The Southside (SLOW UPDATE)

By DetectiveBughead

"It all started with Hiram Lodge it'll end with him; it wasn't just the Southside he fooled. He deceived ever... More

♊PROLOGUE♊
♊CHAPTER TWO : THE NAME'S JONES, JUGHEAD JONES♊
♊ CHAPTER THREE : MEETING THE HEIRIESS ♊
♊CHAPTER FOUR : FP JONES♊
♊The cast♊
Chapter 4 Teaser 1
CHAPTER 4

♊CHAPTER ONE :THE MAN IN BLACK♊

1.5K 51 12
By DetectiveBughead

.🔱🔱.

He was known as the man in black, a ruthless, handsome, powerful charming businessman who everybody in the town of Riverdale fear and daren't to double-cross, the result will not be pleasant in the end. Being the CEO of Lodge Industries, owner of Pop's Chock'lit Shoppe, Southside High, Whyte Wyrm and last property which he wanted to convert into prison who'll soon be in his control, the Southside. Hiram Lodge was also involved with drug dealing business and in the mafia. He didn't care who gets hurt, as long as he gets what he wanted in return, that why he enlisted Penelope Blossom and Clifford Blossom in his plan, to finally destroy what's left of the Southside, in return there'll be a family alliance between families, which will result into marriage but it didn't go as plan. Clifford killed his son, Jason when he found out he didn't want to, take over the family business. In an effort, not to be disgrace Clifford killed Jason in cold blood and covered up the murder and blamed it, on the Southside Serpent. FP Jones, the Serpent king took the blame ending up behind bars. But since Clifford eliminated the chance of family alliance as agreed between them. There could only be compensation done.

Before Hiram came back to Riverdale, he was arrested for fraud and embezzlement in New York where he, his wife Hermione and daughter Veronica lived in paradise fantasy life. He returned to Riverdale, trying to rekindle the relationship with his wife and daughter. His return cause problems and trouble to everyone in the town, he'd enemies even in the same town where he was born, who wanted him dead, but he survived the tales that went on. He found out, he'd a daughter with Alice, who he'd an affair but ended It when he left for New York with his family.

.🔱🔱.
|🔱Pembroke🔱|

"Hiram." Hermione held on to the door, to looked at him as she watched him struggle with tightening his tie. She shut the door and practised sensual stroll leaping into action feet, hammering the marbled floor edging closer, to him helping him fix up his tie. When she saw it was neatly done, she lifted her head giving a lacklustre smile.

"Thank you." He smacked his lips.

Hermione nodded excessive forgetting, why she came up here to see Hiram.

Hiram was facing Hermione by his back, stood straighter smoothening his tie, a little looking subtle wink with the mirror having a sincere smile, encompasses the whole face. Today was his night, he was going to reveal his excessive plan for the Southside and no one can stop him, not even the people who lived there they were helpless and dirty poor. And even if there was he'll eliminate them, without a chance the same way he eliminated Alice husband Hal Cooper. He didn't like the fact he was fathering Betty, his own flesh and blood so he eliminated without mercy. He can still remember his cry of pleading to spare his life. He needed Alice in his control, which means eliminating Hal out of the picture. Even when the gun was on his hand, he didn't show mercy it went off eventually. He covered up the murder, blaming it on the Southside, it been 6 years since it happened but since then, Betty hasn't had a close relationship with him even if he was her father.

"Hiram, are you listening? I said the guest has arrived," Hermione said snapping Hiram back to reality.

All he'd given her a toothy smile, looking at his perfect face in the mirror. It's weird to know, she allowed Hiram to control her every move. When he told her, she'll be running for Mayor in Riverdale, she didn't object, she agreed immediately. He told her it'll be good for business if they'd someone in the inside, who'll do his bidding in inside the Mayor office. But couldn't do anything but facing the town, she knows to crumble bit by bit. When she won the election, Hiram started setting his plan in motion.

"Have Veronica and Betty arrived yet?" He twisted the wedding ring on his finger.

"No they haven't," she replied.

"What'd you say?" He asked gapped mouth staring.

"They haven't arrived yet."

He clenched his jaw at sight, not knowing what to say, he quickly stuffed his hand in his pocket, pull out his phone and dial a number. Hermione felt an uneasy tension going through her mind. Whatever Hiram want to announce tonight, wasn't going to benefit the Southside.

"Hello, Mija."

"Where the heck is you and Betty are?"

"Home!" The muscle in his face tightened, ready to unleash anytime soon.

Hermione lowered her eyes and squinted.

"Get yours and Betty ass here at Pembroke now, this instant I don't care what excuse you've, just been here and don't disgrace me ok."

He hanged up the call and turned around, having a managed a deadpan expression. Hermione eyes and nose crinkling avoiding eye contact with him.

"I can't believe those two want to jeopardize my big night."

He raised eyebrow staring at her dress, it was sashed at the waist flamboyant colours clashed dress fit to kiss the attire. He wore a black, a logical choice for a man of noir dressed like he's the devil groom, the suit of clothes. He wasn't going to allow Veronica and Betty to destroyed, his night of glory.

"Shall we?" He extended a hand to her. "We can't keep the guest waiting."

She blinked owlishly gendering the arms held out to her.

She tilted her head intertwining their hands, walking out of the room glamorously down the aisle descending, briskly and making firm, precise movement patriating as the crowd of individuals, who glanced at them in their attire giving them a warm welcome. They pretended to be a perfect couple in front of their guest, but they weren't so different from the rest.

.🔱🔱.

Betty scrolled through the website, she's been secretly writing an article against her dad for a year now. Her user name was Southside lovers. She received a bad and good comment on her blogs. It didn't really affect the confidence and belief she'd toward the truth. The good comment was coming from the people, who knew the truth and couldn't lie and deny it anymore. The Southsiders loved her, even if they don't know her real identity. The bad ones always leave ill manner comment, saying she's always supporting the Southside because she was one of them a Serpent scum, that what they called her. She didn't blame them, knowing her dad was behind her own thing. While growing up, she didn't see the Southside as scum, as other Northsiders did. They didn't deserve to be forced out of their homes, because of her dad evil intention. When she was in high school, her dad bought Southside high, at that time she didn't know he was her dad until her stepfather died.

She read through the headline she wrote.

"What are Hiram Lodge intentions partaking the Southside?"

It's believed charismatic businessman multi-billionaire, Hiram Lodge the CEO of Lodge industries want to turn the whole Southside of Riverdale into prison and drive away from the Southside from their home, with no compensation and the Northside are happy about this because they believe crime will be no more in Riverdale, but we all have hidden agenda behind our heart. What's Hiram agenda regarding this prison? We'll never know until we start questioning our self with the research I've gathered most of these families live in trailers and can't effort the type of lifestyle the Northside have. Some of them live in poverty, unstable homes leading to them having a rough childhood, which results in them involved in criminal activities and other illegal activities. But we're human, we all make mistake. I believe what Hiram Lodge plan for Riverdale, isn't what Riverdale needs. Besides he's a man looking for means to make a profit, not caring if others are hurt, because of his action. I'm not defending the Southside, neither am I taking anybody side and I'm just stating the fact, we should be analyzing what in front of us. A prison is not what we need in Riverdale. We shouldn't forget, he bought Southside high making it shut down the whole of a student of the Southside started attending Riverdale high. And recently he bought Whyte Wyrm, the Serpent hang out area. What's going on we should be asking our self what Hiram intentions are?

A wary smile surfaced on her lips, click on the publish button shortly after she logs out of the page and turns off the laptop. The screen goes dull and the power lamp is an obscure light, she quickly closed the laptop's lid and put it away, from her bed and swayed moved her feet on the floor moving to her desk dropping it.

Repeatedly knocks travelled down her nerves, she stayed put in action tapping her feet before swirly dragging her feet to the door. She awkwardly constrained herself to move it open fully, until she set her heart who's on the door. Expelled her breath in a whose and opened the door, for Veronica and closed it. Setting her eyes straight on her sister, who jump hurriedly on her bed.

Betty crossed arms over chest, her toe tapped a staccato rhythm.

"I know you're wondering why I'm here?" She said flung out of the bed, "D-Dad called me he wanted us to come to his party tonight."

Her body stiffened dropping her hands at the remark.

"D-Did y-you t-tell him......?" She froze at the moment inhaling a deep breath and blew out slowly.

"Yes I told dad today is the day you visited your stepdad grave that you don't feel like going." She uttered slumping her shoulder. "He got annoyed at me."

"He told me on the phone get yours and Betty ass here at Pembroke now, this instant I don't care what excuse you've, just been here and don't disgrace me ok."

Betty's eyes glanced at Veronica blue French cut lace dress, which was below her knees.

"What's your own excuse, for not going?" She asked with eyes narrowed to slits.

Veronica shrugged before answering.

"I was going to meet up with Chuck at Pops, tonight Betty." She unblinking focused her eyes. "I've been seeing him, in secret for a while now."

"What?" She twisted her mouth, "Nick bodyguard!"

"Are you guys in a relationship or something?"

"No!" Betty frowned her eyes at Veronica remark.

Betty didn't bother asked her, what she meant quickly glance sideways. She gripped her clench so seriously, that it left an imprint on her. She took in a sharp breath noticing it, quickly hugged herself to cover it.

Betty heard Veronica say one last thing, before leaving the room." I'm sorry, I didn't tell you about Chuck."

Betty ousted her breath in relief, she didn't see anything wrong with Veronica seeing Chuck. She just wished Veronica told her about it, not keep a secret. "The real question were they even in a relationship?" She'll get it out of Veronica eventually. She uncrossed her arm, removing her pyjamas unmoved looking the deep wound, formed in her palms. It's been a habit for many years, digging nails in her palms it got worse when her stepdad died the anxiety control her reflexes, movement and action before she knows it. She was back to the old habit she ultimately wanted to overwhelmed all she could do is hide, for the rest of night from everyone, including her mom who she believed will definitely be at Hiram opening celebration.

She exasperated sigh pressing her lips together.

.🔱🔱.

The car eased back before a luxurious apartment building, on the avenue and manoeuvred into it underground leaving.

The window whine down, Veronica fixed her gaze on the luxurious apartment building the Pembroke. Andre eased out of the car and quickly opened the door for them.

She saw Betty swivel her hips and upper body, dipping her head slightly as to get up.

"Betty wait!" She stared at Veronica with a steady eye.

"Can we talk?" Veronica asked.

Betty inclined her head.

"Andre leaves us," she voiced.

"As you wish," He noted shook his head in understanding, drifting away.

Veronica rubbed her thighs, lifting her chin.

"I'm sorry, I didn't tell you about Chuck earlier." She fiddled with her bracelet. "Are you mad at me?"

"No, I'm not," Betty responded.

"It seems you were," Veronica murmured looking down.

"No, we tell each other everything It just t-that.........." She gasped, putting her hands over her mouth.

Betty pulled it away, realizing she hasn't truly been honest, about her condition to Veronica.

"It just that what?" Veronica asked. "There's something, you aren't telling me?"

"Are you keeping secrets too Betty?"

"No, Veronica I've no secret to hide." She widened her eye. "I was just shocked at all."

"Are we good?" Veronica questioned maintaining eye contact.

"Yes." She grinned leaning in closer hugging Veronica.

.🔱🔱.

They walked their hips rolled and undulated stylishly, inside the mansion going toward the pool area when they stepped in all eyes were on them as things froze. Betty wore plunging neckline gowns cut to see the level clad array. She didn't really like being the centre of attention, she bites her lips stopping herself from crying to make herself feel better she checked her wristwatch, wishing that'll be over soon. While Veronica who use to the attention raising a hand in greeting to the business partners who she was acquainted with. She wore ostentatious extravagance outlined boots with newspaper stuffed inside to cover the holes in the soles glammed fashion.

Betty saw Nick lumbered cross long-legging strides, to meet up to them. She curled her lips, wishing she can keep her distance away from him but she can't, he was her so-called boyfriend, that she was forced to date as an approve of her dad. And was supposed to be with her at all time. He seemed charming and affable but Betty never felt comfortable with him, knowing his real personality will come out.

"Veronica!" He curled his arms around Betty's waist, hugging her close not acknowledging her. She ogled at decadent open collar whites, that looked grey groom suit up he wore.

Betty tried to pull away from his grip but he held her tight.

"Nick St. Sicko." She over tilted her head looking at Betty, who looked uncomfortable.

"You couldn't miss the show didn't you?" She asked him maintaining eyes contact with Betty.

"And why'll I?" He said looking at Betty, as she bit her lips and glance away. "We'll finally what's in store for the Southside."

He brushed his lips on Betty's cheek, making her want to pout.

Veronica shifted eye contact, something catching her, making her leave them without saying any word.

Betty didn't like being alone with Nick, there were people among their midst but she felt helpless. He let go of her upper arm inexpertly.

"Thank God he let go of me, it felt suffocating being that close to him." She made a steeple of her fingers.

She turned her head away crossing her legs tight blinking back tears from her eyes.

"Look at me." He said to her grabbing a glass of champagne from the waiter. "Do you need a drink?"

"No!" She increased her pitch in voice, folding her arms not glancing at him.

Nick lifted his shoulder in a half shrug waving the waiter away, her forehead puckered frustrated gritting his teeth.

"What's wrong with you?" He clenched his hands in a dirty fist and forcefully grabbed her upper arms, tightly squeezing it.

"Nick you're hurting me." She whimpered squinting her eyes shut.

"Open your eyes, you whore!" He cursed running a knuckle forcefully down her cheek.

"Can't you see we're destined to be?" He eyes rolled skyward forcefully, opening her eyes as she bottoming her lip jutting out. "Your dad will never allow you to be free of me so better behave."

"Let go of her Nick St. Creature!" Cheryl stepped forward.

"Sharon!" He takes notes of her appearance.

She wore, a charming displayed asset all flash and no dash bundle up an outfit. She was beautiful, but a venomous snake who hated his gut. He enjoyed teasing her, even in front of Betty who could do nothing but watched.

She rolled her eyes because till this day he hasn't gotten her name correctly.

"Can you let go of my friend you're hurting her?" She hissed raising an eyebrow. "And moved five feet apart, away from her this instant!"

He shifted away from Betty letting her go, and giving them a finger of a devil eye." This isn't over."

"Nick!" He leaned back and looked at them.

"My name's Cheryl, not Sharon." She chuckled wrapping a curl around her finger.

He bobbed off in raged, pivoted on his heeling and took off.

Betty thank Cheryl for coming to her rescue. She hated Nick so much, she allowed him to do whatever he wants with her. She imagined the worst scenario, if she was married to him it could've been worst more abuse and bad language, lashing down at her. She wished it'll never come to that. She and Cheryl catch up with things. Within their conversation, Cheryl mentioned seeing Veronica running inside her old room with a handsome redheaded guy, who she hasn't seen before. Betty finds it odd but changed the subject, not feeling uncomfortable talking about it. The conversation ended when it was finally time for Hiram speech.

.🔱🔱.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we all will witness the new awakening of a new age in Riverdale, as you know all will have watched the rising of a new Riverdale and a fall of Southside, that'll once be forgotten, as things will slowly come to light and darkness tarnish forever. A new chapter in this town, where crime will be no more. No more conflict between Northside and Southside, there's only going to be one owner of Riverdale. All we know it the Northside will claim what's theirs from the start and rebuilt Riverdale, from the scratch with a new generation innovation."

"Who's with me?" He pumped his fist in the air.

Everyone tilted their heads back and yelled:" We're with you all the way Hiram!"

Just as he thought no one can stop him from building his prison in the Southside territory, not even the Southsiders could stop his plan from happening. He gleamed of deviltry placing his hand, around Hermione's shoulder.

"Cheers!" He raised his glass of champagne in the air.

"Cheers!" Everyone clenched their hands over raising their glass.

The celebration wasn't complete, without Alice Cooper swaggering into clashing the party as everyone take note of mimic body language, waltzed across. She wore diving neck area red snake print dress and a coordinating gold snake neckband, becoming a sensation in the eye of everyone.

Hiram skidded to an abrupt halt. "Alice!"

Hermione raised her brows bumped together in a scowl, before she knows it, barged ahead to mince her way up to Alice. She tilted her head and pressed her lips glancing at Alice. She and Alice are rivals, that'll never change. She always felt insecurity, the day Hiram blew the bomb to her he'd an affair with Alice and had a child together. She was kept in the dark until, Veronica high school graduation, when he finally, spoke up telling her everything.

"Fancy seeing you're the first to welcome me, Hermione." She stretched out her legs in front of her.

"Don't look too comfortable, Alice." Lips pursed like she'd been chewing a lemon rind.

Battled his way through the melee, watching the two women want to murder each other, as their eyes burned with hatred. He knew they didn't get along with each other, knowing his infidelity affected Hermione every day that passed. She didn't say anything, but he knew deep down she was hurt and reminded she'd to share Hiram with Alice.

"Ladies." Hiram made a firm and precise movement toward them.

"Look who decided to join the party," Alice smirked.

He stands in personal space, with his body positioned to Hermione, holding his hands together in front of a crotch. He drooped of his head moving his body, whispered words to her earlobe. "Look Hermione I know you've some bad blood, going on between you two."

"Don't make a scene where people are watching don't embarrass me." Tilted her head to one side listening. Hermione knows Hiram didn't like being made a fool of in front of his business partner. She wasn't in her right senses when she approached, Alice now there's no going back.

"Give each other a smile." He declared glancing at both of them. "And shake each other."

Hermione's nostril flared, she'll never shake Alice hands let alone be friends with her. That'll be impossible Hiram knows that, "Why's he pushing the issue?"

Alice constantly twirled her hair and tucked it, behind her ears. Hermione lip primed in annoyance. She kept eye contact, but her gaze became glazed, had no choice but to give Alice a grin on the face, indicating to everyone they're friends now. But they weren't. Alice gave the unwarranted smile that made her feel uncomfortable. They doubled handshake within just a minute, Alice's face was struck by the palm of her hand.

"Do you think I'll forget you for snatching Hiram!" she yelled.

"You'll pay for this!" She declared gripping Hermione hair tight, struggling to keep it in balance.

They dragged each other hair, trying to fight for dominant, as the crowd envelope watching them. Hiram couldn't do anything, but narrowed his eyes but watch. They both kept gripping hard, not knowing to be one inch to fall inside the pool. But before Hiram could warn them. Their body fell hitting colourless tasteless substance, welcomed to the rhythm of it, feeling the wet and cold sensation of the water, as their dress got wet so did their hair which was a total mess. Looking at each other with hatred in their eyes, not minding they were in front of the crowd, as they continued, their malice ways until some people came to separate them.

Hiram buries his face, in his hand not to gaze.

.🔱🔱.

Betty shrank into the angry crowd when everyone gathered, watching the drama between her mom and Hermione. She slithered through the door, before finally closing it sallied forth. She couldn't go back to her apartment, it was already midnight and the celebration was ongoing, she wanted alone time with herself so decided to come inside and rest. She tightened her lips, perceiving the smell of smoke in the living room. Mince her way forward, stumbling upon a young man facing, his back at her, holding a cigarette in his hand sitting comfortably on the couch, she gasped not uttering a single word. She quickly regained her composure.

"Who're you?" she questioned.

Osmosis waving out of his mouth with passive wind ironically, he held the cigarette with great pride and respect, quickly roll it back in his mouth inhaling it, before dragging it out continued his passive action smoking fuse of it.

He rose up a tall erect posture, from a comfort zone avoiding eye contact.

"Excuse me I asked you a question?" She clapped her hands on her hips, arm crooked like sugar bowl handles.

He threw his roll-up on the surface floor, ignoring her question. He slushed the substance into pieces, striking it with his footwear.

She raised her eyebrow at his action.

He lazily trailed out, a pack of cigarettes in his front pocket and fish one out in the pack and thrust the rest in the pocket, put one cigarette in his mouth and light it up with a lighter. He held the roll-up in manner, touch between his knuckles inhaling drawing the smoke right into his lungs, holding it for a few seconds to let it cool. Sexually arousal removed the cigarette away from his mouth, then inhaled it. Not long after, he quickly hung the cigarette immobile in his mouth and slowly removed it.

"The name's Jones, Jughead Jones."

She turned her face, away when he gave her a cocky wink and confident smile.

Sorry, it took long to update but I'm Back, to be continued..........😂

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.8K 917 27
Kingdom of Riverdale is destroyed after 20 years of war between two royal familys. During the war the kingdom was seperated to two parts: Northside a...
273K 4.8K 31
Betty goes to the drive in with Archie and Veronica and ends up getting more than she bargains for when she meets a bad boy from the southside of tow...
21.4K 507 37
Aminity Jones, sister of Jughead Jones, has had a crazy year with her father being arrested, solving a murder, and getting invited to become a South...
23.5K 1K 35
❝𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐧, 𝐢𝐭 𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐭,❞ -John Green, (The Fault In Our Stars) Why is it when I...