Silver Lining (Completed)

By JoeArshi

General Fiction They were poles apart. He is a football player who have anger management issues while she is... More

Author Note *New*
Prologue
Songs & First Scene - Prologue
Chapter 01
Character Sketch
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61A
Chapter 61B
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Last Chapter
Bonus Chapter
Thank You Note
Favourite

Chapter 02

6.8K 407 223
By JoeArshi

Comment and vote guys

No proofreading. Lots of errors waiting for you.

From that day, Arnav used to tease Khushi by asking her to smile whenever he want. He stretch his thumb and index finger near to his mouth, signalling her to smile. This made her annoyed and she gave him sarcastic smiles in return.

Without Khushi's knowledge Arnav used followed her to home, making sure that she is safe and sound. Sometimes he drop her home. At that time, he didn't either talk nor ask anything to her. Khushi don't understand why he took intiative to drop her home when she would be late. She tries to ask why he drops her home, but as always he stood tight lipped. When he is with his friends, she felt like a ghost. He never acknowledge her presence, but she always sensed someone watching her.

One day at lunch, Khushi is about to have her food when two mean girls from her class dropped her lunch box intentionally. She is not in a mood to fight and decided to go to the library instead. She came back to the class and found no one there. She sat on her desk and started to write something.

She is keenly writing something when a packet is placed infront of her. She raised her eyes and saw Arnav standing in front of her in a football jersey.

"Have this and come to the ground." Arnav ordered.

"Hmm thanks...but I don't want this... You should go and play your match." Saying this she resumed writing.

"Have it now orelse I will start feeding you." He warned her which he ignored.

Arnav took away the books and pen from her.
"You know that I do what I say, so here you go I will feed you now."

Khushi looked at him for a moment and took the packet.

"Ok, I will have it. Your match will start now. So you should go now." She replied.

"Open the packet and eat. I will go after that." He told her.

Khushi opened the packet and started to have the food..

"If you want your mobile and purse....come and see the match." Saying this he walked outside. Khushi checked her bag and didn't find her purse and mobile.

"Bloody thief...that laadgovernor."
Khushi then looked at the food infront of her. she is infact feeling hungry when he brought the packet of food. A little part of heart jumped in joy knowing that he brought food for her.

'How did he know that I didn't have my lunch?' Khushi thought while having the food.

Arnav walked outside of her classroom with a smiling face. He liked teasing her like this. He had seen two girls dropping her lunch box and then found her in library. He understood that she didn't had lunch and brought food for her before his match get started. He don't want her to sit alone in the class. He had to take away her purse and mobile so that she will come to the ground.

Khushi moved to the play ground and sat on an area. She saw him playing in the ground, running after the ball. After a few minutes, she found his gaze on her and gave him an angry glance. Arnav looked down at his feet and smiled remembering her annoyed face.

Arnav knocked 2 goals and their college won the intercollegiate Football Match's preliminary round. As usual at the end of the match, Arnav got into fight with some members in the opposite team.
Somehow his teammates managed to pull away an angry Arnav from harming them badly. Khushi saw him walking away from there.

She tried to follow him but she couldn't match up to his speed. She have an idea where he would be and she walked towards there. She reached the football club which is empty. She can hear the sound of chairs and table stumbling. She looked throught the window and saw him pacing there angrily. Arnav watched two eyes looking at him.

"What do you want?" He shouted at her making her take a step back.

"Woh my phone....and purse..." She said in a low voice.

"Go to the back gate....there will be a stationary store near to that....wait there." Saying this he walked away while
She tried to call him back. Khushi understood that he is not going to stop and reached the spot he mentioned.

After a few minutes, he came there and signalled her to get in the bike. Khushi wanted to turn down his offer, but couldn't seeing his already annoyed face.
He gave her mobile and purse when she sat behind her. She checked her mobile and luckily her parents didn't call her. As they travelled he increased his speed and he felt her grip hm on his shoulder getting tighter and tighter. He noticed her scared face and slow down the pace.
He took a deviation from her usual route.

"This is not the way to my home. Where are you taking me? You can't take me to wherever you want like this..." Khushi told him.

"You will reach home safe, without any scratches. Trust me with that." He promised her and she trusted that.

They reached in a busy market...

"Why are we here?" She looked around and saw lot of small shops. She don't expect him to take her to a place like this

"Come with me."

"First tell me why are we here?" She asked him again.

"Come with me or I will lift you and take you with me."

"What??? Why are you like this?" She asked being anger.

"I'm like this... Now come with me."
Khushi muttered laadgovernor and took her crutch. She felt him taking her other hand in his hand, lead her to a small tea stall. Khushi got surprised when he greeted the owner and sat on the chair.

'He is from a rich family... it's soo unlike to the rich kids to be here.' she thought.

She observed him and understood that he is familiar with the tea stall. The owner knows him, even the waiter knows him and asked him if it's his usual order or not. The waiter looked at her to take her order.

"Same one for me and bring your special for didi." Arnav told the boy and he went to bring their order.

"Hmm...do you come here often?" She asked him.

"Yes..."

That's when she noticed some bruises on his hand.

"You have bruises."

"It will go away soon."

"You should get it treated as soon as possible." She told him and saw him just nodding his head. Khushi looked around and peeked at him.

He saw her doing that and raised his one eyebrow at her.

"Hmm... That guy you fought today...he told that he is going to take revenge." She said hesitantly.

"It seems to be." He told her.

"What will you do if he take revenge on you?"

"I know how to handle it." The waiter placed their order infront of them. Khushi looked at her drink as he started to sip his tea.

"What is it?" She asked seeing the drink which is garnished with almonds.

"It's a South Indian drink know as jigarthanda. Try it." Saying this he resumed to have his tea. He watched as she sip a little bit of jigarthanda and smiled.

"It tastes good." Saying this she started to drink it.

After a few seconds, Khushi break the silence between them.

"Do you come here with your friends? With Shyam, Akash and Kunal?

"No."

"Why dont...." She couldn't complete her sentence as he interrupted her.

"Your drink is getting melted...so have it..." Khushi understood that he is not going to answer that. She started to have her drink and took glance at him in between. She really wanted to ask him something and decided to ask him.

"Arnav...You are rich...people like you won't have food from her..." Khushi started and soon realised what blunter she made. She tried to make him understand.

"I mean you know...that's how they show in films and all ...rich guy won't let the heroine to have anything...not even a golgappa from small place like this.
They act like hygiene freaks... They even make golgappa with that mineral water for the heroine... " Khushi first saw a serious expression in his face which later turned into a smile and then to laughter.

Khushi kept looking at him as he laughed sitting in front of her. He somehow controlled his laughter and tried to put a stern face.

"When you laugh you don't look like a laadgovernor at all." Khushi said taking the last sip from her drink. Her eyes bulged out as soon as she realising what she said to him.

She choked looking at him. Arnav poured water in a glass and made her drink it.

"We should leave now...." Arnav said as soon as she got fine. Khushi tagged along with him and started talking.

"I'm sorry for calling you laadgovernor... I shouldn't have called you that on your face... You were acting like a laadgovernor to me that day. That's why I gave that name laadgovernor... Most of the time you really act like a laadgovernor... I mean I will try not to call you laadgovernor...I..." She pleaded at him.

"Shut up Khushi." He said in an irritating tone.

"Here comes the laadgovernor." Khushi muttered to herself

On their way, Khushi came across a bangle seller and stopped for a moment. She resumed walking and bump into Arnav.

"Where were you damn it? I almost lost you in the crowd." He raised his voice as he was in panic mode when she didn't find her besides him.

"Look, I'm not a child...I know the way...and I was looking at this bangles...can we go now?" She explained flaring her nose at him. They continued walking, this time Arnav held her hand.
He dropped her home and as usual he left without letting her say anything.

Next day, Khushi didn't find him in college. She went back to her home at evening and found a box in her bag.
She don't remember placing anything like this. She opened it and found the exact set of bangle she liked from that seller. She analysis everything and reached a conclusion. There is only way this bangles being placed inside her bag and that's Arnav.

'Why did he buy this for me? When did he buy it? It's the same set of bangle I showed him? Did he really buy it or is it someone else??' thoughts clouded in her mind.

Next day Khushi worn a full sleeve dress hiding the bangles. She saw Arnav and his gang hanging out near her class.
She securely hide the bangles in her long sleeves. She didn't saw him trying to take glimpse of her bangle and felt a little disappointment. Throughout the day, she didn't find him anywhere near her. Khushi reached the bus stand and waited for her bus.

'He didn't even glance at me when he was standing in front of my class? I didn't even see him around. Seems like I misunderstood everything. May be someone else placed it in my bag or someone misplaced it in my bag. Probably the second one seems to be happened. I think I should try to find the real owner of the bangles.' She thought and sat on the window seat.

After a few minutes, she saw him riding on his bike closer to her bus. They were waiting in the signal. Arnav can see Khushi through the rear-viewer and she can also see his face through his rear-viewer. When the bus is about to move Khushi showed her bangle cladded hand. She saw a small smile on his lips before he put the helmet on his head.

From that smile itself she understood that he brought the bangles for her.

Few hours earlier,
Arnav went near to her class with his gang. He tried to take a glimpse on her hand to see if she have worn the bangles or not. He got disappointed seeing the long sleeved dress. He tried to take a look at her hand without her notice. Throughout the day, he observed her without going in front of her.

'Why the hell did I brought the bangle set and suffering it's after effects now. Why the hell she worn this long sleeved dress today?' He thought feeling frustrated.

At evening Arnav saw her entering the bus and followed her. She is sitting near the window side. He stopped when the red signal got lit. He watched her from the rear-viewer after removing his helmet.

She saw her raising her hand and pulling the sleeves down. Her arms adorned with the bangles he brought for her. That sight brought a smile on his face and he bestowed with the sight of her lips curved into a smile.

******

Few days after, Arnav searched for Khushi and didn't find her in college....
He got worried not seeing her and remembered something. He went to her home which was locked. He felt an urge to see her. He know where she went and reached there.

He saw people standing inside the synagogue and praying. He entered the synagogue and stood at a corner roaming his eyes over the people gathered there. This is his first time in a synagogue and looked around. He saw a crutch and near to that a girl whose head is covered with a shawl .

Khushi completed her prayer and felt like someone is watching her. She turned her head back and saw him there. She turned towards other side with bulged out eyes.

Arnav saw people moving out of the synagogue in walking backward, with their face still facing the synagogue. He saw her coming out with her sister. Her father and mother was discussing something with some people. She looked around, searching for Arnav.

"Di, who are you looking for?" Her sister Kasi asked her.

"Nobody...nothing...hmm, can you bring some water for me Kasi?" Khushi asked and her sister went to bring some water for her.

Arnav came and stood beside her.
"Shanah Tovah Umetukah (A good and sweet year)" Arnav said making her mouth O shaped.

'Did he just wished her in Hebrew!!!'
Khushi closed her eyes and thought.

"Bevakasha...Shanah Tovah umetukah (Thanks...a good and sweet year)" she greeted him back. Arnav left after giving a glance at a shocked Khushi.

"Di, where are you lost??? Have this water." Kasi said giving the water to her.
She drank the water in a jiffy.

'Why did he come here? He wished me!!!! That to in Hebrew!!! Why will he come here today???' Khushi is lost in her thoughts which was interrupted by her sister. Khushi and her family went back home later.

******

Next day in college.
Khushi decided to talk to him and walked towards him who is sitting with his gang.

"Arnav...I want to talk to you..." She said standing in front of them. Arnav nodded his head looking at her while he took a puff from his cigarette.

"It's ASR or sir...don't you know the golden rules of a junior?" Shyam asked her.

"Hmm...ar...I mean ASR I want to talk to you alone."

"What is that you want to talk to him? That too alone???" This time Akash asked her.

"That is meant to be talked alone... So if you excuse us..." Khushi told Akash crisply.

"How dare you talk to us like that?" Shyam shouted. Khushi muttered something under her breathe feeling irritated by the other boys.

"We can talk here..." Arnav told her.

"But...." Khushi couldn't finish her sentence as he started talking.

"You two, go to the club and arrange everything...I will be there in a minute."
Arnav told to Akash and Shyam.

"ASR...should we go now itself?" Shyam asked him.

"Yup....now itself." Arnav ordered and they went from there.

"So what you want to talk?"

"Why did you come to synagogue and wished me?" Arnav kept sitting on the lower tree branch as she asked the question.

"As far as I know, anybody can enter a synagogue. I felt that I should visit it and came there that day. Then I saw you and greeted you." He said taking holding the cigarette in between his two fingers without smoking it for the time being.

"How do you know Hebrew?"

"What is your problem Khushi?"

"I was wondering why you came there?"

"You got your answer...and I'm in a hurry... Now go to your class and study well." Saying this Arnav went from there with a serious face while smoking.

"Arnav..." Khushi called him from behind and he turned back.

"Smoking is not good for health." She said hesitantly.

"Well I like bad things." He smirked at her and walked away.

"Laadgovernor, he thinks that he is the king of attitude." Khushi muttered and walked towards her class. Arnav watched her going back through the rearviewer of a bike and smiled.

On her way, Lavanya and Sheetal who is in Arnav's class stopped her.

"What were you talking with ASR?" Sheetal asked Khushi.

"Nothing serious..." She said without showing any interest to talk to them.

"Are you trying to trap him?" Lavanya questioned.

"Is he some rat to get trapped???" Khushi countered back

"Don't try to be oversmart you half leg."

"So you agree that I'm smart?" A smirk formed in her face as she asked this.

"Look, ASR never gave heed to any girl... Not even me who will be perfect for him in everything and you don't even have a close chance for being his woman. Said Lavanya tucking her hair behind her ears.

"Even I'm perfect for him. He just have to say a yes...I'm ready to give him my everything to him..." Sheetal commented.

"Why don't you then approach him?" Khushi asked

"Let me have his eyes on me first, then I will make him mine." Sheetal commented

"Soon ASR will surely notice the super model Lavanya." An over confident Lavanya and Sheetal said to Khushi.

"Anyway...you just stay away from him." They warned Khushi and went away from there.

"Crazy girls." She rolled her eyes and walked towards her class.

******

Next day, Khushi was passing near a class room, when she hear Arnav talking to someone about today being his mother's death anniversary. Before she can talk to him, he went out getting another call. That day Khushi tried to talk to Arnav.

Evening she waited for Arnav in their usual spot. Arnav came there and stopped his bike in front of her. She sat behind him and placed her hand on his shoulder.

"I want to talk to you...can you take me somewhere calm and quiet?" She asked him and he nodded his head.

They reached near a narrow path which lead to a hill area. Khushi walked forward to watch the view while he stood there admired her.

"This is beautiful ar...I.mean ASR."

"Did I tell you to call me ASR?"

"No...but that day...your friends told me to..."

"They told you and you chose to obey them." He casually said to her and stood next to her.

They stood there for a moment in silence

"Hmmm....I know that today is your mother's death anniversary...." Arnav looked at her with a shocked expression as she uttered that.

"I happen to overhear you talking with someone...hmm...I know how you feel...I can understand yo....." She couldn't finish the sentence as he shouted at her.

"Stop...stop this now..."

"Arnav... It is not good to keep..." Khushi tried to talk to him.

"I SAID STOP IT DAMN IT." He roared at her and grabbed her arms making her lose the hold on her crutch.

"Do you know how it feels to see your loved one wrapped in a white sheet?
Do you know how it feels when you understand that they wont be there for us? Do you know how it feels to grasp the truth that they left us forever? No you won't understand a thing..." Arnav lashed at her

Tears flows from her eyes hearing his angry words along with the tight grip he have on her arms.

"Don't you dare say that you can understand that...don't lie that you know the feeling...I thought you are different but your all are the same...liers" Arnav pushed her in anger, fortunately she caught hold of a tree near her.

He turned around and started to count numbers backward to cool down his anger.

She struggled to get up and her hands got bruised from the fall.

Arnav turned back and saw her struggling to get her crutch. He gave her crutch, which she took from his hands. He forwarded his hand to help her.

"No, I don't need your help. I'm not that weak not to get up from the fall. I'm quite used to it." Saying this Khushi get up herself.

"I'm going home." Khushi said taking her bag.

"I will drop you home." He said to her.

"No thanks ASR, I know how to manage it." Saying this she started to walk. He came and stood in front of you.

"Let me just drop you home..." He continued after a pause.
"please." Khushi nodded her head and walked towards his bike.

They reached her home, Arnav saw the bruises on her hand.

"Khushi..." He called her looking at the bruises.

"I can manage it... Thanks for everything." She said with moist eyes, trying to put a brave face in front of him.

Without paying attention to him she walked towards her home with a heavy heart.

Arnav stood there walking towards her home with an aching heart. He don't know why he felt the pain when he saw her most eyes. He loathed himself for saying such harsh words at her.

"F**k you d**khead. You don't deserve anything good in your life.' Arnav mentally scold himself and drove away.

******

Precap
He kissed her and hugged her

*****

"You want me to f**k you? I know that you will open your legs for anyone and I think it's my chance now...." A very straight forward Arnav ask rudely while she stood there bewildered. She didn't expect him to talk like that. She felt humiliated and looked around the people around them.

******
Comment and vote

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

155K 3.7K 19
#5 in asr 03/01/2019 Cover credit @MeghaMiglani its a arshi story.which doesnt match to the real series of IPKKND.All the characters will be the sa...
51.9K 2K 9
WON THE 2ND POSITION IN CRITICS CHOICE AWARDS 2021 ... CATEGORY : FANFICTION (HINDI/HINGLISH ONLY) Standalone,highest rank: #4 in acceptance , #23 i...
172K 9.3K 30
Nafrat paas ane na de Mahobat door jane na de( hatred keeps them apart but love keeps them closer) What will happen when love overcomes Hatred. Read...
89.9K 6.6K 47
Life is not to be taken too seriously. Live your life by looking ahead to the future, embracing the present, and appreciating the past. Arnav Singh...