unconditional (BOOK #2) [TO B...

By roxann_season

After moving to Southern California, Chelsea's life has never been better... or more complicated. Sh... More

prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32 - Unknown
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
KEY
Chapter 37
wonder if...
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 48.5
recap
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
reuploading
Chapter 59
Chapter 60 - Gabriel POV
Chapter 61 - Gabriel POV
Chapter 62 - Gabriel POV
Chapter 63 - Gabriel POV
Chapter 64 - Gabriel POV
Chapter 65 - Gabriel POV
Chapter 66 - Gabriel POV
Chapter 67 - Gabriel POV
Chapter 68 - Gabriel POV
Chapter 69 - Gabriel POV
Chapter 70 - Gabriel POV
Chapter 71 - Gabriel POV
Chapter 72 - Russell POV
Chapter 73 - Russell POV
Chapter 74 - Chelsea POV
Chapter 75 - Russell POV
Chapter 76 - Russell POV
Chapter 77
Chapter 78 - Chelsea POV
Chapter 79
Chapter 80 - Darren POV
Chapter 81 - Chelsea POV
Chapter 82 - Chelsea POV
Chapter 83 - Russell POV
KEY 2
Chapter 84 - Chelsea POV
** Recap Chapter ** Q/A**
Chapter 85 - Gabriel POV
Chapter 86 - Chelsea POV
Chapter 87 - Victor POV
Chapter 88 - Chelsea POV
Chapter 89 - Gabriel POV
Epilogue
unbroken (book#3)

Chapter 22

58.5K 1.8K 160
By roxann_season

A/N: Not Edited. 

Question 1: Do you guys like the two POV's in one chapter? 

Enjoy :) 

Chapter 22 (Gabriel POV)           

            “At least he’s loyal to his family.”  Jamies’ words repeating in my head, mantras like. It wasn’t that he said them; it was how he said them. Sure, with proof, a clear and direct threat worse was Sam’s reaction. He had none, but Jamie wasn’t swayed at all in his comment, or his stance as I saw him now. In fact he looked, cool and calm. Not the reaction of someone that fears for his or her mate.

Chelsea hadn’t understood what I had, the anger from when someone so much as looks at your mate wrong, everyone in her pack, more or less accepted me. However in mine, they were a threat to her, a threat that I would fight, like Jamie. I know Samuel; he wouldn’t have been able to not talk down about Jamie’s mate. But I also knew that Jamie, was marked and marked in return, he wouldn’t let any type of threat go unpunished. The bravado he normally lacked would eat Samuel whole before Jamie even had a chance to breath.

Which brings me back full circle, “At least he’s loyal to his family.” I watched as the room filled and the professor started class, but all I really saw was Chelsea and Jamie. She had yet to explain what Jamie meant, only saying not right now, after class. What was so bad that she couldn’t even share it with me in class? Then weirder, the two sat rigid, never moving, not even to open a damn notebook, nothing, they just stared forward as if they were each a million miles away.

After a while, five minutes I was worried because Chelsea didn’t even fucking blink one time. Odder? Jamie had his eyes closed for the same five minutes Chelsea didn’t blink. Siting back, I thought about the statement, until a memory hit me.

The ride home from when Andrew and Ethan got shot. My hand clenched and I felt the pencil I was holding snap into two pieces, loud enough to catch the attention of some werewolves but not the humans. The other hand holding Chelseas, flexed around her fingers as I remembered. 

.

.

** FLASHBACK **

Rico laughed, “Please that is and I stress if, Chelsea approves her… Samuel is as good as any of them and you heard Chelsea put him out, then he still had the balls to reject his mate. Dumbass!”

Stay away from Francesca Gabriel! I only want Chelsea! Max growled at me, which was pointless because I only wanted Chelsea.

“Wait! Hold the fucking train!” I did not know this.

“Samuel? My brother rejected his mate? Jamie?” I said surprised wanting confirmation from Rico.

“Yeah, wanted that boy to pick between Chelsea and him like that was the smart adult thing to do.”

“How do you know this?” I asked Rico.

“When Jamie went to walk him out after you went to talk to your girl, I went for a smoke, over heard Sammy boy giving Jamie that fucked up ultimatum. I mean the girl only just saved your mate’s life and you what? Want him to pick you… “ Rico carried on speaking, but I could only lean my head back at what I learned.

“What did Jamie say?” I questioned, and then snorted. I couldn’t believe all this gossiping I was doing but I could not figure out Sam’s end game here.

“Said nothing,”

“Wait, what?”

“I’m not joking Gabriel, he said nothing. Just said “huh,” then went quiet and Sammy did the whole rejection spiel.”

“He always wanted a mate…” James answered saying exactly what I was thinking.

“Yeah but one that would help him be Gabe’s second, help him become a Capo, not a mate that was helping his brother away from the life, the family,” Saul said, I sighed. 

“What was he thinking?” I whispered mostly to myself but I actually received an answer.

“Bro, your brother is fucking weird,” I snapped my head to James who lifted his hand in defense and started speaking fast.

“As my soon to be Alpha, and as my Il Principe, I wouldn’t say none of this shit but since you gave all that up I’ll tell you what many think. Straight?”

“Straight,” I said unsure of what the hell he was going to say.

“Your brother is crazy, crazy smart, crazy stupid and worse crazy psycho. He is that child that would kill everyone around him, you and your parents included just for under estimating him.”

“You’re wrong,” I said strongly, I knew my brother. 

No you see what he wants everyone around him to see...Max said. 

“Samuel is shy and quiet,” I said then, let that go trying a new route, “Why didn’t you guys say that before?” they all just laughed.

“The bullet you would put in our heads as Alpha or Il Principe,” James stopped laughing and answered. 

“Your family… built him a wall, Gabriel. Anything we say negative is because he’s gay. Anyone or we, say he’s shady, you guys think that we say that because he’s gay. You shoot to kill and make an example of them. Your dad has done that before. Remember Nick? Told your dad something about Sam and your dad killed him, yeah Sam is gay. But Sam is shady as hell. Stealthy and you guys… well you are neither my future Alpha or Il Principe right now, so we can tell you the truth, and the truth is you guys created a monster,” Said Saul, the others agreeing.

“Samuel?” I asked again, surely they had to be confused.

“Yeah, Samuel. Anything, anyone says about him negative you and your pops think it’s because he’s gay, but he’s shifty and Chelsea… well she sees it!” James answered.

“Yeah man.”

“Chelsea’s suspicious of everyone,” I replied rather defensive.

They all snorted, “Right but she wasn’t the one getting shot at tonight,” Rico pointed out.

“Yeah Gabriel, she won’t let Samuel get away with nothing, she wont let him join her little pack or guard her, it isn’t shit about him being gay, Jamie is gay. She doesn’t trust him as a person, or his wolf either,” Saul said who for the most part always remained silent.

“You have to see it now man?” James stated but it came out as a question.

“He can’t stand Chelsea because you guys can’t protect him, with Chelsea there is no bubble, she see’s him for who he is, not what he is.”

“And you guys think he’s dirty somehow?”  I concluded aloud.

“No not somehow, specifically where your family is related,” Saul, said.

“No,” I disagreed.

“Yes. You think this was a setup? Who do you think is behind it? As far as Samuel knew we would be staying with Chelsea. That call you got from Mack would have gotten rid of Andrew, Ethan and you. As your mate, if you had gotten hurt, Chelsea would have come running,” James theorized.

“Four for the price of one,” I said but shook my head. 

“If anyone was behind this it would be Ames,” I threw his name out there.

“They could be working together,” Saul threw back.

“Rian, Samuel and Ames,” James said voice stronger, more sure of his statement than Saul.

“No,” I answered quickly

“Yes,” James said, he standing his ground.

“Why? No, how? They want different things?” I argued.

“No they don’t,” he replied quickly, “they all want power.”

“You sound-” I started.

“Like Chelsea, you said that already man, James is right they all want power. Your dad is always careful, so they can’t just kill him. But the death of three of his sons is a major distraction.” Saul explained.

“I feel like I’m being mindfucked!” I groaned out.

“Mindfucked?” Rico mocked, “but you see our point?” he finished.

It was dark, but I nodded, “Any three of them but they’d need help.”

** Flashback ends!!! **

.

.

When the memory fades, I’m back to thinking about Jamie and the comment, I compare everything about that night to this right now. James, Saul and Rico, they weren’t sure, they suspected my brother was shady and you could hear the suspicion in their voices. Jamie’s was different, he knew Samuel was no good; there was no gray area, just black and white. I try to think of what Samuel could’ve possibly told Jamie, or what Jamie saw for him to become this resolute in his mind. They hadn’t spent much time together at all, and Samuel mostly spent the rest of the time, complaining about Chelsea.

* CHELSEA OR THE BABY * That small note Chelsea said my mom received when her office was blown up… Chelsea… I tried over our mate link.

Yeah?  Her reply instant, but hesitant, you know how you saw that my parents had a note after moms office was blown up?

Yes.

Do you think you could generate it for me? Like the writing style and everything? Was it even handwritten? I fire questions at her.

Yea it was handwritten and I can, why? I turn to her, her heart is racing, and I can smell her scent change, the odor – her anxiousness - permeates the air around us.

Can you do it right now? I say ignoring her reaction, I’m sure it had to do with Jamie’s comment as well.  She gives me an imperceptible nod, finally taking out a piece of paper and in an instant hands it to be the way it was written. Taking my phone out I take a picture of it and send it to Remy.

TEXT: RUN THIS HANDWRITING AGAINST ALL SAMPLES IN THE DATABASE.

REPLY TEXT: Understood.

It would take a while there were over five thousand handwriting samples to run it against, I put my phone away and go back to not listening to the professor and watching my mate from the corner of my eyes.

(CHELSEA POV)

I remember the simpler days, when all I had to worry about was Leo, now… I’m playing a game of twister by myself, and I have 4 extra limbs attached to my body.

Jamie tells me over the link, that he wants me to use my gift, go back in his mind, taking Gabriel with us, so we can watch something but he doesn’t give me more details nor does it think of it after five minutes of explaining.

Just as Jamie ends the link, Gabriel projects a scene onto me, startling me. I turn to look at him, but I doubt he even realized that he sent it, practically forced me to watch along with him.

Bastards all thought I was cynical, but I wasn’t the one getting shot at that night.

Still hearing how James, Rico and Saul had defended me, especially James, I felt pleased that it wasn’t in my head, the vibes I get of Samuel, even Alpha George aren’t nice. I don’t genuinely care much for validation of my feelings, but this one time I did want it, and was glad they gave it to me.

.

.

Gabriel pounces the second the class is over, what did Jamie mean Chelsea? Knowing that this class is over and Jamie and I have 30 minutes before our next one we don’t stand, wait for the room to clear and then I speak.

Since you aren’t linked in the pack we have now, I’m going to show you what Jamie is showing me okay? He nods and I put my hand on Jamie, my other on Gabriel.

I’m neither surprised nor happy that I was right about Samuel. From Jamie’s memory, Samuel came into the room when he thought Jamie was sleeping, or medicated and Molly wasn’t there. He reeked of gasoline, too strong of in fact. Jamie never opened his eyes and kept his heart rate at a slow pace as to not notify Samuel of his state.

Samuel calls someone, “it’s done, go put the note.” This wasn’t much of proof in my opinion but I just spoke way too soon.

“Yeah, bring me some new clothes, some of it fell on my pants… yeah I’m in room 331…” he didn’t say anything after that just hung up the phone. According to Jamie he never moved, just kept his eyes close until someone knocks and Jamie hears footsteps, and the door clicking.

“Thanks bro,” Samuel said, then there was another door click, followed by one more and the bathroom shower in Jamie’s room turns on.

“What was their scent? The person?” Gabriel asks out loud.

“It was chocolate and strong, but there was a strong scent of coffee there,” Jamie replied, used that to mask their scent, who ever it was and Jamie didn’t get a face or name, nor did her hear the other persons voice. What he did get though, was actually brilliant, I couldn’t have been anymore proud of him at that moment.

“Shit!” Gabe swears as he watches with me. After the shower goes off, there is a gap but then Samuel comes back sitting in the chair near Jamie, but not before opening the trashcan, and then there’s a whoosh sound, and metal hitting metal. I don’t censor anything for Gabriel, as Jamie felt his stomach drop in the memory so did Gabriel.

Just as Jamie was about to actually fall back asleep, Samuel’s phone rings. Jamie wasn’t expecting it; he flinched but just pretended to be walking up for real.

A chuckle was released, against my will.

“Hello?” Samuel whispered, voice croaky, a yawn, “no it’s fine, I spent the night in Jamie’s room dad, what wrong?” he actually had a panicked voice. I bit my lip, holding my laughter in.

“Oh my god! Oh my god, dad is she all right?” he speaks speedily, a frantic, fearful voice.

“No! No! I’ll be there in a minute, okay… okay... see you soon.” The call ends and Jamie now ‘awake’ looks at Samuel who is the best actor. His tears are pooled, his face helpless and in need of comfort.

“Baby, Sam? Whats wrong?” Jamie asks just as frantic as Samuel had been.

“There- there was an accident, my moms office was blown up, she-she’s here, I-I-” he doesn’t even finish that sentence, a sob and tears are released. Samuel stands looking helplessly at the door, then back to Jamie, torn. My body begins to shake.

“It’s okay, baby, you can go, Molly will be here soon, I’m okay,” Jamie says compassionately, his gaze unwavering, complete support.

“Are-are you sure?” he whimpers. Jamie nodded and Samuel came to him, kissing him and leaving with a promise to return quickly. There is a lull but 15 minutes later Molly arrives, “Go in that bin, there’s a either some clothes or a bag in there, take it Molly and bring it home, right now!” Jamie says before she could even get one foot in the door.

That was all I could take, I doubled over in a fit of giggles, bring my hands to cover my face as I howled, to the point of tears laughter. When I finally caught my breath I opened my eyes to face Jamie and Gabriel.

They’re stunned at my behavior I’m sure, but watching that from Jamie’s memory, was like watching a disaster happening, knowing you should turn away but you just cannot do that.

.

.

Wiping at my face, Jamie is dumbfounded and Gabriel is just impassive, face blank. I bit my lip, trying to remain serious, thinking of his feelings probably a little too late. He was angry, I sensed emotionally, thinking it was at Samuel’s behavior. I would have never guessed that it was directed towards me.

“How could know about this all this time and not say a fucking word!?” he spat at me, I let my lip go as I watched him with fearful eyes. He was raging mad, a growl rumbling deep in his torso. I shook my head back and forth.

“Gabriel?” I whispered not sure what the problem here was.

“You can read his mind, you knew he was shady and still you did nothing?” he roared.

YOU PROBABLY KNOW WHERE KATIE IS AND ARE JUST WAITING FOR THE RIGHT TIME TO TELL ME ABOUT THAT! He shouted in my head angrily. So loud, that I lifted my hands to cradle my head instantly. It was horrendous, the pains, of having him shout it there. I had to quickly close my eyes, falling to my knees and one hand at the side of my head the other palms flat against the floor.

Aria and Avena were howling, intensifying the problem greatly. Colors danced in my line of vision, I shut them again, groaning, I blindly tried to take a step towards Gabriel, but he released a hard growl, making me flinch, and remain where I was. I heard footsteps, my eyes flying open I see Jamie, no sign at all of Gabriel.

I’m sorry Gabriel, I said over the link not sure what the hell just happened here; how did I end up the bad guy? But he had a point as well... I did know where Katie was...

____________________________________________

Soo who is Remy?

what's Gabriels problems?

What did Molly take home? 

I typed this up with Chelsea telling about Jamie's memory, but I'm going to rewrite that, because instead of telling you guys, I want to show (you  know the rule: show don't tell) you instead. And I would be able to really get that scene right. 

Please Share w/others (if you feel like its worth sharing). Please Vote (if you liked it & the quicker updates!!).  Please Comment (if you have something to say, i LOVE LOVE LOVE READING YOUR COMMENTS AND IT LETS ME KNOW IF I'M DOING SOMETHING WRONG...).  

next UPDATE: Tuesday/Wednesday  I need to write in a chapter thats not prewritten. And i'm typing up a chapter for Scratch :)

Plus I'm finished with my project I'm just using this time until Monday when I actually present to make sure my speech is in time with my PowerPoint 

© 2014 new_season All Rights Reserved

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.1M 146K 41
Ariana Belle was the typical quiet girl. She was the weak link in the ferocious Crimson Pack. She was shunned by everyone except for two people, her...
2.7M 73K 49
Book 1 On a werewolfs sixteenth birthday, they finally are granted the senses to seek out their mate. Alyssa and Amy have been friends all their life...
32.3M 786K 38
Skylar lives in a world where her pack is slowly and deliberately being obliterated by the merciless Black Mountains Pack, led by their vicious and c...