The Star and the Wanna Be

By allison_bloom

Twenty-two year old Creselda Evans an aspiring singer (according to her), flew all the way from Oregon to New... More

Prologue
Chapter One: I am destined to be a "Singer"
Chapter two: Excuse me. Do you know where the restroom is?
Chapter Three: Dreams Gone Wrong
Chapter Four: All is Red
Chapter Six: Brewed Coffee
Chapter Seven: Negative to Positive
Chapter Eight: Out of Control

Chapter Five: Anything Can Happen

16 3 1
By allison_bloom

Why is life so perfect? I can’t wish for anything anymore. I just got here on my hotel unit from my fifth concert. I have a World Tour Concert and eighty more concerts were left.

I walked into the living room and met by hundreds of gifts, flowers, cards, CD’s and personalized albums from my fans. I love my fans so much, they are very supportive. And if it’s not for them, I am not here.

I took out a bottle of mineral water from the mini fridge and drank it. I went into the bathroom and looked at the mirror. My face was still covered with thick layers of make-up. I smiled at myself from the mirror.

I stripped off my clothes and stepped into the bathtub. It is already prepared for me, filled with strawberry scented bubbles and rose petals. I laid there and closed my eyes.

“I talk a lot of shhh.. when I’m drinking baby!”

“I’m known to go a little too fast!”

Hmmm… What is that noise? Will “The Vamps” would be on my next concert?

“Don’t mind all my friends, I know they’re all crazy!”

“But they’re the only friends that I have!”

I peeked with my one eye and saw a white sheet.

“I know I don’t know you!”

“But I’d like to skip the small talk and romance girl!”

I felt my surroundings and I’m not in the bathtub anymore. I think I’m on a bed. How did I get here?

I looked around to find the source of the noise. My head hurts. My eyes hurt too. I closed my eyes again and touched the bed around me. I felt a small rectangular object. I think it’s where the noise coming from. I grabbed it and looked at it with narrowed eyes.

I just stared at it until I realize that it is my phone. My old phone! Didn’t I buy a new one after my first concert?  

I closed my eyes, wondering how did it get back to me. Until it sunk into me that I was dreaming. It was all a dream!

I abruptly opened my eyes and looked at the screen of my phone.

Cristina was calling! Why?

“Yes, Cris?” I asked still half asleep.

“Good Morning, little sister!” she chirped from the other end.

“Good Morning too? Did you change my ring tone?”

“Ha-ha-ha-ha. Yes! I’m sorry. I changed my number’s ring tone before you left and I forgot to tell you. So, how’s your audition?”

“What?” I asked, now fully awake because of her question.

“Your audition. What happened to your audition?”

“Ahm..,” should I tell her? But they will get worried! She’s your sister, silly! She’ll understand! “Ahm.. It’s fine. It’s fine. They said that they’ll just call me.” I lied. What on earth are you doing, Cres? Hmm.

“Really?! Congratulations! I can’t wait to tell them! Wait a minute! I’ll be back!” she said and hang up.

I put down my phone and sighed.

I got out of my bed and went to the bathroom.

I opened the faucet and damped my face with cold water and dried it with face towel. I went outside to the kitchen. I opened the fridge. Perfect! There’s nothing to eat. Only cartons of fresh milk, orange juice, and 1.5 coke. I think for a minute.

“Hmmm…”

I took out the carton of milk and poured some into a glass. I drank and sighed.

“I really need to have a job. So, that this fridge becomes enjoyable to open.”

I glance at the digital clock above the fridge. 5:45A.M. It’s too early. Maybe I will go for a jog first before I went to find a job. I’ll be able to be familiar on this place too.

I ran to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I changed into my jogging outfit and tied up my hair. I put on some lipgloss, mascara and little bit of blush on, so that I wouldn’t look pale. I snatched my jacket from my closet and my keys and Ipod from my bag. I took one last glance at the mirror and left my apartment.

I put on my earphones as I ran down the stairs. I played “Anything Can Happen” by Ellie Goulding.

When I got outside the building I ran into Mrs. Miller. She’s watering her plants.

“Good Morning, Ariane!” I greeted.

“Good Morning too, young lady!” she greeted back.

“Is there a park near here?”

Yes, there is. Just turn right at that street and when you saw the pet shop, turn right again,” she pointed.

“Thank you, Ariane!”

She smiled and I started to jog.

After ten minutes. I finally got here in the park. There are already some people here who are also doing their morning exercises. Some of them were with there dogs. I suddenly missed our pet dog, Snow. We called him snow because he was pure white. He was such a very good dog and innocent. I wished he didn’t die. Because even if sometimes, I got irritated with him because he always wanted to play. He still made us smile.

I stared at the black Labrador. He was so cute.

Then I suddenly felt that I bumped someone. I checked who it was.

“I’m sorry. I’m not looking at my wa-“

“It’s okay. Hey! I know you! Remember me?” the stranger smiled pointing at herself.

I narrowed my eyes as I inspected her. She looked very familiar. Her curly blonde hair. Red full lips. Blue ey-.

Yeah! I remember you!” pointing at her with my index finger. “Yesterday. At Golds Recording, right?” I cringed a little as I said the name. “What is your name again?” I asked.

“Yes! I’m Janeña Anderson. How’s your audition?”

“Unfortunately, I didn’t make it.” I said with sad smile.

“How sad. Don’t worry I think there are more opportunities for you out there.”

I nodded in agreement. “You’re right. How about you? How’s your audition?” I asked.

She chuckled. “I’m not there to audition.”

“So, why are you there?” I asked confused.

“I’m just delivering a message to my uncle’s friend.”

“Ah. Okay.”

“By the way, do you have plans today? I have two tickets for a movie later this evening and my friend told me that she can’t make it”.

“Ahm.. Maybe after my job hunting,” I said.

“You’re looking for a job? You know what? I can help you with that,” she smiled and took out something from her bag. “Here,” I took it from her. It was a calling card. “John Peterson” HR Manager, Golds Recording Company, was written on it and his contact number. I looked back at her.

“That’s my uncle’s calling card. He works at Golds Recording. He told me that they are looking for the position of assistant. But I’m busy with some stuff so maybe you are fit for that job.”

I smiled and hugged her. “Thank you so much. You’re an angel,” I whispered to her ears.

She chuckled. “So, are you free tonight?”

“We’ll see, I hope to finish early when I applied there.”

“I know you can do it.”

“Ha-ha. Thank you.”

We exchanged numbers and she left.

I went back to my apartment and called Janeña’s uncle. He told me that I don’t need to bring resume. I would just go there for my interview. I’m Janeña’s friend so he told me that’s all I have to do, and he’s the one who’s going to interview me.

I went back to my apartment and took a bath. I wore corporal attire. I stopped by the coffee shop at the corner block before I went to my interview and ordered my usual. I prayed first then I headed to Golds Recordings. Good luck to me.

~~~

            -After two hours-

I just got here in my apartment from Golds Recording. I got the job. When I got there, I was greeted by Mr. Peterson. He was a good man. He told me that I was already hired. I just need to be tough for this job because I will become the assistant of the owner’s son.

            He was a hard one and so many of his assistants resigned after a week of reporting. That was why they really needed a tough one. I would start to report tomorrow at seven in the morning. Hmm. Janeña was really a blessing. She was an angel who saved me from hell.

I headed straight to my bedroom and changed into a casual wear. My feet hurt from wearing heels. My phone beeped and I checked it. I got a text from Janeña.

“Hi, Creselda. Why don’t we go for a snack first before we go to the cinema?”

“Sure.”

“Meet me at McDonalds.”

“Okay.”

I rest for half an hour and went to McDonalds. When I got there, Janeña wasn’t there yet. It is full of customers. Only one table has two empty seats. But there is already a guy sitting on that table. His back was turned on me and he was wearing a red hoodie.

Hmm. I’m craving for McDonald’s fries. Maybe I could talk to the guy first if it is alright for us to sit with him before Janeña arrives.

I walked towards him. I tapped his back.

“Excuse me, sir. Is it alright with you if my friend and I sit wi-“

“Creselda?”

I blinked.

~~~     

-A/N-

If you liked it please vote, comment follow. Thank you for reading :)

P.S. Janeña's picture on the side and the song "Anything Can Happen" by Ellie Goulding :) -->

allison_bloom

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...