Royals: Misfits

By _aubrstories

Allison Carpio decided to lead a secret team of students in order to take down a group of rebellious teenager... More

author's note
...
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
chapter twenty three
chapter twenty four
chapter twenty five
chapter twenty six
chapter twenty seven
chapter twenty eight
chapter twenty nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty one
chapter thirty two
chapter thirty three
chapter thirty four
chapter thirty five
chapter thirty six
chapter thirty seven
epilogue
final notes + trivias

chapter seventeen

35 1 0
By _aubrstories

17: Witness

"Magkaibigan kayo noon ni Carpio, 'diba?"

Hindi na nagulat si Phoenix sa magiging usapan nila ni Dexter sa gabing iyon. Inimbitahan ito na pumunta sa bahay at uminom. Isang pahiwatig na gusto niya itong kausapin.

Bumuntong-hininga ang babae, tinitingnan ang hawak na shot glass. "Alam mo naman pala."

"Siguro naman you still have a good relationship with her. Hindi rin naman natin siya ginagalaw."

Alam na ni Phoenix kung saan pupunta ang mga sinasabi nito ngunit hindi nito mapigilang ma-irita sa paligoy-ligoy nito.

"Cut the crap already! Sabihin mo na lang kung anong gagawin ko-"

"Kidnap that bastard."

"What the f*ck Dex!"

Inis na tumingin sa kanya si Dexter. "Anong what the f*ck?! She's involved now and you know it. Wala akong pakealam kung kaibigan mo siya 'cause she's our enemy now!"

Natahimik si Phoenix, hindi alam kung anong sasabihin dahil pawang katotohanan naman ang mga sinabi ni Dexter. Kalaban nila si Allison. Ang paglitaw niya kanina ay ang paghahamon niya ng gera laban sa kanila.

Iba ang mga nakikita nito sa mata ng magkatinginan sila. Ngunit may hindi pa rin siya maintindihan.

Anong ginawa nila sa kanya at gusto nitong kalabanin sila?

"What the f*ck did we do to her that made her form a group?"

Sa tanong ni Dexter, ay parang nabasa nito ang mga tanong sa utak niya.

"Ano nga ba, Dex?"

Siniringan siya ni Dexter. "Are you accusing me?"

"Says the guy who beats up a girl. Come on... maybe that's what made her angry."

Uminom muli si Dexter, bago magsalita. "I think not."

"How?"

Narinig ni Phoenix ang kalansing ng baso ni Dexter sa mesa. "Royals started even before beating up that b*tch. So it means, she's been plotting this a long time ago. But why?"

Matagal siyang nag-isip ng mga maaring dahilan kung bakit, ngunit walang lumalabas na ebidensya na pwede niyang gamitin rito. Ang tanging alam nito ay ang pwedeng maging kaisa-isang posibleng rason nito ay paghihiganti.

Pero para kanino? Para sa sarili niya?

"Baka isa sa mga kaibigan niya! I bet it's that nerd! I think she likes him! F*ck, I wanna puke at that thought!" biro nito at humalakhak.

Hindi alam ni Phoenix kung bakit hindi parin tugma ang lahat ng sinasabi ni

Dexter.

"But not after that f*cker killed my chance to punch her in the face."

Still cringing at that thought of punching Alli, she remembered how Daryll stopped Dexter's punch that could've tainted her angelic face. Even before all break loose, her eyes went to Daryll. He was staring at her leader without remorse. With no emotion etched on his face, his hand was shaking, holding on to that punch.

"So let's test the waters." Napatingin muli si Phoenix sa kaibigan, na malalim na ang boses at nakatingin sa malayo. Tumingin naman muli ito sa kanya.

"Kill the king before the pawns for an early checkmate."

ALLI

I lost track of time, as I kept landing hard punches on the wood dummy in front of me.

"Alli you've been punching that since 2 o 'clock and it's already 4. Are you still sane?" I heard a woman's voice beside me. Finally, I had the senses to stop, and turn to Leslie, who's crossed-arm, looking at me.

Leslie turned her head, only for her face to twist when she saw how badly the wooden dummy looked.

"My god, you poor thing! Sa lahat ba naman ng dummy dito, bakit si Alistair pa?!" she whined like a child she is.

Yes, she names her wooden dummies inside their home. I'm not the only one weird in my clan.

"Alistair? I thought this is Hades?" I tried to carefully look at it's figure and realized... it's really Alistair. He is a wooden dummy with a thick chest and legs to practice kicking.

We both turned our heads behind us when a soft laughter was heard. It was none other that Lusenyx, her older brother. Older than Lowe, the one Royals met.

"Hoy! 'Wag kang tatawa-tawa o ako mismo gagawa paraan para maghiwalay kayo ni Erin!" she threatened, referring to the latter's girlfriend.

Lusenyx had a bored look on his face. "She doesn't even believe you. You two aren't that close."

"Ha! Jokes on you bro, I'm gonna be her sister-in-law kaya magiging close din kami!"

He shook his head in disbelief and gave me what I needed. "I think this is what I'm here for. Now, I'm going."

He quickly left the area, but before leaving the actual room, Leslie had to yell yet another remark.

"Walang forever!"

I gave out a chuckle, earning a glare from her. Just as that happened, I received a notification. Checking my messages, a slow smile formed on my lips as I read every single thing.

"Uy, may ka-text ka no?" Leslie had the guts to bicker.

But my mind was already occupied, knowing there will be a party at Jack 97, hosted by the bastard himself, Dexter.

***

I opened my second phone just to see my new sim card already working, the one that Lusenyx gave.

I took the piece of paper where I have written the number I needed to dial to set a date with Haugaard.

Eldar Haugaard. The same person who discreetly offers liquors inside Asplund.

Apparently, he knows gamechangers more than we do. It's a chance that we had to take. After I had confirmed my suspicions. After I managed to get all the pieces I need for me to make sure he would be one of those people that would be crucial to let our plan succeed.

I took a second look at Evan's letter.

Everything makes sense, except for some cryptic sentences. One caught my eye.

'I guess, everything leaves destiny yelling.'

I thought it was just a metaphorical sentence, 'till I decided to do the old school deciphering of codes.

With the first letters of each word, I had come to form 'Eldy'. Eldar's nickname.

I texted the guy to meet-up tomorrow at 5. Fortunately, he's up for it and agreed to see me in a club named Jack '97.

After all that, I switch phones and actually messaged Alexid about my plan for tomorrow.

Alexid

wow right in front of my salad

we need fake ids first

minors not allowed

halos 16 palang tayo beshh

You

yeah we'll get some

just need to see that guy

Alexid

so wait bale magdedate kayo?!

what the f*ck bakit siya alli?

You

its a fake one

we just need to get something from him

Alexid

his what?

alli sabihin mo bago ako maging green minded dito haha

You

his phone. im going to talk to him

while you guys watch and get info

from his messages.

so I need you to make us

'blend in'

Alexid

wait a makeover?!

y not IM DOING IT!

let's tell 'em

A day after that, Alexid got the fake id's. And we decided to meet up at the college main lobby since it's dangerous to talk there when we are with the enemy. They are aware of us now since they know already who we are.

"Why go there?" Enrico was the one to ask me the question as of why we're going to the club.

"I had to look for Dexter's past. Apparently, he's involved in illegal drug trade."

With the word drug, Aira spits out her drink. Luckily, Cosine was ready to cover her shirt with his handkerchief.

I can see her disbelief on her face. "That's... kinda scary Alli. Drugs?"

"Yes. Party drugs... most likely. And Eldy, knows something about it."

"So, you're going to talk to him."

"Yeah."

"What if he tells this to Dexter? You know what happened to Luis!" Enrico buts in, glaring at Daryll, who only glares at him back.

"No he's not. We're making sure of that."

"But how would you make sure Eldar is safe to talk to? Not some other guy? I mean Dexter knows a lot of people and I mean a lot! He has connections and it's pretty dangerous just to talk to someone he knows."

Enrico is right, knowing Dexter is a boy with a lot of connections. He knows a lot of students in Asplund. Even outside. It is one of his strengths, yet one of his weaknesses.

"I have my sources. I just need your cooperation. Now, I'm going to dance with him just in time to take his phone out and sneakily give it to you. You have three minutes to extract messages and files related to Dexter. Lucky for us, we had to wear masks there so we won't be recognized."

"But there's one problem..." Alexid raised her hand. "The party is limited for invited guests, and you know them, they'll never invite us after what happened."

"Who says we're getting invitations? We're going to crash in there."

Alexid can't stop the smirk forming on her lips. "Oh f*ck let's crash them party!"

~*~

"And... it's done!" Ngiting-ngiti si Alexid matapos ibalik ang lipstick sa lalagyan nito, at mariing tiningnan ang labi ni Allison na ngayo'y pulang pula.

"Alam mo kahit yata hindi ka na lagyan ng lipstick, maganda pa rin labi mo!"

Kahit ang iba pang kasamang miyembro ay namangha sa pagbabago ng itsura ng babae. Mas lalong naging misteryoso ang mukha nito, lalo na nang suotin ang maskra.

"Since I only have a single ticket in, you'll go through the backdoor." sabi pa ng babae.

"Yeah..." biglang natigil si Alexid ng maisip ang magiging plano. "But how can we get there? I'm sure there are staffs, and of course, there are cameras everywhere."

Ngumiti si Allison. "I got it covered."

Matapos magpaganda ng mga babae, ay naisipan nilang planuhin kung sino muna ang mauunang pumasok sa club. Dahil naituro na rin ni Alexid ang direksyon kung saan iyon, ay hindi na rin naging mahirap sa kanila para pumunta doon.

Mahigpit na hawak ni Allison ang isang guest invite card, habang naglalakad tungo sa entrance. Nakakasilaw ang neon light ng club na nagsisilbing liwanag sa gabi. Nasilayan agad nito ang isang matangkad na bouncer, na nakasuot ng polo na kulay itim, pati ang shades nito, na hindi masyadong maaninag dahil sa dilim ng gabi.

Walang ano-ano'y agad iniabot ni Allison ang card sa bouncer. Nang makita ito, ay agad na yumuko sa harapan ng babae, na nagbibigay sa kanya ng kalayaan para makapasok.

"Salamat..." bulong pa niya bago malanghap ang usok at maamoy ang alak sa loob ng lugar. Agad siyang binalabog ng ingay ng musika mula sa naglalakihang speakers at ang mga nakaksilaw na kulay ng mga ilaw na sumasayaw sa dilim, naiilawan ang iba't ibang mga taong walang pakundangan sa pagsayaw at paghiyaw.

Agad nitong kinuha ang phone mula sa bag at tinignan ang mensahe.

Eldar

Where are you?

I'm on the second floor.

You

Already here at the entrance.

Hindi pa man lumilipas ang segundo, ay agad nang sumagot si Eldar.

Eldar

Stay there.

I'll just fetch you.

Suot pa rin ang maskra, hinanap ng mga mata ni Allison ang lalaki. Hindi ito na-dismaya nang agad mamataan ang lalaking may maskrang itim.

Mukha pang nagulat si Eldar ng makita ng personal ang babae, ngunit naglabas ulit ito ng ngiti ng ayain ang babaeng ihatid siya sa kanyang upuan, na matatagpuan sa second floor ng club kung saan mas naging kulob ang tunog ng musika mula sa lobby kung nasaan ang dancefloor.

Nang maupo sila, ay agad na nagtawag si Eldar ng waiter para mag-order ng inumin. "What would you like, Miss?"

"The one you're going to get." simpleng sagot nito.

Tumango ang lalaki at agad sinabi sa waiter ang inumin na gusto nito. "So, since we are going to wait for our drinks, Why not talk about what we are here for?"

"The party."

Natawa ang lalaki sa sagot nito. "I mean, I can mingle with all the girls here, I just want to know what you're here for. After all, you're my blind date for today. What brings you here, sweetheart?"

Tumikhim ang babae. "It's something serious, but I think I have to enjoy this night a little with you."

"That's better. Thought you're the typical."

"Typical?"

Sumilay ang konting ngisi ng lalaki. "Y'know, the usual bang. I am quite the rough one if you ask."

Natawa ang babae, sumunod na rin ang lalaki, at nabilib rin sa aura ng kasama nito dahil hindi mahirap kausapin. "No need, I'm not here for that don't worry."

Kahit papaano, naging maayos ang usapan ng dalawa habang lumilipas ng bawat minuto. Noong dumating ang mga inumin, ay mas naging tutok sila sa usapan nila. Kahit pa ganoon ang ginagawa sa paaralan, ay hindi maiwasang mabilib ni Allison kay Eldar, dahil sa taglay nitong kabaitan tungo sa kanya. Iba ang naging impresyon nito mula sa nabasang school record nito sa Asplund.

Naging seryoso ang atmospera ng tanungin siya ni Allison.

"Are you allies with Dexter?"

Inayos ng lalaki ang pagkakaupo sa upuan. "... I'm very neutral when it comes to him. I offer him cans, but I'm out of his league."

"Interesting."

"Say, are you perhaps his... girlfriend? Lav?" Umiling agad si Allison.

"Then who are you? It's unfair since you know me already." tinanggal ni Eldar ang suot na maskra. Hindi na nagsalita si Allison at mabilis na tinanggal ang maskra, para makita ni Eldar ang mukha nito. Mabilis na lumipat ang mga mata ni Allison sa ibang table, kung nasaan pa ang ibang miyembro ng Royals para bantayan siya para sakaling masabi kung nandoon ba ang grupo nina Dexter.

Magkakasama sa iisang table sina Enrico, Aira at March, sa kabila naman si Alexid at Enrico, at kabila naman nito si Daryll na may kasamang iba.

"I wasn't wrong then. From your voice I can tell you're Carpio." nasambit ng lalaki, matapos ibalik ni Alli ang maskra sa mukha.

"You're already aware that Dexter and me aren't in good terms, so I'll be straight to the point. I want to ask you what you know with Thea's case."

Narining nito ang buntong-hininga ng lalaki. "You know what? I don't want to, 'cause I'll be involved in all the b*llsh*t-"

"I won't." pigil ng babae sa kanya. "I know how loyal you are. Even your family."

Tinitigan ng lalaki si Allison na para bang mali ang mga sinasabi niya. Ngunit, alam nito sa sarili na totoo lahat iyon.

"I just need your words. I just have to confirm something." Mas inilapit pa ni Alli ang mukha niya sa lalaki, at inilagay ang mga siko sa mesa. "I know you know about the rape case. You know Evan was a witness to that. I want to know if you can confirm that you saw him at the bar that night, and I won't take a b*llsh*t answer." bagamat seryoso ang mukha, bahagyang nabahala si Eldar sa tono ng babae.

Matapos ang mabibigay na segundo ng katahimikan, narinig muli nito ang boses ng lalaki. "... He is."

Parang nakahinga ng maluwag si Alli ng maisip ang naging sagot nito. "What was he doing that time around?"

"He's there, drinking with his friends when they won the the division swimming competition."

Tumango muli si Allison, at sumandal sa upuan nito. "But how about the drugs rumors around the party that time?"

"The drinks had drugs, they are spiked. And the host of that party was the man himself, Dexter." Doon pa lang nabuo ni Allison lahat-lahat ng nalalaman nito na parang mga piraso ng jigsaw puzzles. Kaya hindi naging malakas ang ebidensya ni Evan laban sa kaso ni Thea, ay dahil sa impluwensya nito sa alak noong araw na iyon. At walang naging ibang witness na nakapagpatunay nga na nandoon siya.

Pwera na lang kay Eldar, na hindi sumali sa kaso.

Lumagok si Allison ng inumin, mahigpit na hawak ang baso. Pinanood lamang siya ng lalaki, hanggang sa marahas niyang ilapag ang baso sa mesa, dinig ang kalansing ng baso, na nabasag ng kalahati. Bahagya pang napatalon ang lalaki sa gulat.

"Then why didn't you go as witness?" tanong nito sa kanya na ngayo'y iba na ang ipinapakita ng mga mata, na kapit na kapit pa rin ang hawak sa baso.

"Like I told you, how would I do that if I am the only one who saw him? It won't be valid and I'll be their target! He's Dexter in the first place, he can do anything on that case! And for f*cks sake, I don't want to be in their b*llsh*t!"

Doon pa lang kumalma si Allison sa narinig. Tama naman ang naging sagot ng lalaki, lalo na't malakas ang impluwensya ni Dexter sa lahat.

"I apologize. I went too far."

"It's fine. Being the public enemy for gamechangers is kinda stressing to say. And I think the alcohol's kicking in on you. How 'bout we go there and let it all out?" suhestiyon ng lalaki, at tinuro ang dancefloor.

Agad naman pumayag si Allison, lalo na't iyon na ang oras para gawin ang pangalawang hakbang ng plano nila.

LEXID

It was our cue nang makita kong bumaba na si Allison... tsaka si Eldar.

Buti na lang on the way, no one really knew us with our masks and clothes. I was kinda scared 'cause I am a frequent visitor in the club. I mean, it's rented for a party but let's face it: kilala rin naman ako sa Asplund.

The dancefloor reeked of alcohol and sweat. I am not surprised of the scene in front of me though: people grinding each other, some eating their faces out or some, dancing like no one's watching.

But, Cosine's eyes weren't really setting in. Kahit pa nandito na kami, lumibot ang mga mata niya sa kung saan, probably amazed at how it really looks in real life. At the movies, it looks cool, but no, it isn't.

Siniko ko naman siya, para kasi siyang statwa! "Uy! Chillax lang! Alam mo naman gagawin naten diba?"

"But why do I have to do this too? I mean my personality isn't fit on doing this kind of mission whereas my lack of experience makes it more clear and evident."

Natawa naman ako sa aligaga nitong mukha. "C'mon, I'll show you. Sasayaw lang naman tayo eh. Remember the real goal, we'll get his phone and run into the bathroom to get his messages in 3 minutes."

Biglang kumunot ang noo ni Cosine. "Wait! Which bathroom?!"

Doon na ako ngumisi at hinila na lang siya sa dancefloor. Rinig ko pa ang pagtawag niya ng pangalan ko, but it's useless since now we're surrounded by drunk people chatting and yelling everywhere.

I'm pulling a stunt with what we have to do. Basically, Allison will take his phone and give it to me discreetly. And we have to find a way to take at least, his important conversations that relates to Dexter and his goons.

Little did he know though, we were going to do it, the Alexid way.

Kahit pa di marunong, ay kita ko ang pagsayaw ni Cosine, literally doing my moves. Natawa naman ako, just because I noticed how he does it, like he has steps on how he would do things. Systematic.

I made my way to the sea of people 'till I took notice of the two already dancing. I already saw Allison holding a phone. Sh*t, ang bilis niya!

Agad ko siyang nilapitan, at kunwari tumalon-talon pa (kasama si Cosine) patungo sa direksyon nito, reaching a hand to her. Just like that, mabilis niya itong binitawan na agad ko ring nakuha.

"You ready Cos?"

"Huh?" his reaction was too late, nang hilahin ko na siya palabas ng dancefloor, at pinasok ang women's bathroom. Bago pa man siya sumigaw ng parang babae, agad kong pinasok ang isang cubicle at sinara ang pinto. With that, agad kong tinakpan ang bibig niya't bumulong.

"B*tch take out your phone! Now!" sumunod naman siya at dali-daling kinuha ang phone. Buti na lang at naka-unlock ang phone ni Eldar kaya agad kong nakita ang mga messages niya.

Quickly, my eyes search for a certain name, 'till I hit jackpot. "'San na yung phone mo?!"

"H-Here!" bulong rin niya. Hindi ako masyadong makagalaw kaya agad ko siyang pinaupo sa inidoro.

"Alexid!" he whispered, at the same time, I hear the door of the bathroom creak.

Sh*t, we forgot to lock!

"Just sit, and take a picture of everything I'll show you!" mabilis naman siya sa pag-capture since maganda naman ang lighting ng banyo. Hindi ko na rin pinalagpas ang facebook niya at naghanap na rin ng messages doon. He took pictures of the messages without a word. Napangiti kami parehas nag makitang we had taken much, at natapos lang iyon in less than 2 minutes.

Until we both heard a wolf-whistle. Damn it!

"Ooh! We're getting laid tonight!" rinig ko pa mula sa isang lalaki, sumunod ang mahinang tawa ng babae mula sa labas.

Agad akong napapikit sa narinig. Agad kong inilapit ang mukha ko sa tenga ni Cosine. It's looks like he flinched, but I didn't care since it's either failure or success doing this. "Sagutin mo, 'yeah, bro'."

"Y-Yeah, bro." sagot nito sa mahinang boses enough for us to hear a chuckle from the two.

"Who's the lucky girl?"

Sh*t. Daig pa ng lindol ang pagkabigla ko sa naging tanong niya, like WHY DO YOU HAVE TO ASK DUDE?! Just then, footsteps can be heard.

P*ta, we're done. Not until my dirty mind gave me no choice.

"Argh! F*ck this sh*t!" I quickly took our masks off, sat on him, grabbed his collar to pull him closer to me, and kissed him. And you don't even know how hard I prayed for this guy to not recognize us!

"Oh, they're doing it already!" rinig ko pang sabi ng lalaki, rinig ko pa ang tunog muli ng sapatos niya.

"Don't bother them, let's just do it here." sabi pa ng babae, but I was too focused on Cosine. Masyado akong nabigla sa sarili ko. Hindi ko alam kung bakit may nararamdaman akong kakaiba.

I should be used to this. I've been doing this with different guys for a long time, but my raging heart wouldn't stop, especially when I felt him kissing back.

Maybe, because I consider him as a friend. My head replayed the words I muttered before him. That I was using him. But no, he didn't say he was being used.

Ako ang naunang humiwalay sa kanya, I was taken aback. He became a mirror sa naging reaksyon ko.

"I think that's enough." I managed to croak out, even though I felt like I was loss for words. Malalim ang paghinga niya, ngunit agad naman siyang tumayo para sumunod sa'kin. Lumabas kami ng dahan-dahan and we're in luck when we got out safely without bothering the other couple at the washroom. Mabilis kaming nagsuot ng maskra even before going out.

Amidst the intensity back there, there was one thing that's bothering me. No, I actually quite find it funny.

"Sandali, ba't alam mong humalik? Considering you never had a girlfriend before?" my smirk grew wider, turning my head to face him.

Agad nanlaki ang mga mata niya, but soon, he was on the floor as he lose consciousness. Hindi ko alam kung matatawa ba ako o maaawa sa nakita. Damn, Cosine!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

701K 15.3K 57
Published under IMMAC PPH Cyienna Calixta Marcielo-more on-Ciara Callista Martell, a Runaway Royalty to get away from what her mother wants, running...
5.9M 274K 72
In the near dystopian future where the population has blown up, women and the poor are more oppressed, and those with positions who abuse their power...
325M 6.7M 94
[BAD BOY 1] Gusto ko lang naman ng simpleng buhay; tahimik at malayo sa gulo. Kaso isang araw... nagbago ang lahat. Inspired by Boys Over Flowers.
3.4M 134K 23
What would you do if you wake up one day and find yourself in a different body? [Completed]