to creep onto my cheeks.

"And you two are not dating, let along have sex with each other?" Johnny pointed at us with a raised eyebrow. 

"Never have with her-" Mark started. "Never will with him." I finished. But for some reason the thought of having sex or even being with Mark came to my head. With a disgusted thought, I shook it off and blamed it on the fact I was tired.

Everyone decided to go get another hour or two of sleep then meet back up and the band would go and do some stuff with there recordings while Anne drags me shopping.

Sadly, the elevator was out so me and Mark had to walk up the stairs, it was terrible. By the time he unlocked the door, I was already basically asleep while walking. So, when we got inside the room, I didn't even examine it, I just collapsed on the bed. The last thing I remember before drifting off into a dreamless sleep was Mark telling me he was gonna take a shower.

My sleep was sadly interrupted after about thirty minutes in. There was a knock at the door. Once hearing the shower on, I knew Mark was in there so he wasn't the one knocking or he was gonna get the knocking.

I slowly heaved myself of the bed with an exhausted sigh. My feet navigated to the door. And I opened it to be greeted by a girly squeal and a hug.

In front of me was Anne. I got a full look at her, her hair was shoulder length and curly. She didn't really look like a natural blond. She also had on oh so short shorts and a bright red crop top that showed off her breast, on her feet were three inch cork heels, she was also fairly short. Not someone that I think I would get along with but who can tell.

"Come on Lissa, we gotta get going." Anne grabbed my hand and pulled me down the steps and out onto the streets.

"Tell me about yourself?" She looked over at me. "Okay, well. Um...." Wow my life is boring. "I'm from South Bend, Indiana. I'm 5'7 just under 5'8 and 114 pounds, seventeen-" Anne cut me off. "Wait you're seventeen. Girl, I thought you were twenty or something. You're so tall and pretty, nice body curve and full breast with long hair. You're so beautiful, I would of never thought you were so young." She looked me over.

I smiled. A pretty blond girl who looks like a slut, not to be rude but it's true, just said I was beautiful and looked older than what I was, I have no idea how I should take this but right now it'll pass through my head as a compliment.

Anne looked over at me with the, 'keep going' look. "Well, my father died in a car accident when I was ten. It was also then that I met Mark. He's been my best friend sense and that's about it." I finished my boring life summery.

"Oh, tell me about Mark and you. Are you guys together?" She questioned as we turned into a small shop that looked as if it sold expensive stuff. 

Didn't she ask that question earlier. "No." I shook my head. God, this question is tiring. "But you like him?" she started going through a rack of dresses.

"No." I said with a flat tone of voice. "But you like him." She spoke again but this time it was more of a statement. Her eyes quickly glanced at me from behind her back. 

I've never really been asked that question, as much as I'm asked if I'm dating him I've never actually been asked if I like him.

I mean, Mark has a cute toothy smile with pearl white teeth. He's taller than me, not by much but enough to make me feel small being around him. His hair was kind of cute with it being a dyed blond and shoulder length. I honestly think he would look better if he let hi hair grow out more and let the natural color of his hair come in, which is a dark blond or light brown, if he did that he would probably look more mature and he'd most likely look like he would have a sharper attitude, I don't no, he'd look better with longer, natural colored hair.

Oh and his attitude. Mark was mostly quiet around people. He was so sweet and gentle to me, that was until somebody messed with me, when that'd happen he always becomes so aggressive and protecting. My heart warms when he does that, I no he cares for me. Oh, and... Okay yeah maybe I do like him.

"Oh my gosh, Lissa. You do like him." Anne yelled, turning around and jumping. It was then that the reality hit me, my best friend for so many years, I like. We'll never be together, I can't tell him that I like him, it'd be embarrassing, I've never really liked anybody but for some boy in tenth grade named Billy but that was all. God no, I'll just have to keep it secret, I'll have to act like I don't like him. In a matter of minutes, our eight year long friendship is suddenly stressing me out.

"I-I do like him." I admitted to the blond Californian. Why did I tell her, that answer I'll know. "You would make such a cute couple. I can't wait for the kids." The words that just came out of her mouth was beyond embarrassing. I wanted so bad to say, 'First off lady, I've only known you for what, an hour and a half, how can you judge that. And I can't have kids.' But I was smart enough not to say that. If I've learned anything, it's people get offended by small things like pointing stuff out.

"No, no. Anne, please, I don't know you well but you can not tell anyone anything about that, please!" I gave her a begging look. "Oh okay." She pouted, turning back to the rack of dresses.

"But you should know that he like's you too." Anne once again turned back around to face me. Oh my god women, make up your mind on what direction you want to face, the turning is making me dizzy.

"What?" I said a little bit to enthusiastically. "Yeah, before he left last time after finishing their recording, he talked non-stop about how excited he was to see you. One of the boy's mentioned something about you being a hot little chick and if you were single, Mark jumped down their throats, he seemed pretty pissed. And the way he looked when you fell asleep on him in the car, how you two seemed attached and he was quick to say he was sharing a room with you. In my eyes, it seemed like he likes you." Anne explained. 

What surprised me most about what she said was how observant she was to notice all of that. "He doesn't like me." I mumbled, pushing the glimmer of hope I had away. "Alright honey. Believe what you want." She rolled her eyes.

So in the time we were looking through stores to find a dress I learned stuff about her. Anne is twenty-one years old, makes me feel young, she apparently grew up with a lot of money in her family. I also learned that she had a thing with Ratt guitarist, Robin Crosby. She met Mick at the beginning of this year and in late February he asked her out, then mid March she was introduced to the band as his girlfriend. Than here we are.

"Lissa, Lissa, I found a perfect dress." Anne yelled and showed me what looked like a really tight red dress. "No." I instantly turned down the idea of that. But she somehow convinced me to try it on.

I was in a dressing room with her, stripping from the clothes I had on. I put the dress on, the mirror showed my reflection, I did not like it. The top of the dress had two very thin straps holding it up, also my breast were pushed up from the dress, bringing them out and more visible. Also most of my back was visible, the zipper went from my butt to my mid back, hint, hint, showing most my back. 

The dress came right above my knee on my right leg and slowly traveled up my left legs, my whole left leg was visible, it stopped right under my butt cheek, my right thigh was also somewhat visible. Oh and did I mention that it was extremely tight.

"No, not wearing this." I shook my head. Anne looked at me disappointed. "But you're pretty, Mark's gonna love how you look." Oh, so the only reason she picked this dress out was because it will get a mans attention.

"I look like a slut." I muttered. She heard me. "Stay here." Anne stomped out of the dressing room, coming back within thirty second holding more clothes.

"Now, put this on." She handed me a short leather jacket. I put it on, it was tight to, it stopped at my upper waist, kind of giving me more of a curve to my chest, but it also covered my breast a little when I zipped it up some, but at the same time still showing my breast.

"Now, put this on too." Anne gave me me lace up, black leather boot/heels with about three inch heels.

As much as I hated heels, I didn't feel like arguing so I stubbornly put the heel/boots on. Once done with that, my eyes traveled up the reflection in the mirror. For a made up outfit, leather jacket, leather heels and a red dress. It looked real good on me.

"We are definitely getting that. Mark will be drooling, hell the other boys will be drooling." Anne smirked, I frowned.

Oh god, now I'm scared to actually wear this out in public.

The day went by fast after that. We got the dress and stuff, I quickly dropped it off in the hotel room so no one could see it. Me and Anne then went to the studio where the band was. 

It turns out they were recording another song. So, we sat down and listened to it. I couldn't help but watch Mark. He looked so happy and content singing, moving back and forth to the music. They even had him at the piano at one point. It was a different sight, alot different than a band playing on stage.

Mick and Dave were sitting down in chairs while playing instead of standing, Johnny wasn't moving around so much but he was standing, strumming his bass. Carmine was the only one who looked the same as he did on stage because well, he was at a drum set, how different can that look.

The second the band noticed us. They stopped what they were doing and we went out to eat at some Italian place. Johnny kept making jokes about Carmine being Italian, which I never realized till now, he did have an Italian name and looked it. The rest of the band also joked around, Mick soon left with Anne, they were in a heated make-out session. 

And so the night went on. After awhile, me and Mark retired to our room. I was really tired and so was Mark. Neither one of us bothered changing, we just fell asleep on the cool sheets in the clothes we've worn sense that morning.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Hey, sorry for taking awhile to update. I was going to on Sunday but I had to re-write the chapter and my finger's were like cramping up badly so it hurt to write but I got it done. The picture is of Lissa's outfit. Also nothing in this chapter was true unless you want to count Mark playing piano, I don't no if you caught that but he did play piano. Sorry for this being so long, the next one will be too.
Vote, Comment, Follow and happy late Easter if celebrated.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26 0 5
*full version available on Amazon - free in KU* He's a semi-famous rockstar I'm Nerdy McNerdleton Elijah Sweet: born rock god, gorgeous, sinful Ella...
5.9K 2K 80
After a great war wiped out the Elevanas and the Glorindians, the last survivor fled to earth. Seventeen-year-old Fiona Cinderblock learned the way o...
1.3K 115 15
[TW for angst and sexual themes] This Summer, Graham a shy teenage boy gets to meet his new to be step sister, y/n and they couldn't hate each other...
13 0 31
A misunderstood popular girl named kimberly, meets an antisocial boy named Wyatt who gets picked on for writing stories and together they form an unl...