My Best Friend Is A Vampire A...

By BrittanyLeigh8

This a story about Ashlyn and her bestfriend Chase. Summer is over and now school is back in session and Ashl... More

Chapter 1- First Day Back
Chapter 2- The Truth
Chapter 3- Explanations
Chapter 4- Someone's Not Getting It
Chapter 5- Somebody That I Used To Know
Chapter 6- No Choice
Chapter 7- Learning The Truth
Chapter 8- Bonded
Chapter 9- Revelations
Chapter 10- Crystal
Chapter 11- You've Got Some Explaining To Do
Chapter 12- Solution
Chapter 13- Relationships
Chapter 14- The Wedding
Chapter 15- Awakening
Chapter 16- The honeymoon is over
Chapter 17- Security Breech
Chapter 18- Heritage
Chapter 19- Don
Chapter 20- Surprise
Chapter 21- Getting back to humanity
Chapter 22- More Than Friends
Chapter 23- True Feelings
Chapter 24- Memories
Chapter 25- Taken
Chapter 26- Mover
Chapter 27- Surrogate
Chapter 28- New Feelings and Information
Chapter 29- Dreams and Warnings
Chapter 30- Arrival
Chapter 31- Unfortunate Events
Chapter 33- Almost Gone
Chapter 34- Second Chances
Epilogue

Chapter 32- A Mutual Understanding

86.4K 1.6K 255
By BrittanyLeigh8

(Chapter 32- A Mutual Understanding)

Chase POV

As I passed the floor of Dr. Kay’s office I tried to keep myself from breaking down in tears. I could never live with myself if anything ever happened to Ashlyn. If it weren’t for mine and Don’s fighting then she would have never been mad enough to start that fire. All I wanted was for Don to back off and get out of our lives. In the process of our conflict she was hurt and I don’t know if I could forgive myself for that.

“Any word?” Don asked me when in walked back in the room.

“No and don’t think that this changes anything between us.” I snapped.

“I feel the same, but we almost killed her today.” He replied. “Something’s got to give.”

I knew he was right but I hated to admit it. Something has got to change because it’s obvious that Ashlyn is unable to handle it. I don’t ever want to cause Ashlyn anymore pain so I know I have to do something to stop this.

“What do you suggest?” I asked.

He took in a deep breath and rubbed his unshaved chin before speaking.

“Maybe we could refrain from arguing in front of her. Just keep the peace until we are alone.” He said.

“I guess that would be best. We need to keep our problems to ourselves for now.”  I agreed. “At least until she is better.”

As much as I hated Don for killing my grandfather and Kidnapping my wife I would put that all aside for Ashlyn, that is how much I love her.

I know why she couldn’t hold a grudge against him since they were soul mates, but I still did. It is killing me to come to realize that but it was true. They are soul mates and I don’t know what to do to change that.

 Don has destroyed my life and interfered way to many times in my marriage, I want nothing more than for him to pay but I know now is not the time for that. I refuse to ever let it go though. Justice needs to be served.

“I know we don’t get along very well and you are upset about your grandfather but I was only paying him his due. I felt what I did was justified after he killed Arianna, even if it was an accident.” Don said. “If it were you in my place would you have done it differently?”

“I don’t know if what you have said was the true story but I guess if it were I would be furious to.” I confessed. “I would kill anyone who hurt Ashlyn.”

Don looked pleased with my answer but it wasn’t for his benefit, I was only stating the truth. Don hadn’t even harmed Ashlyn physically and I want to kill him so I know I would do it if she were actually killed.

“All wanted was a chance to be with my mate but that was taken from me and when I found her again I couldn’t let her go.” He said.

His statement brought up an interesting question I had been wondering about. If I was ever going to get my answers now was the time.

“How did you know about her?” I asked hoping for the truth.

Don didn’t look surprised by my answer so he must have been expecting it as he kept the same face he had through our whole conversation. You know if I didn’t hate Don so much he might be- No, no we couldn’t. Not even if he left us alone could I tolerate him.

“The day I broke into the palace to find Augusto I searched everywhere. I guess I must have stumbled upon your room because I found a picture of you and Ashlyn from your wedding hanging on the wall. When I saw her I was elated. I couldn’t believe my eyes. All I could think was I had to see her.” He replied smiling as if in happiness.

“How did you know it was her, She could have just looked like Arianna?” I asked.

“No they are the same. I could feel it the day I met her in the garden.” He stated.” The only reason she couldn’t feel it was because the connection broke when she died but when she allowed herself to feel for me the day I walked her home it returned again.”

The memories of the day that Ashlyn told me about kissing Don came flooding back in and angered me more. That was the day he followed her from my house. I know her must have tricked her. I tried to force myself to keep calm before I done something that would provoke another fight with him. That is not what Ashlyn needed right now.

“Tell me something.” He said. “If it was you in my place and you knew Ashlyn would return to you in another lifetime would you try to get her back even though she found someone else?”

I knew the answer to that without even thinking but I couldn’t tell Don that. He would think what he did was right and on my end it wasn’t. No, to me it was far from right. She was my wife so that made it more right for us to be together than her and Don. After all she is carrying our babies.

Don looked at me knowingly and smiled. “That what I thought. How does that make it any better coming from you?”

“But she is my wife and she is having our children, so let her be happy.”

“You mean let you be happy?” He challenged. “You know she also has our Son River now also.”

“But she is carrying our children right now and weather you chose to see it or not Ashlyn never consented to having River.” I stated. “Just let her be happy because what we are doing now is not letting her be happy.”

“How about we let her chose what she wants when she wakes up?” He said.

“But what if what she wants is me?” I asked. “Will you let her go?”

“No, I couldn’t, would you?”

“No.” I answered truthfully. “So you see that would never work.”

“Alright but let’s just hold off on any fight until she is better. A temporary truce if you will, deal?” Don said offering his hand.

“Fine, it’s a deal.” I said shaking his hand.

I wasn’t happy about taking him up on that offer but as long as he wasn’t planning something against me then I could fully focus on Ashlyn and our children.

The mood changed in the room when someone opened the door and walked into the room with us. I quickly tuned to see who it was when I saw Crystal walking in.

“Didn’t mean to interrupt the bromance, just checking in on Ashlyn.” She said.

“It was more like a truce.” I defended.

“How is she?” Crystal asked ignoring my statement.

“We don’t know. No one has told us anything.” I confessed.

“How is River?”Don asked her.

“He’s at the palace with Josh. He is fine.” She said. “I told him Ashlyn was just resting.”

Don nodded his head sat down in one of the many chairs in the room.

“Thank you for trusting me with him.” She added.

“I figured if Ashlyn could, then for now I could as well.” He said.

Crystal seemed appreciative of his answer. I was still surprised that Don let River stay with her. He must really love Ashlyn if he is willing to let that happen. That thought sickened me but it was true.

We all took a seat while we waited for Dr. Kay. I was worried that it was taking so long and desperately wanted to hear some good news. I don’t know what I would do if something happened to one of the babies or Ashlyn. If she survived and one of the babies didn’t then she would beat herself up over it forever. I know her well enough to know that’s true. Ashlyn isn’t one to let things go to easily. He desperately holds on to things for long periods of time.

I feeling in my gut told me something was wrong and I could help but feel scared. If Dr. Kay didn’t come out soon then I would easily bust down that door and find her myself. It was taking all my willpower to stay away from her and let the doctor do her job but, I don’t know how much longer I can do it for. I need her now.

*****

Ashlyn POV

I tried opening my eyes but the bright lights were hurting them. I placed a hand in front of my face to block some of it out before trying again.

Once I managed to get then open I saw that I was looking up at a very beautiful woman staring down at me smiling. She looked just like an angel. She had long blonde hair at fell to her waist and a solid white dress that went to the floor. She was wearing no make-up but still looked amazing.

“Who are you?” I asked sitting up.

“I am Gwendolyn, the keeper of the living.” she said.

“The living?”

“Yes and as long as you are alive I watch over you.”

“What do you mean as long as, I am alive aren’t I?” I felt worried by her words.

“Only if you want to be.” She stated.

“Of course I want to be?” I said. “Why wouldn’t I?”

“You haven’t heard what I have to tell yet.” She said.

“What is it?”

What could be so bad I wouldn’t want to go back? That is where Chase and River are and my friends and family As well. Even Don is there and that meant something to me even if I refused to see it.

 “You will face troubles once you return back to the life you knew.”

“What kind of troubles?” I asked.

I couldn’t be that bad right? Everyone has troubles in their life at some point so what could be so bad? All wanted was to go home. I don’t know if she could even change my mind about that.

“You will lose of your children if you return. They may be born fine but remember this, history will repeat its self in the end.”

“How? What history?”

“When your children become of age they will all three meet their soul mates and be very much in love.” She said.

“What exactly is wrong with that?” I asked failing to see where she was going with this.

“Two brothers will turn to enemies and fight to the death for a shared soul mate just like before. One will survive and one will perish and you will have to watch it all take place. Are you prepared for that?”

“What?” I gasped. “That can’t be.”

“I am never wrong.  All you have to do is say the words.  If you choose to stay, two of your children will be here with you for eternity, safe from harm. You will never endure pain or suffering or heartbreak ever again. The other choice is to return to both your soul mates and live your life knowing what will happen.”

My heart was breaking at her words. How could I choose when she put it like that? If I stayed that would be like me taking away their chance at life and that seems unfair but then again they would be safe. On the other hand I could still be with Chase and maybe prevent the fight from happeneing. What to do, what to do?

“Make your choice soon for we do not have much time.” She urged.

I know what I should and I know what I want to do but what if they were not the same thing? How do I argue with myself on what I already know? Only I can make this choice and I know what it is. I have to do it.

“Ok I have made my choice.” I said confidently.

“What will it be?”

“I choose to…“

******

Chase’s POV

I sat silently next to Crystal and Don with my head in my hands. I all I have done is worry since I’ve been here. If anything happened to Ashlyn then I wouldn’t think twice about putting an end to myself to. I have no reason to live without her here.

She is the reason I live. She was the reason I chose to wake and go to school every day. She was the reason I didn’t leave every summer to go do something without her. She is the reason I’m not scared about being a dad. Everything is for her and without that there is nothing.

 All I want is her and our babies to be alright. I will never take another moment for granted ever again. If I could go back and change that fight that caused all this then I would. Ashlyn didn’t deserve this. It’s because of us she is in this condition.

As soon as the doctors door opened revealing Dr. Kay we all three shot to our feet. I tried to read the expression on her face to tell what she was going to say but it was unreadable but I don’t know if that was a good or bad thing.

“How is she?” We asked.

“You all may want to sit down.” She said.

It was then that m heart sank into the pit of my stomach and I wanted to die. What else does “You may want to sit down” mean? I instantly feared for the worst.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

PLEASE DON’T HATE ME FOR THAT! I know it’s a cliffhanger again and you all want to kill me for it but STAY CALM! You will find out what happens in the next chapter which will be last one then the Epilogue which will reveal what became of everyone. Then within a couple of weeks I will be starting the sequel.

So who will be the first to comment? Is anyone worried about Ashlyn? What do you think she chose to do? Will she return or stay? How long do you think the truce with last between Don and Chase?

I know only a small amount of my readers comment but I really want to hear what you thought about this chapter. Please comment!!!! Can’t wait to hear what you think!

COMMENT         VOTE            FAN

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 126 20
Meet Bryce, hes the typical player at school. He doesn't take no for an answer. He doesn't care about what he does or what might happen after he does...
2.3K 11 24
Just read...
404K 10.1K 43
"Chase is really hot. Mum, he's honestly beautiful, but we despise each other" _ Everyone seems to know who I am but I don't think thats a good thin...
122K 1.9K 29
Ashlyn and Cameron have been best friends since they were just kids! Now they are seniors in high school. They are starting to feel like they want to...