Delilah In Discretion | ✓ - D...

By iiLoveydoveii

SEQUEL TO HIS POSSESSION IN DISCRETION READ BOOK #1 BEFORE ENTERING BOOK #2 Delilah Newman-Russel. Recently t... More

Delilah In Discretion Publishing & Moving to Patreon and Kindle Vella
Character List
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
The Discretion Series (NEW BOOK - Aching for his Discretion)

Chapter 9

128K 5.5K 948
By iiLoveydoveii

"I can try to stop it, all I like
Hands down I've lost this fight
Thought I was strong, enough for you
But I just can't hide the truth
So I guess I'm going down
I guess I'm going down, like this"

Delilah's POV

Looking at myself one last time in my mirror, I sighed. Please.. please get through the day... 

I silently begged myself as it had been a few days since my kiss with Archer and since I've been to school, I haven't seen him in any of my recent classes... Not that I was secretly waiting for him in every class we share to see if he would notice me or talk to me about the other night... Yeah, definitely not waiting for him. I heard a knock at my door, and I turned to see Benjamin standing by the door. 

" Good morning Delilah... You missed breakfast this morning.. " I shrugged my shoulders. 

" Woke up a little late is all.. " I said, and he hummed.

" You've missed breakfast for the last two days in a row... I'm assuming you.. woke up late for those days too. " He said and I averted my eyes unconsciously as his gaze on me was starting to shift. 

He cleared his throat " Kimiko is waiting for you outside, your father told me to send his regards as he left for work early this morning and if you wish, you may bid your mother goodbye as well since she is downstairs with the twins. " I nodded my head and grabbed my things. My heels clicked as I walked to the door and past him. 

" Thank you, Benny. I'll see you later this afternoon. " I didn't hear him say anything, but he spoke to me before I went down the stair. 

" .. Think twice about what you're doing Delilah... dwell upon the reasoning if there may be a possibility that your father would approve or not.. " I stopped in my tracks abruptly, and my throat went dry. I looked over my shoulder to him as he still stood at the door of my room with a knowing look and he looked right through me. I gulped unnoticeably and spoke again.

" I'll see you this afternoon, Benjamin. " I turned away and walked down the stairs. Gosh! Is there anything that butler can not catch onto? It should be illegal that he knows so much and that his sources are always way too close to the situation! 

Maybe he doesn't know?... Of course, he does! It's Benjamin, he and Reginald know everything about everyone's business. 

I whined internally. I forgot Reginald could know part of this as well. He was on a totally different spectrum of nosey. Going with my clearly optimistic side, I thought nothing of it as I walked into the dining room to see the twins giggling as their food was no longer on their little trays but scattered on the floor and on my mother's shirt. She sighed heavily, and I walked over starting to help clean the floor. She looked over and gave me a small smile.

" You don't have to sweetheart. You have school.. " She said, but from the tone of her voice, I knew she was grateful.

" It's ok mom. You don't look the brightest today. " I said, and she nodded. 

" This morning wasn't off to a great start, your father has been on edge lately and trying to calm him, get a full night's rest and tend to the children while Benjamin and Reginald are busy is a hassle. " She said, and I could tell she was tired. Reginald walked into the room as he dried his hands off and tsked at my mother.

" Now you listen here. You are going to march up those stairs, hop in the rose petal bath I set and afterward, get into bed for a nap. I thought I told you to call Benjamin to watch over the little ones. " My mother pouted.

" B-but you were washing dishes and Ben was upstairs, and I just wanted to help. " He shook his head. 

" These children already run you wild during the night when we're not here. You can barely keep your eyes open, and Mr. Russel is not making things any easier. Trust me I know. Now I don't want to hear another word. " He said, and she sighed as she stood up and gave him a genuine smile. 

" Thank you, Regi. " He scoffed.

" What are you thanking me for? The bath is getting cold, chop chop! " He said dramatically, and she kissed my forehead before going up the stairs. I looked over to Reginald who was paying me no mind.

" If I were you, I would just head to school. I may know something that I don't need to know... who knows.. " He said, and I quickly turned and ran for the door. I closed it behind me and looked to see Kimiko standing at the car with an irritated look on her face. I speed-walked over to her, and she scoffed.

" About time you showed- " I spoke lowly, cutting her off. 

" I think Benjamin and Reginald know what happened the night of the auction. " She stared at me as if she couldn't believe it.

" They know? " She whispered, and I sighed.

" I think they do! They were acting weird this morning. " I said, and we both went quiet as George exited the car and came over to open the door for us. I smiled at him.

" You didn't have to George... we were eventually going to get in.. " He gave me a knowing look. 

" Keyword: eventually, Delilah. " We thanked him as we entered the car and he went back to the front. He pulled off and Kimi and I stayed quiet as there was some tension building in the car. Feeling it, George sighed as he lifted the partition and blocked himself from our conversation. We simultaneously looked back to each other, and she was the first to speak.

" We could be overthinking this... Maybe they know something else? " She said trying to reason otherwise, but we both didn't want to admit what could be true. I didn't respond, and if knowing this conversation was best save for a different time, we dropped the subject.

Eventually, we reached school grounds, and George opened the door for us to step out. I thanked him one last time, and we made our way inside to our classes.

" What do you want to do for our free period? " I asked Kimi as I walked her to her first class which was on the way to my first. She made a face.

" Actually... The board has shifted my free period to be the time where I meet with a few members of the council so we can have meetings as frequently as possible.. " 

" Oh," I said softly, and the mood instantly shifted. She stopped walking and grabbed my arm softly.

" I'm sorry Dee, I know we haven't spent much time together but- " I shook my head.

" It's ok Kimi, really. You're literally the president now. I can't have you all to myself now. You have the whole school to worry about now. " 

" I worry about you first Delilah. What will you do in that time? " She asked, and I shrugged.

" I could go study in the library or do something else.. It doesn't matter, I'll be fine Kim-Kim. " I said, and she gave me a sad smile as she hugged me and entered her class. 

" I'll see you in a few. " I nodded my head and walked to my class. I sighed softly when I entered.

... I'll be fine.  

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

A few hours went by, and I entered the library to do a bit of studying. I loved Kimi to death, and I didn't want her to feel bad about not spending time with me as much. I also had to remember that she was doing a lot and I had to support her all the way, not show my disappointment in how busy she's been.

Taking a seat on one of the tables designated for studying, I unpacked my things and opened my laptop to begin. I heard someone sigh heavily and I couldn't help but turn to look in the direction for a split second. I wasn't expecting to see Brad, the former president sitting with piles of work. I stood up and walked over to him slowly.

" Hey, Brad.. " I said, and he looked up at me as if he hadn't slept in days. My heart sank, and I spoke again.

" What's the matter? You look exhausted. " I asked, and he looked around the room for a moment to see if anyone is near and he responded looking back to me. 

" I'm paying Luca's price for not winning the election.. " He said, and I took a seat beside him.

" What do you mean paying the price? "

" I-I'm not really supposed to say... " He said trying to look back to the book in front of him, but I closed it quickly causing him to jump. 

" What do you mean? " I asked harshly, and he hesitated, but my gaze was more frightening than his thoughts. 

" My family... doesn't have much money.. I was lucky to be good at managing and computer science to score a spot in the school, but it wasn't the most fun being here at my rank. I was thankful to have financial assistance to pay for the school, but Luca thought of me as nothing more than a burden. He made my life a living hell until there was an election and he gave me a proposition that was hard to say no to.. " He said, and I nodded to let him know I was still listening.

" Each president had been one from wealth, and if someone like me could win office, I could put hope into the students that we could change the system, and those of lower class could do more than sit there. Luca wanted nothing to do with that but with the very opposite. He wanted control in the school and who better to demand it from than someone who he could fit into the palm of his hand. In return for me playing him as president, he would grant me immunity from his cruel ways, and I accepted it as quick as the offer came. He made sure I did everything he wanted me to do with no question, and I quickly obliged, and then, Kimiko came along. She actually wanted change. She had the money, mindset, knowledge, courage,  everything I lack. It was no surprise to me that she won so now Luca put me back at square one and I'm doing the work that he has scheduled for the next two weeks. "

" That's awful! Why didn't you do anything about it! " I asked him in complete bewilderment, and he sighed.

" The school board doesn't care about people like me; all they want is 'diversity.' They simply care to say that they take all type of people, regardless of wealth but for what they can offer, which is the farthest from the truth. Me being president gave them more reason to express how 'diverse' their school was. Why would I jeopardize any of it? Thankfully my family is doing much better, and my father's business is growing rapidly, but that doesn't change anything in their eyes or Luca's. We're all the same " 

I scoffed " I hope you know you're not doing any of this anymore. This work is for Luca and Luca alone. You shouldn't have to suffer because he's a fucking idiot. " I said, and he winced at my choice of words.

" Well don't you have a way with words. " We heard a voice, and I sighed in annoyance looking to the other side of the table to see Luca and his 'friends'. He strolled over to us, and I stood up and folded my arms looking directly up at him.

" You're a monster.. " I said, and he chuckled. 

" I hope that wasn't an insult.. if it was, you're adorable. " He said, and I ignored the blatant stare of Brad as he watched our interaction.

" He shouldn't have to do your homework just because your brain compacity can only take so much. " He bit his lip, and I felt his arm snake around my body. He pulled me unbearably closer to him and spoke.

" Be nice doll.. No need to be upset. " 

" Get off of me. " I seethed, and he chuckled as he tightened his grip on me. 

" Why would I do that? I quite like holding you like this. " 

" I mean it, Luca. " I spoke, and he sighed as he put his arm down and pulled away.

" Stop treating Brad the way you are. " I said again, and he shrugged. 

" We had an agreement, and it came to an end. Simple as that. He knew the consequences of not winning. " 

" He's a person, Luca, just like you. He doesn't need to submit to you. " Luca's face turned into one of anger, and he glared at me. 

" He is nothing like me. Weak, poor, worthless, pathetic is what he is, and he should be reminded where his place is in this world. You obviously still haven't learned your's..  " He said lowering his voice towards the end and I looked over to Brad. 

" Let's go. " I said to him, and he gulped slightly looking from Luca to me, back and forth. 

" I-I don't t-think- " He started but I gave him a look, and he didn't say anything as he quickly grabbed his things and stood up. 

Luca sighed. " Doll, don't do things you may regret later. " 

" I won't be regretting anything Luca. You need to leave everyone alone and mind your business. " He didn't say anything but a small smile broke out on his face. 

" You're safe for now Williams.. Be thankful Ms. Russel was here to relieve you from your 'punishment'... May not be as lucky the next time " He then turned to me and spoke.

" The more you try, the worst it's going to be for you.. You may be able to save them but don't be upset when you're caught in the same boat.. " He left the room with the other guys following him, and Brad was staring at me in shock. I looked away from him as I went to grab my things. So much for trying to study..

" What the hell was that? " He asked me, and I shrugged. 

" I saved you from Luca for a while. You should say thank you. " 

" I know that! I'm talking about the fact that you literally told Luca Crawford what to do and he listened! " He whisper-yelled, and I sighed.

" He doesn't listen to me. "

" He listens to you more than he does to anyone else. "

" And what's your point, Brad? " I asked looking over to him annoyed, and he looked at me in complete shock.

" You really don't know.. "

" Don't know what?! What more couldn't I possibly know, because at this point I feel as though everyone knows everything I don't! " 

" You've dug yourself a grave.. " 

" What? " I asked him, and he shook his head.

" You may think what you're doing is going to stop Luca, and sure it may be for a bit, but he'll be going after you if he hasn't already. " I rolled my eyes as I grabbed my bag and made a beeline for the door. 

" Once again Brad, you're welcome. " I exited the library and stopped as the boy from my first day was standing right outside the library only this time it looked like he was waiting for me. He also didn't look angry, more so confused but I wasn't in the mood to run after him for the hundredth time.

" I don't have time for this. " I said and went around him as I walked to my next class.

☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽

Hello loves! ♡ Don't be upset! I know I'm the worst, but I'm also the best because I'm working on the next chapter right now and I am already halfway through, and even though this is just building the plot, I know you all will love to next chapter!! Much love. x

How did you like this chapter?

Favorite moments and why?

What do you think Luca will do if Delilah keeps trying to stop him?

Do you thin Benjamin and Reginald know what's going on? 

Any suggestions? Drama or fluff related?

Song requests?

Future predictions?

Anything else to say? Hmmm?

☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽

Song Lyrics: Shawn Mendes - Like This

Follow me on IG: iiLoveydoveii

Follow me on WeHeartIt: iiLoveydoveii

Photos from Instagram: @erika_brooke

Tell me what you think and don't forget to vote

Angel

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

294K 8.7K 53
COMPLETED **be aware i wrote this when i was much much younger, if you want to read a better written story then please check out my current book "ch...
5.1M 160K 49
"C- Can you move b- back a little?" My words made him smirk and if it's even possible, he came closer. Why do I always have to stuck between him and...
4.6K 541 30
Sinclair Publishing House was a family business for everyone in the family except Arthur Sinclair's youngest son, Harris. Harris wanted nothing to do...
3.4M 98.1K 79
--------------- "Now answer my question", He speaks, this time with his serious tone. "What ?", I ask him . "Will you go out with me ?" ...