One Day - McLaren Family Ser...

Da Author_NMatthee84

Slow updates - Still need to edit. *** They always say One Day... One Day is all it takes to change the rest... Altro

Authors Note
Copyright
McLaren Family Series - Notes
One Day - McLaren Family Series - Book 1 - Characters
Chapter One - The Family
Chapter Two - The Meeting
Chapter Four - The Night at The Museum
Chapter Five - The Lady in Red
Chapter Six- Running for my life
Chapter Seven - Making Friends
Chapter Eight - The Night out
Chapter Nine - The Morning After
Chapter Ten - The Baby Shower
Chapter Eleven - Sunday
Chapter Twelve - First Day
Chapter Thirteen - Dinner
Chapter Fourteen - Let's make it work

Chapter Three - Driven

1K 76 91
Da Author_NMatthee84

Victoria's POV

My dad tells everyone it's time to go to the tracks. I know I was rude to Christopher but the way he makes me feel I have to stand my ground and show him that he can't walk all over me.

My dad explains that, unfortunately, they can't drive themselves but we have experienced drivers and that they will still feel the rush as passengers.

They are all busy discussing the new Silverton track and my dad told them that we sometimes test drive our vehicles there. Safety is our main priority and although it's a luxury sportscar our SUV and Sedan ranger is for the family and Businessman. That's why we test it in different environments.

I wasn't planning on doing the test drive myself, but I just want to prove something. I don't know maybe it's my pride pushing me, but I just felt this is something I should do.

I get myself ready in the dressing rooms and put my driver's suit on. I tell Anthony, one of our test drivers that I will take them. He started to laugh in my face, but he knows me well by now, and the expression on my face tells him they pissed me off so he goes back to the control room and says he will navigate me.

I get into the car and take a deep breath. I have done this a million times before and I am a very good driver but I still felt a little jittery as I felt the immaculately designed steering wheel under my fingertips. Before my nerves get ahead of me, I take a deep breath, ordering myself to not let anyone-especially Christopher- get under my skin.

I'm a powerful intelligent woman, who can do anything.

The next moment Christopher gets in the car and I am so glad I have a helmet on. In the car, Anthony's voice comes out clear over the speakers. I show a thumbs-up to Christopher, asking him if he is ready. I point to my safety belt and imply that he must put it on. He complies, and I push the start button as the engine roars to life, the vibrations passing through my arm. Unable to help the small smile I pull out of the garage to the track, and stop by the starting point, waiting for the counter.

The light goes from red, orange to green, and I floor the accelerator, finally able to race this car like it was supposed to be raced. I shift my focus on the road, occasionally peeking at the speedometer. The car has a sensational acceleration and goes from zero to a hundred kilometres per hour in four-point two seconds.

Anthony explains over the speaker everything about the model we are driving. "The first generation AMG45 is motivated by a two-litre, turbocharged, four-cylinder that puts out three hundred and seventy-six horsepower and four hundred and seventy-five Nautical miles of torque..." while Anthony continues I focus on the road.

I'm starting to feel more comfortable and it's time to show Christopher what this beauty of a machine can do, rather than what I can do, but I push this notion aside, for now.

I started driving when I was twelve and was taught by professional race car drivers. Safety always comes first and you can't be arrogant driving a powerful machine like this, and despite the temptation, maintaining a safe speed is mandatory. The track we are driving on is an oval and about five kilometres in all-around length.

The AMG is our test drive model. The matte black exterior gives it a sporty look and is hard to resist since it looks a lot like the model you will buy in the showroom of the dealership, but its inside is only two bucket seats and cross strap safety belts. It's for a test drive only and developing and testing technical and mechanical systems.

I am gaining speed, the drive is smooth and already at hundreds and twenty kilometres per hour, I'm barely controlling the urge to floor it, and test the limits. The top speed is two hundred and fifty kilometres per hour but I won't push it that much, maybe a two hundred just to make sure the engine is manageable at the high speed

We already did a slow round now it's time to put it to the test.

Christopher grips the seat, his fingers tightening around the seatbelt as I increase speed. He actually looks scared and I giggle.

I decided I am only going to do two rounds and then Anthony can take the other guys. I take the first corner, pressing on the brakes as the car drifts the corner gracefully, not losing too much speed, but enough to not topple over. I hear Christopher shouting. "This is incredible wow".

I keep myself focused on the road, I still have to bring us safely back to the garage. As I come closer to finishing the second round I decided I will only do one trick but not to be cocky. I can see he's enjoying himself, maybe a little scare won't hurt him; I increase the velocity, loving the way the car slices through the air. Christopher stiffens as we near another corner at this speed. Grinning, I pulled up the emergency brakes, turning the steering wheel, holding my breath as the car did a 360 and changed its direction on the track. Then without stopping, I let go of the brake and maintained a safe speed as I pulled over in the garage.

We both sit in silence, the buzz from the adrenaline in my ears, and Christopher's stillness almost makes me giggle. Then I hear Anthony's voice over the speaker; "Well done Vicky perfect as usual."

Christopher looks at me and says with a stunt voice, "Are you the driver Victoria?" We both got out of the car and I took off my helmet.

"Yes, it's me," I reply.

"I am impressed."

"Thank you"

"I would have never believed a woman can drive this good if I didn't experience it myself."

"Am I supposed to take it as a compliment?" I say, unable to help the agitation creeping up inside me.

"Sorry I didn't mean to offend you," he starts, but we are interrupted by my father and his friends. The rude one says he also wants a turn. At that moment Anthony joins us and I walk to him silently. I tell Anthony it's his turn, snd go back to the dressing room, getting dressed to go back to my office to finish my work.

Kate comes into the office and asks me if everything is ok and I tell her what happened.

"You know," she started,"I think you should go home and get ready for your sister's exhibition tonight, you don't know what nice English gentleman will be there tonight and that red dress will be perfect "

"You are not going to stop about that red dress, are you." I laugh.

"No I'm not" she chuckles.

"You know, you are right. I have to go home and wash away this day." My mother will be pleased that I am on time for an appointment. Tomorrow is a new day and I don't have to see any of them again. I ask Kate to let my father's office know I went home and if I have any appointments schedule them for another day."

"Done," she replies. "See you tomorrow ."

I grab my bag and walk to my car. I get in and drive back home, already done with this day.

***

At home, Jane and her kids jump me as I walk in. I love them so much and this makes my day slightly better.

" I want to show you what you bought for Bianca's baby shower." Jane laughs.

"Thank you for doing this. It's better that you did this because I know nothing about babies."

Jane smiles, pleased with herself. I look at all the baby stuff and wonder if I will ever have this. Why am I thinking of all these things today? I am going to make myself depressed today. Jane's voice brings me back to reality.

"I bought these different sizes and natural colours because they don't want to know the sex of the baby."

I nod and agree with her. She shows me the reusable wrapping blankets she is using to put all the gifts in. She always thinks outside the box and has all these creative ideas. You can give her rubble and she can create something amazing from It. I thank her again and my mother walks in reminding us that it's time for hair and makeup. Jane looks at me as if she could read my mind.

"You will also have this one day. You are still young." I don't know if it's the events of the day or her words but I start to cry.

"I am sorry," she says, trying to comfort me but it makes me want to cry even more. After a minute I say with confidence. "I just had a lousy day with someone who's not a very nice person."

She accepted my excuse. "well, the only thing that will make this better, is a glass of wine and some pampering."

We both walk out to my mother's room. After taking a shower, it was time for hair and makeup. My mother's two amazing personal stylists, Lindsey and Jessica. They are the best in the business and if you want them you have to book months in advance.

They love my mother, she is always first on their list, but these two ladies have a very interesting story. Rumour has it that Lindsey's husband Liam and his friend Brad, Jessica's husband are London's notorious crime kings. They have never been arrested but there was this rumour in the inner circles. The thing is they are insanely wealthy and they came out from nowhere so I think people are just jealous, besides the rumour mill always needs something conspicuous to make themselves feel better.

I don't listen to rumour and I love these two ladies. They have incredible style and do wonders for my confidants.

Jessica does my makeup, she did my eyes a smokey charcoal colour but also not too dark. It makes my blue eyes stand out more. My hair was a very modern style. I could not believe that it's me standing in the mirror.

Everyone keeps on going on and on that the hair and makeup are perfect for the red dress. I finally decided that it's time that I face that "red dress". I walked back to my room. I have a spacious room. King size bed, everything white, white bedside tables, and two comfortable single lounge chairs in front of the door that opens to the outside balcony. The ensuite bathroom and the walk-in closet are next to each other.

The dress was hanging neatly in my walk-in closet. It's a dark deep red. This is so not my usual pick. I usually wear black, it's perfect for formal black-tie events. I don't like everyone looking at me and this dress is an "everyone will look at me dress".

I take the dress off the hanger and get dressed carefully to avoid messing up my hair. My red lace underwear fits perfectly with the dress. I look at myself in the mirror. It got a very low back but because I am a petite size and my bust is size a b so I do not have to wear a bra. The dress fits me perfectly and I feel very comfortable. I step into the matching shoes and the picture in front of me looks like a different person. The next moment I hear my mother behind me and she is very pleased with herself that she picked this dress.

"I love it," she exclaims very excitedly. " I knew you would look perfect. You look all grown up."

"I am twenty-five mom. I think I can be called a grownup without all this makeup and the dress."

"I know," she says. "It's just, you are the only one left in this house and I know I will have to let go of you someday. So just give me this moment, that my little girl is a grown woman"

"Okay," I reply and seal her moment with a smile and a hug. She tells me that she wants to leave early with Jane and Harry and if I would not mind, wait for my father.

"He's on his way and just has to take a shower and get dressed in his tuxedo." I agree and they leave. Jane looks so beautiful in an emerald green dress and I cannot believe she looks so good for a woman who has two children. Her body is perfect but she was always very fit and healthy telling green is the way to go. Everything is organic in her diet. Well, she looks awesome so it must work. Just as they leave my dad walks in and his mouth falls open.

" Does it look that bad?" I ask, feeling a little nervous, and he shakes his head, saying "You look beautiful, my darling, just not used to seeing you so grownup."

I roll my eyes and think to myself what is it with everyone saying that to me.

"I will be just a minute", and he walks away to get ready.

****

Yay or Nay?

Vote and Comment

Thank you for reading

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

570K 49.2K 31
"Excuse me!! How dare you to talk to me like this?? Do you know who I am?" He roared at Vanika in loud voice pointing his index finger towards her. "...
3.2M 261K 96
RANKED #1 CUTE #1 COMEDY-ROMANCE #2 YOUNG ADULT #2 BOLLYWOOD #2 LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT #3 PASSION #7 COMEDY-DRAMA #9 LOVE P.S - Do let me know if you...
1.2M 29K 45
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...
1.7M 98.2K 88
Daksh singh chauhan - the crowned prince and future king of Jodhpur is a multi billionaire and the CEO of Ratore group. He is highly honored and resp...