Let's Make A Deal, My King

De YuuMA08

"You...? Cassius...?" I asked the ten-year-old kid who looked exactly like Cassius and he was crying. "Amelia... Mai multe

1: Betrayed
2: It's Time To Run Again
3: Caught
4: The King's Aethyraz
5: A Chance
6: Dinner With The Predators
7: A Dream Or A Nightmare?
8: Poisoned Letter
9: Black Magic
10: The Mark And A Date
11: A Great Training Experience
12: Caduta Del Fenice
13: Heads Or Tails
14: His Secret
15: Nothing Beats Procrastination On A Nice Weather.
16: L'angelo Fenice
17: When Something Annoying Comes Up, Another One Appears
18: Possession
19: Instincts Taking Over
20: Favorite Handsome Brother Meets Most Handsome Mate
Very Important Note
21: The Continuation Of The Book
23: Rise From The Flames Of Thy Enemy
24: Revealing Secrets
25: Vision
26: A Half-blood's Side-Effects
27: Lazuline's Heir
28: Estra
29: Cupcakes And A Secret
30: Whereabouts and Weakness
31: Uninvited Guest
32: An Anticlimactic Experience
33: Every Second Counts
34: Meeting The First And The Second
35: The Deal
36: Little Carlyle
37: Another Date?
38: Date On Faerie Territory
39: Into The Faerie Kingdom

22: An Attack

1.5K 60 3
De YuuMA08

Amelia

The situation in the pack house right now is chaotic. Cassius is in his office along with Zeyd and Hans while, Casper, Venus, and I helped the women, the elder, and the children to evacuate to the basement. Luckily, the rogues were still in the woods fighting some of the warriors patrolling the area.

Lance was standing at the center of the field together with fifty men, all lined up with guns. They were shooting the rogues who emerges from the woods. They are doing this to protect the people who were trying to evacuate.

The Alpha and Luna right now aren't here since they went to the main pack, which is in France after I got to meet them since there can't be more than one leader of a pack. I didn't even get to know them for more than an hour and they already left with little Callum.

We had evacuated everyone just in time for the rogues to swarm out of the woods. Cassius, Zeyd, and Hans went out of the office to go outside. They didn't even let me and Venus join them outside but let's face it, I am not obedient so Ven, Casper, and I went out secretly and hid in the bushes. The rogues did not attack yet and so as the warriors. Cassius, Zeyd, and Hans were in front of them.

Suddenly, a man and a woman walked in front of the rogues. The man, which I'm guessing is the leader, has a gruff hobo-like appearance with an unshaven beard and red eyes similar to a person on drugs. Then the woman was quite unusual. She has tan skin, and long hair with big and dark green circle accessories all over her neck, hands, feet, and ears. She also has writing-like tattoos, the ones I've seen before on a picture Xerxes showed me about an Egyptian witch.

"Leave or I'll kill each and every one of you." Cassius' threatening voice boomed through the area which made not all the members flinch but the rogues as well. Yeah, he's that powerful but somehow it didn't affect me. What's more, it made me turn on so badly and think that it was sexy as hell.

I've finally lost it.

"I'm sorry to intrude oh great king but we need that book that my partner has failed to get." he said while mocking him and that made my blood boil.

How dare he insult my mate. No one dares to insult him but me.

I was about to yell at the douche when I realized what he said. He's here for the book. I looked at Casper who was holding the book very tightly with a fearful expression. My top priority now is the book, not those damn rogues. I took Casper and Venus' hands and drag them out of the bush and into the open window.

They were asking me where I'm taking them but I ignored them and continued to drag them toward the library. I went further inside until I saw that familiar painting. I took the picture and pulled the lever to reveal a hidden trap door. They were surprised at what they saw that their mouths hang open.

"Okay guys, our top priority now is the book. The two of you need to enter this secret room and guard the book. This is the safest place for now because no one knew about this." I gave them instructions on what to do.

"How about you? Don't tell me you're going out there to fight?" Venus asked and I nodded my head.

"There's an elemental witch there and I need to kill her." I simply said. Saying the word 'kill' is pretty much normal to me for that is what I've been doing ever since.

Lycans were probably the most vicious and feared predators. They've been living here a lot longer and killed many. But I, as a trained assassin, killed for a living. I have abandoned a normal life long ago ever since my pack was destroyed.

"That witch is the one who possessed Zeyd right? Then I'm coming with you." Venus said. I was about to protest but she stopped me from doing so. "My aethyraz and cousin are out there and I need to help them." she stated with all seriousness and I mumbled a 'fine'.

I looked at Casper who is a little scared right now. I placed my hands on his shoulders and gripped them firmly. "I'm trusting you with this book to protect. Can you do that for me?" I said to him and he was hesitating. "Don't worry, Cas. No one will find you here and when all of this is over, I'm going to get you, okay?" He nod his head while his eyes were brimming with tears. I've grown attached to Casper by now. He's like a little brother so I get all protective of him. I don't want him to face this fierce battle since he's still a child.

"Let's go and get ourselves a gun, Ven." I said to her and went out to the library.

Venus and I went to Cassius's office to get some weapons. Venus secretly knew where Cassius hid his dangerous weapons. She told me that the weapons hidden in his office are his most prized possession. Boys.

Venus pulled a red book from Cassius's huge shelf and it moved to reveal lots of guns and daggers hanging on the wall. My eyes were locked on a particular white custom-made gun. I took it and checked the bullets, silver bullets.

"You've got good eyes. That gun is Cassius's favorite. It was highly customized and was given to him as a gift from a friend in Russia." Venus said when she saw what I was holding. I smiled wickedly and put the gun on my back.

"I've got to admit. Cassius has amazing taste." I said and took two extra bullets, one dagger, and ten small knives.

After Venus chose her weapon, which is a crossbow and a gun, we went out of the office and headed straight to the battlefield. When we went outside, the place was a mess. Dead rogue bodies were seen everywhere, wolves were fighting each other, Zeyd was fighting the leader, Hans was killing the rogues one by one with a gun, and Cassius was surrounded by flames.

Oh hell no!

I rushed to where Cassius was and I shot the witch in her arm. The fire disappeared as she lost her concentration due to the sharp pain. I went in front of Cassius to shield him away from her while pointing my gun at her.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" he growled at me but I didn't even flinch.

"What does it look like I'm doing? I'm here to save your sorry ass from this bitch." I growled back at him.

"Go back inside. I can handle this." he ordered and I rolled my eyes.

A rogue came rushing at either side so I throw a knife at the rogue on my left and it hit his head while Cassius shot the rogue's head who leaped from his right.

"I wanted to help, Cassius and you can never tell me what to do." I said as I fought a rogue with my dagger.

Cassius was taking care of the two rogues while mumbling something like 'Stubborn, sassy, and unbelievable' and some other things. I wanted to laugh right now but this isn't actually the right time to laugh when you're facing a battle.

I saw the witch standing up with an already healed arm. She looked at me with rage. So different from her composed appearance earlier. I smirked at her and waved at her with my gun in my hand.

"You must be the witch of Caduta del Fenice, Felicita. The one who made that failure of a spell?" I said and she smiled sinisterly.

"And you must be her majesty, the Queen? The one who can't even beat up a mere Lycan under a spell?" I was kind of disappointed when she didn't say my name. It's really unfair how I know her name but she didn't know mine. I know she wanted me to be offended but I ain't the least bit. Spell or no spell, that was freaking Zeyd I was fighting. It would have been different if it were a normal warrior.

"Give me the book or I'll burn you and your precious mate." she threatened without a hint of lying. I laughed at her and she followed suit.

"Sorry, but the book is hidden somewhere in the castle where I'm the only one who knew where it is so you can't burn me." I said and stuck my tongue out playfully. Cassius snickered beside me who was busy, shooting at the rogues who were approaching us.

She began to make flames surround her fist so I dashed toward her with my dagger and aimed at her throat. She blocked my dagger with an almost transparent barrier. Coward.

She took a dagger from her back pocket and fought against me. I blocked every attack she did but she cheated when she used a spell to send a maximum wind in my direction and knocked me over to the side. I took my dagger again and charged after her but she made a huge fireball and send it flying toward Cassius.

Cassius wasn't aware so without a second thought, I ran towards Cassius and blocked him from the fireball. I took the hit and the fire spread through my body. Cassius was distracted by my state that a knife was stabbed in his arm but he killed the one who stabbed him instantly.

I dropped to the ground and hissed from the pain. I rolled on the ground to make the flames disappear but it was not working. The fire is slowly burning my clothes and I screamed at the top of my lungs because of the excruciating pain. Cassius can't move a muscle as he watched me in pain.

I stopped moving as I can feel nothing. The last thing I heard was the laugh of the evil witch and the howl of my mate.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

384K 13.4K 40
I panicked as Alpha Jake walked in and approached me. I've really done it this time. I'm so going to lose something for this! I thought as I started...
315K 10.1K 23
Hello Everyone! Just a quick note to say that I am editing this book and I am making the chapters a little bit longer. If some chapters don't make se...
7.1K 658 22
NOTE: This is completed but unedited. It will be going through major changes soon including with plot and character changes. Once it is all changed...
67K 2K 43
Iris has had a difficult life, running from her past and living like a nomad. She is not a regular wolf. She curses the Moon goddess for the gifts sh...