Tears Of Cinderella

By GenieRavago

Kings... Queens... Princes... Princesses... In the modern 21st century, monarchy only exists in various coun... More

Prologue: The Beginning
Chapter 1 - The Sinister Rogue Prince
Chapter 2 - The Royal Ball
Chapter 3 - The Runaway Cinderella
Chapter 4 - The Chevalier
Chapter 5 - Finding Cinderella
Chapter 6 - Finding Cinderella
Chapter 7 - Cinderella's Secret
Chapter 8 - The Bid of the Night
Chapter 9 - The First Date
Chapter 10 - Under the Stars
Chapter 11 - The Infamous Prince Tristan
Chapter 12 - The Flying Cinderella
Chapter 13 - Double Despair
Chapter 14 - Beautiful Trauma
Chapter 15 - Cinderella's Sweet Surrender
Chapter 16 - Contessa de Farmezza
Chapter 17 - The Royal Tragedy
Chapter 18 - The Teasing Game
Chapter 19 - The Royal Wedding
Chapter 20 - Tensions in the Palace
Chapter 21 - Mars Ultor
Chapter 22 - The Big Revelation
Chapter 23 - The Coldness of Asphodel
Chapter 24 - Sadness and Despair
Book 2: Chapter 25 - The Rogue Prince's Guilt
Chapter 26: Another Once Upon a Time...
Chapter 27 - Life goes on
Chapter 28 - The Winter Ball
Chapter 29 - Cinderella's Rebirth
Chapter 30 - The Offer
Chapter 31 - The Aftermath
Chapter 32 - Skeletons in the Closet
Chapter 34 - Tears and Smiles
Chapter 35 - Together at Last
Chapter 36 - Shattered
Chapter 37 - The Aftermath
Chapter 38 - Royal Rumble
Chapter 39 - The Infamous Prince Tristan
Chapter 40 - The Final Trial
Epilogue - The Happy Ever After

Chapter 33 - The Countess

7.6K 253 44
By GenieRavago

Sumaglit si Steffanie sa main office ng kanyang agency sa Camelot. She received a text message coming from her boss. Gusto raw kasi niya itong makausap. Apparently, she will discuss with her a high scale project. Ang sabi nito'y malaki daw ang kikitain niya. So being the workaholic that she was, agad naman siyang naging interesado para ditto.

She walked inside the fully furnished lobby of the ICON Modelling Agency. This had been her second home in the last five years. Malaki ang utang na loob niya sa lugar na ito. This place provided her bread and butter. Ito rin ang nagbigay sa kanya ng opportunity to grow and be the person that she was.

She looked at her wristwatch. It was just 7:30 in the morning. Alas nueve pa ang date nila ni Tristan. She still had a lot of time to spare. Iniwan naman niya sa Kylie sa hotel kasama ang tagapag-alaga nito.

Dire-diretso lamang siya sa opisina ni Miss Kaitleen Peeves, the CEO of ICON. She was actually the one who pursued her five years ago. Nakita siya nito noon na nagbebenta ng pabango sa isang shop sa Frontera. She immediately asked her if she wanted to model. Of course, the old her had hesitations. Pinag-isapan muna niyang mabuti ang mga bagay-bagay bago pumayag dito. She was trained to pose, walk and smize. She had to start from the bottom. Wala naman kasi siyang background sa modelling. The kind of models that she knew where the ones that posed for painters like her, not the ones who posed in front of a camera. Sumugal ito sa kanya. She trusted her more than she trusted herself. Kaya matapos ang halos ilang taon, she was raking money not only for herself but also for this agency who gave her a chance to attain the status that she was in now.

 "Hello Liz," bati niya sa secretary ng boss niya.

 "Good morning, Miss Steff. How can I help you today?"

"Well... I think I have a schedule for Kait today. Please do check, she just called me to say that I should swing by today," she said nicely.

"Ok po, kindly just give me about have a minute to check everything," she started browsing through her PC.

Iginala naman niya ang tingin sa paligid habang naghihintay. Puno ito ng mga larawan niya. Most of it was from her test shots. Kasama niya rin ang iba pang modelo ng ahensya.

"Ma'am, pwede na raw po kayong pumasok," Liz said.

"Thanks, girl," wika niya bago tuluyang pumasok sa loob ng opisina.

Naabutan niyang nagbabasa ng isang tabloid si Kait and to her horror, nakilala niya kung anong tabloid ang binabasa nito. It was the same tabloid that featured her, Michael Angelo, Tristan and Gareth.

Agad naman siyang kinabahan. Ito ba ang dahilan kung bakit siya pinatawag nito. Would she scold her for this scandal?

Kilala niya si Kait. She was her friend, but when it came down to work, she's very strict. As much as possible ayaw nitong nadadawit ang pangalan ng mga modelo nito sa kung ano-anong isakandalo.

"Come seat here, Steff," Kait said. Binitiwan na nito ang hawak na babasahin.

Agad naman siyang umupo sa upuang nasa harap ng mesa nito.

"Let me explain, Kait. It's not what you think." Inunahan na niya ito.

"What are you talking about?"

She just looked at the tabloid in her table.

Agad namang sumonod ng tingin si Kait saka muling kinuha ang dyaryo.

"This?" tanong nito.

She nodded. "I am sorry. I didn't mean to drag the agency to a large scale scandal."

"What do you mean?"

Natameme siya.

"You think I called for this?" her boss asked.

Agad naman siyang tumango.

"Oh c'mon Steff! Nakakaloka ka. I am quite thankful nga at sa wakas lumabas ka na sa kweba mo. Kaunti na lang kasi at mawawala ka na sa kalendaryo. Actually, ako nga ang nag-aalala sa yo. You don't date. You don't go out. Akala ko nga may balak ka ng magmongha."

Nagulat siya sa inaakto nito. Naalala niya noong baguhan pa siya. Kait always scolded her models every time that there were dating rumors about them in the grapevine. 

"Akala ko ayaw mo sa mga scandals?"

"Scandal? Dear, no! This one is what I call exposure. Imagine, a duke and two princes of the kingdom. Mas lalong tataas ang demand at market value mo."

Kait was indeed a shrewd businesswoman. She always grabbed the opportunity for profit every time it presented itself.

"Well, so much for that. True or not. I don't give a damn. Ang mahalaga, you are booking more jobs."

Tama naman ito. Work was still her priority. Maybe she should just look at the bright side as well. At least dumadami nga ang trabaho niya. More job meant more money. More money meant a better future for Kylie.

"May I know this new job that you are talking about?"

"Well... This one is a little bit different than what you've done."

May inabot itong folder sa kanya.

"It's an ad for tourism."

She was curious kung anong klaseng project ito kaya agad niyang binuksan ang folder.

She started reading the context. Napakurap siya sa nabasa. She tried reading once more, just trying to make sure that she read everything right.

"The Viceroy of Asphodel had requested you to be their Ambassador for Tourism."

 Huminga siya ng malalim. Gareth.

Biglang sumagi sa isipan niya ang sinabi ni Gareth noong huli silang magkasama, "I wanted to promote Aphodel's tourism and I need a celebrity for that. I think you'll be fit for our tourism ad."

Seryoso pala ito sa nais nitong gawin. But what for? She didn't believe that he just wanted her to model for Asphodel's tourism ad. There's gotta be something behind this. Did he want to hurt her again? Hindi pa ba ito nakukuntento? Every time they were together, wala na itong ginawa kundi paulit-ulit na lang siyang saktan.

This had to stop. She loved him, yes. But her heart had already reached its limit.

Huminga muna siya ng malalim. If Gareth wanted to toy and play her the more, she wouldn't indulge him any further. Inakala niyang makakaya niyang makipaglaro dito, but she's dead wrong. In the end, siya pa rin ang natatalo, siya pa rin ang umuuwing luhaan.

Ayaw na niya nang ganito.

"Kait, I've been very good to you these past years, right. You know me, I am a workaholic. Hindi ako namimili ng trabaho. But this one is different, I don't want to do this. I do not want make a fool of myself any longer."

She felt a sting in her eye but she just blink it all off. When it came to Gareth, she was too emotional for her own good.

"Why?" may pagtataka sa tono nito.

"Please, don't ask any further. I just don't want to do this."

This was for her own good.

Isang malalim na buntong hininga ang sinagot niya dito.

"Steff. I know you. Alam kong may malalim na dahilan kung bakit ka nagkakaganyan. And I respect that. But, Prince Gareth Pendragon had issued a Royal Decree already," puno nang  pang-unawa siyang tiningan nito sa mata.

Hindi talaga niya maintindihan si Gareth. She knew he was angry at her. For what reasons? That remained a question to her as well.

Ano pa ba ang gusto nitong mangyari? Did he want to cause more misery in her life? Napapikit na lamang siya. She was thinking of everything all at the same time.

This had got stop. She needed to finally settle everything between them.

"Ok, Kait. I'll do this one. Please arrange everything for me."

Kanina pang lumulutang ang isipan ni Steffanie. Hindi pa rin maalis sa kanyang utak ang mga naganap sa opisina ng boss niya. Napakarami namang ibang modelo diyan, bakit siya pa? But that was a stupid question. She knew that Gareth handpicked her.

Isa pang nagpagulat sa kanya ay ang work schedule nito. The project will run for seven days. Iikot sila sa mga tourist spots sa Aphodel to photograph her. And everything will start the next week, wala ng brainstorming, wala ng conceptualization, diretsong photo shoot na agad. Ang photographer na lang daw ang bahalang mag-direct sa kanya.

"Parang ang lalim ng iniisip mo," it was Tristan. Kasalukuyang pinapakain nito ng ice cream si Kylie.

"Don't mind me. Masyadong marami lang talagang tumatakbo sa isipan ko."

They were currently inside Pendragon's most famous amusement park. Gaya ng pinangako nito, he brought Kylie to this place to play and have fun. But the thing was, Tristan's definition of a date was very extravagant. He actually rented the whole place. Tanging sila lamang ang tao sa buong lugar. The whole place was theirs to explore and enjoy. Siyempre tuwang-tuwa ang anak niya. Walang pila sa mga rides. Unlimited cotton candies. Mascots everywhere. It was simply a child's dream.

Noong una'y nag-aalala siya for Tristan and Kylie. Her daughter was not that sociable and she rarely open uu to strangers. But all of her worries flew of the roof as the two instantaneously kicked off pretty good with each other. Tuwang-tuwa ang anak sa charm and wits ni Tristan. She always shared a laugh with him. At palagi ring naghaharutan ang dalawa. He saw how Tristan was a kid at heart. Giliw na giliw ito habang nakikipaglaro sa anak.

Tulad na lamang ngayon, sinusubuan ni Kylie ng Ice Cream si Tristan.

"How's the taste Tristan..." tanong ng anak.

"Hmmmm... it tastes really, really yummy." Kumuha ito ng kaunting ice cream sa daliri sa pinunas sa pisngi ng bata.

"Hey! That's rude!" Kylie said.

"But it's fun little angel. Wanna try?" tanong nito. Iniharap nito ang pisngi sa anak.

She hesitated a little bit.

"C'mon now, do it! I tell you, little angel. It's really fun!"

Doon na kumuha ang bata ng isang dakot na ice cream saka nilamusak sa pisngi nito. She could see the creamy confection as it exploded on his face.

Kylie burst into laughter.

"Kylie!" saway niya.

Agad naman niyang dinaluhan si Tristan. Pinunasan niya ang mukha nito gamit ang sariling panyo.

"Say sorry, Kylie." She said.

He daughter was about to say something but Tristan interrupted her, "Good one Kylie!" sabi nito habang nakipag-high five sa anak.

"You had me there, little angel." Ito sabay kindat sa bata.

Her daughter, like any other woman, just succumbed in Tristan's charm and sense of humor.

She was pretty sure that he will be a good father someday.

"Hey Kylie, what can you say about Tristan?" tanong nito sa bata.

"You're so childish and funny. But I like you because we have the same eyes and you're also very pogi," Kylie said candidly.

"Hear that angel? Kylie thinks I am pogi," sigaw nito sa kanya.

She just gave the both of them a smile.

"But do you miss your father, little angel?" naging seryoso ang tono ni Tristan.

Huli na para pigilan pa niya ito. Kylie had already shifted her mood. Nakatingin lamang ito sa ice cream na kinakain.

She was about to say something but Kylie beat her to it.

"I actually missed him a lot. Hindi ko pa siya nakikita. But I have my uncle daddy, my super grand daddy, and of course, I have Tristan now."

Agad namang ngumiti ang bata dito. Tristan gave her a dazzling smile. It was full of adoration and affection.

"Can I tell you something, Tristan?"

"Sure."

Tumayo ang bata at may binulong dito. Hindi niya marinig ang sinabi nito kay Tristan.

"Ako ang bahala. All right?"

Tumango-tango naman ang anak niya.

Ganoon lang ang ginawa nila sa maghapon. They played. They laughed. They ate.

Binigyan rin ni Tristan ng dambuhalang teddy bear ang anak. He won it over a shooting competition in a booth.

"Just be sure to hide teddy away from Ash ah, baka awayin niya yan." She reminded her daughter.

"Nope, mom. Ash is a good cat. He'll not hurt Titan." She said.

"Titan?" he looked at Tristan.

Nagkibit balikat na lang ito.

"Yup, because Tristan gave it to me. From now on, he will be Titan!" Kylie shouted with glee habang umiikot-ikot ito.

Sila na ni Tristan ang magkasabay na maglakad ngayon. Masyado na kasing nageenjoy sib Kylie sa pakikipaglaro kay Titan.

"Thank you. It had been a while since I saw her this happy," she silently said to Tristan.

"Anything for you, angel." He replied back.

Naupo silang dalawa sa malapit na bench. Si Kylie naman ay nakaupo rin sa kabilang bench, waring nakikipag-usap kay Titan. It looked like her daughter had gained an imaginary friend.

"You did a great job raising her, angel. She's very smart and kind."

"A mother could only do the best she could for her child. I love her very much, she's my treasure," she emotionally said.

"Forgive me, angel, but I just need to ask this of you. What really happened between you and my brother?"

Napalunok siya. Pilit na namang nanunumbalik ang alaala ng nakalipas.

"It's okay, if you don't want to say to me... that's okay. I respect that. But angel, freedom starts from letting go."

Napaisipi siya. Tama nga naman ito. She always said to herself that she had moved on already. Pero alam niyang niloloko lang niya ang sarili. She was still holding on to their memories together. She was still hoping for the both them.

Ito na talaga ang tamang oras para pakawalan ang lahat ng nararamdaman niya. It's time to finally free herself.

"You are right, Tristan. Thank you for reminding me."

Ikinuwento niya ang lahat nang nangyari sa kanila ni Gareth noon. How he fulfilled her dreams. How he showed her the true meaning of love. How he showed him the rose colored world.

Then, there came also the tragedies. She shared her near death experience with Natalya. Their painful break-up during that night. How he paraded his women to her. How he made her feel worthless. How he denied their daughter. How he threw her out of her own home.

Hindi na niya namalayan ang tuloy-tuloy na pagdaloy ng kanyang mga luha. Remembering those times brought only pain in her heart.

Hindi na niya namalayan ang paligid. It was almost sunset nang matapos siyang magkuwento rito. Somehow, she felt light, as if all of the baggage were suddenly lifted off her chest. But still, the sadness was still there.

"I guess that's about it," sisinghot-singhot niyang sabi kay Tristan. Para siyang sira, she was laughing and crying at the same time.

He tightly held her next to him. Ipinaling nito ang mukha niya patungo sa balikat nito.

"Shhh... Just cry on my shoulders, Angel."

And cry she did. All of the pent-up frustrations and sadness she had for the last five years, ibinuhos niyang lahat sa kanyang mga luha.

"After this, angel. Don't ever shed a tear for that asshole. He doesn't deserve you."

Lalo lamang siyang humagulhol dito. Nanikip na ang kanyang dibdib, but she still continued to pour everything out. Her doubts. He worries. All of the what ifs. Lahat iyon ay pinakawalan na niya.

"Don't worry, angel. That brother of mine, I'll give him a good punch in the face," he said while clenching his teeth.

Somehow, Tristan's presence consoled her. She really just need a willing ear, and a shoulder to cry on.

"Thank you." She silently said after she cried her one last tear.

He patted her head.

"Pasasaan pa't naging best friend mo ako," he said.

Oo nga pala. Tristan was now her official guy best friend.

Never in Steffanie's mind did she thought that she'll ever return in the main house of her father in Sutherland. But here she was, dressed in black, joining the people as they lament the loss of their Duchess.

Duchess Camilia Marie Sutherland finally rested-in-peace after suffering from cancer.

Today was the last day of the wake. Kung hindi lamang sa pakiusap ng kanyang kapatid ay hindi siya magpapakita sa libing ng asawa ng ama.

Marami pa ring hatid na hindi kanais-nais na alaala ang bahay na iyon.

She was imprisoned here for days. And it was all because of that woman who rested inside one of the most expensive coffins she had ever seen.

This woman had never been good to her. She hated her very existence. For her, she was nothing but a nuisance in their lives. But despite all of that, all of those things she did, she finally forgave her. It was not easy but she completely let go of everything.

She walked with poise and grace as she traced the steps towards the tabernacle. She could see a lot of people intimidated by her mere presence. She could also hear a lot of whispers.

Agad siyang sinalubong ni Kylie na noo'y nakakalong sa ama.

"Mommy!" she said gleefully.

Nagsilingunan ang mga tao sa kanila. She knew that they were now the subject of their small talks. She was very well aware of the rumour going on in Sutherland for years. Dahil sa pagpabalik-balik ni Kylie sa main house, people thought that her kid was an illegitimate daughter of Michael Angelo. Isa rin ito sa dahilan kung bakit ni isang beses ay hindi na siya bumalik sa tahanan na ito. She didn't want to put more fuel in the fire.

Agad na sinalubong niya ng yakap ang anak. Nauna ito sa kanya ng ilang araw. She first settled everything for her travel in Asphodel before going to Sutherland.

"How are you, Kylie?" she said.

"I'm great mommy. Uncle daddy gave me this dress." Umikot-ikot pa ito to showcase the dress to her.

"You look lovely."

Ngumiti ito nang ubod ng tamis sa kanya.

Maya-maya pa'y sumungaw na ito sa direksyon ng pintuan.

"Tristan!" she shouted.

Agad naman nitong tinakbo si Tristan upang salubungin. Kinarga naman ito ng binata.

Tuwang-tuwa na naman ang kanyang anak na makita ito.

Tristan drove her there. Nagprisinta ito nang sabihin niyang papunta siya sa Sutherland. He wore an aviator sunglasses and a three-piece suit. He still believed that the sunglasses could actually disguise his true identity.

Dumiretso na siya sa labi ng Duchess. She uttered a simple prayer of forgiveness.

She then, went to her father.

"I came to pay respect, Your Grace," she said to his father.

Her father nodded in acknowledgement. Tumayo ang kanyang kuya para bigyan siya ng upuan. Mataktika naman itong lumayo para makapag-usap sila nang masinsinan ng ama.

"I am sorry that I can only come today. My busy sched is preventing me-"

"Shh... Steff. You don't have to explain. Alam kong mahirap para sa iyo na pumunta dito. Alam ko ang mga kasalanang ginawa sa iyo ng asawa ko. Nagbulagbulagan lang ako sa loob ng maraming taon."

Her father held both of her hand.

"Can you forgive her? Can you forgive your worthless of a father?" namasa na ang mga mata nito.

This was the first time that he saw his father like this, so emotional, so vulnerable. Naantig ang kanyang damdamin sa anyo nito.

"That's okay, Your Grace. Matagal ko na pong nagawa iyon, at wala po akong karapatang magreklamo. You provided for my every needs. That for me is enough."

May tumulong isang luha mula sa kanyang mga mata. It's time to also let go this aspect of her life. Simula nang ipinanganak siya, naging batik sa kanyang buhay ang lihim ng kanyang pagkatao. It's definitely the time to fully forget everything in the past.

"Thank you, Steff. Thank you," ang mga mata naman nito ang nagsimulang mamasa.

Their conversation was suddenly put to a stop when she heard the voice of Kylie on her back.

"Super grand daddy! I want you to meet my friend, Tristan." Kaladkad-kaladkad nito ang binata.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, friend of Kylie," magiliw na bati ng ama.

"The pleasure is all mine, Your Grace." He said as he gave a simple but respectful bow.

Muli na namang napatingin sa kawalan ang ama. Marahil ay masakit pa ring dala ang pagkamatay ng asawa. He suddenly stood up.

"Where are you going, Your Grace?" tanong niya.

"I am going to set things right."

"What do you mean?"

Hinawakan nito ang kanyang kamay.

"I should have done this long time ago."

"Anong gagawin niyo?" kinakabahan siya sa ikinikilos ng ama.

"You are my daughter Steffanie, my own flesh and blood," he said loudly. Lahat ng tao sa silid ay nakatingin na sa duke.

"I will now give you your birthright. You are no commoner, Steffanie. You are my daughter, you deserve to be the Countess of Sutherland. That's the nobility title of my daughter," Ito na lamang ang sinabi nito bago tuluyang lumabas ng silid.

She saw the people whispering at each other. Tiningnan niya ang kanyang Kuya. He was there, genuinely smiling at her.

She then looked at Tristan. Gaya niya ay nababahid din ng gulat ang mukha nito.

He immediately went beside her.

"The duke is your father?" he said in amazement.

She nodded in confirmation. Hindi pa rin rumirehistro sa kanya ang mga nagaganap. Nakatulala lamang siya.

Hindi pa rin siya makapaniwala, after twenty eight years, her father finally acknowledged her. Hindi na niya alam ang mararamdaman pa. She as happy, shocked, amazed. She was just completely speechless.

Tinuro nito si Michael Angelo, "and that man is your brother?"

Her silence meant yes.

Umiling-iling ito, "Let me just say this to you again...

"Holy fucking shit!" bulong nito. But apparently, iba ang definition nito ng bulong. His cussed were heard all over the room that people started to stare at him.

He raised his hand, "Sorry, people." But he didn't sound sorry at all.

Natawa na lang siya sa binata. Tristan was really a jester.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 54.2K 34
Broke and unemployed Jade Chimera hits the jackpot when she finds out her dead uncle left his mansion to her. One problem: her uncle's stepson, Kenji...