What Happened in Vegas

By itz_zubi

"don't come any closer" I stutter as he takes long strides towards me. I press my back against the shelf and... More

what happened in Vegas
cast
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
chapter twenty three
chapter twenty four
chapter twenty five
chapter twenty six
ANNOUNCEMENT
chapter twenty seven
chapter twenty nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty one
chapter thirty two
chapter thirty three
chapter thirty four
chapter thirty-five
chapter thirty six
chapter thirty seven
chapter thirty-eight: the end
β˜†new story alertβ˜†

chapter twenty eight

10.3K 412 26
By itz_zubi

Raphael's picture at the top!

Emiliana's POV
I move quickly and I am even surprised at how fast I walk despite my uncomfortable heels. I find my way to the storage room. if I am lucky, the file might be hidden amongst other files and hopefully in good condition.

when I enter the storage room, I gasp at how filled up the place was and filed with dust. I pursed my lips together debating if I should search for it. I would waste a good amount of time if it wasn't here.

I shake my head and try to be positive. I start my checking each letters carefully in case they were mixed up with other files. after searching for about thirty minutes. I was about to give up even though I felt terrible that Raphael was going to lose this contract.

I look around and that is when i see a very high shelve with only like four files there. I stretch my hands but couldn't reach. looking around for something I could use to elevate my height, I find a stool and quickly take it and climb it but I was way too short.  I take a jump for it grabbing the files but lose my balance because of the heels and fall on the floor, pushing the stool in the process and upsetting the dust.

I cough but not letting the fall get to me, search through the files praying in my mind that the contract was one of them and that they haven't already left the company.

I sigh in relief when I see the contract lying there in perfect condition. I stand up hurriedly and ignore the pain that shoots through my leg, looking at it, my left leg was swollen and red. I brush the dust away and limped to get the contract to them.

I pushed the door of the conference room and see Raphael shaking the men with no expression and his jaw tightened.

"I found it!!" I exclaimed as they all turned to me a look of surprise and confusion present on their faces.

I walk to them and drop the file on the table and step back while the other men gently took their seat again. Raphael open the file and breathes in relief.

"shall we?" he asked the men as he takes his seat and discuss a few other things with the men and after coming to a conclusion, they sign the contract. they talk and laugh more before the men leave.

As soon as the men leave, all staff burst through the door crowding around me, I giggle a little lifting my weight on my other leg. I wonder how they knew I found the file.

"wow, you are amazing" rhema said shaking my hand.

other people praised me, some I didn't know their name but I was glad that I was appreciated.

I spot Raphael walk outside with a smile on his face. I excuse myself from the huge crowd that had formed around me. they didn't notice anyway, they continued chattering amongst themselves while I carried on to the office.

"wow, we employed a detective " Daniel laughs as he emerged from raphael's office.

"Maybe you should pay me more" I laugh. I try to stand normally but the pain shoots through my leg again.

"your hair is covered in dust" Daniel says staring keenly at my hair before brushing it off with his hand. I smile at him before he leaves and I walk inside the office.

Raphael had the back of his chair facing the door. I stand for a few second debating whether I should talk to him but decide against it and find my way to my seat.

I pull my shoe off and my feet is red and swollen. I try touching it but wince at the pain and bit my lower lip to stifle the shout that almost escaped my lips.

"emiliana" Raphael called spinning his chair around. I put my shoes on quickly and walk hurriedly to the front of him. I wince again and his face had a look of surprise. he quickly stands up and In a few seconds, he was in front of me.

"are you okay?" he asks concern etched on his face. I nod my head staring down at my feet. he lifts my face up with his thumb and my eye connects with his. his eyes are begging me to tell him what was wrong.

"I hurt myself earlier...when I was looking for the file" I say giving him a small smile which he returns before pulling me into a hug. I hug him tighter taking in his strong cologne. he buries his face in my neck and trails kisses down my neck.

"thank you, thank you" he starts "I don't know what I would have done without you. we were so close to losing this contract, you don't know what you have done for me" he pulls away and runs his hand through my hair brushing the dust away.

"I wouldn't have been able to cope with the fact that you would lose the contract after what happened with piero" I say smiling at him.

"I love you" he smirks before kissing my forehead and pulling me closer to him making my leg ache.

"ouch" I shout and he pulls back quickly leading me to my seat. he makes me sit and squats in front of me pulling my leg so that he could see better.

"it looks bad...you hardly ever wear heels why did you wear today?" he muttered to himself

"well I wanted to look good for someone until you decided to avoid me like a plague and almost lose a big contract" I shoot back pursing my lips.

"I'm sorry ok, I was just so confused" he laughed plastering a kiss on my cheek.

"come on, we need to get you to a clinic" Raphael says walking to his table and grabbing his keys, just then, his eye lands on the coffee that I had brought earlier and tagged mystery girl. I shut my eyes as embarrassment washes through me. what was I even thinking?

"you never cease to amaze me" he laughs flashing me a smile.

I giggle awkwardly before speaking "i don't need to go to a clinic, I'll just use ice when I get home" I speak hoping he won't convince me to go to the clinic.

"I'm not taking no for an answer" Raphael tugs me lightly so I didn't get hurt and wrapped his hands around my waist. I wanted to protest more but I liked the situation we were in so I kept quiet.

when we get outside, I pulled away so people didn't start getting the wrong ideas again. Raphael noticed but didn't say anything even the drive to a small clinic that I had never even noticed.

we went in and they had very few patients. a young friendly nurse approached me shortly and led me into the doctors room, Raphael excused himself and walked out with the nurse.

the doctor was kind, I guess he was in his late forties with light blue eyes. he rubbed somethings which I didn't know and bandaged it up nicely. when he was done, he gave me his usual bright smile, scribbled something on his note and asked me to show it to the kind nurse from earlier.

I did as I was told and she in turn gave me some medicine that I was to use till the pain subsided and a cream for the redness and swelling.

"your husband asked you to wait for him there, he went out to get something" she smiles gesturing to some seats in front of her.

"oh, thank you" I say to her. I wanted to tell her that he wasn't my husband but it didn't matter. I was used to people thinking that we were a couple.

I limped till I reached the seat patiently waiting for Raphael.  few minutes later, he walked in with a paper bag in his hand. his eyes scanned the room till they found me and with a bright smile, he walked towards me.

"all good?" he asks squatting in front of me and unwrapping the paper.

"all good" I reply.

"I didn't know which one you would like so I picked anyone, i didnt want you to walk in that incredibly long heels even though its sexy" he winks at me as he brings out a pink slides that had several flowers on it.

he removed my shoes and replaced them with the pink shoes.

"should we hasten our trip to bahamas? let's say the day after tomorrow" Raphael asks standing to his full height and sitting beside me.

"won't we have a lot to do from tomorrow ?" I ask worriedly but he shakes his head with a hopeful smile on his face.  I press my lips together before nodding at him.

"great, we can grab lunch now" he mutters to himself checking his expensive looking wristwatches face.

"lunch?" I asked. knowing Raphael, he would take us to a fancy restaurant and I didn't want to be there with my bandaged leg. he nodded at me.

"but my leg?"

Raphael ignores me pulling me up to my feet. my leg barely hurts now. I could now stand properly without wheezing.

Raphael, being himself drives to a Michelin star restaurant that was crowded with rich people. Raphael and I, led by a server, found our way to a table with two seats.

another server with blond hair and green eyes with a dragon tattoo disappearing into his sleeves took our order and while we were waiting, a wine was brought to our table.

few minutes later, the same man from earlier escorted by two other men bring us our food. the tasty spaghetti and other condiments waited to be devoured.

"it tastes so good" I moan and Raphael laughs.

"Maybe we should come here for lunch everyday" Raphael agreed taking a bite of his own food.

"I'll never concentrate at work then" I savor the creamy taste.

"I knew it was you when I saw you from afar" a strong, manly voice called approaching us.

he was an older man with greying hair and wrinkles on his face. despite his age, his two piece suit still fitted him perfectly. I recognised him from the pictures I saw from  Raphael when I resumed. he was Mr Jon Chavez. he ran a business but I couldn't remember what it was. he was divorced from his wife of twelve years with three children  and was now married to a much more younger woman.

"Mr Jon" Raphael said standing to take his hand. I followed his actions and took his hand too which lingered a bit than it was supposed to.

"you are his  PA I presume" he said giving me a weird toothy grin and raising his eyebrows at me.

"yes sir" I smile again not wanting to appear rude.

"I thought as much, you look beautiful in a corporate shirt unlike other ladies I have seen" his eyes scan me from head to toe and back up till they land on my breasts. from the corner of my eyes, I see Raphael tighten his jaw and his fists.

"thank you" I still smiled at him. what I wanted most was for him to leave and not cause any trouble.

he licked his lips awkwardly and placed his hand on his jaw as if thinking.

"maybe you could come to my office some time after work...we could..." he didn't finish his statement when Raphael stepped in front of me and I shut my eyes hoping he didn't hit him.

"we were in the middle of lunch" Raphael said, strangely, his voice sounded calm than rude.

Mr Jon looked from me to him before bursting into laughter.

"you don't mean to say that you are dating your PA. or should I say use, people like them should only be used to quench our hunger" he laughed again in time when Raphael was about to throw him a punch, I hold his hand.

"no, please!" I beg behind him tears welling up in my eye. I didn't want the insult to get to me but it did anyways. I felt ashamed. is that what rich people thought of people like me. I wonder how I will look at Raphael after this

"you look like she has you around her little finger. what a shame, you have been blinded by her beauty" he laughs again and that was when Raphael got angry, he pulled his hand away from mine and punched him before pulling me and leading me outside.

"I'll get you!" I heard him scream.

surprisingly, no one paid attention to us. I guess they were not bothered by two people fighting.

Raphael drives in silence clenching the steering wheel, I could tell that he was still angry. my mind trailed back to what the man has said. people like us were meant to be used. I however pushed the thought out of my head, there's no way Raphael would just use and dump me.

"I'm sorry" I hear my voice ring out

Raphael swerved to the other side of the road and parks his car. taking my hand in his and kissing my hand all over. the little action made my eyes water and I started crying and bawling my eyes out, long sobs escaping my throat.

"it's okay, he was just a jerk, to think you were nice to him " he said pulling me closer and giving me a tight hug.

"I don't want you to be embarrassed of me, I don't want people to hate you because you are dating your Personal assistant" I say admist sobs.

"no, I love you too much to be embarrassed of you" he says and I can feel the smile on his face.

"really?" I say pulling away and looking at him.

"I love you so much, I think I'm really wrapped around your little finger" he sighs plastering a kiss on my forehead.

"don't be like that jerk" I laugh wiping away my tears.

"I love you too" I smile, kissing him on the forehead too.

thank you guys for sticking with me and reading my book, checking up on me and comenting/voting on my book *gives big hugs and hands out cookies and milk*
don't forget to vote and comment on this chapter, I tried to  make it as long as possible.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1M 161K 49
"C- Can you move b- back a little?" My words made him smirk and if it's even possible, he came closer. Why do I always have to stuck between him and...
4.7K 183 34
Matilda Huston is a 25 years old woman with a painful past, living alone and escaping from her abusive past. She moved to Canada a few months back an...
5.5M 157K 57
❝𝒉𝒆 π’Šπ’” π‘²π’Šπ’π’ˆ, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 π’˜π’‰π’‚π’• π’Šπ’” 𝒂 π‘²π’Šπ’π’ˆ π’˜π’Šπ’•π’‰π’π’–π’• π’‰π’Šπ’” π‘Έπ’–π’†π’†π’βž UNDER EDITING - PARTS OF THE STORY WILL BE CHANGED. He is ki...
5M 152K 51
(BOOK 1 OF MAFIA LOVE SERIES) [COMPLETED & EDITING] * "Arie," he whispered, his smile dropping as he closed the distance between us. "I'm s...