Love You Despite |Complete ✅|

By MrsCoraF

****My brothers' best friend.**** Raina Jackson's been through and overcame so much. Despite all the tr... More

A Word/ Appreciation
0•Prologue
1•VIP
2•VIP II
3•Tesla
4•Small Card
5•Small Card II
6•Pool Party
7•Morning Run
8•I'm Not Quitting
9•I'm Not Quitting II
10•Yo' Bored Ass
12•That Kiss
13•That Kiss II
14•They Win
15•They Win II
16•They Win III
17•Let Me Talk To You
18•Baking Cakes
19•Deep Rooted Issues
20•Punkin
21•Masturbation
22•Bathing Suit
23•Pop Ups
24•Pop Ups II
25•End It
26•End It II
27•Dr. Mills
28•Nairobi
29•Nairobi II
30•Mr. Xan
31•Engagement Party
32•Howard
33•Mac n Cheese
34•Hey Rai
35•Hey Rai II
36•Gotta' Go Home
37•Back Home
38•Back Home II
39•Back Home III
40•Chicken Souvlaki
41•DNA
42•Seven O' Clock
43•No Champagne
44•DermaBlend
45•Arian Marie Adams
46•Bachelorette
47•Bachelor
48•Mr. & Mrs. Jackson
49•Epilogue Part 1 of 2
The Character Q&A
50•Epilogue Part 2 of 2
Lastly!

11•FaceTime

7.1K 480 285
By MrsCoraF

I finally arrived home and I was starving. I sat my food in the microwave so I could take a quick shower. I got out and got myself together. I quickly threw on a pair of sweatpants. Something to lounge around in since I was in for the night.

I texted Rai asking her to FaceTime me when she had a chance. That became our routine.

I went into the kitchen and transferred my food to a plate to warm it up. Being in the office all day with no food had my stomach caving in. My phone buzzed. It was Rai. I quickly answered.

"Helllllooooooo!" She sang out, swinging her ponytail side to side.

"Hey baby." I chuckled as I watched dance on my screen. "What are you doing?" She asked.

"I'm about to bust down this crawfish étouffée. I got it from the new spot that just opened downtown. You know the one with the owners from New Orleans." I grabbed my plate from the microwave and placed it in front of me. "See?"

"Mmm, that look so good. I can smell it through the phone." She moaned. "You want some? Open up, say ahhh." I motioned my hand with my fork filled with crawfish.

She laughed shaking her head. "That's ok baby I'm good. That's all you."

"You sure, it's really good. You want me to bring you and Mike some?" I asked making sure.

"No he's out right now getting food. He was craving Japanese." She said. "Is that what you want?" I asked to really make sure she was good with eating what he wanted.

"Yes I already gave him my order. You're always worried about me." She stared at me smiling. "Always, love. What's going on with you? How was your day? You're looking all good and everything."

She gave that beautiful winking smile she always did when she smiled extra hard. Which made her dimples curve on both sides. "I'm finalizing everything for graduation. I received an email about housing. So I should be finding out about my roommate soon. I can't wait. I hope she's at least ok to be around. I wish Sienna could come with me. I guess I need to put myself out there a little. We can't be like you and Mike and follow each other from high school to college." I smiled still eating while listening.

"I still need to get a dress for graduation. I already have shoes. And I know that's backward. I couldn't resist those nude and silver strapped heels I showed you. I just have to find a pretty white dress to go with them." I nodded. I could listen to her for hours and would be content.

"Then the play. I'm so nervous and I don't know why. I've done so many of them. I think it's because it's my last one with my class and I'm going to miss them. I have my valedictorian speech. I'm nervous about." She kept on rambling.

"Hey, calm down. Everything'll workout. You got this, you've earned it. The play you've earned. You're starring in it, directing, and have a solo. You're amazing, Rai. You've earned that valedictorian speech. So now this is the easy part. You're closing this chapter of your life and about to enter a new one. Also don't pile everything together in your mind like that. Just focus on what's next. Which is this play. Your speech is already done. Now you're just worrying." I suggested, trying to ease her mind a little bit.

"You're right. I need to chill out. I've been looking at it totally wrong. I'll keep my mind on what's next and that's it." She slowly exhaled. I took a moment to stare at my screen just gazing at her. I remember our first few conversations. She'd barely say anything to me. She was so shy. She wouldn't even look me in my eyes much. Now she's rambling and saying everything on her mind. She had opened up so much to me. We've grown close. Even if it was only FaceTime and phone conversations. She had me wide open, completely in love with her.

I feel like the time spent with her also helped prove to her a lot of things about me. To show her that I could be trusted and wouldn't disrespect her in any way. It also lets us know that it is ok to go slow. There was no stress about what to do next. My goal was to get her to a point where she could fully open up to me.

I'm proving some things to myself too. I get to focus on figuring out what's next for me. I know we need to discuss future plans but I didn't want to add any more stress. This was a big step in her life. I just wanted to support her.

"Why are you staring at me like that? You always get like this." Her cheeks were flushed. "I don't know. I like looking at you. No matter how exhausting work can be sometimes, knowing I get to talk to you at the end of the day makes it so much easier."

The corners of her mouth slowly lifted creating the most angelic smile ever. "That was sweet. I love you so much baby."

"I love you more sweetheart." I smiled, thinking about the day I told her I loved her for the first time.

It was three weeks ago on a Sunday. We were at my parent's house. She was helping mama with dinner: her, Sienna, Leah, and Rita. The rest of us guys were outback playing a little football. They decided to join us, since dinner was done. We were on defense so the girls had the ball. My mom threw the ball in Raina's direction and she caught it. I chased and caught up to her. Then playfully tackled her to the ground and there it was. I said, 'damn I love you so much.' I meant it and it had been on my mind but it kind of just slipped out at that day. I was caught up in the moment not realizing I needed to get up before someone suspected us. She was about to say something back, but I hopped up quickly. I grabbed the ball and took off. She later told me she loved me too. It was after dinner when everyone was about to leave.

"Speaking of work, your assistant been giving you a hard time lately?" Raina brought up.

"She was in my office when you were texting me. She tried to get me to notice her." I stated looking unimpressed. "I should make her go through the harassment training again. I'm trying not to be rude, to keep the peace in the work environment. Since we work so close.

She also tried to bum a ride home. I shut that down and got her a car service." I added chuckling a little, but Rai didn't find it funny. She stared at me with her eyebrows raised with a forced smile. "What?"

"Nothing— did you tell her you weren't available?" Rai was checking me. But she need to not worry. I would never cheat on her or allow anyone to slither their way in. "She knows I'm seeing someone. Felt like I kind of made it clear today. —I don't go around telling my business, because I'm not trying to get word back to anyone."

"Alright, well I think that's Mike coming in now. I'll talk to you later tonight, ok?" She spoke softly. "Ok, talk to you later Munch." I chuckled, knowing she hated the name. She scrunched up her face groaning.

"You and that name, —and go put a shirt on." She shook her head. "Bye. I love you, silly."

"I'm home relaxing. Ain't no shirt bih'." I rubbed my hand down my chest smiling at her. "I love you too."

"Bye you fool." She laughed before pressing end. The door bell rung. I was expecting packages. I went to open the door and it was indeed them. Right on time.

"Hello sir. I have a few packages I need you to sign for. You can sign right here." He pointed.

"Thank you. I appreciate it. Busy day today?" I asked, making sure he was straight. "Yes very. This is my last stop of the day." He wiped his forehead.

"Aye that's good news. Be safe." I said to him as he handed my last package. "Appreciate it, man." He nodded before walking down the steps.

I placed the packages on the floor at the front door, to sort through later. I had stuff delivered for Raina. A little something to show her how proud I am of her. She's been working hard, even inspired me to really think about my next move for my own life.

I'm not sure what she'll think about a long-distance relationship when she goes away to college. She chose Howard. That was her dream school. I'm in too deep with her now to not try and continue. However, I did want her to make that decision because college is college, and she needed to live a little.

I've been blowing off the guys lately, working, hanging out at home, and talking to Raina. I needed to get out of this bubble, though.

Raina avoids the subject of telling her brother altogether, but I think I'll have a conversation with him after graduation. Like immediately after.

Phone dings, indicating a text message. I sat down and opened the message.

7:45 pm
Mike: You busy?

7:45 pm
Me: Nah I'm not. Whatchu' got?

7:47 pm
Mike: Shit. But, I need a favor.

7:48 pm
Me: What?

7:49 pm
Mike: Leah has this friend. She's single. She look good.

7:53 pm
Me: No

7:55 pm
Mike: Come on, man. She met her a few months ago, and they hit it off. You said you want to settle down. I'm looking out.

8:00 pm
Me: You ain't doing me no favors by doing this. I'm good.

8:00 pm
Mike: Come on, man. You owe me. It'll be a win for you. I promise. She has her head on straight. I think you would like her.

8:02 pm
Me: Mike that was college. We've grown past that.

I swear he doesn't forget shit. I groaned. How he gone bring up the fact that in college I pushed a girl onto him because I wasn't feeling her? She wanted to be with me. I was just trying to fuck. So I introduced her to Mike. He had a hard time getting away from her after he was done. That was around the time he was trying to connect with Leah again. After their five-month feud.

8:05 pm
Mike: Man just come to the house. I already told her you would say yes

I didn't even respond back to him, he was on some bullshit. How he just gon' assume I'm cool with this?

"Fuck outta here with all that." I mumbled to myself locking my phone. A few moments later my phone rung. "Man what?" I answered irritated.

"You've been real flaky lately. What's going on?" Mike asked. I exhaled. "Nothing. I'm coolin'."

"Nah all of us said the same thing about you. You've been quiet lately and I barely see or hear from you." He exposed. I felt like I was being confronted. "I told you it's nothing, just been working."

"You're home now, so getcha ass over here." He replied in a tone, like he was stating the obvious. "You ain't doing anything right now. What's wrong with hanging out. Getting to know someone over drinks?"

I took a deep breath trying to calm the inner anger. "How you just gon' insert me into some bullshit Mike?" I raised my voice.

"A3, just do this for me man. I don't ask for anything. I already told Leah you would. It made sense to me because I really think you might hit it off with her. I'm not on no BS. " He begged.

"You can easily call 'em back and explain." I spoke in the same pleading tone.

"Look, you know Leah and I don't get much time. Between work and our parenting duties. She already has this in motion, come on man. Just one night." He doubled down.

"How long you knew about this?" I asked curiously. "I mean, it slipped my mind, but I'm telling you now, and you won't regret it. She started working in the dance studio with Leah." He answered.

"Let me call you back. I need to check something first." I couldn't do anything but close my eyes. I knew this wouldn't fly wit Rai. But Mike wasn't easing up. He really wanted me to come through for him. It was right what he said. He doesn't ever ask for anything. It didn't come easy to turn him down. I'm pretty sure he hyped Leah up about this too. He probably thought her friend was the perfect match for me. And now they're all excited to play matchmaker.

"Aight." He said before ending the call. I texted Raina immediately.

8:21 pm
Me: Babe? Your brother and Leah's trying to set me up with some girl Leah's cool with.

8:22 pm
Beautiful One: ugh.

8:22 pm
Me: What do you want me to do? I can't keep bailing on him. He never ask me for anything and the one chance he does. I say no?

8:24 pm
Beautiful One: Do what you have to do, then. When is it?

8:24 pm
Me: Tonight. He want me to meet him over there.

8:27 pm
Beautiful One: Oh.

She was pissed

8:27 pm
Me: Should I go through with this or should we come clean tonight? And really tell him why I'm not interested. I'm not trying to hurt you, Rai. So let's make a decision. I go through with this, or we tell Mike about us.

8:27 pm
Beautiful One: I want to tell Mikey on our terms. Not because he asked you to do a blind date. I have a lot going on right now. I don't want to deal with him being mad at me too. So there's my decision.

I didn't bother texting back. I knew she was uncomfortable. It had been just been the two of us for a while. Both of us had gotten used to our little bubble we created. I went ahead and called Mike. "I'm on my way. Let me throw something on real quick."

"Thanks man. I appreciate you going out your way to do this. I hope I'm right about this and y'all hit it off. She's on the way over here too, probably will take her a little minute though."

"Aight, just don't do this shit again." I got up and headed upstairs. "I hear you man. That's my bad." He apologized.

"Where is KJ?" I was curious, making sure they have everything well thought out. "He's here, Leah's putting him to bed now." He said.

"Aight." I hung up with Mikeand started getting ready.

____________
{Song: "Nunya" By Kehlani Feat. Dom Kennedy}
{Vote & Comment please and thank you.}

{I hope you're loving this direction}
{Next Chap lets see how this little meet and greet goes with Leahs friend}

Lol Ok I'm done, stay tuned guys. ✌️🏾

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.4K 1.9K 36
"Brothers ?" "Yeah" "Nah ! I will choose my boyfriend over my rude ass brothers" "Wow ! You hate your brothers that much, Olivia ?" "I despise them...
8K 512 61
They say "Blood is thicker than water." but "FAMILY" isn't just about blood, it's about who you love and have faith in and above all who loves you. F...
8.4K 173 19
COMPLETE! give it a try! 🌸Ava is sunshine girl. On the first day of school she gets paired up in the wrong room filled with hockey boys. She meets h...
209K 3.9K 35
||Completed Story|| Amara D'Angelo. A strong and beautiful girl. With not many weaknesses, not much can break her. Untill the moment when her mom did...