Godzilla The Series: His Bond...

By Szarinasumalpong

"What you see is not always what it seems" My father always looked at things in a different way even the scar... More

The Meeting
To Take Care An Over-sized Reptile
New Family (Part 1)
New Family (Part 2)
Talkin' Trash
D.O.A
The Winter of Our Discontent
Cat and Mouse
Leviathan
Hive
Birds of Paradise
Freeze
DeadLoch
Competition
Bug Out
Monster Wars (Part 1)
Monster Wars (Part 2)
Monster Wars (Part 3)
Web Site
An Early Frost
Trust No One
Juggernaut
Future Shock

What Dreams May Come

829 21 49
By Szarinasumalpong

Cordula snuggled herself further to bed as she escaped the reality of the world where there was no worries for her life being in danger for some mutation problems or no worries for the school grades that seem to be going on and off for her as time went by.

Her dream however was consisting with her and the gang relaxing in a what appeared to be a remote island with Godzilla laying right beside it. What an ideal summer vacation dream.

"Hey Cordula, could you pass me on the sauce!" Elsie called out from underneath a beach umbrella with a magazine in her hands "I'm on it!' Cordula called out and she ran to where the ice box was. Godzilla let out a croon and she stared into the orange yellow eyes of her beloved monster.

"Hang in there big guy, food's almost ready" 

Godzilla gave her a long lick that made Cordula laugh and giggle before she heard her father calling out her name "Cordula!" She blinked and looked around, her friends seem like they didn't hear her father's scream.

"Dad?"

"Cordula sweetheart! Wake UP!"

Cordula gasped when her eyes opened to nothing but blackness before a flashlight was shined down upon her and she squinted "Dad? What's going on?" Cordula moaned before she sat up from her bed to see her father light up a candle on her bed side table.

"Must have been a power shortage, you were really out of there in your dream. What was it all about?" Cordula crossed her arms and looked away "Nothing that you need to worry about" Just then, Cordula's phone began to ring and she shook her head in disbelief when she saw that it was Nick's number.

"Really? At this hour?" Cordula picked up her phone and Nick's voice echoed in her ears "Cordula, meet us at the complex building near the market. There's been a high voltage accident" Before Cordula could say anything, Nick hung up and Cordula sighed before hot coca was placed in her hands.

"At least you get to have something nice before you go off again this time" Cordula gave a small smile to her father as she quickly drank her drink and grab her coat.

***

The sound of sirens were the first things Cordula heard before the sight of the burnt complex. She made her way to growing crowd of people who had awoken early in the morning from the commotion.

She spotted Nick crouched down and picking up debris of what was left of the building and headed over to him "What happened here?" Cordula asked as she scanned the area "Gotta admit the damage done" Cordula muttered before Randy showed up with his dark green backpack along with a sluggish Mendel with N.I.G.E.L.

"Man, somebody really partied hard" Was the first thing Randy commented as Nick stood up to turn to them "Oh, I can't believe you dragged me out of bed at this hour" Mendel said as he looked at his wristwatch to check the time.

"They woke me, I woke you" Nick said, hinting the fact that if they sent him on a mission without his team's notice, he'll bring his team along the ride. Elsie was the last to come and Cordula noted that Monique was missing, usually the French Spy would be here early.

"So, what hit this place?" Elsie asked as she brought out her radiation transmitter and set it up. Cordula looked around and noticed sparks coming from some electrical wires.

"Power Surge?"

Cordula answered but it more of a question than a statement "I don't know why but this was the only building in the block affected" Nick said in a thoughtful look as he looked around to survey the area one more time.

"Let's run a computer search" Nick suggested and Mendel immediately went to work with N.I.G.E.L tailing behind him "Unusual Storms, Nearby Power Plants, anything that screams high voltage" Nick turned to Randy and Cordula who gave him a thumbs up "You got it jefe" Randy said as the two split up to search for anything out of the ordinary in and out of the building.

"No radiation" Elsie confirmed as she checked her transmitter one last time "Hey your those H.E.A.T guys right?" A new voice said and all eyes turned to a man in his early fifties walking up to them "I saw you on the news, I'm the-well, I was the super here" The man said and Cordula had no idea what the man was saying but decided that it was none of her business.

Probably just someone they had met along the way.

"Hey, you mind if we poke around inside?" Elsie asked as she gestured to the destroyed building "Knock yourself out but it ain't my fault the place comes crumbling down on ya" The man said before he walked away with no more words to be said.

"Well Mendel, we need N.I.G.E.L on the front"  Cordula called out and Mendel quickly veered N.I.G.E.L inside the building to do a complete scan "Residual Atmospheric Ionization Detected Inside Structure. 23.7% Above Normal" N.I.G.E.L said robotically "Could the creature have originated from inside the building?" Mendel asked out loud.

Cordula gasped when a small volt of electricity shot right at her, barely missing her shoe "Could be, look at all the electricity coming off in this area" Cordula commented as she moved out of the house to avoid anymore electrical charges.

Makes sense since I'm also carrying something metallic in my bag.

Nick's phone suddenly rang and Nick quickly picked it up while the rest of the gang drew near him wondering who was calling him right now.

"Nick Tatopoulos...Hey Monique what's taking you we've been down here for-What?!..I'm on it" As Nick hung up on the phone, everyone straightened up when they took note of the serious tone in his voice.

"Monster's been spotted down by the MTA bus yards" Nick stated before he made his way to the vehicle parked right beside the building "Right behind you jefe" Randy said with an excited tone in his voice before Nick replied "No, I need you to finish your computer search then do a thorough exam of the building. It may tell us more about what we're up against. Randy, Elsie you're in charge here. Cordula, Mendel you're coming with me" Everyone gave him affirmative nods aside from Mendel.

"I am?" Mendel questioned, wondering if it was better risking his life than researching on what they are seriously up against. Cordula gave him a teasing grin "Unless you'd rather hand over N.I.G.E.L to Randy..." Mendel gave Randy a sour look before he followed right behind Cordula.

***

It was easier for them to find a shortcut when the monster was obviously leaving fire and debris everywhere and it didn't help the growing sounds of screaming citizens. Nick quickly gave a hard break as soon as he spotted Monique running up to them and for Cordula to get a good look of the monster.

The creature had a lanky body structure with four legs with one claw on each foot, and two arms with three fingers on each. It also has two tusk-like claws and a horn close to where its mouth opens up.

Nick got out of the car as soon as Monique was in hearing range "People are still trapped inside!" Monique screamed out through the endless screaming "Craven, have N.I.G.E.L get a reading on that thing!" Nick ordered before he ran after Monique who went back into the fray to rescue the trapped citizens.

"Nick wait! Mendel you stay here!" Cordula shouted as she followed after him "Oh don't worry about that...my butts gonna stay here all day. Better him than me" Mendel commented as he activated N.I.G.E.L and sent the bot away and towards the monster who was sparking up dangerous levels of voltage.

***

Nick and Monique clambered up the stairs and headed towards the people that were trapped inside a room with a fallen locker blocking the exit. Nick and Monique quickly pushed the locker away and the people immediately scrambled outside in a desperate attempt to run away before Cordula came barging in the front door and waved her arms wildly.

"DON'T MOVE!"

She barely made it halfway up the stairs before the monster appeared and tore half of the front of the building. Cordula dived down and covered her head before Monique helped her up "You should've stayed with Mendel" Monique said sternly and Cordula gave her a small glare "Whose gonna be watching your backs then? Besides Mendel's fine on his own" The monster roared out in anger, cutting the girls off.

"This way!" Nick called out as he led them back inside the room. The people let out small noises of despair when Nick saw the monster about to fire this side of the building "Move!" Cordula yelled, pulling the people in the line of fire out of the way before the monster sent a burst of high voltage.

"Is there another way out?" Monique called out to Nick who looked around for anything to help them get out of here. Cordula spotted a broken steel door lying casually in the debris "Nick help me with this" Nick gave Cordula a grateful smile as the two of them grabbed the sides of the door.

"There's always another way out!" The two dragged the door and used it as a slide to the roof of a bus outside the building and with Monique first, they slowly led the people to safety, making sure all are accounted for "Here, watch your step" Nick said as he balanced out a woman with unsteady legs, probably still in shock at what is happening right now.

Cordula gasped when she saw the creature advancing with electrical charges surging against its mouth. A robotic voice echoed in her ears and she couldn't be more happy to see N.I.G.E.L come save the day and get destroyed as usual.

"Atmospheric Ionization 97.6% Above Normal. Electrical Charge Extending Into Theta Frequency"

The creature in front of them let out an angry groan before everyone ducked when it sent a nearby bus exploding and another, it seemed like it turned its anger to N.I.G.E.L instead. Mendel desperately moved N.I.G.E.L away but even the yellow bot could not escape the creature's dangerous electrical surge.

"N.I.G.E.L!" Mendel screamed when he saw his beloved robot explode into nothing. The creature walked away from the people to look for N.I.G.E.L, probably wondering if the bot survived and as Nick kept his gaze on the creature, it suddenly screamed and threw a bus at them and with no time to think, Nick wrapped his arms around Cordula who yelped as he jumped.

Cordula grunted when she felt something akin to a sprain in her leg as they both tumbled down before the buses crashed into each other. Everyone watched as the creature angrily swiped every bus in sight. Nick and Cordula slowly stood up before Cordula hissed.

"Are you guys alright?" Mendel asked as he ran up to them "I think I sprained my ankle" Cordula groaned before Monique supported her. The creature blew up a gasoline station and while everyone made a run for it and away from the creature.

"Anything you can tell us about that thing Mendel" Cordula asked through all the noise "According to the readings that thing is pure electromagnetic energy" Mendel said "Big surprise..." Cordula added with a big frown before the creature noticed them and began to walk towards them, smashing and destroying everything in its path.

Monique and Nick helped Cordula as she hobbled to get away from the creature before they found themselves at a dead end and with no where left to run. Mendel let out a small scream in fear as the creature lowered its head with sparks of electricity shooting from it's tusks.

Before Nick and the others could say goodbye and think of their funerals, there was a loud roar from behind them before a familiar foot appeared right beside them. They made a dive as Godzilla entered the fray and roared at the creature who roared back.

"Godzilla, what is he doing here?" Monique asked as she stood up with Cordula being supported by her "He must have sensed Cordula and I in trouble" Nick said and Cordula gave him a look "You're including me now?" Nick shrugged his shoulders "How else am I going to explain him being so...different around you" Cordula didn't have an answer to that.

"Or he felt the sudden radical ionic polarity in the air" Mendel added "Is that an animal biology or just a theory?" Mendel pondered for a bit before answering "Both actually" Monique gave the three of them a glare "Actually it was a rhetorical question" Monique stated.

The creature gave an electrical swipe at Godzilla who immediately ducked and roared before pouncing on the creature. The creature sent out an electrical surge towards Godzilla making back away.

Godzilla roared before he let lose his Atomic Breath and Cordula felt relieved as the fore consumed the creature but then her eyes went wide when the creature began to grow larger and bigger.

"It's absorbing the energy from his breath" Nick exclaimed and the creature drew out a swift electrical punch at Godzilla who tumbled and began to fall on his back.

Mendel let out a squeal when he watched the towering form of Godzilla slowly descending on them "Don't just stand there! Move!" Cordula calles out as she pulled Mendel and hobbled away.

"Go! Go! Go!" Nick screamed as they made a dash away just as Godzilla toppled over. Godzilla roared out in anger as he unleashed yet again another Atomic Breath.

"Can't you stop him from breathing on that thing?!" Monique asked with frustration edging on her tone. Godzilla roared, knowing unleashing another Atomic Breath would be out of the question so he used his enemy's now grown size as an advantage as he gave the creature a hard shove.

Smoke enveloped the creature as it landed on some buses. Godzilla charged through the smoke and roared in anger when he couldn't sense the creature anymore.

He sniffed around for a trace of its scent but it seemed to have vanished as well.

"Its gone" Nick said with a worried look. A creature that big couldn't just disappear like that. Mendel checked his transmitter and frowned as well in confusion.

"I'm not getting any readings...." Mendel stated. Cordula gave Godzilla a grateful smile in thanks which he awarded her with a soft croon before a low growl when he noticed how odd she walked lately.

She was injured.

Now he was more determined to find the creature that threatened his father's life and managed to injure his female.

***

As firefighters came in after the heat of the battle, medical persons swarmed over the injured and their top priority were those that received shocks from the monster.

Cordula winced lightly as the medical person attending to her finally finished creating a splint for her "Make sure not to do anything strenuous for bow if you want that ankle to heal faster" Cordula nodded in thanks before she was released.

"How are you feeling?" Nick asked once she walked over to them with slight limping here and there.

"Honestly, I'm feeling a bit better now that this baby's here" Cordula said, gesturing to her splint before Nick's phone rang.

"Hello?...Elsie what have you got?"

They all watched the serious expression Nick had on before he hung up the phone and turned to them.

"Was that Randy and Elsie? What did they find?" Cordula asked "Apparently our giant spark has a connection somewhat to a Sydney Walker. See if you can find anything about that man around here" They all nodded and went to their separate ways around the MTA bus yards to find anything about Sydney Walker.

***

"Let's review, Walker works with electricity"

"And the creature is a walking humanoid electromagnetic field"

"It attacked Walker's workplace and neighbors but spared his apartment"

Nick, Elsie and Monique concluded all the information the team had gathered about Walker and his connection to the creature.

"I see where you're going, Walker secretly hates his job and everyone around him so when he accidentally mutates into a giant bug zapper, he decides to exact his revenge" Randy said with a smug grin to himself.

Silence filled the air as everyone stared at him "What?" Randy asked as he looked at each off them "Well I can't exactly rule that out. Happened once in a family argument" Cordula mumbled as she crossed her arms.

"Either way, that Crackler thing can't be a human mutation it's not even alive" Mendel said and Cordula gave him a confused look.

"Then how does that explain it being able to move" Cordula stated "Yeah and also...Crackler?" Ranfy raised a brow at Mendel who crossed his arms.

"What would you call it?" Mendel said defensively and before the boys could start another round of arguments, Nick cut them off.

"We'd know a lot more if we could just locate Walker" Nick said with a small frown of frustration "Nick, I got a slim lead on his calendar. The last entry is for an appointment at the Manhattan Neural Research Center" Elsie explained.

"You and Randy follow up on that. Mendel can you key in on the creature's ionization?" Mendel nodded in confirmation.

"Piece of cake"

"Then let's go Crackler hunting" Nick said before he and Monique walked out. Mendel looked at them with an unsure look on his face.

"Me too?" Cordula placed a hand on his shoulder "You know...you and Randy could have a bro-bro day" Mendel gave her a look before briskly walking out.

"Wait for me!"

***

Cordula, Nick, Monique and Craven drove through the city with no signs of the Crackler. It wasn't until Elsie called them about Sydney Walker.

"So these theta spikes happened at the same moments the Crackler appeared?"

"That's consistent with N.I.G.E.L's data. The Crackler's electrical frequency is similar to theta brainwaves"

Nick listened to what Elsie got on how Walker was connected to the Crackler. Apparently Walker suppressed his rage for a very long time to the point his subconscious mind formed the Crackler.

"You getting all this Nicky?"

"Loud and Clear"  

Mendel'a transmitter suddenly began to blink rapidly "I'm picking up massive ionization due North" Monique quickly sped up the truck.

"What's Walker mad about now?!" Cordula asked with exasperation. It didn't take long for them to find the Crackler appearing outside the stadium.

"What's in the stadium he's mad about?!"

Cordula asked out loud before Mendel handed her a hand-made electrical weapon "I've reconfigured these to fire at the Crackler's frequency. Identical charges should repel one another, assuming we get close enough" Mendel mumbled out the last part.

Monique gave Mendel a look "As you wish!" She floored the truck directly heading into the Crackler's path "I didn't mean right now?!" Mendel said in a panic before he hastily handed the rest of the weapons out to Monique and Nick.

They quickly fired at the Crackler as green electricity shot throughout the Crackler's lower body. The Crackler let out a painful whine as it lost feeling to its legs before it sent a charge straight at the truck.

"Jump!"

Nick screamed before they tumbled out of the truck just before it blew up. Nick picked up his walkie talkie "Randy, any luck with sleeping beauty?" Nick asked hoarsly.

"Elsie's working on it now"

"She'd better work fast cause that thing won't stay down any longer!" Cordula said before she noticed the Crackler shake its head before the movements became erratic.

"Randy, the Crackler's still here. Only now its in hyperdrive!" Nick said as the Crackler stared up to the airplane from up above and sent an electrical charge at it only to miss by inches.

"And it appears to have acquired a taste for moving objects!" Monique added. The Crackler roared as it dragged itself out of the stadium.

Once it got back the feeling of its legs, the Crackler began terrorizing everything moving in sight "Randy, without Walker to direct it The Crackler's attacking everything in sight!" Nick explained the situation.

"We really should have thought this through" Cordula muttered as The Crackler followed a chopper desperately trying to get away until Godzilla burst out of the water.

"Perfect timing" Nick said with relief. Godzilla pushed the Crackler to the stadium as he let out a roar. Nick and the others followed after Godzilla as he entered the stadium only to be pinned down when The Crackler pounced.

"Randy, Elsie you guys better do something quick or we're sitting ducks here!" Cordula screamed from the walkie talkie.

There was a few moments of silence before Randy spoke up "Nick, Walker's awake. The Crackler's history right?" Dread filled inside Nick and Cordula as they stared at the still moving form of the Crackler.

"No" Nick said as the Crackler began sending electrical surges to Godzilla who let out pained screams "Godzilla!" Cordula screamed in horror.

"We've gotta free Godzilla!" Nick said knowing the big guy could only handle so much pain till he's dead "We'll never build up enough charge with these things. We need some larger conductor" Mendel said.

Everyone began looking around for a conductor big enough and Cordula's gaze landed on a metallic flagpole a few yards away.

"Flagpole in sight!" Cordula said "Mental note: Stop making suggestions" Mendel muttered to himseld as they began to run up to it and held out their weapons and began sending up charges into the pole.

"Once we're in capacity the charge will have no where to go but-" Before Mendel could finish, the sudden surge of charges shot towards the Crackler, breaking it away from Godzilla.

Godzilla roared as he dug a whole in which the Crackler thought it was a sign of retreat until Godzilla burst from behind and began dragging the Crackler down.

The stadium rumbled as the fight continued down below, shaking up the surface "Move! Move! Move!" Nick shouted as they ran away before falling debris hit from where they once stood.

The Crackler crawled back out into the surface followed by Godzilla a few feet away as he roared in anger. The team felt hopeless until the Crackler began to slowly fade before it stopped.

"I wasn't the only one who saw that right?" Cordula asked as Nick talked to Randy "Randy something's happening here. What's going on with Walker?" Nick called out.

"He just lost it for a sec, we're calming him down.."

Randy said and The Crackler continued to fade before reappearing but only now it was consistent and it seemed to have a negative effect on the Crackler.

"No, no, keep him riled up. It seems to have a negative effect on the Crackler" Nick explained. A few moments after Nick spoke, the Crackler was fading faster to the point it stumbled back as if it hit something.

"It's working!" Cordula cheered and Godzilla seemed to be getting on what was happening as he gave his little family a glance before his gaze went back to the enemy.

The Crackler grabbed a metallic globe and filled it with electrical charges to throw at Godzilla but it seem to freeze when it was fading faster than before.

It almost looked paralyzed.

Godzilla roared as he prepared his Atomic Breath and as The Crackler hurled the globe to Godzilla, he returned it back with flames mixed with electricity and it hit dead center on the Crackler as it melted and completely faded in a burst of light.

Godzilla roared out in victory along with Cordula's cheers. Nick sighed, glad this battle's over without any casualties.

"It's over Randy" Nick said through the walkie talkie. Cordula walked over to Godzilla as he bent his head down and sniffed at her before letting out a croon when he realized she was on her way to recovery.

"Thanks for worrying big guy" Cordula said as she patted his snout before she watched him head back to the sea. Nick gave her a smirk with a raised brow.

"What?"

"You seem to have grown a liking to my 'son' Mrs. Davis" He said as he crossed his arms in an effort to give out the father stature look. Cordula merely shook her head.

"Shut up Nick"

***

"So, Walker suppressed his anger for so long, his subconscious mind actually manifested the Crackler"

Nick said while Monique, Cordula and Mendel played The Pool Table Game "With a little help from the Theta Wave Amplifier" Elsie added "All my yelling brought his anger to the surface to his conscious since there was none left to feed the creature" Randy said.

"Take all the credit why don't ya?"

Elsie said as she placed her hands on her hips. Monique handed Nick a cue stick for him to play. Cordula inwardly sighed when the two of them, Randy and Elsie, began another round of argument of who was the team leader.

They finally turned their question to Nick.

"Nicky, I think its high time we establish a chain of command" Elsie said, interrupting Nick from his game "Yeah, tell her who's in charge when you're not around" Randy added.

"Not a problem, Craven is" Elsie and Randy gave him dumbfounded looks while Craven gave Nick a disbelief look on his face "What? Don't you mean Cordula?" Cordula shrugged her shoulders.

"I'm too young to lead"

Mendel groaned knowing now that if Nick never shows up in a mission, he would have to be in the front lines by then.

Oh Joy...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.1K 766 8
Summary: After settling the score (and gaining a truce) with King Kong and bringing an end to MechaGodzilla. Legendary Godzilla, also known as (M/N)...
4.2K 197 13
My generation we were born into war. Massive monsters attack our world. We call them, Kaijus. They came through the breach. A gateway, a portal throu...
778 24 19
(Please Read the Description, before you read the Fanfiction. Thank You!) Warning: This story will have mature 18+ Content, so read it at your own r...
14.8K 421 48
Have you ever looked at something and think: 'How different everything was back in the day...' Of course, you had. The news headlines about newly dis...